Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,335 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only (7896 Views)

Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation / .:: Christ Embassy Chatbox ::. For BLW Members ONLY / End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Ishilove: 8:34am On Oct 16, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: We now have 22 award suggestions. Great.

I don't think we should give too many awards so that the process will have meaning. The more awards we give the less significant they become. I propose we limit the awards to 2 (or 3) only.

I like numbers 1 = 15 = 22 best poster of the year
And number 23 the most influential poster of the year
I disagree. Best overall poster suFfices. No need for too many awards.

Best Religious Poster

Best Irreligious Poster

Best Overall Poster

Religious poster category will encompass all religions vis Islam, Christianity, Paganism etc

Irreligious will cover the atheists, agnostics and co.

Overall best poster is also the most influential poster, so this categories will cut across all faiths and beliefs.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 16, 2013
I think we will be having trouble here if we do not quicly choose a chairman before we proceed because no matter how we try..if there is no chairman there will be no coordination...
If you support the motion just let us know:No time
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by ATMC(f): 9:02am On Oct 16, 2013
Ishilove:

Best Religious Poster

Best Irreligious Poster

Best Overall Poster

Religious poster category will encompass all religions vis Islam, Christianity, Paganism etc

Overall best poster is also the most influential poster, so this categories will cut across all faiths and beliefs.
OK...funniest poster and most friendly poster nko?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 16, 2013
ATMC: OK...funniest poster and most friendly poster nko?
do u support d motion above
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:13am On Oct 16, 2013
Divepen: I think we will be having trouble here if we do not quicly choose a chairman before we proceed because no matter how we try..if there is no chairman there will be coordination...
If you support the motion just let us know:No time

I will support a chairman who can only call for votes and not one who decides for the rest.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 16, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

I will support a chairman who can only call for votes and not one who decides for the rest.
yes sir...it's for the chiarman to just b d one that wl put dz place in order wen a little trouble wants to raise its head...e is d one dat wl b givin time we wl meet here again ...rememba dat we were someow consistent when striktlymi was coordinatin @ d odas syd
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Ishilove: 9:23am On Oct 16, 2013
ATMC: OK...funniest poster and most friendly poster nko?
I don't think it is necessary. But we can squeeze in Troll of the Year cheesy
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:23am On Oct 16, 2013
Ishilove:

Best Religious Poster

Best Irreligious Poster

Best Overall Poster

I think we all agree yet on one award that must be given: Best Poster of the year in religion section = Best overall poster.

A second award is required and I don't believe we should encourage division and non participation by proposing factional awards. An atheist may not be inclined to vote for the best religious poster, and vice versa.

I think we should limit awards to general things that cut across all faiths and non-beliefs.

1 Like

Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 9:24am On Oct 16, 2013
I suggest we limit the awards to a maximum of 5. Some suggesstions here already duplicates...

As for a Chairman, what exactly will be his/her function?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Ishilove: 9:26am On Oct 16, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

I think we all agree yet on one award that must be given: Best Poster of the year in religion section = Best overall poster.

A second award is required and I don't believe we should encourage division and non participation by proposing factional awards. An atheist may not be inclined to vote for the best religious poster, and vice versa.

I think we should limit awards to general things that cut across all faiths and non-beliefs.
True. So Best Poster of the Year category is a must.

I believe we shouldn't have more three categories all together.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Ishilove: 9:28am On Oct 16, 2013
Mr Troll: I suggest we limit the awards to a maximum of 5. Some suggesstions here already duplicates...

IMO, five is too much na undecided. What are we awarding sef that will enter five categories?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:28am On Oct 16, 2013
Mr Troll: I suggest we limit the awards to a maximum of 5. Some suggesstions here already duplicates...

Remember that people will be voting. And voting 5 times does not have the same value as voting once or twice. Remember that vote threads will have to be stickied and 5 categories will fill our front page with only stickies! Making a mockery of the whole thing. And I don't even see the site admin agreeing to it.

Let's limit it at 2 and if there is another very compelling category that should compensated, then we will present it to admin and mods. Thanks.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 9:29am On Oct 16, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

er... That is gonna be a problem because what the christians will consider a great thread may differ from what the others may think. The idea of best religious poster and best non religious poster is good.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 16, 2013

-To put the house in order
-He will be the one to call for a time we will meet,because we will not do anything if we continue like this
-He will help delegate works when it is time for serious work
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Ishilove: 9:34am On Oct 16, 2013
Mr Troll: er... That is gonna be a problem because what the christians will consider a great thread may differ from what the others may think. The idea of best religious poster and best non religious poster is good.
Let's not forget Best Overall Poster. This poster is the one who has made the most impact in this section.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:36am On Oct 16, 2013
Mr Troll: er... That is gonna be a problem because what the christians will consider a great thread may differ from what the others may think. The idea of best religious poster and best non religious poster is good.

Xtians are a majority here. They will vote to favour xtianity and mock atheism. They will nomiate and elect a shameful moniker as the best non-religious poster thereby making a mockery of atheists. Likewise atheists. Although those categories sound fine, they will bring more disharmony.

Or are you suggesting that xtians don't vote in the best non religious poster as their considerations are different?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 9:42am On Oct 16, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Xtians are a majority here. They will vote to favour xtianity and mock atheism. They will nomiate and elect a shameful moniker as the best non-religious poster thereby making a mockery of atheists. Likewise atheists. Although those categories sound fine, they will bring more disharmony.

Or are you suggesting that xtians don't vote in the best non religious poster as their considerations are different?
i suggest that the christians should do their nominations and everybody votes likewise the irrreligious should do their nominations while evrybody votes.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 9:44am On Oct 16, 2013
Ishilove:
Let's not forget Best Overall Poster. This poster is the one who has made the most impact in this section.
yes yes. And at least whoever nominates should provide some sort of evidence or reason for nominating the person...
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by macof(m): 9:47am On Oct 16, 2013
2 awards is too small, why not 5?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:49am On Oct 16, 2013
Mr Troll: i suggest that the christians should do their nominations and everybody votes likewise the irrreligious should do their nominations while evrybody votes.

Ok. This sounds fair. Let's see what others think.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:50am On Oct 16, 2013
macof: 2 awards is too small, why not 5?

I think 2 or 3 is ok. 5 is too much.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 9:52am On Oct 16, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Ok. This sounds fair. Let's see what others think.
should we put it to a vote then?

The religious get to nominate for the best religious poster while the irreligious get to nominate for the best non religious poster, then everybody gets to vote.

I put the 1st vote in favour.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Ishilove: 10:06am On Oct 16, 2013
Mr Troll: i suggest that the christians should do their nominations and everybody votes likewise the irrreligious should do their nominations while evrybody votes.
I agree.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:07am On Oct 16, 2013
I think we need a coordinator 1st as Divepen suggested. Let's chose one.

Alfa or Divepen.

I vote Alfa for coordinator.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Ishilove: 10:07am On Oct 16, 2013
Mr Troll: should we put it to a vote then?

The religious get to nominate for the best religious poster while the irreligious get to nominate for the best non religious poster, then everybody gets to vote.

I put the 1st vote in favour.
I put the second in favour
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Ishilove: 10:08am On Oct 16, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: I think we need a coordinator 1st as Divepen suggested. Let's chose one.

Alfa or Divepen.

I vote Alfa for coordinator.
You just had to vote for Alfa cheesy

I vote Ishilove for coordinator angry

cheesy grin tongue
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 10:17am On Oct 16, 2013
I vote Divepen for coordinator.

We have 2 votes now in favour of my suggestion. We need 2 more within the next 24hrs to move it.

Where's @Pagan9ja?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 16, 2013
Mr Troll: I vote Divepen for coordinator.

We have 2 votes now in favour of my suggestion. We need 2 more within the next 24hrs to move it.

Where's @Pagan9ja?
I support the motion raised by Troll
I vote for Alfa
so we have
2 vote for Alfa
1 vote for ishlove
1 vote for Divepen
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Ishilove: 10:20am On Oct 16, 2013
Jes kiddin'.

I vote Alfa for coordinator grin
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:21am On Oct 16, 2013
Ishilove:
You just had to vote for Alfa cheesy

I vote Ishilove for coordinator angry

cheesy grin tongue

Michelle voting against Barrack? sad
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Ishilove: 10:22am On Oct 16, 2013
Divepen:
I support the motion raised by Troll
I vote for Alfa
so we have
2 vote for Alfa
1 vote for ishlove
1 vote for Divepen
Make that three votes for Alfa. I was just kidding when I voted for Ishilove

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Was Mary,mother Of Jesus Crucified? / Oprah Says There Is No God ! / Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.