Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

What Is the Meaning of Love? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is the Meaning of Love? (23314 Views)

Do Nigerian Girls Really Know The Meaning Of "Orente"? / Abortion: Now A Proof Of Love? / What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by ToyM28(f): 2:15am On Jun 10, 2006
well, its still love. but circumstances happen. But no matter how much one grows out of love, u still care bout ur past love.

There is a difference btw, ordinary love nd true love. Dats why there is a diffrence btw ur first nd ur hubby. U loved dem both, but the love u have for ur hubby, is sacrificial. nd full of hurt.

The exact opposite of true love is hate, cuz dats how deep emotions run, u loved so much u now have d opposite reaction. Hate is a very deep negative emotion.
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Genial(m): 2:17am On Jun 10, 2006
I fail to understand, ToyM28. How can love be full of hurt?

If love is reciprocal, where does hurt come into the equation?
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Genial(m): 2:18am On Jun 10, 2006
Bhola:

Love and pain do not go together. I totally disagree. If you are in a relationship and you are sad and u feel pain, get the h**l out. Pain is a sign that something is not right. That being said, does not mean unhappy times will not come, it will surely come, because we are human, but if u truly love the person, u'll forgive. but that does not mean, u have to keep forgiving. If it is a continuous offence, then you have to draw the line.

That sounds a bit more sensible to me.
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Bhola(f): 2:18am On Jun 10, 2006
I like the way u reason, especially the proverbs on ur introduction thread, keep up the good work.

Ok, Genial, then I can definitely post on ur thread.  grin grin grin

So, ToyM, what u saying is that, you have to sacrifice for love, even if the guy is about to send u to early grave? I think, people marry for the wrong reasons, and then they have to stay with the guy. True love means, u dont have to sacrifice. U give willing. Keyword, is willing!
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Genial(m): 2:20am On Jun 10, 2006
Bhola:

Genial, u can't pay me enough. U and diddy's combined.

Would you consider doing it as a charity?

How about love - can you not be paid with love?
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by ToyM28(f): 2:20am On Jun 10, 2006
Cuz, its full of deep deep emotions dat seem 2 be in full effect. Like i sed, true love is sacrifical. Egs of sacrificial is, maybe givvng up ur dream job 4 ur love, aborting ur babby cuz ur ove doesnt wnt. Thats all sacrifices dat hurt. But done out of love.

Now do u get?
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Genial(m): 2:21am On Jun 10, 2006
@Bhola

Thank you. But my question still begs for an answer.
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Bhola(f): 2:23am On Jun 10, 2006
Sorry Toym, i hate to break it to u, that is not love. Living ur dream job? For what, who? Deep emotions Abort a baby

Ok, before I break out my counselling skills, how old are u, ToyM? I kinda like to know the age of who I am dealing with, cos that would help me in replying.
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by diddy4(m): 2:23am On Jun 10, 2006
dont insult her cuz of what she said. just reply her wihtout her age. peace
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Genial(m): 2:24am On Jun 10, 2006
ToyM28:

Cuz, its full of deep deep emotions that seem 2 be in full effect. Like i sed, true love is sacrifical. Egs of sacrificial is, maybe givvng up your dream job 4 your love, aborting your babby because your ove doesnt wnt. Thats all sacrifices that hurt. But done out of love.

Now do u get?

Ah! Curiouser and curiuoser!

Should true love not look out for the good of the other party? If I truly have love for you, would it not mean that I would consider your own good, ahead of my own inconvenience?
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Bhola(f): 2:25am On Jun 10, 2006
My bad, Genial. Which of all ur questions? The getting paid, the age, the love part?

I can't be paid in love, cos I love greens,  grin grin

Age, I am btw 25-29, sorry, cant tell u the exact age. I am 28.

Love can not be bought, but it does help, if he got some money, lol. I ain't messing with no,
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by ToyM28(f): 2:26am On Jun 10, 2006
My age is non of ur biz BHOLA. But if u've ever bn in real love, den u'll know wat i mean. My examples might ve bn far fetched, but whether u use simpler examples or not, its still how it works.
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Genial(m): 2:26am On Jun 10, 2006
Bhola:

My bad, Genial. Which of all your questions? The getting paid, the age, the love part?

I can't be paid in love, because I love greens,  grin grin

*sighs*

So much for the benefits of love. . . .

wink
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Bhola(f): 2:27am On Jun 10, 2006
Diddy, I am not in the game of insult. And what I typed is not insulting. It is just a question, cos like i said, true love is interpreted differently. Peace to u too.

Hope u ain't getting much rain in NJ, diddy?
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Genial(m): 2:28am On Jun 10, 2006
*Pours some cold water over Diddy, Bhola and ToyM28*

Now, can the education continue?
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by diddy4(m): 2:29am On Jun 10, 2006
@bhola

d rain is much. i hate it. but it was sunny today. thanks for asking.
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Bhola(f): 2:30am On Jun 10, 2006
Definitely, Toy, ur age aint my business. You don't even have to reply my post.

Genial, like I said, I am too old for a whole lotta things.

P.S: Toy, I will never, ever do anything I dont want to do, all in the name of love. And yes, I happen to know what true love is and I am very loved.
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Genial(m): 2:32am On Jun 10, 2006
Bhola:

And yes, I happen to know what true love is and I am very loved.

I take it that you're not in short supply of love then. Apart from greens, what other modes of payment do you accept?

wink
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Bhola(f): 2:35am On Jun 10, 2006
Hmmmm, I do appreciate good conversations. I definitely detest stupidity. Mode of payment, hmmm, thinking, I think that's abt it. Oh, i rememeber something, respect. That is a mode of payment, that I can take anytime, cos I do my share of respecting others.

Diddy, I might take some of ur rain. it is hot, hot, hot. mehn, i hate heat. i love the rain, but not like it has been hammering NY and u guys.
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by jgirl3: 2:37am On Jun 10, 2006
It's hot here too
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Genial(m): 2:38am On Jun 10, 2006
@Bhola

OK then. Respect it is.

I respect you.

Now, can you please answer these questions? Thank you in advance.

Are there different kinds of love? If there are, which is the best kind of love?

When people say they are looking for 'true love', does it mean that there is false love? How is that possible?
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by diddy4(m): 2:38am On Jun 10, 2006
@bhola, i think respect is essential in a relationship.

u can come and take some of our rain please. i have some freinds at TX and dey are cry fowl for me. they said they are roasting like plaintain there. funny though. lol
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Genial(m): 2:40am On Jun 10, 2006
j-girl:

It's hot here too

Where is here?
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by jgirl3: 2:42am On Jun 10, 2006
Louisiana - it is like in its 80, 90s - so hot
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Genial(m): 2:44am On Jun 10, 2006
j-girl:

Louisiana - it is like in its 80, 90s - so hot

That would be in fahrenheits, I presume.

Otherwise you wouldn't be at your computer! cheesy
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by hucarson(m): 2:45am On Jun 10, 2006
@diddy4dt,
where have u been?
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by jgirl3: 2:46am On Jun 10, 2006
yeah, fahrenheits - if not i would have been roasted alive
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by hucarson(m): 2:48am On Jun 10, 2006
Pls don't roast alive.
We need u on Nairaland. grin
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Genial(m): 2:49am On Jun 10, 2006
grin

Let me know about your experiences with love.

Is love unconditional?
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by diddy4(m): 2:50am On Jun 10, 2006
@hucss
i have been here. didnt have your, i would have hit u up. but u can hit me up on yahoo. just click my yahoo stuff and hit me up.
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Bhola(f): 2:53am On Jun 10, 2006
Are there different kinds of love? If there are, which is the best kind of love?

When people say they are looking for 'true love', does it mean that there is false love? How is that possible?

Different kinds of love? Definitely. You can't tell me the kind of love u have for ur parents, is the same that u have for ur future wife. The best kind of love, is the love where u don't have to change anything about the person or about urself, in order to love the person.

Looking for true love. Yes there is false love. That is the one I term "Stupid love". True love looks out for the other person, false love, looks out for themself. It is all about me, me, me in false love. False love is when u have to attach somethg or a reason for loving the person e.g. money and things like that.

I hope I kinda answered your questions. I guess it is much more easier to say all these, than type them.

J-girl, Louisiana, what part are u? Got friends that attend LSU.
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by jgirl3: 2:57am On Jun 10, 2006
hi hucarson, lol.
I am not in Baton rouge, that is where LSU is, i am in New Orleans

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Why Do Most Guys Feel It's Only "Churcheous" And Good Girls That Are Virgins?? / 3 Things To Do If She Comes Over To Your House And Refuses To Have Sex / Minocycline Could Stop Men From Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.