Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,967 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? (20213 Views)

Poll: Falling under the anointing?? Whats your take

Real: 57% (121 votes)
Hoax (Scam): 26% (57 votes)
Hypnosis: 16% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Falling Down Under Anointing? / Why Always Women Falls Under Anointing And Not Men? / Falling Under The Anointing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by lucabrasi(m): 12:18pm On Jul 08, 2008
manchibabe:

@ Lucabrasi
i actually attended the whole program, trust me d only part i gained was when Pastor George Adegboye preached nd Shitta but at some point i was just sick and tired nd besides Odiri has been der before nd it was d same old tin seed sowing, prophesy, but no soul winning, so what is d whole essence of christainity, is it only miracles or what

did u attend d whole lot only odiri own for prohesy seeing, lol
lol to be honest i onli attended the friday and sunday,and the sunday evening one as well,abeg lets be honest most of the people did for odiri's annointing o ,didnt u see how people were clapping when the man called anyone out instead of them to be praying grin
but the man is really funny though,
yes i think that falling under the annointing gift is not for every man of GOD and shouldnt be forced,i dont speak in fake tongues just because everybody s doing it cause ill prefer praying in normal english than sinning
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by mnwankwo(m): 12:18pm On Jul 08, 2008
Falling and similar occurences during religious ceremonies may be hoax or it may be real. However even in cases where it is real, it has nothing to do with the power of GOD. In those real cases, it is hypnotism, suggestion, autosuggestion, altered consciousness due to religious ecstasy or influence of demons/phantons or temporal possession of worshipers by departed human spirits. It is indeed sad that many human beings are suceptible to these nefarious influences even when they believe that they are impervious to it. The reason for this lies in the spiritual poverty of most people. They surrendered their God given free will to another person (many are not conscious of this) and thus are subject to the influences coming from sources independent of themselves. Any human being who have absolute trust in God and lives according to his laws is absolutely impervious to these acrobatics. Indeed any attempt to influence such a true child of God will only lead to tthe destuction of sources trying to generate such influence wheather they are hypnotists, demons, phantons, departed human spirits, witches etc. Every human being is surrounded by an inviincible but impenatrable "canopy". SIN and FEAR can create "holes" in this invincible "canopy" and through this such an individual can be attacked from the outside. Atimes the results of such influences are immediate but in many cases the physical manifestation takes months or even years. If we can live only according to the laws of God, then these acrobatics by pastors, hypnotists, demons, witches, juju etc will cease. Equally the power centers from which these spiritual acrobats draw their "power" will dry up and free some of the acrobats using them while others that do not want to free themselves will be destroyed by the dying power centers. A true child of God can with a simple prayer easily cut off the connections of the hypnotist, anoiting pastors etc such that these spiritual acrobats cannot perform such bizare activities prevalant in hypnotist clinics, crusade grounds, revival meeetings etc. The power of God manifests in beauty, love, justice and harmony, and not in falling to the ground, fuming in the mouth, epileptic sizures and other bizare activities prevalent in religious revivals of today.

1 Like

Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by mnwankwo(m): 12:21pm On Jul 08, 2008
Falling and similar occurences during religious ceremonies may be hoax or it may be real. However even in cases where it is real, it has nothing to do with the power of GOD. In those real cases, it is hypnotism, suggestion, autosuggestion, altered consciousness due to religious ecstasy or influence of demons/phantons or temporal possession of worshipers by departed human spirits. It is indeed sad that many human beings are suceptible to these nefarious influences even when they believe that they are impervious to it. The reason for this lies in the spiritual poverty of most people. They surrendered their God given free will to another person (many are not conscious of this) and thus are subject to the influences coming from sources independent of themselves. Any human being who have absolute trust in God and lives according to his laws is absolutely impervious to these acrobatics. Indeed any attempt to influence such a true child of God will only lead to tthe destuction of sources trying to generate such influence wheather they are hypnotists, demons, phantons, departed human spirits, witches etc. Every human being is surrounded by an inviincible but impenatrable "canopy". SIN and FEAR can create "holes" in this invincible "canopy" and through this such an individual can be attacked from the outside. Atimes the results of such influences are immediate but in many cases the physical manifestation takes months or even years. If we can live only according to the laws of God, then these acrobatics by pastors, hypnotists, demons, witches, juju etc will cease. Equally the power centers from which these spiritual acrobats draw their "power" will dry up and free some of the acrobats using them while others that do not want to free themselves will be destroyed by the dying power centers. A true child of God can with a simple prayer easily cut off the connections of the hypnotist, anoiting pastors etc such that these spiritual acrobats cannot perform such bizare activities prevalant in hypnotist clinics, crusade grounds, revival meeetings etc. The power of God manifests in beauty, love, justice and harmony, and not in falling to the ground, fuming in the mouth, epileptic sizures and other bizare activities prevalent in religious revivals of today.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by manchibabe: 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2008
[/quote]lol to be honest i onli attended the friday and sunday,and the sunday evening one as well,abeg lets be honest most of the people did for odiri's annointing o ,didnt u see how people were clapping when the man called anyone out instead of them to be praying
but the man is really funny though,
yes i think that falling under the annointing gift is not for every man of GOD and shouldnt be forced,i don't speak in fake tongues just because everybody s doing it cause ill prefer praying in normal english than sinning [quote]

To be honest u missed the best part of d whole prog, ask anyone dat attended mon,tue nd wed nd they tellu dat der was a huge difference, am sorry oh, i dont fall for all dis tricks of telling people specific amount to sow becos u ve prophesied for d person, d gift of prophesy is a free gift from God nd nt tied to any money, imagine he said only tose whho came out r d ones he will prophesy for in d evening, wat is d proof dat d prophesy is real nd why is it only dos dat sowed?

nigerians get carried away wit all dis bull shit all in d name of miracles, men i ve learnt my lesson nd no supposed 'man of God' can toss me about

1 Like

Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by lucabrasi(m): 1:52pm On Jul 08, 2008
manchibabe:

To be honest u missed the best part of d whole prog, ask anyone that attended mon,tue nd wed nd they tellu that der was a huge difference, am sorry oh, i don't fall for all this tricks of telling people specific amount to sow because u ve prophesied for d person, d gift of prophesy is a free gift from God nd nt tied to any money, imagine he said only tose whho came out r d ones he will prophesy for in d evening, what is d proof that d prophesy is real nd why is it only dos that sowed?

nigerians get carried away wit all this bull shit all in d name of miracles, men i ve learnt my lesson nd no supposed 'man of God' can toss me about
lol hmmm no comment grin lipsrsealed
but the odiri man s awesome,i know one of the girls he called out on friday tho and i was blown away with how specific he was,i didnt know in time thats why i didnt come till friday,the funny thing is that some of these people that were called didnt even plan on coming to church at all
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by PastorAIO: 1:59pm On Jul 08, 2008
But people get conned everyday. What difference does it make if they get conned with religion or in business. The Truth still prevails and all those that truly seek it will find it, regardless of the number of fake church around us.

1 Like

Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by titilaelae(f): 5:19pm On Jul 22, 2008
Most of those 'fallings' are hoax. It's only a few that are real. How have I been able to differentiate? When a minister begins to predict the kind of feeling you will experience after he prays, like: 'the holy spirit is here now, some of you will feel electricity, some will feel like ice water is being poured on you', etc, then be careful! When the minister begins to push you, if you fall it's a hoax. A spirit-filled minister of God needs not touch you before you will fall, that is if you must.

Has anyone ever noticed children rarely fall under the anointing? And pastors don't bother to push (force) them (they fit spoil show wink).

And like someone has posted earlier, in most cases its the same set of people that fall all the time. By the way, what's the essence of the fall anyway? I tire o! shocked
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by junijustin: 3:47pm On Jul 23, 2008
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Lady2(f): 6:53pm On Jul 23, 2008
There was a video on YouTube featuring a British comedian called Ali G and the evangelical preacher Benny Hinn, in which Hinn tried to slay Ali G in the spirit right on stage in front of thousands ( now millions) . Everyone around Ali G fell to the ground except Ali G, who stood his ground. Hinn walked up to him and put his hand on G's forehead and push hard but G did not move. They were caught in a duel, with Hinn pushing and G resisting for about a minute. In the end Hinn gave up and walked away.

This was such bad publicity for the Hinn co-operation that he has had it censored from Youtube. But this was really good comedy.

LOL, SERIOUSY?

Same thing has happened to me. I wouldn't fall and they'd keep pushing me. I won't speak in tongues and they'd keep telling me to speak in tongues. One time I started speaking just to get the pastor to leave me alone.

When will people learn to let God do his work. Not everyone will get the gift of speaking in tongues. Is it by force?

As for Benny Hinn, my lips are sealed before certain people attack me.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by lucabrasi(m): 7:49pm On Jul 23, 2008
@topic
im not a massive knowledge pool when it comes to anointings,spiritual stuffs but from the little i know,falling under the annointing,miracles e.t.c is not something that a man of GOD can turn on and off whenever he likes,just like the hindu worshippers who atain a level of spiritual upliftment by chantging for hours or weeks/years on end,it is the same with men of GOD TOO, thats why the top men of GOD dont rest on their oars but are always fasting and praying in marathon style especially before a great revival,some are left in a room by themselves for a couple of hours just before starting so that they can be in oneness with baba GOD
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by AmakaOne(f): 4:09pm On Sep 26, 2008
I honestly do not believe in this "falling under annointing " Stuff.

I cannot fathom what it would be that would make me fall about in church unless I was seriously demon posessed and the demons were being wrenched from my being with the type of force that would make me physically weak?
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by affee(f): 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2008
I have never fallen
but I have felt the anointing, literally felt it

There is this programme I attend every 1st sunday of the month in Uyo
I always feel the anointing,
The Man of God does not need to touch you before the anointing hits you
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by affee(f): 8:00pm On Sep 26, 2008
This does not mean that those false prophets the Bible speaks about dont exist
They exist because the Bible say they would arise in the last days

If a believer is in a gathering or in fellowship
he/she should know when the anointing comes into the room,
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Backslider(m): 11:52am On Sep 29, 2008
This is Satans Church trying to fake what happened on the penticost.

The power of God will either kill you or quicken you. dont be fooled this is demonism in the Church.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by dudubobo1: 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2008
I dont know where they got it from scripture that you touch anyone's head to make them fall. I have met and known a number of pastors in my life and I have never fallen under that supposed anointing.

there was an ocassion sometime around the early nineties when a pastor pushed my head down very forcefully because I had not fallen with the members of his church. I had to succmbed for fear of having a having neck. What i'd like to know is what the effect of falling is on those who claim to fall.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by MadMax1(f): 5:00pm On Sep 29, 2008
I've never fallen under 'the annointing'. But believe me I have been in places where I discerned the presence of God, well someone, to an extraordinary degree.
So I know there is an 'annointing' or a 'mantle'. But falling under it? Never happened to me. I guess those who fall have long been conditioned to do so, and might actually have some sort of 'experience', cooked up by their religiously overwrought and overwhelmed psyches.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by plusQueen: 5:03pm On Sep 29, 2008
As a young Christian I had been at a worship session with fellow teenagers where we held hands and sang and prayed and the power of God was so mighty that none of us could stand on our feet.
So I know this can happen.
I've also felt that many times in my own home while in prayer.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by agaba123(m): 5:21pm On Sep 29, 2008
It is good to bring in such topics as this one. But please, do not blut out anything when you are not sure except you are an atheist.

For whoever wants to know, falling under anointing could be stage-managed but it is real. For everything that God does, the devil tries to sow a counterfeit. Read the bible. God will never be in a haste to remove the weeds.

And I wonder how much of the bible those who are asking for quotation have read. Literarily reading the bible does not reveal the hidden stuff in there. Believe you it will sound like jargon but when someone explains to you a part of the bible you have read for years with new meaning, you will not only accept if your mind is ready but you will be surprised at how rich the verse is.

Please falling under anointing is real. I for one have been in a process that I did not know how it happened but it happened. Just apply the principle of the bible with the least faith, my dear things happen.
You may have to lay hand, you be praying without touching. In each case it depends, as the spirit leads one.

The laying of hand is for some who will not believe anything will happen to them unless someone touches them etc. I can go on.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by naughtyboy(m): 5:33pm On Sep 29, 2008
Insert Quote
It is good to bring in such topics as this one. But please, do not blut out anything when you are not except you are an atheist.

For whoever wants to know, falling under annoiting could be stage-managed but it is real. For everything that God does, the devil tries to sow a counterfiet. Read the bible. God will never be in a haste to remove the weeds.

And I wonder how much of the bible those who are asking for quoatation have read. Literarily reading the bible does not reveal the hidden stuff in there. Believe you it will sound like jargon but when someone explains to you a part of the bible you have read for years with new meaning, you will not only accept if your mind is ready but you will be surprised at how rich the verse is.

Please falling under annointing is real. I for one have been in a process that I did not know how it happened but it happened. Just apply the principle of the bible with the least faith, my dear things happen.
You may have to lay hand, you be praying without touching. In each case it depends as the spirit leads one.

The laying of hand is for some who will not believe anything will happen to them unless someone touches them etc. I can go on.

@ agaba, u can't be more right than now. The manifestation of his presence and power is a wonderful feeling u'l neva be in a hurry to leave.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by redsun(m): 5:36pm On Sep 29, 2008
When i was a christian,i never fell for that gimmick,i have always wanted to but it never happen to me,even joshoua of synagogue with all his hand waving never moved me.

I think it is got to do the mind,just like people fall for hypnotism,so also people fall for so-called annointing.People seek solace from things that can temporarily relieve their mind,instead delving deep into the perceived problems and solving it,just like drunkards and junkies.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by janami(f): 5:44pm On Sep 29, 2008
i have neva experienced it but i have seen it happen a lot. The annointing of God can be intoxicating and it is very real, its just that some overzealous scumbags (God forgive me) abuse God's annointing by faking it
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by plusQueen: 5:49pm On Sep 29, 2008
agaba123:

It is good to bring in such topics as this one. But please, [b]do not blut out anything when you are not except you are an atheist.[/b]For whoever wants to know, falling under annoiting could be stage-managed but it is real. For everything that God does, the devil tries to sow a counterfiet. Read the bible. God will never be in a haste to remove the weeds.

And I wonder how much of the bible those who are asking for quoatation have read. Literarily reading the bible does not reveal the hidden stuff in there. Believe you it will sound like jargon but when someone explains to you a part of the bible you have read for years with new meaning, you will not only accept if your mind is ready but you will be surprised at how rich the verse is.

[b]Please falling under annointing is real. I for one have been in a process that I did not know how it happened but it happened. Just apply the principle of the bible with the least faith, my dear things happen.[/b]You may have to lay hand, you be praying without touching. In each case it depends as the spirit leads one.

GBAM!
Being poor and destitute is not a license to cast aspersions on the wealthy.

1 Like

Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by oisrael(m): 5:55pm On Sep 29, 2008
@ Poster
It's as real as solid rock. Though I've never fallen like lots of folks but I do feel strenghtened when I'm prayed for. During my Secondary School days, I was very much involved in After School Christian Activities and became very exposed to Holy Ghost operations so much so that people even fell when I laid hands on them. I was even involved in carrying out deliverance of people possesed by demons and believe me it's all real! We were just Secondary School Boys who studied the Bible, believed what we read and did our best to live by Bible principles and we saw it all happening before our eyes! However, I do know that it isn't a must that one falls before he or she can recieve the anointing. Lastly please know that anything that is real can also be faked. So one has to be able to differentiate the real from the fake.

1 Like

Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by vicade(m): 6:00pm On Sep 29, 2008
This topic reminds me of people speaking in tongues. ALmost Everyone in church speaks in tongues except me. What is actually speaking in tongues?
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by seyibrown(f): 6:17pm On Sep 29, 2008
It is real in some places and it is demonic in some.

My family attended this church for like 10 years and I never felt the presence of God but people would fall, jump, cry, speak in tongues and prophesy. It turned out the pastor was using demonic powers at the end of the day.

I now know that something isn't right in a meeting if I don't feel the presence of God.

'Falling under the annointing doesn't neccesarily mean you fall to the floor'
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Hardballer(m): 6:23pm On Sep 29, 2008
believe it  bro i used to doubt it until it happened to me i didn fall tho
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by webguru(m): 7:22pm On Sep 29, 2008
for someone who lives near hell, i wldn't expect u to understand
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Comfort86(f): 7:41pm On Sep 29, 2008
Ha! Ha! OMG. The Benny Hinn and Ali G story is hilarious!
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by SamMilla1(m): 7:59pm On Sep 29, 2008
i never fall so i cant tell
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by webguru(m): 8:02pm On Sep 29, 2008
speaking is tongues is vital for building your faith and helps u to pray on things you cld never think of praying on

i also used the excuse that it wasn't compulsory when i didn't speak in tongues.

Get the gift of speaking in tongues. Everyone can get it and must!

1 Like

Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 29, 2008
Me O, I'll just say some are real and some ain't.

Fake: One pastor came to pray in our house, He never stopped pushing me, and younger ones. He just ended the deliverance service by telling my Dad that we were possessed, just because we refused to fall down, so the next time he came, We told our Dad that we've decide to fall down so we could hear what the pastor will say, Then he came around and we all fell down, and He proclaim to my Dad that The Demon has left us as we fell under the anointing just as he walked into the house.

We all busted into uncontrollable laughter.

What a broke Hungry pastor!!
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by ayinba1(f): 8:54pm On Sep 29, 2008
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? / OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. / African Men Only Good At Sex; Not Romantic At All - Reverend Ransford Obeng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.