Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? (20224 Views)

Poll: Falling under the anointing?? Whats your take

Real: 57% (121 votes)
Hoax (Scam): 26% (57 votes)
Hypnosis: 16% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Falling Down Under Anointing? / Why Always Women Falls Under Anointing And Not Men? / Falling Under The Anointing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by vortmond: 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2008
your turn they come, nah the day wey the thing go storm you like bagco cement bag u go know say the thing real
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 04, 2008
A lot of xtians have more faith in 'falling under anointing' than in God. Most folks are easily carried away by pastors that make pple 'fall under anointing' and easily fall for this commomn deception tool used by the fake ones.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by ALEXman007: 5:29pm On Oct 04, 2008
More Like:
Falling under anointing;

Hoax - if you are an atheist

Real - If You a Christian

Hypnosis - If you ara a psychologist or a psychoanalyst!

Lol
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by ALEXman007: 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2008
The efficacy of God's Anointing is incontrovertible. But there are a lot of anointing brokers in the market today.
That there are fake products does not mean that the real thing does not exist.
Fake "anointing" abounds! But God's anointing also abounds and only those who earnstly seek God find Him and His anointing breaks every yoke.

Remember, you can easily be hypnotised by a fine speech, spectacle or whatever that peaks your interest no matter the context. Many con men know that and exploit the gullible people that may be called "The undiscernibles"
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by ayobase(m): 12:44pm On Oct 06, 2008
ALEXman007:

The efficacy of God's Anointing is incontrovertible. But there are a lot of anointing brokers in the market today.
That there are fake products does not mean that the real thing does not exist.
Fake "anointing" abounds! But God's anointing also abounds and only those who earnstly seek God find Him and His anointing breaks every yoke.

Remember, you can easily be hypnotised by a fine speech, spectacle or whatever that peaks your interest no matter the context. Many con men know that and exploit the gullible people that may be called "The undiscernibles"

I really go with u man!!
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 06, 2008
y concerntrate on irrelevant issues.
@ Esss
u simply dnt know wot falling under the anointing entails. Ve u eva felt the touch of God so strong on u that u lose stamina?
that is what it's all about girl.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 06, 2008
@ Esss
or beta still - wen u gat a crush on a guy who plants a kiss on ur lips, wot happens to u? U simply fall into his arms like u aint gat bones, isnt it?
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Mage: 3:40pm On Oct 06, 2008
We often doubt what we do not understand & what we have not experienced. I have actually ad what people call "falling under the anointing"experience, Twas not as much a falling but a lifting. Like everything else in life, we have people who have turned this into a business and used it to decieve people.Herein lies the mentality people now have about the whole spiritual experienc being a hoax.

Now it won't do to lay the blame only at the feet of the con artists.I also blame the so called christians who gallivant about looking for the next spiritual experience. They visit all the Holy spirit this , Holy Spirit that ( which isn't wrong) looking for that which is not lost. They strain their necks during said service, all with the hope that the man of God will suddenly have an epiphany and touch them thereby detonating the Holy ghost landmine called "falling under the anointing". Those are the people i get angry with. We need to understand that God may or may not requir a human to touch you b4 He does. Also not every one "falls". The experience is not often anything to do with goosebups. It's mor elike having your mind understanding the meaning of life.

Anyone has the right to think up ideas to hoodwink, con or dupe whosoever but they would not have so much business if intelligent people don't patronize them.

So lets not pass final judgement and call "falling under the anointing" a hoax. wink
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by ALEXman007: 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2008
@Mage
Anyone has the right to think up ideas to hoodwink, con or dupe whosoever but they would not have so much business if intelligent people don't patronize them.

I'm wondering how intelligent people will want to cooperate with those who want to con them.
Anyway, to be fair to both the intelligent and the"unintelligent", we have to acknowledge that it is pretty difficult not to be conned when every other person believes in the dupers.

The reason why these conmen succeed is because they usually operate in the crowd, churches or gatherings. There is something I call "crowd pressure" that suck people, whether intelligent or unintelligent, into being compliant with what their dupers demand. It is not altogether different from the concept of keeping-up-with -the-jonesses. Many people like to do things, "fall under anointing" or even get hypnotised, when others are doing same.
Every magician, charlattan or con man knows this basic psychological weapon of "mass deception" and consequently exploit it.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by obinna5000(m): 9:57am On Oct 07, 2008
Falling under anointing means that the person has experienced the manifestation of the Holy Spirit in his/her life. But it is not in all cases that a person has to fall down under the influence of the Holy Spirit.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by nomanicole(f): 4:51pm On Oct 07, 2008
i don't know about falling,but i know about goosebumps.i've never fallen.ive had experiences where the pastors have pushed my head and i just keep moving and still stand yet not feeling anything.i've had situations where pastors have called me a marine spirit because i did not fall and speak in tongues.there was even a time one slapped for refusing to accept the holyspirit.we were all asked to open our mouth for 1hour or there about,when i got tired i closed my mouth and got the shocker of my life.the worst part is sowing seed after every falling down and speaking in tongues.funy enough our reverend's daughter has made it a habit of falling ,scattering chairs,and screaming whenever such occasion arises and i hear asking her friends who would be laughing all through how well she did.its on the last day we'll know the truth
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by drlawng(m): 5:52pm On Oct 07, 2008
There is nothing, absolutely nothing in the Bible that validates or supports the phenomena of falling under the power as a result of the annointing. For Christians the Holy spirit already inndwells you. "You have an Unction (annointing from the holy one" says the bible. When we try to to validate christianity with extra-biblical experiences, this leaevs the door open for hresy / apostacy. You shall know the truth (the word) and the truth shall make you free.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by ALEXman007: 6:06pm On Oct 07, 2008
I wouldn't be so sure that falling under anointing is an extra-biblical experience, after all when the girl with the spirit of divination was rebuked by Paul she may have created a scene not quite unlike falling under anointing before the spirit left her.

However, I must warn that con men know how to exploit the principle of self deception.
In fact they sincerely believe in what they tell their followers that's why they are so convincing.  Their power lie in their ability to believe their own lies.
For example, if Rev. King is not genuine, then be sure that he might be suffering from Monomania. He might sincerely believe that he is what he claims he is.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by arramyjay: 8:38pm On Oct 07, 2008
Most the time hoax.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:19am On Oct 09, 2008
It is either a hoax or its hypnosis.

Even jesus did not make anyone fall under nothing. Even when the holy spirit came on the disciples, no one fell. So where did the church get this bull from??
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 09, 2008
Okija_juju YOu know what ?
I guess

You're really a JUJU PRIEST for blabbing about Jesus Christ. huh

Are u a HUman Being, PLs let know.

BRB
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 09, 2008
[i]The Truth is that we realy canot tell if it all a Hoax or whatever, [/i] Unitill it happens to you all, then you would know.

Fed up of all this contributions
BRB
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by drlawng(m): 1:58pm On Oct 10, 2008
It borders on dangerous territory when we attempt to validate the "word of God" with feelings or some strange phenomena that cater to our feelings.  The only folks that fell backwards in the bible were the soldiers that came to arrest Jesus.  Please ! Please! Please! for the love of all that is holy and righteous, do not add to, or take way from the bible. There is a stern warning not to do so.  "Falling under the power" "aka "slain in the spirit" is not biblical. The closest i have seen in my research about the phenomena, point to its origin being from Eastern Gnostic Mystism.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by mekoyo(m): 2:07pm On Oct 10, 2008
The bible has it all. Anything not found in the bible is wrong, absolutely wrong.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by farotika(m): 3:35pm On Oct 10, 2008
The bible says: "looking unto Jesus, the author and the finisher of our faith". The standard that God has laid down for those that are called by the name of Christ is in the BIBLE. Any idea or believe not founded upon the Word of God is mere human fabrications and as such, is nual and void either it is backed up back supposed MEN of God or not.

I'm not supprised to see that many people actually believe this falsehood because the bible said that the road that leads to hell is broad and wide thereby accomodating large numbers of people.

Please note that the standard of God cannot be compromised. The Holy Spirit of FROM GOD is gentle and He is a comforter promised by Christ to teach us all things and not to torment us or teach us gymnatism. The Spirit teaches us to leave a life that is consistent with God's words and ways - a holy life. How many of these self-acclaimed pastors lives a christ-like life; how many teaches their congregations about salvation and the victory that Christ has worn over SIN and DEATH? How many will see a poor (I mean materially) sinner on the street and park their cars to preach Christ to him.

Lest stop decieving ourselves; God is not mocked and the Holy Spirit does not make BELIEVERS fall. His powers only knocks down those that are possessed with the Demons. So, beware!!!

@googles advocates

Please note that true christians do not need google to learn and know the truth. Everything is contained in the B-I-B-L-E.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by laceybric(f): 11:59am On Oct 11, 2008
Farotika its not only demon possessed peeps dat fall under the anointin of d Holy spirit!!!

I was baptised in The Redeemed church.I started attendin the workers's meeting every Sunday before service. At the workers's meeting every sunday,Prayers are been said for the upcoming service of the day and for the week.

On two or 3 occasions, I have fallen under the anointin and no one laid a finger on me nor were even praying 4 me. I was standin prayin the prayer points been given, and suddenly I saw myself on the floor.It was like I had slid down d wall I was leanin on.I felt felt dis warm sensation all over me. It was the holy spirit.

Another occasion when we were prayin on another sunday,I felt warm all over and weak kind of.I started swayin,and I knew dat if i didnt sit down i would fall. Again,noone was praying for me nor laid a finger on me nor was even praying directly for me but because I was in the presence of the Holy Spirit I fellt.

Another occasion again was in school.In my year 3, I was in a student cell meeting and after the discussion,we stood up,held hands and were praying wen suddenly I saw my self on the bed(we were in d room,all girls). It was like I had fallen under the anointin.We had just ben prayin 4 ourselves,wen I had started swayin(I knew I was swayin anyway but didnt know wen i fell).No one touched me.

So,all I am saying is dat falling under the anointin isnt a hoax nor hynopsis.

Yeah,sum pastors deliberately push you to fall.I hav had like 2xperiences wen the pastors pushed me to fall and wen i didnt continued pushin(tot he was an amateur). I didnt feel it den so didnt fall. It wasnt like I was hardening ma heart or anythin den.

Also even if a pastor lays his hnads on you and you dont fall,it doesnt mean that the Holyspirit didnt cum on you nor touch you nor your prayers wernt answered. Infact ,dey mite hav been answered.

Its just dat people like 2 see physical signs of a particular things. Wot dey dont understand is dat,sum things rnt alwaz physical.They r sumtimes spiritual.

SO FALLING UNDER THE ANOINTING IS NO HOAX!!! JUST PRAY THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT MINISTERS TO YOU(THAT'S ALL).WHETHER YOU FALL OR NOT DOESNT MATTER AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smiley
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:29pm On Oct 11, 2008
laceybric:

Farotika its not only demon possessed peeps that fall under the anointin of d Holy spirit!!!

I was baptised in The Redeemed church.I started attendin the workers's meeting every Sunday before service. At the workers's meeting every sunday,Prayers are been said for the upcoming service of the day and for the week.

On two or 3 occasions, I have fallen under the anointin and no one laid a finger on me nor were even praying 4 me. I was standin prayin the prayer points been given, and suddenly I saw myself on the floor.It was like I had slid down d wall I was leanin on.I felt felt this warm sensation all over me. It was the holy spirit.

Another occasion when we were prayin on another sunday,I felt warm all over and weak kind of.I started swayin,and I knew that if i didnt sit down i would fall. Again,noone was praying for me nor laid a finger on me nor was even praying directly for me but because I was in the presence of the Holy Spirit I fellt.

Another occasion again was in school.In my year 3, I was in a student cell meeting and after the discussion,we stood up,held hands and were praying when suddenly I saw my self on the bed(we were in d room,all girls). It was like I had fallen under the anointin.We had just ben prayin 4 ourselves,when I had started swayin(I knew I was swayin anyway but didnt know when i fell).No one touched me.

So,all I am saying is that falling under the anointin isnt a hoax nor hynopsis.

Yeah,sum pastors deliberately push you to fall.I hav had like 2xperiences when the pastors pushed me to fall and when i didnt continued pushin(tot he was an amateur). I didnt feel it den so didnt fall. It wasnt like I was hardening ma heart or anythin den.

Also even if a pastor lays his hnads on you and you don't fall,it doesnt mean that the Holyspirit didnt come on you nor touch you nor your prayers wernt answered. Infact ,dey mite hav been answered.

Its just that people like 2 see physical signs of a particular things. Wot dey don't understand is that,sum things rnt alwaz physical.They r sumtimes spiritual.

SO FALLING UNDER THE ANOINTING IS NO HOAX!!! JUST PRAY THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT MINISTERS TO YOU(THAT'S ALL).WHETHER YOU FALL OR NOT DOESNT MATTER AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smiley

Now this is the mentality that we are trying to fight.
IT does matter. Everything matters. The church has made several trillion naira from gaullible christians with their doctrines, rites and beliefs.
Falling under the annointing is not biblical so it makes it wrong. People who I know that behave in this way (the falling and manifestation thing that goes with present day church annointing) are mainly people that worship the marine/water god/goddess. Watch the discovery channel, their is a tribe that does something similar to this, their leader makes incantations and some fall like they are under the annointing while other start manifesting. So please do not tell me it dosent matter.
Several researches have been carried out to find out the reason behind this behaivior by christians and what they found was that it was as a result of mild hypnosis. The congregation is whipped into a frenzy with songs and chants and prayers. The pastors voice coming into their ears from the speakers, e.t.c. You'll barely know when you'll loose yourself and fall. I have seen people that have been injured from falling. My aunt had a stroke and fell in church and the bastards kept her there for over 18hours saying she was still under the annointing.
IT IS NOT REAL>> IT's EITHER STAGED or YOU HAVE JUST BEEN HYPNOTISED AND YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW IT.
I have attended crusades where the pastor would pray and then stop, then he would say these words "When I snapped my fingers, the spirit of the lord will come upon you. Dont resist him, do not resist it. 1, 2 (then he snaps his finger) and people start fallin all over. THAT HYPNOSIS RIGHT THERE.
Or they throw a handkerchief to the ground and people start falling. The methods of hypnotism has advanced way past the old days of a swinging pendilum bulb o!! You could be hypnotised even by watching a TV programme.
So I ask again, the first time the holy spirit actually possessed people in the bible (The upper room experience), there was no account of falling, even the tongues they were reported to have spoke in was understood by people who werent even christians. So where is this thing coming from??

IT DOES MATTER.

brein:

Okija_juju YOu know what ?
I guess

You're really a JUJU PRIEST for blabbing about Jesus Christ. huh

Are u a HUman Being, please let know.

BRB

Boy you better watch your tongue around me.
I will blab about whoever I bleeping please be it jesus, god, shango or even mohammed.
Its called the freedom of speech.

Are you one of those christian zombies?? please let know.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by ezeagu(m): 6:47pm On Oct 11, 2008
no
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 11, 2008
don't believe it one bit. Its all trash
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by MALAMA(f): 8:22pm On Oct 11, 2008
laceybric:

Farotika its not only demon possessed peeps that fall under the anointin of d Holy spirit!!!

On two or 3 occasions, I have fallen under the anointin and no one laid a finger on me nor were even praying 4 me. I was standin prayin the prayer points been given, and suddenly I saw myself on the floor.It was like I had slid down d wall I was leanin on.I felt felt this warm sensation all over me. It was the holy spirit.

Another occasion when we were prayin on another sunday,I felt warm all over and weak kind of.I started swayin,and I knew that if i didnt sit down i would fall. Again,noone was praying for me nor laid a finger on me nor was even praying directly fo[b][/b][/i]r me but because I was in the presence of the Holy Spirit I fellt.

Another occasion again was in school.In my year 3, I was in a student cell meeting and after the discussion,we stood up,held hands and were praying when suddenly I saw my self on the bed(we were in d room,all girls). It was like I had fallen under the anointin.We had just ben prayin 4 ourselves,when I had started swayin(I knew I was swayin anyway but didnt know when i fell).No one touched me.

So,all I am saying is that falling under the anointin isnt a hoax nor hynopsis.

Yeah,sum pastors deliberately push you to fall.I hav had like 2xperiences when the pastors pushed me to fall and when i didnt continued pushin(tot he was an amateur). I didnt feel it den so didnt fall. It wasnt like I was hardening ma heart or anythin den.

Also even if a pastor lays his hnads on you and you don't fall,it doesnt mean that the Holyspirit didnt come on you nor touch you nor your prayers wernt answered. Infact ,dey mite hav been answered.

Its just that people like 2 see physical signs of a particular things. Wot dey don't understand is that,sum things rnt alwaz physical.They r sumtimes spiritual.

Laceybric,
I've read thru ur post twice and I've realised that what u described that hapened to you is very real and is not a unique experience. The experience or 'fallin under the anointing' you just described is called by the medical doctors POSTURAL HYPOTENSION.[i]
[/i]
In layman's language, it is called FAINTING[i]
. It is because of ur position i.e. standing,in this case,u stood for some time, that your blood pressure fell and you fell to the floor.When you fall to the floor, you blood pressure returns to normal and then you awake.I've avoided going into details on the mechanisme of such but if you are very curious,as usual,google POSTURAL HYPOTENSION.
I've had this feeling too.When I was in a tutorial class some years ago,I suddenly felt light and there was this noise of rushing wind in my ears.My vision started to blurr.The tutorial teacher noticed I was swaying and immediately told me to sit down. After a while,I became okay.My tutorial teacher and I and the rest of the group knew what it was-POSTURAL HYPOTENSION. We had been standing for over an hour for the tutorial. The same thing occurs when soldiers fall during a parade especially when they have been standing for a prolonged period and listening or pretending to listen to some boring speeches being given by their ogas. It also occurs during the 3 weeks Orientation in NYSC camps and believe me- IT IS NOT THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. shocked
Too bad there was no medical personnel present when you 'fell under the anointing' because they would have verified what I just explained to you. Even if one had been present and told you all that it was a normal physical reaction and not a supernatural one, the Christian brethren present would have 'skabashed' and debunked his explanations. I've had my share of such things and have been 'skabashed' away while trying to explain why some things occur to people who are steeped in religion and have no knowledge of the normal workings of the human body.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by affee(f): 9:38pm On Oct 11, 2008
@ Malama
Agreed you came out with a 1st class in Medicine or whatever it is you read, but I dont think think that makes you knowledgable in the workings/ mode of operations of the Holy Spirit.

For heaven sake sister of all the things you could come up with why fainting?
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by MALAMA(f): 10:51pm On Oct 11, 2008
affee:

@ Malama
Agreed you came out with a 1st class in Medicine or whatever it is you read, but I don't think think that makes you knowledgable in the workings/ mode of operations of the Holy Spirit.

For heaven sake sister of all the things you could come up with why fainting?
Affee,
whatever I read in school and whatever grade I had isn't important. My post was to explain the 'falling under the annointing' of Laceybric. The fact that we see/hear/experience things which we have never experienced before does not always mean it is a supernatural event.
I 'came up' with fainting because that is what happenened to Laceybric from her post. Sorry,I don't fit into the mould of Xtians who see such 'unnatural events' and just say 'Glory,hallelujah etc'. The fact that such events may be beyond our understanding does not mean they are all spiritual experiences. Physical experiences occur and it takes those who understand it to enlighten those who do not.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by rezzy: 12:12am On Oct 12, 2008
i av never fallen under anointing but i think its real
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by ugo2u(m): 6:52pm On Oct 12, 2008
Falling under the anointing is as real as you and I breathing and that is the truth.
Let me ask you a question?

You Believe that God is,
You Believe that there is the devil,
You Believe that the someone can be possessed by demons
You Believe in occultic practices

And you believe that in the Name of Jesus that every knee shall bow

So then why is it so hard to believe that the power of God can manifest itself in man?
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by kakaya: 12:04pm On Oct 13, 2008
For all i care, falling under the anointing is REAL!! God's ways are not our ways, some people try to work it out, but its

not mathematics. Some men of God even push literally to take some glory, it doesn't work like that o. its not what can be explained to men. its beyond us.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by emiechat: 12:11pm On Oct 13, 2008
it depends on under whose anointing you are falling. If it's Gods', then its REAL, but if its someone esle, judge for yourself
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by hoodboi1(m): 11:28pm On Oct 13, 2008
embarassed :-x undecided smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alleged Tax Default: FIRS’ Action Embarrassing – Assemblies Of God Church / Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? / Jehovah’s Witnesses occultic Views Of Christ ⚫⚫⚫

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.