Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,501 members, 7,770,256 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:14 AM

Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? (20108 Views)

Poll: Falling under the anointing?? Whats your take

Real: 57% (121 votes)
Hoax (Scam): 26% (57 votes)
Hypnosis: 16% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Falling Down Under Anointing? / Why Always Women Falls Under Anointing And Not Men? / Falling Under The Anointing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Esss(m): 7:34pm On Jul 04, 2008
In all my years of attending church, this "falling under the anointing" thing has always amazed me.

First of all, I have never fallen under no anointing.
Then there are this group of people who fall under the anointing every time the pastor moves, blinks or even farts.
I know of a man who got badly hurt after falling under the anointing from a very bad height.

I have come across documentaries and publications which have attributed this falling thing to hypnosis.

Hence my question, what is your take on this falling under the anointing stuff.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by rotimy(m): 9:35pm On Jul 04, 2008
Falling down is not the big deal but looking up to God not Pastor and Getting up with the resolution to serve God in truth and in rightousness
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Esss(m): 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2008
but people look at falling as a sign that your prayers have been answered or that the prayer being prayed was for you, or that you have been touched by the spirit.

that stuff is a big deal cos this one time in church, everybody around me fell except me. I felt like the devil.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by manmustwac(m): 10:17pm On Jul 04, 2008
The anointing is like electricity. If you wear rubber shoes and a small current of electricity flows through you, it will not flow out of you and harm you. As long as there is no connection to the earth, you are safe. However, according to the laws of electricity, some semiconductors become good conductors at a very high voltage. Before electricity can flow, there must be an inflow and an outflow. A battery has electricity stored inside it. Batteries have a certain shelf life since the chemical ingredients inside will react and stop the flow of the electrons. A battery has a plus and a minus sign. As long as the plus and the minus ends of the battery are not connected, storing your battery in a dry place would allow it to last longer. As long as the plus and minus cannot connect each other there is no outflow. The moment you put a wire from the plus to the minus end, there are electrons flowing through.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Esss(m): 10:26pm On Jul 04, 2008
@ manmustwac

Are u high??

7 Likes

Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by huxley(m): 10:40pm On Jul 04, 2008
There was a video on YouTube featuring a British comedian called Ali G and the evangelical preacher Benny Hinn, in which Hinn tried to slay Ali G in the spirit right on stage in front of thousands ( now millions) . Everyone around Ali G fell to the ground except Ali G, who stood his ground. Hinn walked up to him and put his hand on G's forehead and push hard but G did not move. They were caught in a duel, with Hinn pushing and G resisting for about a minute. In the end Hinn gave up and walked away.

This was such bad publicity for the Hinn co-operation that he has had it censored from Youtube. But this was really good comedy.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Esss(m): 10:44pm On Jul 04, 2008
huxley:

There was a video on YouTube featuring a British comedian called Ali G and the evangelical preacher Benny Hinn, in which Hinn tried to slay Ali G in the spirit right on stage in front of thousands ( now millions) . Everyone around Ali G fell to the ground except Ali G, who stood his ground. Hinn walked up to him and put his hand on G's forehead and push hard but G did not move. They were caught in a duel, with Hinn pushing and G resisting for about a minute. In the end Hinn gave up and walked away.

This was such bad publicity for the Hinn co-operation that he has had it censored from Youtube. But this was really good comedy.

Are you serious?? was it the real hinn??
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by manmustwac(m): 10:47pm On Jul 04, 2008
@Esss
am not high
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by huxley(m): 10:50pm On Jul 04, 2008
Esss:

Are you serious?? was it the real hinn??

Oh, yes. I saw the video many times and showed it other people. Unfortunately Hinn co-operation has claimed copyright violation and it has been taken off. It is so hard to come by a copy now. If I should I shall post the link here.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by manmustwac(m): 11:02pm On Jul 04, 2008
Falling Under The Anointing

1} Hoax if your an Atheist

2}Real if your a Christian

3}Hypnosis if you believe in Hypnotism

1 Like

Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Esss(m): 11:09pm On Jul 04, 2008
manmustwac:

Falling Under The Anointing

1} Hoax if your an Atheist

2}Real if your a Christian

3}Hypnosis if you believe in Hypnotism

so what r u??
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by manmustwac(m): 11:19pm On Jul 04, 2008
Am number 1
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 04, 2008
is huxley sure such a video exists? I have tried in vain to search for any reference to it and come up with zero so far. We shld be careful with running away with rumors.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Esss(m): 11:23pm On Jul 04, 2008
davidylan:

is huxley sure such a video exists? I have tried in vain to search for any reference to it and come up with zero so far. We shld be careful with running away with rumors.

I think he said it was pulled by the hinn corporation

1 Like

Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 04, 2008
I think Hinn is nothing but a duplicitious fraudster but i'd like to see the video first before passing judgement.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by huxley(m): 12:02am On Jul 05, 2008
davidylan:

Seriously. This video once existed on YouTube but has been censored. I too have been searching for it for a while now but have come up blank.

I have send a mail to Ali G's contact requesting either a copy or a write-up of the incident. I shall share with you what I get back from Ali G, if I get anything back.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 05, 2008
Huxley if you do i'd be pleased to take a look too, thanks
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by donnie(m): 5:27am On Jul 05, 2008
davidylan:

How can a Christian be this excited over rubbish. It's like some of them actually feed on scandals, so they look for where they can have some to eat every now and then so they don't starve.

[/quote][quote author=davidylan link=topic=148148.msg2462774#msg2462774 date=1215210241]
I think Hinn is nothing but a duplicitious fraudster but i'd like to see the video first before passing judgement.

Never mind, your judgment is clear enough.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by ifyalways(f): 3:50pm On Jul 05, 2008
@Topic,real but not a requirement for making heaven.

1 Like

Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by lucabrasi(m): 4:52pm On Jul 05, 2008
im sure any real xtian who attends revivals and church should know that,its not a must that u will fall when men of GOD lays their hands on you
@huxley
shouldnt the hinn video actually prove to you that its real??if everybody was touched and fell down,its people like you that will say its hypnosis or electric shocks bla bla
@poster
if u want to know if the annointing is real or not,if u know anybody in manchester who attends reddemed church ask them about dr idahosa odiri s revival this week,and what happened there,
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Esss(m): 12:26am On Jul 06, 2008
ifyalways:

@Topic,real but not a requirement for making heaven.

Who is talking about making heaven, the question is falling under the anointing.

Where in the bible did anybody fall under the anointing?
Even when Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to baptise his disciples, the bible said nothing about anybody falling. So where did christians get this idea of falling down as a sign of recieving the spirit??
why is this such a big deal amongst christians??
why are some people more likely to fall under the anointing everytime the pastor prays than others??
Why is it that in the orthodox churches, falling under the anointing does not happen??

This falling thing has become the highlight of most pentecostal church services and crusades. Look at the adverts for churches on T.V, T.B Joshua, Chris Oyakhilome, e.t.c. the main scenes of the ads are falling under the anointing.

For those who have fallen. what did you experience?
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Esss(m): 12:33am On Jul 06, 2008
This is the headline of a Newspaper.

Pastor arrested at airport with device that delivers 12 volts of Jesus into unsuspecting worshippers

Here's the link; http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=247x11016
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Nobody: 12:40am On Jul 06, 2008
Esss, it is becoming too deifficult to define many "christians" today by the bible. Sad but a fact that has long been prophesied - "by their fruits ye shall know them".
When the apostles recieved the Holy Ghost on the day of pentecost it was not something they could hide, 3000 people felt that power and gave their lives to Christ.

How has the "slaying in the anointing" been of any use to the body of Christ by those charlatans who use it as a means to draw more unsuspecting idiots to their industry sorry ministry?
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by lucabrasi(m): 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2008
@poster
i felt it way back in secondary school when i was in nigeria,then i was a troublesome boy and i went with my uncle to houseold of GOD church(chris okotie's church)while he was praying,he told everybody to clench their fists together,and after like 5 mins i got bored with the whole prayer,i tried to unclinch my fists but i couldnt no matter how hard i tried, i started getting scared and after the man started rounding up the prayers i could unclich it easily,

the second was in a night vigil and i just found myself on the floor,i felt light headed and the next minute i was being helped to my feet as for people talking about electric volts none of this people laid a finger or hand over me,the first was general prayer and the second was the man blowing air in my direction.

the third was one of my brothers,the pastor came to our house and while he was praying he laid a hand on my brother and some white stuffs like slightly thick milk began to come out of his mouth and the man began to massage his belly till everythong was out,even my dad and everyone was scared

2 Likes

Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by huxley(m): 4:37pm On Jul 06, 2008
Watch these videos to see how this effects could be reproduced by any trained hypnotist;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sq-YUdq1OI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DylNVUN_3I

Enjoy
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by lucabrasi(m): 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2008
@huxley
of course they can but that is not taking anything from what the men of GOD are doing, didnt satan himself quote bible verses when he was trying to temp jesus christ?
dont babalawos do magic as well?
the miracles,the laying of hands e.t.c is not the whole reason we attend these revival,gathering,services, these are just a means for the lord communicating to his congregation.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Esss(m): 7:12pm On Jul 06, 2008
@ Hurxley

Those videos explained what I was saying. Our churches are filled with high energy activities that whip the congregation into a frenzy hence making it easy to hypnotise them without their knowing.

@ Lucabrasi

Where in the bible did anybody fall under the anointing?
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by PastorAIO: 2:16am On Jul 07, 2008
lucabrasi:

don't babalawos do magic as well?

No! Babalawos don't do magic. Oniseguns are the ones that do magic. Please go and study your own culture very well before you start making pronouncements.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by manchibabe: 11:10am On Jul 08, 2008
left to me oh, falling under the annointing is real, but some pastors misuse it dis days sometimes some church members fake it as well,

d one i am sceptical about is laying of hands, most pastors apply so much force that if u didnt want to fall before sef u will fall,

@ lucrabasi about d event this weekend, i must tell u i was a bit sceptical about all dos annointing things abeg,

wen people fall without anyone touching then it is real, but wen laying of hand is involved i am nt convinced becos pastors ve misused dat one nd wen u dont fall it den becos u r filled with demonic spirit nd need deliverance
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by lucabrasi(m): 11:37am On Jul 08, 2008
manchibabe:

left to me oh, falling under the annointing is real, but some pastors misuse it this days sometimes some church members fake it as well,

d one i am sceptical about is laying of hands, most pastors apply so much force that if u didnt want to fall before sef u will fall,

@ lucrabasi about d event this weekend, i must tell u i was a bit sceptical about all dos annointing things abeg,

when people fall without anyone touching then it is real, but when laying of hand is involved i am nt convinced because pastors ve misused that one nd when u don't fall it den because you're filled with demonic spirit nd need deliverance
did you hear of it,the one organised by jubilee church?if u missed it men you missed a lot o,ask anyone that was there it was mind blowing
guess you r right tho , i remember when i went to a night vigil at zoe ministeries in nigeria way back and the man literarily pushed me and cause i didnt fall he said i was hardening my spirit grin
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by manchibabe: 12:06pm On Jul 08, 2008
@ Lucabrasi
i actually attended the whole program, trust me d only part i gained was wen Pastor George Adegboye preached nd Shitta but at some point i was just sick and tired nd besides Odiri has been der before nd it was d same old tin seed sowing, prophesy, but no soul winning, so wat is d whole essence of christainity, is it only miracles or wat

did u attend d whole lot only odiri own for prohesy seeing, lol
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by manchibabe: 12:09pm On Jul 08, 2008
[/quote]did you hear of it,the one organised by jubilee church?if u missed it men you missed a lot o,ask anyone that was there it was mind blowing
guess you r right tho , i remember when i went to a night vigil at zoe ministeries in nigeria way back and the man literarily pushed me and cause i didnt fall he said i was hardening my spirit [quote]

@ lucrabasi, dis is exacctly wat i am talkin about, misuse of power, it issnt compulsory to fall, if u fall witout anyone touhin u ddat is real, but if d person needs to touch u then there is a chance dat d touch will be a forcefull touch dat wil guarantee u of falling, which imo i dont buy, i ve seen wen pastor continues touchin nd touhin until d person falls just to please d man of God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend / For All Those Who Fall Asleep In Church / Alleged Tax Default: FIRS’ Action Embarrassing – Assemblies Of God Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.