Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,293 members, 7,818,990 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? (20214 Views)

Poll: Falling under the anointing?? Whats your take

Real: 57% (121 votes)
Hoax (Scam): 26% (57 votes)
Hypnosis: 16% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Falling Down Under Anointing? / Why Always Women Falls Under Anointing And Not Men? / Falling Under The Anointing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by chipass(m): 10:35am On Oct 02, 2008
Good topic.

I am interested in the result of the poll which so far is indicating that more people believe its real than otherwise. But it appears that people are contradicting themselves. The topic is specific on - wait for it - FALLING. So what's all this talk about it being real but you don't have to fall? As far as I'm concerned, if you say falling is not necessay, then you believe that when people fall, it's not real.

Based on the above, those who believe it's not real are winning by far. This is the correct position. Most rational people know it can't be real but because God is mentioned, they let it pass.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by vicero(m): 11:11am On Oct 02, 2008
falling under the anointing is unexplainable, but its real. Lot of people have experienced it even in the bible, like Saul after he was anointed by Samuel and he began to prophesy with the prophets, John the Baptist, Mary ( thats how she conceived Jesus), the apostles when they were in the upper room,even Jesus. Its an infilling of the Holy Ghost. Though some people fake it, they just seek attention and collapse at the slightest thing and u do not have to fall down or display violent signs or loss consciousness to be under the anointing. The spirit of God operates in diverse ways.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by vicero(m): 11:14am On Oct 02, 2008
falling under the anointing is unexplainable, but its real. Lot of people have experienced it even in the bible, like Saul after he was anointed by Samuel and he began to prophesy with the prophets, John the Baptist, Mary ( thats how she conceived Jesus), the apostles when they were in the upper room,even Jesus. Its an infilling of the Holy Ghost. Though some people fake it, they just seek attention and collapse at the slightest thing and u do not have to fall down or display violent signs or loss consciousness to be under the anointing. The spirit of God operates in diverse ways.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by dgratrock: 11:30am On Oct 02, 2008
i have never doubted this falling under the anointing stuff. i have experienced it a couple of times. if u ve never experienced it, then you cant explain it. though fakes are around in the droves
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Gbosko: 11:33am On Oct 02, 2008
chipass:

Good topic.

I am interested in the result of the poll which so far is indicating that more people believe its real than otherwise. But it appears that people are contradicting themselves. The topic is specific on - wait for it - FALLING. So what's all this talk about it being real but you don't have to fall? As far as I'm concerned, if you say falling is not necessay, then you believe that when people fall, it's not real.

Based on the above, those who believe it's not real are winning by far. This is the correct position. Most rational people know it can't be real but because God is mentioned, they let it pass.

What poll are you talking about? Who's winning what?
Your statements are weird and absurd, especially that line in bold.
One might think you are full of shit.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Grouppoint(m): 1:00pm On Oct 02, 2008
vicero:

falling under the anointing is unexplainable, but its real. Lot of people have experienced it even in the bible, like Saul after he was anointed by Samuel and he began to prophesy with the prophets, John the Baptist, Mary ( thats how she conceived Jesus), the apostles when they were in the upper room,even Jesus. Its an infilling of the Holy Ghost.

@Vicero
Can you kindly explain how you came about your inferences?
Did the bible state that any, or all of the above-mentioned people fell under the anointing?
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by carmelily: 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2008
It's all a crack of shite. I find the whole sham very offensive. In the Bible, only demon-possessed people display the type of characteristics people who claim to be "falling under the anointing" today display. Total nutcases, crackpots, gullible people who deserve to be conned by semi-literate "men of God".
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:56pm On Oct 02, 2008
Hence my question, what is your take on this falling under the anointing stuff.

O fe fake pa ni!!!
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Grouppoint(m): 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2008
The anointing of God, evidenced by the manifest presence of the Holy Spirit, is enough to make one fall.
However, the real fruit is whether there is a manifestation of that anointing. This is where healing, signs and wonders come to play.

Otherwise, there is really no point falling all over the place, then getting up and picking a fight at the car park, even before you get home from the crusade,
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by MyPeace(f): 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2008
lt is real, though some people can fake it. l have fallen before without being touched by any pastor. After the service l knew something happened in my life. Why we dont believe it, is because theres no instant evidance of God's manifestation most times. lt could mean that God fought an unknown battle for you, as l got to know in my case. How did l know you may ask? There was something that would have happened to me, which God miraculously prevented.
l believe at every fall, God removes an obstacle from us.

Another Fallen, was in 2007, during my church yearly conference. A Pactor preached on 'Anoiting for breakthrough' in the course of the preaching, lt was as if Heaven was let loose. This year 2008, l have testimonies for that touch in the area of my job. lt is real!!

However, you mustnt fall to receive from God, far from it, but l believe there are some deliverance that may necessiate you to fall. Read Mark 1, and Mark 2. Talks about miracles JESUS performed. God touches HIS Children in diverse ways.

PEACE!

1 Like

Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Grouppoint(m): 3:40pm On Oct 02, 2008
I have heard that passages such as, 'slain in the spirit' refer to falling under the anointing. I am unclear as to why the bible did not make it clear enough that people can and do fall.

This leaves room for enthusiastic adherents to try and help God by falling at each crusade.

God does not need that kind of help. If we want to Bless God (empower God to succeed), all we need to do is, unto others as we would like them to do unto us.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Grouppoint(m): 3:45pm On Oct 02, 2008
It is interesting to note that most of the people who were falling all over the place in the bible were demon-possessed folk.

I have a feeling that if the above message was preached, many guys will stand their ground even when you push them with boxing gloves. grin
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by slyk2(m): 3:50pm On Oct 02, 2008
its danm REAL!
A trial will convince you.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by obatoro: 3:52pm On Oct 02, 2008
The bible says" let everything be done decently and in order". I dont see anything decent in what we see on TV as "falling under anointing"
My question is what happens after getting up from the fall are those people better off?
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by slyk2(m): 3:56pm On Oct 02, 2008
whats on your mind when you go to church?
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by naomijt(f): 3:57pm On Oct 02, 2008
I will advise y'all to do a google search on mysticism in the church and you go see we en. lipsrsealed
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by naomijt(f): 3:59pm On Oct 02, 2008
obatoro:

The bible says" let everything be done decently and in order". I don't see anything decent in what we see on TV as "falling under anointing"
My question is what happens after getting up from the fall are those people better off?

Better off Far from it.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by obatoro: 4:01pm On Oct 02, 2008
sly-k:

its danm REAL!
A trial will convince you.

I frankly agree with you but what's the meaning? That God approve of you or what?
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by obatoro: 4:06pm On Oct 02, 2008
naomijt:

I will advise y'all to do a google search on mysticism in the church and you go see we en. lipsrsealed

My sister na true yarn!
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by vislabraye(m): 5:42pm On Oct 02, 2008
Peole are putting too much emphasis on falling under the annointing. There is no doctrine about it though some people in the scripture fell at the presence of the Lord e.g John and Jeremaiah, But whether u fall or not, you can get what u want through faith.
Many people have used this " falling" as one of the criteria for judging spirituality. That's where they get it wrong because I don't know( i doubt) if Jesus has fallen any one b4
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by slimes(m): 5:47pm On Oct 02, 2008
These things are not meant for the understanding of men. Gods ways are far higher than the ways of men. Speaking of annointing, not all are from the right source. Beware! says the book of revelation.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Image123(m): 5:50pm On Oct 02, 2008
Falling under the , Is it Scriptural?
Most definitely NOT.Is it good.I think every man should be fully persuaded in his own mind.
I know some really realy loved people who have the interest and I know some very false preacher who lso have interest.The question boils down to what is the advantage of the fall.what is the profit.I'm yet to hear or see a plausible profit.Anyway, whwther you fall in love or in anointing,please do all to stand, and Stand for Jesus always. cool
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by constantk: 5:58pm On Oct 02, 2008
@ allofus
what is the so big a thing that falling under annointing is generating in your hearts and minds. God is God no matter how you look at situations and people. it doesn't matter whether you believe it or not. If the spirit of God can transmit a man from the earth to heaven, if a man can walk with God and be taken! without seeing death. Listen how can u explain a woman touching the hem of a clothe and getting healed.

Don't get me wrong, if there is no original there can never be a fake, sense!!! If it is not real people will not try to do it, whether pastors or atheist!

If fire can fall from heaven, the spirit of God can slain without killing, ask Apostle Paul,

It is well with us all.

He that walketh with the wise shall be wise but the companion of a fool shall be destroyed.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by chuksabu: 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2008
HIS HOLINESS THE MOST HONOURABLE DR. REV. KING.
It is so obvious that nobody can pull God down, if after all these, that people can not still understand that there is something in that very man, in the bible john said in 2nd john that any spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ came in flesh is a spirit of anti Christ and that is already in the world and on the last day that so many false prophet shall rise, the bible said so many false prophet, he did not say one false prophet, but I can tell you that every body has proved Rev. King wrong even the so called PFN AND CAN.
But I must let you know that if this people are from God why can’t they know that Rev King is from God, even in the bible that so called power pack men of God spoke against Christ and demand that they should crucify him. Those Pharisee’s and teachers of the laws and so claimed men of God in those days 2000 yrs ago when Jesus Christ Of Nazareth our Lord was performing his miracle, even when Jesus Christ healed on the Sabbath day they question him why did he healed on the Sabbath day.
It was same claimed men of God crucify Jesus, so you shouldn’t be surprise about the comment of PFN and CAN they are envious of the miracle that Rev King is performing, he has been doing all his miracle in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, how can you claim that you are man of God but you indulge in hearing gossip and scandals, are not surprised on the recent story from sun news concerning sex scandals about Rev King, it is so obvious that so many people in the world has been deceived by media’s and so called claimed men of God that can not do any miracle because holy spirit does not recognize them. The kirikiri prison’s has male prison and female prison differently and Rev King does not do anything secreet, he attend his visitors in the office of the ACP in there oga’s office and the date Rev King depart from Kirikiri prison is different from the date sun gave to the world, go and make your research and recently the same sun news has re-write again that it’s a lie that Rev King did have any sex while he was in kirikiri prison’s.
1. Veronica Nwankwo of No:45 umejei Road Ibusa Delta State was diagnosed of full blown AIDS of over 4years, the symptoms associated with this is severe hotness and pains in my heart and also moving object all over my body, loos of appetite and constant stooling and vomiting.
I was bedridden, and can not sit down nor stand because there was no strength in me. I was admitted into the Nnamdi Azikiwe Teaching Hospital, Nnewi and was bedridden till I heard about the 1st Supper Miracle Night at CPA Church on Thursday 27th of April 2006, and I was carried all the way from Nnamdi Azikiwe Teaching Hospital Nnewi to the sipper miracle night Jesus Night at CPA Church with my mat.
I got my healing during the altar call for the people that want to give their life to GOD, and right there at the altar, the moment the water of purification sprinkle by His Holiness The Most Honourable Dr. Rev. King touched me, I felt a very hot sensation all over my body. While at the altar Dr Rev. King declares that the injections that will cure us of all the diseases that we came with have been giving to us. There and then the strength came into me. I was able to walk down to my seat on hotness and pains of the heart stopped and also the moving object in my body disappear and I was able to sit down on my seat healed of my full blown AIDS.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by chuksabu: 6:04pm On Oct 02, 2008
HIS HOLINESS THE MOST HONOURABLE DR. REV. KING.
ARE YOU STILL IN DOUBT IF REV. KING IS GOD AND I CAN ASURE YOU THAT HIV/AIDS IS 100% CURABLE AT CPA CHURCH?
FOR MYSELF I AM NO LONGER IN DOUBT THAT HIV/AIDS IS 100% CURABLE IN CPA CHURCH AJOA ESTATE LAGOS. AS A MATTER OF FACT, NOT ONLY HIV/AIDS BUT EVERYTHING CALLED DISEASE.
The first Supper Miracle Night that took place on the 27th of April 2006 at CPA “Church” World Wide was extra ordinary Supper in all ramifications.
From the moment His Holiness The Most Honourable Dr Rev. King. The man of the moment, every moment and the final moment entered into the church, people with severe sicknesses and diseases that medical doctors cannot cure began to notice changes in their body system.
It was at the peak of the sermon of Dr Rev. King pronounced that healings of all kinds are taking place right there on our seat. HIV/AIDS  will be healed, blind eyes will open, cripples, piles, fibroid and every other virus and diseases will disappear from anybody that are affected with such disease.
Before His Holiness The Most Honourable Dr. Rev. King could finish his sermon cripples began to walk, kidney, ibi, high blood pressure, fibroid, diabetes, sickle cell anaemia, staphylococcus aureus, pile, mental disorder and many other transmitted  diseases began to disappear from people, to my greatest surprise Veronica Nwankwo of no: 45 Umejei Road Ibusa Delta State who was diagnosed of 4years full blown AIDS at Nnamdi Azikiwe Teaching Hospital, Nnewi and was carried inside the church with her mat was able to sit and even walk for the first time after the altar call for those that want to give their life to Christ. The moment the water for purification touched her, she felt a very hot sensation all over her body and she was able walk to her seat for the first time
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by MyPeace(f): 6:27pm On Oct 02, 2008
Image123:

Falling under the , Is it Scriptural?
Most definitely NOT.Is it good.I think every man should be fully persuaded in his own mind.
I know some really realy loved people who have the interest and I know some very false preacher who lso have interest.The question boils down to what is the advantage of the fall.what is the profit.I'm yet to hear or see a plausible profit.Anyway, whwther you fall in love or in anointing,please do all to stand, and Stand for Jesus always. cool

Read Mark 1:23-26

in verse 26, it says "And when the unclean spirit had torn him and cried with a loud voice, he came out of him.

me think for the unclean spirit to have torn the victim, the man must be convulsing on the ground. What do you think?

For me, falling on the ground is real, but not prerequisite to receiving from God. l am a partaker of this kind of touch, and l have associating testimonies.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by rasputinn(m): 7:50am On Oct 03, 2008
Silly question from a confused mind
The OP started by saying ;in all his years(and to still be asking this dumb question,I submit he really has wasted soooo many years of his life)
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by grandjedi(m): 1:26pm On Oct 03, 2008
In the Biblical sense "falling under the anointing" just means being overwhelmed by the power of God such that it affects your posture, emotions or physical senses.

It is seen in many places in the Bible and a few examples that come to mind are :

- Abram in Gen 15 : 12
- The Priests in 1Kings 8 :11
- Daniel in Daniel 8 :17
- Peter, James and John in Matt 17 : 6
- Men and Officers of the chief priest and pharisees in John 18 : 6
- Roman soldiers at Jesus' sepulchre Matt 28 : 4
- Saul/Paul in Acts 9 : 4

From the above we can see that both believer and unbeliever can fall under the power of God. It should also be noted that different people react diferently to the anointing. Some may fall, or tremble or cry. Others may not feel anything physically but perceive the presence of God like Mad_Max said. Then others may be there and not even know anything happened.God can work with or without you falling.

Please let's realise that the power/anointing is from God and not the minister, even though the man is the vessel God is using. And if God so chooses He can manifest His power and presence strongly without using any man.

Like people have said, the devil tries to counterfeit anything God does. So please let's be careful of fake "ministers" or "men of God". Also there could be cases of genuine ministers walking in the flesh at times - like those that will want to push on your head until you fall. If there's no one falling there's no need to force and push. God doesn't need you to fall every time before He can touch your life.

People using gimmicks, electronic gadgets, hypnotism and the like to make people fall is very possible and is not new. However, that does not mean the power of God is not real ; or that it cannot cause people to fall under the anointing.

Let's not focus on the falling and forget the whole essence of christianity - Love without dissimulation out of a pure heart. You can lay empty hands on empty heads or fall under the power, roll on the floor, foam in the mouth and still not please God nor succeed in His purpose for your life.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by djcrucifix(m): 3:41pm On Oct 03, 2008
honestly, that stuff keeps me wondering undecided, i think some people do it for attention or maybe they just get a kick out of it cos i have never fallen when a pastor starts to pray or touches me or stuff relating to anointing. i guess i m just as perplexed as you, but some people really get moved you know?
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:46pm On Oct 03, 2008
djcrucifix:

honestly, that stuff keeps me wondering undecided, i think some people do it for attention or maybe they just get a kick out of it

this is also part of it, I know some peeps who havig been falling everyday yet no change in their lives. Some even fall for the recital of the lords prayers.

The interesting thing is that most christians use that as a guaratee that God has heard their prayers. When people stand up after recovering from the annointing they look so tame and humble like they have just seen God.
If you want to be a super rich holy christian bussiness mogul (Man of God) a.k.a Pastor Reverend Bishop Dr. Evang., Apostle, , all you have to do is open a church and make people fall everyday. Fallig has become the highlights of crusades and christian conventions. I have searched the bible to find a justification for this phenomenom that seems to be a very important in present day christianity but I havent found non.
But another thing is that even Men of God who were later discovered to be wolfs in sheeps clothing also made people fall when they prayed. Magicians have also made people fall, Chris Angel has made people fall, Darren Brown does it on a regular, Baba aladuras do it, Native doctors do it, e.t.c.

So kini big deal!! Abeg that thing is a scam. First they whipped their crowed into a frenzy and then gently manipulate those that are caught. It is hypnosis.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by na2day2(m): 5:23am On Oct 04, 2008
i have never fallen under "that anointing" but i have seen alot of folks that do, it kinda makes me uncomfortable undecided undecided undecided
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by nividad(f): 11:28am On Oct 04, 2008
well i don't doubt that its real but if u watch the way some pastors handle it u cnt doubt but believe its a lie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? / OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. / African Men Only Good At Sex; Not Romantic At All - Reverend Ransford Obeng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.