Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,451 members, 7,770,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:25 AM

Recipes For The Fruitful Home - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipes For The Fruitful Home (47765 Views)

Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures / Recipes For Some Igbo Soups / I Need Recipes For Stew, Spaghetti, Beans, Chicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by lizzyslaw(f): 3:11am On Oct 22, 2013
@Dreams, sorry Oº°˚˚°ºh! But u kp talking about juicing and blending as different. U mean Ȋ̝̊̅ need a juice extractor or juicer 4 d apples? Ȋ̝̊̅'ve only ever used dt wt d citrus family. Also, d instruction on my oats package was different Oº°˚˚°ºh! If to say na like ds Ȋ̝̊̅ for nor sweat. Will revisit and give u feedback
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 3:32am On Oct 22, 2013
Liz, that's my own method of making oats. It's not on any package o, lol. Pls try again.
For the apples, it's not necessary to juice them first. In fact, the juicing is really for twingirls, just as a way to reduce her fibre intake because of the severe 'cleansing' she received from shake off. The rest of us can throw everything in a blender.

1 Like

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by lizzyslaw(f): 5:57am On Oct 22, 2013
☺ķªª¥ thanks Dreams
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Bcolah(f): 8:34am On Oct 22, 2013
dreams ooooo. went to park and shop, found some of the stuffs except cinnamon, sesame seeds, mustard seeds and pumpkin. ooooooo!
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Flakeey(f): 8:55am On Oct 22, 2013
hiya...*jumps in*

@Dreams...dat apple oat-meal ehn, chai...u can like to give person longer throat
would try both tommorow but i think i will prefer the baked cos wetin i dey see so dey hungry me die..
weldone mommy.

HBD n HWA...wishing u best of all best...many more blissful and fruitful yrs.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2013
Lol@Flakeey. Make e no longer your throat too much o. Make it and enjoy jare. Many many more coming up

@Bcolah, please check park n shop very well for the cinnamon, sesame seeds and mustard seeds. I'm very sure they have it. Not Spar o, check the one near Banex, Wuse 2. 2 people bought from there this morning.
For pumpkin, check that small kado salad market. On your way to life camp, take the turn off the express to Kado estate. As you take that turn, keep looking on your right. You'll see the place I'm talking about. It's really tiny, if you blink, you might miss it. Lol.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by uteh: 4:57pm On Oct 22, 2013
@Dreams. HBD and HWA again, d party don start abi? Lool!

I got dry parsley leave flakes this afternoon from shoprite, cos no electricity to store anything. Hope its okay.

The fufu combo is nice, only dat in d morning, after using d toilet, you become so hungry!
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 5:16pm On Oct 22, 2013
Yes, ooo. Come and join us. The parsley flakes are ok, hydrate in a little water, then add to your smoothie.
Yes, the oats in the fufu gently clean out your system. Make sure you eat your breakfast, drink your smoothie. You won't be hungry till lunch. Snack on cucumbers, carrots and grapefruits.

Lemme share a quick snack recipe: peel one cucumber, dice it. In a bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of vinegar, half a teaspoon of ground mustard seed, one tablespoon of honey. Add the cucumber and toss. You will love it. It's sweet and spicy at the same time. Sometimes, I add half a teaspoon of dry pepper in lieu of the vinegar.

I will post it on the blog. It's really tasty, in fact, it's somewhat addictive.

1 Like

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by smiler(f): 5:20pm On Oct 22, 2013
'Deema dear happy birthday and happy anniversary. May our good LORD continue to lead you from strength to strength. It can only get better.

I forgot to tell you; I used your fresh pasta recipe but I used plaintain flour to make it, turned out nice however I couldn't make the lovely bows.

For the vegetable yam, I add tomato to mine but no crayfish or codfish I use smoked Mackeral instead and like you I can eat and eat lol maybe I would try adding ogiri to mine one of these days.

Thanks for all your effort. Big bear hugs to you.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 6:48pm On Oct 22, 2013
Dreams HBD a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ HWA, U̶̲̥̅̊ shall celebrate next year wt ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ twins, things of joy wil not seize frm ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ home IJN tanks, iv opened a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ made d apple oatmeal so yummy, cldnt bake it though, dats dh breakfast 2moro,

MamaT, don't mind me jare, I'm going towards my o, a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ i can't wait to try my best B̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣F̶̲̅Õ̳͡я̅Ɛ̷̃̊ den, goodnews,  Ĵüڪ† left ikeja mall, health plus has a new supply of ACV, i saw like 6 there today

Beetle, i understand you o, but e go difficult, we wil need to ask questios, How do we do dat wout posting?

Dreams, i don find bulgur tire, was checking from point to point at shoprite, don't know ​ђã†̥ to do!
I believe U̶̲̥̅̊ gave urself a treat today?
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2013
Twinnie love, yayyyy for the oatmeal. Did you check Goodies or Oasis ror the Bulgur? It's in almost every shop here. If you still can't find it, let me know. We can work something out.
The treat is ongoing my love. From morning to this night, my leg no enter kitchen for anything. Although they were just warming food I already cooked to give me, at least dh gave standing order that no kitchen for me. Lol. It's a pity the day is almost over. *sob*

@smiler, yum! I've made the pasta with plantain flour too, but I found it kinda stiff. I love a mix of the 2 flours sha. The plantain covers the beany taste. What's the difficulty with the bows? Lemme know. I can send you a mini pictorial if you'd like.
Ooooooo, I'm loving your version of the yam o. Hmmm, maybe tomorrow.

@Beetle, I have a temporary solution. I can update the first post if I have new information pertaining to the challenge. I'm still thinking it out in my head. So we can just go to the first post and see if there are updates, like a sticky or something. Help me somebody! I know what I mean in my head, I'm having trouble expressing it. Lol
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by jommyy: 8:15pm On Oct 22, 2013
Hbd & hwa my darling @dreams,may ur joy know no bounds.God almighty will bless u with all d good thgs dat ur heart desires.u shall never lack anythg good.wish u all d best 2day & always.((Hugs))
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Beetle: 8:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
Oh yes dreams, that will be great. If you keep updating your initial post or they can do create a separate thread for chats. It was done in Family section last year when they did a big brother type thing.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 1:35pm On Oct 23, 2013
Dreams, how was ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ bday? No kitchen? I envy you.

I made anor smothie yesterday a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ it was yummy, i used radish, spinach, cauliflower and apple, blended wt half glass of coconut milk. D one i made 2 days ago was bad, yuck, only dh could take it, it must be as a result of too many vegs, baked my aple oatmeal 2day, unfortunately i finished all, (a full cup of oat) i hope i can't get fat wt dis oat recipee, I'm taking too much sef.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 2:05pm On Oct 23, 2013
Twinnie, only you? Ah ah, dh nko?. I'm putting up a recipe for carrot and apple baked oatmeal muffins. There's a way to make the oats swell and give you more muffins. Personally, I could only eat 3. I made 12 muffins with a cup of oatmeal. I'll put it up and post here. Will also update the first post to include it.

That my 'no kitchen', na only yesterday o. Today, I've cooked up a storm. Lol
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by pintoxx(m): 9:46pm On Oct 23, 2013
Dreamsinbc ,Congrats ones again on ur bfp n thanks plenty for finding tyme 2 still help ur sisters in d ttc journey,may God continue 2 increase ur knowledge n thanks,ay he grant u a stress free 9months n safe delivery when due,urAmen,!
I luv was ur doing,wanna join,hope am not late?
@Twingirl ,Beetle Flakeey,Uteh n co,may God reward u all with a bfp as u participate in dis 30days fertility challenge.Amen.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 9:10am On Oct 24, 2013
@Pintoxx, feel free to join in. Read the rules, and pick up from where you are in your cycle. The challenge officially starts on the 1st of November though. Welcome, and Amen to your prayers.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by VENUSS(f): 9:21am On Oct 24, 2013
@ dreams I didn't get the 2 brown(q and r) stuffs here ooo. Mehnnn! Na so almond cost N2400 for a package , don't know if its upto a kilo cos its packed in plain nylon. So I bought flaked almonds. I got spinach, cauliflower and co, yeey. Dh says I should make sweet potatoes and beans and decorate it witH all the vegees, see me se wahala, When I told him I went shopping for vegetables.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 1:04pm On Oct 24, 2013
Lol @Venuss, he wants to eat everything now now? Mennnnnn!!! They can't kill us. Lol. Just let me know if you still want them, or if he'll be coming anytime soon.

Hmmm, na so we see the almonds ooo. I count it for dh o. LMHO.

1 Like

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by VENUSS(f): 1:33pm On Oct 24, 2013
I still want them oo. Will tell you when am ready. Thanks
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 5:30pm On Oct 24, 2013
Weli done o, I'm jejeli waiting ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ d recipe to start rolling I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ , right now, I'm wandering ​ђã†̥ to eat ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ dinner.
Biko dreams, help us out a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ give us some stuff to eat i beg, i want to eat clean but tasty meal, tanks to you, iv not been disappointed
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 6:38pm On Oct 24, 2013
Twinnie, I know this is late, but what do you feel like eating? Rice, sweet potatoes, beans?
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 7:25pm On Oct 24, 2013
My dear dream, i Ĵüڪ† finish your vegetable yam, but i used sweet potatoes, OMG!  had 2 stop myself ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ 2nd helping, my on a diet (weightloss) dh is going round 3, God bless ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ home, U̶̲̥̅̊ wil carry to term, ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ life wil be beautiful a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ fulfilling, tanx so much, if i D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ Abuja, i Fø̲̣̣я̅ break protocol come see U̶̲̥̅̊, but wetin i ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ do now?

How U̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ manage enter kitchen sef? I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ dis ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ condition? I no fit o, na so so vomit i go D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ vomit o
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by lizzyslaw(f): 10:11pm On Oct 24, 2013
ː̗̀=Dː̖́•‎​​​​​ℓσℓz•ː̗̀=Dː̖́•‎​​​​​, @Twingals, Blessing nor go fit finish for her head Oº°˚˚°ºh! Come and see DH chewing almond nuts like groundnut. B4 Ȋ̝̊̅ knew it he had finished a pack. Ȋ̝̊̅ nor fit shout, Ȋ̝̊̅ quickly replace am. The other recipe for mashed plaintain ehn! Walahi! E fit make person thief. Ȋ̝̊̅ was skeptical at first cos DH eats wt his eyes first, whn he wolfed it down and asked for more, Ȋ̝̊̅ knew it was a winner. B4 now, Ȋ̝̊̅ mainly use ugu leaves for veg sauce but whn Ȋ̝̊̅ used d amaranth, dh said it can even be used for swallow. Honestly, am enjoying her Oº°˚˚°ºh!
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by lizzyslaw(f): 10:19pm On Oct 24, 2013
@Dreams, d brown rice Ȋ̝̊̅ saw were in small satchets the largest one Ȋ̝̊̅ saw was called basmati brown rice. Is it d same?
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 6:12am On Oct 25, 2013
Twinnie, biko feel free to break protocol. Ile ni ile eee. Lol.

Lizoski (LMHO), you don carry come ooo. Please make the swallow for him o. There's on efo I make with the amaranth. It's fantabulous...
The brown basmati rice is higher in nutrients than white rice, but lower than basic brown rice. You can get the basmati version, but you'll eat 3/4 cup against 1 cup of brown rice.

@all, the reason I logged in this early is to tell those of us drinking or using Moringa to stop at O. I've been reading, and it seems there are conflicting views. Some people say they drink the tea all through pg with no side effects, some feel that the moringa caused their m/c. My own stance has always been 'it's better to be safe than to hear story'. Please, let's stop at O.

Even if you're tempted to continue after O, please do NOT eat the seeds. We will continue to wait and hope for better, more conclusive research.

Hugs everyone, and good morning. Meanwhile, irony of ironies, I'm putting up a Moringa snack bar recipe today *rolls eyes, leaves before someone finishes me*
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 8:07am On Oct 25, 2013
‎∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇G∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇O∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇O∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇D∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙ ⌣̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊м̤̣̲̣̥̈̇ό̲̣̣̣̥я̲̣̣̥и̲̮̣̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇и̲̮̣̥̅̊g̲̣̣̣̥✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̶̭̌⌣ all
Lizzy, finished a whole pack? Gbese! I beg count D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ give ‎​A̶̲̥̅♏ o, i normally put inside dh yogurt, oatmeal or smoothie i can't come a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ come a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ enter debt!

Dreams, wetin?Moringa ​ђã†̥? Yuck ! I logged I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ to see if i could get something ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ breakfast, but seeing moringa, i D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ run commot o, who knows sha! We D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ dreams kitchen!
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 2:27pm On Oct 25, 2013
Twinnie, na so? I thought you would be there for me through thick and thin, through moringa and chocolate? Ok ooo. God dey. Lol
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 12:20am On Oct 26, 2013
к̲̣̣̥ o, dream no where to run to, i shall surprise dh (he eat moringa like he's taking honey) pleasantly i await d moringa recipe I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ fear! ‎∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇G∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇O∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇O∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇D∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙ night
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by lizzyslaw(f): 8:18am On Oct 26, 2013
@Twinnie grin cheesy why in fear na? Am sure u can handle it.

Good mrn all
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 1:32pm On Oct 27, 2013
Twinzzz, e be like say na your mind go make me delete some of my moringa pictures as I was editing. Don't worry, I will make more, you cannot escape.

MamaT, wey u oooo?

@Santa, I hope say you don give madam money for the shopping?

@all, how are you doing? Are you ready? E don almost reach ooo.

New 30DFC-compatible recipes up

http://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/10/27/carrot-and-apple-oatmeal-muffins/

http://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/10/27/healthified-okro/

http://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/10/27/all-purpose-efo-riro/
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by maymay1(f): 2:21pm On Oct 27, 2013
@madam dreams i can't really access your site, pls do i go about it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

ABCs Of Cake Making / Why Is My Fondant Breaking? / 11k Well Spent..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.