Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,227 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (453989 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by steve4ever: 1:54am On Jul 23, 2014
Plz house hep shed more light sm1 hep me to pay 4my sevis av done d intervw but was denied early dis yr, but av aply to anoda sch.now i wish to transfer d sevis to dt sch. Can i do it mysef. Wht do i nid and wht are d steps pls[
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 2:08am On Jul 23, 2014
steve4ever: Plz house hep shed more light sm1 hep me to pay 4my sevis av done d intervw but was denied early dis yr, but av aply to anoda sch.now i wish to transfer d sevis to dt sch. Can i do it mysef. Wht do i nid and wht are d steps pls[
I don't know the steps you have to take per se, but I know you can definetely transfer your SEVIS record. Send an email to
fmjfee.SEVIS@ice.DHS.gov
OR

Mail to:
SEVP
ATTN: SEVIS I-901 fee CRU
Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)
US Immigration and Customs Enforcement
Department of Homeland Security
500 12th Street SW Stop 5600
Washington, DC 20536-5600

Request for them to transfer you SEVIS fee from the old school to the new school. You have to quote the old SEVIS ID and the new one too.

Modified:
I got the what I quoted below of the SEVP website. I hope it helps.
Put Fee Transfer in the subject line of your request. Give us your name, date of birth, the SEVIS ID number that you originally paid on and the SEVIS ID number you want to transfer the payment to, as well as a current, valid address Explain why the fee needs to be transferred. It will help speed your request if you include a copy of your receipt number. Include information on how to contact you if there are any questions.
SEVP will review your request and determine if the fee can be transferred. If your request is approved, you will receive an email or letter indicating that you can now print your updated I-901 payment confirmation at www.fmjfee.com reflecting the SEVIS ID from your new Form I-20 or DS-2019.
When you apply for any benefit where the SEVIS I-901 fee will be verified, you will need to provide a copy of the updated I-901 fee receipt.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 2:10am On Jul 23, 2014
Graviton2: Lmao! This thread has turned into something funny. Seriously.

In Seth Rogen's voice: There is always that one guy... lipsrsealed grin

I know you may be hurt or may feel somewhat unhappy about your relationship with Idazbawz, but this is NOT a very nice thing to say nor is it the way to go about it — you should modify that post and apologize to Idawzbawz. You are being a very petty individual, I'm not "judging" you, I'm just saying.
If this really happened, then graviton you should know what you are saying. Teddy is one of the nicest people I have met. Idazbawz was wrong. And teddy never said these all these while, but I think he spilled it out after idazbawz was telling him to help someone, while he refused to be there for him his friend. Idazbawz you no try oh! You have to apologize to teddy. That guy bu so mmadu biko.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:16am On Jul 23, 2014
Amerinancy: If this really happened, then graviton you should know what you are saying. Teddy is one of the nicest people I have met. Idazbawz was wrong. And he never said these allthese while, but I think he spilled it out after idazbawz was telling him to help someone, while he refused to be there for his friend. Idazbawz you no try oh!

Whether teddyrain has an issue with Idazbawz is noone's business on here — teddyrain should be mature enough to resolve whatever it is amicably instead of going through this bitter approach. Who does that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 2:26am On Jul 23, 2014
Graviton2:

Whether teddyrain has an issue with Idazbawz is noone's business on here — teddyrain should be mature enough to resolve this amicably instead of going through this bitter approach. Who does that?
we are all humans and he spoke from his heart. What is immature there? Its none of my business, concerning their issues but for christ sake, if it ws someone else that wrote this I would hve doubted it. This guy is someone who would make you laugh and smile. At least I experienced him myself. If idazbawz never contacted him or replied his messages, so why would he now quote him to correct him? Please he spoke his mind and that's the truth. Maturity is as well telling someone his fault at his face. Idaz really f*cked up.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 2:28am On Jul 23, 2014
Graviton2:

Whether teddyrain has an issue with Idazbawz is noone's business on here — teddyrain should be mature enough to resolve this amicably instead of going through this bitter approach. Who does that?
we are all humans and he spoke from his heart. What is immature there? Its none of my business concerning their issues, but for christ sake, if it was someone else that wrote this I would have doubted it. This guy is someone who would make you laugh and smile. At least I experienced him myself. If idazbawz never contacted him or replied his messages, so why would he now quote him to correct him? Please he spoke his mind and that's the truth. Maturity is as well telling someone his fault at his face. Idaz really f*cked up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by steve4ever: 2:37am On Jul 23, 2014
[quote author=MsNas]
I don't know the steps you have to take per se, but I know you can definetely transfer your SEVIS record. Send an email to Email to
Email to fmjfee.SEVIS@ice.DHS.gov
OR

thx so much @MS-nas
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:39am On Jul 23, 2014
Amerinancy: we are all humans and he spoke from his heart. What is immature there? Its none of my business concerning their issues, but for christ sake, if it was someone else that wrote this I would have doubted it. This guy is someone who would make you laugh and smile. At least I experienced him myself. If idazbawz never contacted him or replied his messages, so why would he now quote him to correct him? Please he spoke his mind and that's the truth. Maturity is as well telling someone his fault at his face. Idaz really f*cked up.

That is none of my business — I was not comfortable with that part of teddyrain's post, and I made it known.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bodmas3000(m): 2:59am On Jul 23, 2014
[quote author=steve4ever][/quote]Weldone guys @MsNas @Steve4ever keep doing d good work am still reading all through .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bodmas3000(m): 3:01am On Jul 23, 2014
Chars1289: greates ladokites..class 13 too..whc dept?
Greatest Gbogbo greatest Gbaagbaa I dey feel una....Class 08!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 3:11am On Jul 23, 2014
bodmas3000: Greatest Gbogbo greatest Gbaagbaa I dey feel una....Class 08!
Class '08? Which department?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 4:11am On Jul 23, 2014
Mjseun:

My dear coming out with a first class in your undergraduate is never a big deal. It's all about you being focused and determined.

Lots of first class guys and ladies are right here. Just that you don't use it to get money from the bank smiley smiley.

It's even likely you came out with a first class and just pretending grin grin grin
maybe in my next life. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by meskezzy(f): 4:11am On Jul 23, 2014
stevecrun: why not state your problems here and a few can help you.
And please,leave agents alone and do it yourself..

tanks for ur advice sir..
My problem here is that am a complete novice,i dnt know anytime when it comed to travelling. My dream is to live and work in american so as to make a good living for myself. So pls how can i make this possible without seeking the help of a seasoned agent? And pls sir can u tell me all d required documents needed and maybe how much it may cost?
Thanks sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 4:16am On Jul 23, 2014
RexNdubest:
I also need a companion oo, lol.
Anybody in the house heading to Philadelphia or commonwealth of Pennsylvania?
me my love. kiss

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 4:26am On Jul 23, 2014
zeezahbee: he mean say those rats for your house get mind. i kept all my document in a small cooler grin, no one ever knew i kept it there till the day i was travelling cheesy. i wan see how rat go take enter cooler
lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 4:48am On Jul 23, 2014
zeezahbee: so ashigolo, what if the vo wasnt convinced, you are lucky anyways. you guys should stop laminating any document, its too local and outdatedundecided, i wonder if you go to your enrollment centre or advisor in your school in usa and everyone is bringing out their document and you bring out laminated documents
you are right zee and seriously I was scared when the vo kept checking and even took it in, in my mind i was like 'i pray make this lamination no koba mi oo', I just dont know what me laminate it that day coz my other documents (even birth and primary school cert) are not laminated and are still very intact. Anyways, the deed has been done sha. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 4:58am On Jul 23, 2014
oya sleep
goldenchic: me my love. kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 5:21am On Jul 23, 2014
goldenchic: maybe in my next life. grin

Smiles*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by cashglue: 5:23am On Jul 23, 2014
Joenice: Yes but please keep to one and do study with her sometimes. You'll definitely enjoy relationship. Foreign female folks seem better because they believe in love. Which state are you heading to?

Advice taken bo$$.I don't intend to complicate my life and I really want to make the best out of my studies in the US so I am heeding ur advice. I am headed to Missouri. Where u at?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 5:37am On Jul 23, 2014
teddyrain: I said something here about my secret to success. Someone pm's me and he starts asking me "what's the name of your school?" "How old are you?" "What course?" Blah blah. I answer him the questions, then I ask him his date and he is like "forget my date, tell me your secret"

That's selfishness. You do not want to let out your date to the open, but you virtually want to know everything about me.
If he really wanted to keep it a secret, he would said it in a polite manner and we would even laugh over it and proceed. Let me stop here for now.

Now to those criticizing and judging me, please understand before judging. I have been a helper all my life in every little way I could. I feel peoples pain and rejoice with people who succeed. Ask Amerinancy how many text message I sent her to encourage her before her interview. She never told me her date, but she was appreciative. I would call her and ask her how good she was doing with her rehearsals and I was doing all these genuinely out of my natural love for people.
Now let's ask goldenchic who I have never met in my whole life, but just at the embassy. When she came out and announced to me she was approved, I ran to her and happily hugged her right in front of my dad. Yes my dad. If I start mentioning all I have been concerned about their welfare without knowing a dime about them, then this should be an e-book.

Wait a minute! Idazbawz who are you to judge me? You were the same person I left my house to come to your residence. We practiced together, I encouraged you and we prayed together at your bus stop concerning your interview before I left.
You were denied. I was the first to call you and ask how it went. I felt real bad when I heard the ill fated news about your denial. I encouraged you and told you it was not the end of the world. I went on the 14th of April and was denied too. I was heartbroken. God later did it for you. You went and conquered. I was so happy I even used it to compose a poem. Later I called you and inquired of Troy university,you told me I would need about 11k to send documents. I told you I didn't have such money. You said "well that's the way forward" later I did it myself and the only money I spent was for my WAEC scratch card. Later I was having some issues and would ping you on BBM to ask questions at times, you would answer or choose to answer after days. Like a candle stick you went off! You stopped replying me. I would send you multiple bulk messages yet you won't reply. You never called again up till today. You never asked of me even here on nairaland.
You felt you now had your visa so I was inferior to you. You thought America was only reserved for you. But you thought falsely, God has done it for me. I will keep being the loving, caring and comic teddy I used to be.

Oh! Salvino what a friend, what a brother he always stood by me up till now. We met at the embassy, he was approved and I was denied. He shared his testimony on this thread, and everyone congratulated him. He personally took my pin before traveling to oklahoma for his Msc. He never stopped messaging me, he never stopped spending his hard earned money to call me while in the states. His encouragement was awesome.
He never felt too big even though he was a masters student, and also in the US. He kept on being a brother, a friend from another mother, another tribe (yoruba). He motivated me to succeed. He told me it was not the end of the fight.
Today here am I with the crown.

Sweet man Walspring I really admire you with so much interest. You have been there for me. Walspring who I have never met in person would spend his air time up to 17mins speaking to me. Encouraging me and telling me the necessary things to do. He was there for me, even though most times he also laughed at me and criticized me, but he was a real friend. He is rare that's why he will never fail in life because, those good he has been doing he will always reap.
Here I am today with the crown. These men are included in my history, they have earned my trust and respect. May God bless them, amen.

No man is perfect. Yes I copied sulie breaks work. Its a crime in the states, and I want to use this opportunity to tender my apology to all those who lost faith in me, those who believed in me and got disappointed, I'm sorry.

I'm still a poet, a singer and a loyal lovable person and will always be. I love everyone here, I bear no grudges. If this would be my last day on Nairaland, I would gladly quit in happiness. I'm fulfilled. All you guys on these thread are awesome. Beautiful people.

But in chris brown's voice, please don't judge me.

What a piece! I love this. Bro never mind, life is always like that. Different characters in this world. Just keep on doing good regardless of what people say or do to you.

You are truly a champion! Congratulations once again on your approved visa.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 6:05am On Jul 23, 2014
slimmy05: I realy do not get the last two paragraphs. Are you saying its the fault of the applicant or the VO, are you saying I should wait for 5years to apply for masters? Are you saying I should go burn down my school cos of a rule that existed before I got into primary school? Or are you saying administrative processing can't be applied? Let's not get ourselves wrong here. Are you saying the VO's judgement is 100%? Sometimes its just mood and stretching the ineptitude of ones university to affect the student or applicant aint fair on their part. I feel such cases can be verified. I still have my nysc cert, transcript etc. You need an open mind to know one with a genuine case. Having the mind that all Nigerians are criminals aint fair.

Don't mind what people say Skimmy05, some talk without thinking about what to say and they end up talking rubbish. Bro please just have faith in God and press in, you will surely get it the next try.

All you need now is a strong believe that you are going to get it.
I will pm u now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 6:08am On Jul 23, 2014
RexNdubest: Here goes my transcript. I was for 6:30AM appointment
Me: Good morning sir
VO: Good morning, hw u doing?
Me: I'm fine sir
Vo: ok, a minute pls
Me: ok
VO: U 're RexNdubest
Me: Yes sir
VO: U going to Upenn for ur master's in Elect Engr?
Me: Yes sir
VO: can i see ur admission letter?
Me: ok (passes it)
VO: where did u do ur underG program
Me: Here in Naija, UNN to be precise
VO: ok, can I see ur certificate
Me: sure (passes it)
Vo: so, why Upenn?
Me: (I started by normal Nairaland style, though I wasn't reciting o). I researched extensively about universities that 're good in my field and decided to choose Upenn. Upenn is more research oriented than every other school I got offer(admission) from with cutting edge research facilities. Its 6:1 student -faculty ratio is one of the lowest in US... VO cut's in
VO: which other school did u apply to?
Me: I applied to UC Berkeley, Columbia Univ, Imperial College, Univ of Edinburgh and UNN. My app was rejected by UCB and Columbia univ but I got admitted by other schools
VO: Did u write Gre?
Me: yes ( while I was passing it, he saw my IELTS and requested for it too)
VO: Hw u gonna pay?
Me: I'm on a scholarship from the Federal Govt of Nig
VO: Scholarship from Federal Govt, never heard of that before. Any document for that?
Me: yes (pass my award letter & letter of sponsorship)
VO: Looks at the documents. Ur visa 's been approved, go to DHL V.I on Friday. Circle V.I ( but I chose Isolo). Remember the 30 days rule bla bla bla...
Me: Echoing, yes sir, thank sir, yes sir,... pack my document waka

Rexndubest.....congrats

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 6:52am On Jul 23, 2014
Slimmy, I would be lying if I said I was not taken aback by the outcome of your interview but please don't be despondent. We have been down this road before many times on this thread. You shall have a reason to celebrate in the end. I will be praying for you, and I mean that from the depth of my mind. Let me know when you leave the office today so we can probably see- I go dey Zanga (Mushin)
All day.

Fadex56, pls do the needful and I pray you get your visa too.

Teddyrain and Idazbawz, we sometimes disagree to agree in life; squash the beef like mature minds and let's keep the movement rolling. Generally, we all stand to gain considerably more from co-operation as against nursing animosity.

They are far from perfect, but we all can learn a thing or two from the exemplary dispositions of: Imperiouxx, Ojap and Walspring.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 6:58am On Jul 23, 2014
@RexNdubest, congratulations!, welcome on board
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 23, 2014
meskezzy:

tanks for ur advice sir..
My problem here is that am a complete novice,i dnt know anytime when it comed to travelling. My dream is to live and work in american so as to make a good living for myself. So pls how can i make this possible without seeking the help of a seasoned agent? And pls sir can u tell me all d required documents needed and maybe how much it may cost?
Thanks sir
I dont want you to sound so naive about all these sir!You sound so desperate to leave the shores of these country.

I don't know if you're an intended student hoping to study in America,if so that i can help you on where to start from.

But,if you're not an intended student but just an intending immigrant hoping to work and earn a living in America,then there's little i can do for you here..the days of American visa lottery are gone.

And please,don't let agents tell you all the sweet things you want to hear and take your hard earned money,br open to us here and i believe there are also matured minds who will be willing to help you too.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 23, 2014
OjaP:

I am hailing you from here too sir. Se k'o wa'le smiley

E ma je k'o pe l'oke oo! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 7:10am On Jul 23, 2014
teddyrain: I said something here about my secret to success. Someone pm's me and he starts asking me "what's the name of your school?" "How old are you?" "What course?" Blah blah. I answer him the questions, then I ask him his date and he is like "forget my date, tell me your secret"

That's selfishness. You do not want to let out your date to the open, but you virtually want to know everything about me.
If he really wanted to keep it a secret, he would said it in a polite manner and we would even laugh over it and proceed. Let me stop here for now.

Now to those criticizing and judging me, please understand before judging. I have been a helper all my life in every little way I could. I feel peoples pain and rejoice with people who succeed. Ask Amerinancy how many text message I sent her to encourage her before her interview. She never told me her date, but she was appreciative. I would call her and ask her how good she was doing with her rehearsals and I was doing all these genuinely out of my natural love for people.
Now let's ask goldenchic who I have never met in my whole life, but just at the embassy. When she came out and announced to me she was approved, I ran to her and happily hugged her right in front of my dad. Yes my dad. If I start mentioning all I have been concerned about their welfare without knowing a dime about them, then this should be an e-book.

Wait a minute! Idazbawz who are you to judge me? You were the same person I left my house to come to your residence. We practiced together, I encouraged you and we prayed together at your bus stop concerning your interview before I left.
You were denied. I was the first to call you and ask how it went. I felt real bad when I heard the ill fated news about your denial. I encouraged you and told you it was not the end of the world. I went on the 14th of April and was denied too. I was heartbroken. God later did it for you. You went and conquered. I was so happy I even used it to compose a poem. Later I called you and inquired of Troy university,you told me I would need about 11k to send documents. I told you I didn't have such money. You said "well that's the way forward" later I did it myself and the only money I spent was for my WAEC scratch card. Later I was having some issues and would ping you on BBM to ask questions at times, you would answer or choose to answer after days. Like a candle stick you went off! You stopped replying me. I would send you multiple bulk messages yet you won't reply. You never called again up till today. You never asked of me even here on nairaland.
You felt you now had your visa so I was inferior to you. You thought America was only reserved for you. But you thought falsely, God has done it for me. I will keep being the loving, caring and comic teddy I used to be.

Oh! Salvino what a friend, what a brother he always stood by me up till now. We met at the embassy, he was approved and I was denied. He shared his testimony on this thread, and everyone congratulated him. He personally took my pin before traveling to oklahoma for his Msc. He never stopped messaging me, he never stopped spending his hard earned money to call me while in the states. His encouragement was awesome.
He never felt too big even though he was a masters student, and also in the US. He kept on being a brother, a friend from another mother, another tribe (yoruba). He motivated me to succeed. He told me it was not the end of the fight.
Today here am I with the crown.

Sweet man Walspring I really admire you with so much interest. You have been there for me. Walspring who I have never met in person would spend his air time up to 17mins speaking to me. Encouraging me and telling me the necessary things to do. He was there for me, even though most times he also laughed at me and criticized me, but he was a real friend. He is rare that's why he will never fail in life because, those good he has been doing he will always reap.
Here I am today with the crown. These men are included in my history, they have earned my trust and respect. May God bless them, amen.

No man is perfect. Yes I copied sulie breaks work. Its a crime in the states, and I want to use this opportunity to tender my apology to all those who lost faith in me, those who believed in me and got disappointed, I'm sorry.

I'm still a poet, a singer and a loyal lovable person and will always be. I love everyone here, I bear no grudges. If this would be my last day on Nairaland, I would gladly quit in happiness. I'm fulfilled. All you guys on these thread are awesome. Beautiful people.

But in chris brown's voice, please don't judge me.

Wat a piece.....I haven't read this for a while. Teddyrain u touched me by this work. You just taught everybody here a lesson and I hope we learn from it.
I am short of words but can just say ur humility soothes. With the meekness in ur words, settle with ur friend so that it will come to fruition.
Guys........let us learn n learn that the sky is wide enough to accommodate all birds.
One love.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 23, 2014
zeezahbee: how you take know shes celestial. you setting P abi , lol cheesy. tell your cele sister to research herself and dont spoon feed her, sabi you will also go to the embassy on her behalf tongue

You never can tell --- he get connection pass. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 7:27am On Jul 23, 2014
@ michealkaz, congratulations bro, welcome on board !!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 7:41am On Jul 23, 2014
* Just Passing* More Visas today IJN. keep hiding ur dates. u myt go dere wit incomplete documents. Tell few people ur dates o...it challenges u.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iluvmybishop: 7:54am On Jul 23, 2014
Everybody having interview dis today it LL be sucess and dats what we LL hearooooo ijn

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iluvmybishop: 8:00am On Jul 23, 2014
Guys I guess it gud to Av DAT interview early morning becos d Vo mind still dey refreshed or what do u think guys?

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.