Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,676 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (453910 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 2:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
chatters
Wahaguan?? Congrats on your Canadian visa approval...
I can see you r observing.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 2:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
@Lovedecay,
Congrats and enjoy America..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kennyzita(f): 2:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
hi people,

Do I need a letter of consent from my spouse since I am married and he's my sponsor, and also affidavit of support for the interview?

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 3:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
By the way where is goldenchic abi na golden fish?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 3:07pm On Jul 24, 2014
kennyzita: hi people,

Do I need a letter of consent from my spouse since I am married and he's my sponsor, and also affidavit of support for the interview?

Thanks.

Affidavit of support will do. That is a consent as well. If he didn't give his consent, he wouldn't be supporting.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by anselmvictor(m): 3:08pm On Jul 24, 2014
Interview Transcript;

Me; Hi, Good morning
VO; What are you going to do in the US
Me; I’m going for a Health & Safety training
VO; What kind of training
Me; A newly appointed HSE Officer in my company’s US office needs me to put him through in HSE issues in the Hobark group
VO; Okay. What does your company do?
Me; We offer various services to the some Oil Companies
VO; Nodded and said okay with a smile. Have you travelled before (flips through my passport)
Me; No, I haven’t had any reason to
VO; But why does someone in Nigeria has to go train someone in the US (straight face*)
Me; Yes, because he is newly appointed and needs to understand the HSE system in the group however, he can always go for Basic HSE training in the US
VO; Nodded and smiles *** typing vigorously
Then Lastly,
VO; Are you married
Me; No

VO then handed over my passport and the denial letter saying
Sorry, it’s unfortunate I cannot approve your visa at this time.

Please can someone advise on what I CAN DO in my next application.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kennyzita(f): 3:08pm On Jul 24, 2014
juntod:

Affidavit of support will do. That is a consent as well. If he didn't give his consent, he wouldn't be supporting.

@juntod Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 3:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
kennyzita: hi people,

Thanks.
an introduction letter from him is okay... also you can go along with your marriage certificate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 3:12pm On Jul 24, 2014
anselmvictor: Interview Transcript;

Me; Hi, Good morning
Me; A newly appointed HSE Officer in my company’s US office needs me to put him through in HSE issues in the Hobark group
VO; Nodded and said okay with a smile. Have you travelled before (flips through my passport)
VO; But why does someone in Nigeria has to go train someone in the US (straight face*)
Me; Yes, because he is newly appointed and needs to understand the HSE system in the group however, he can always go for Basic HSE training in the US
Then Lastly,
VO; Are you married
Me; No

Thank you.
sorry about yur denial...
Honestly, I've never heard someone in your case(training) getting his/her visa approved..

Its difficult to get a visa with a training blah blah....

Why don't u go through school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 3:21pm On Jul 24, 2014

Me; Hi, Good morning
Then Lastly,
VO; Are you married
Me; No

Thank you.

So sorry bro. But everything about your transcript was wrong.
A newly appointed HSE officer wants you to go and train him abroad? No na
All hope is not lost. We can still work on this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 3:21pm On Jul 24, 2014
Amerinancy: hello rijo, I'm already done with that. To me it wsnt even quarrel. It was fun grin teddy has told me to stop all the insults. He has made his points and he's up with it.
The thread has to continue in peace. Oya as big aunty here, make una no vex @idazbawz @teddyrain @graviton @zeezahbee @everybody.
What has happened has happened. I'm done with this whole drama. Let's move on.
peleooo, old aunty. you kept saying you are aunty lol tongue, how old are you?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 3:23pm On Jul 24, 2014
goldenchic: Morning paddy mi. My agent said der is a text message dat we ll get frm embassy. Of which in my white form der I hv Vi and Isolo. Make we ask d house so we ll meet der.
agent shocked, so after coming to NL, you still used an agent?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 24, 2014

Me; Hi, Good morning
Then Lastly,
VO; Are you married
Me; No

Thank you.
the visa officer no just believe you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 24, 2014
zeezahbee: agent shocked, so after coming to NL, you still used an agent?
How was your night?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 3:25pm On Jul 24, 2014
Rijo02:

Graviton.....can you do me a favor? What exactly do you gain in saying "never quote or mention me ever again"? Does it make the whole issue any better? Come on menh!
it makes it berra because he wont get to reply again and the issue will slide
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 3:28pm On Jul 24, 2014
tommgirl: cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy This girl don wound me ooooooo...chai! Zee those igbo curse badt gann oooo,my friend no stop that bicyclce until i ask you to oo,Sogbo? grin
tommy how are you? i don miss you jawe moi friend. america never sweet finish witout u, so go get your visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 24, 2014
Callmebabe,how's the school search and application going?

Hope the ministry is moving?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 3:30pm On Jul 24, 2014
zeezahbee: agent shocked, so after coming to NL, you still used an agent?

I was also surprised to read that oh. You can't blame her. Some parents don't believe their children can get this done on their own.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babyoriss(f): 3:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
Interview Transcript:

Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning, how are you?
Me: Fine
VO: Why Faulkner University?
Me: Since I have intention of studying in United states of America, and would to choose a school that will suite my educational aspiration
VO: Cut, How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3, Faulkner University, Ohio State University and Oklahoma Central University
(He didn't even asked of how many admitted me)
VO: Who is sponsoring you?
Me: My dad
VO: What does he do?
Me: He is a business man, he is the CEO/MD ***** Global Service LTD, they are into importation of industrial machine such as industrial drilling machine, Industrial Weaving Machine
VO: Cut; Do you have his SOA?
Me: Yes
VO: Can I have it?
Me: I passed it over to him and he glance through it for some moment
VO: Did you write any standardize test?
Me: Yes, I wrote SAT
VO: Can I see the result?
Me: I passed it over to him (He went through the result)
VO Thanks for applying but I will have to deny your visa application for now but you can reapply and handed me blue paper.

My lecturers here on NL, please advise on where I will have to improve because I will be going back by September. Thank you all!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by coobboy(m): 3:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
Zeezahbee I'm still waiting for your message oh... Kindly check your mail smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 3:33pm On Jul 24, 2014
DanjaNinja:

Bro, Uniport wahala is tiring o. It takes forever to issue Certificates and WES does not even process Uniport Transcripts. Yeye school. angry angry angry angry angry
since wes dont accept uniport, so use ICE, ECE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 24, 2014
babyoriss: Interview Transcript:

Me: Since I have intention of studying in United states of America, and would to choose a school that will suite my educational aspiration
Me: 3, Faulkner University, Ohio State University and Oklahoma Central University
Me: He is a business man, he is the CEO/MD ***** Global Service LTD, they are into importation of industrial machine such as industrial drilling machine, Industrial Weaving Machine
VO Thanks for applying but I will have to deny your visa application for now but you can reapply and handed me blue paper.

My lecturers here on NL, please advise on where I will have to improve because I will be going back by September. Thank you all!
My baby God dey..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babyoriss(f): 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
stevecrun: My baby God dey..
Thank you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 3:37pm On Jul 24, 2014

sorry about your denial.. I think you didn't give him a substantial reason for why you chose your school.. are you going for undergraduate??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 3:41pm On Jul 24, 2014

So sorry dear. You have to work on the bolded above. You shouldn't have started with your intention to study in America. You made it sound like the country is your main interest rather than the school. Your response should have started with "I did intensive research on schools offering my course and discovered that Faulkner University is blah blah blah". Best of luck in your next interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 3:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
alingo4life:

Bro..Thanks for your input.I just mailed the school telling them i would prefer sending them a waec scratch card to verify the result,cos it would be expensive sending the result as you've said..A good member of this forum has oulined the process involved..and that would cost more..By the way,I need more Good schools that accept WAEC only,I dont want to waste money doing Foreign exams as long has the school accepts WAEC..Thanks bro...You've got a PM
troy.edu
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babyoriss(f): 3:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
unnamdi79: sorry about your denial.. I think you didn't give him a substantial reason for why you chose your school.. are you going for undergraduate??
Yes, Undergraduate (Business,Management and Resources Management.) But he cut me as M about to be stating the main points of the reason why i chose my school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babyoriss(f): 3:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
juntod:

So sorry dear. You have to work on the bolded above. You shouldn't have started with your intention to study in America. You made it sound like the country is your main interest rather than the school. Your response should have started with "I did intensive research on schools offering my course and discovered that Faulkner University is blah blah blah". Best of luck in your next interview.
Noted! Thank you Sir!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 3:45pm On Jul 24, 2014
stevecrun: How was your night?
wonderful, why you dey ask ? hope it wasnt you i saw in my dream tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 3:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
juntod:

I was also surprised to read that oh. You can't blame her. Some parents don't believe their children can get this done on their own.
na wa oo, so wetin the agent do for the matter, was it the agent that faced the VO. lol, well man must eat, someone will surely feed another, agent sit down jejely, you go give am money to help you when you already helped yourself
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
zeezahbee: wonderful, why you dey ask ? hope it wasnt you i saw in my dream tongue
lol...was i chasing you with a sharp cutlass and you were running away on a bicycle?

Babe,you're a handful..lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
@babyorisi, sorry about that. Why didn't go with Ohio State University? It's a very good school. VOs like it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.