Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454984 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 3:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
babyoriss: Noted! Thank you Sir!

You should have started with the below which I copied from your pre interview transcript.

Faulkner university is rated among the best university in Alabama and also it is rated among the best south eastern region by Princeton review 2010. And one unique advantage about Faulkner is that you are allowed to double major as it's in my case Business,Marketing,Management and Resources Management (These courses are being offer compound as Business Administration)

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 4:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
Domex007 & Aekmanweb, you shall get your visas insha Allah... God shall do it and make you guys happy.

Slimmy, I pinged you and it did not deliver. I am praying for you man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 24, 2014
bartino: please I am new here,please which of the practice test will you advise me to use? thanks alot.

Go back a few pages. Probably 20pages back and read my review of quantitative and verbal.

Alternatively check my previous posts and search for it there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babyoriss(f): 4:05pm On Jul 24, 2014
juntod:

You should have started with the below which I copied from your pre interview transcript.

Faulkner university is rated among the best university in Alabama and also it is rated among the best south eastern region by Princeton review 2010. And one unique advantage about Faulkner is that you are allowed to double major as it's in my case Business,Marketing,Management and Resources Management (These courses are being offer compound as Business Administration)

This is how I'm going to give it to the VO on my next appointment;

I did intensive research on schools offering my course and discovered that Faulkner university is rated among the best university in Alabama and also it is rated among the best south eastern region by Princeton review 2010. And one unique advantage about Faulkner is that you are allowed to double major as it's in my case Business,Marketing,Management and Resources Management (These courses are being offer compound as Business Administration)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babyoriss(f): 4:08pm On Jul 24, 2014
Joenice: @babyorisi, sorry about that. Why didn't go with Ohio State University? It's a very good school. VOs like it.
Well Noted, thank you very much sir!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 4:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
Feexo: Domex007 & Aekmanweb, you shall get your visas insha Allah... God shall do it and make you guys happy.

Slimmy, I pinged you and it did not deliver. I am praying for you man.

Amen bro.. Amin.. God has taken control bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 4:12pm On Jul 24, 2014
babyoriss:

I did intensive research on schools offering my course and discovered that Faulkner university is rated among the best university in Alabama and also it is rated among the best south eastern region by Princeton review 2010. And one unique advantage about Faulkner is that you are allowed to double major as it's in my case Business,Marketing,Management and Resources Management (These courses are being offer compound as Business Administration)

Good one. Do not complicate issues by changing schools. Go again with the same University. Its not a red flag.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 4:13pm On Jul 24, 2014
babyoriss: Interview Transcript:

Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning, how are you?
Me: Fine
VO: Why Faulkner University?
Me: Since I have intention of studying in United states of America, and would to choose a school that will suite my educational aspiration
VO: Cut, How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3, Faulkner University, Ohio State University and Oklahoma Central University
(He didn't even asked of how many admitted me)
VO: Who is sponsoring you?
Me: My dad
VO: What does he do?
Me: He is a business man, he is the CEO/MD ***** Global Service LTD, they are into importation of industrial machine such as industrial drilling machine, Industrial Weaving Machine
VO: Cut; Do you have his SOA?
Me: Yes
VO: Can I have it?
Me: I passed it over to him and he glance through it for some moment
VO: Did you write any standardize test?
Me: Yes, I wrote SAT
VO: Can I see the result?
Me: I passed it over to him (He went through the result)
VO Thanks for applying but I will have to deny your visa application for now but you can reapply and handed me blue paper.

My lecturers here on NL, please advise on where I will have to improve because I will be going back by September. Thank you all!

First, I think you didn't give enough reason why you chose the school,
2. What did you score in SAT and hope you dad's statement of account is okay.?? I mean perfect transaction and hope its enough to fund you studies..??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
babyoriss:

This is what you should have started with; not "since I have the intention of studying in America blah blah blah..
I thought you posted your sample transcript here before going to face the VO??
Try to fix your errors and go get your visa..
Goodluck..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babyoriss(f): 4:18pm On Jul 24, 2014
domex007:

This is what you should have started with; not "since I have the intention of studying in America blah blah blah..
I thought you posted your sample transcript here before going to face the VO??
Try to fix your errors and go get your visa..
Goodluck..

Thank you very much!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Kassidy4luv(m): 4:19pm On Jul 24, 2014
Graviton2:

You need to get that certificate, it is really important.

Uniport issues certificate after 5years of graduation?

Am just dumbfolded, Wic kind tin be dis.
What I have is my success letter.
I pray the VO dosent ask for it wen am due for VISA interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babyoriss(f): 4:19pm On Jul 24, 2014
juntod:

Good one. Do not complicate issues by changing schools. Go again with the same University. Its not a red flag.

Sir, how could changing school make the issues complicating? What if I found a better school and change it but with the same course. More info please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Chatters(f): 4:25pm On Jul 24, 2014
Idazbawz: chatters
Wahaguan?? Congrats on your Canadian visa approval...
I can see you r observing.....

cool smiley smiley Thanks brotherly. I dey observe things for USA thread. Quite interesting grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 4:29pm On Jul 24, 2014
babyoriss:

Sir, how could changing school make the issues complicating? What if I found a better school and change it but with the same course. More info please.

Its not a bad idea but I just want you to be on the safer side. Changing school within the space of one month shows that you are indecisive.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kennyzita(f): 4:31pm On Jul 24, 2014
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babyoriss(f): 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2014
juntod:

Its not a bad idea but I just want you to be on the safer side. Changing school within the space of one month shows that you are indecisive.

You have a point, but in the case that I found a better school with lower tuition within that short period of time, I don't think taking that opportunity should be a problem. Or what do you think sir?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
Chatters:

cool smiley smiley Thanks brotherly. I dey observe things for USA thread. Quite interesting grin

cheesy keep observing ma'am...
We are great Obamites tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
babyoriss:

You have a point, but in the case that I found a better school with lower tuition within that short period of time, I don't think taking that opportunity should be a problem. Or what do you think sir?

Are you changing school for the purpose of the interview or you actually want to change from Faulkner?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
kennyzita: Just got this. . .

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/07/24/lagos-state-confirms-possible-case-ebola-virus/

Please be careful. . .
wow... Ebola virus?? Tofiakpa!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babyoriss(f): 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
juntod:

Are you changing school for the purpose of the interview or you actually want to change from Faulkner?

I want to change from Faulkner, the admission officer are not that very supportive, they don't reply to message on time and they don't use to answer phone calls as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2014

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/07/24/lagos-state-confirms-possible-case-ebola-virus/

Please be careful. . .

Ebola in lagos? Booking the next available flight oh.. Oya Graviton lets be going ohhhhh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
babyoriss:

I want to change from Faulkner, the admission officer are not that very supportive, they don't reply to message on time and they don't use to answer phone calls as well.

If you have I-20 from another school, keep it. Use Faulkner to get your visa first. Immediately you get there, tell Faulkner to transfer your sevis information to the other school. Its legal. They will do it for you immediately.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2014

Please be careful. . .

OMG! This is damn serious!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
juntod:

Ebola in lagos? Booking the next available flight oh.. Oya Graviton lets be going ohhhhh

Lol. It is well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 24, 2014
Will wait til my certificate is ready. Differing till next year fall smiley. Thanks all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 5:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
slimmy05: Will wait til my certificate is ready. Differing till next year fall smiley. Thanks all

Tough decision to make. To be on the safer side, its the best. Pls endeavour to fill the one year gap with something tangible. All the best bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tommgirl(f): 5:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
zee grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tommgirl(f): 5:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
zeezahbee: tommy how are you? i don miss you jawe moi friend. america never sweet finish witout u, so go get your visa
I miss you too my dear,i just dey observe here nin,will soon go get my visa in JN,ur prayer will work 4me dis time grin Hw Amelika,no cheat on ur hubby o(Idabwaz) or else i go disown u as my paddy nin o,i hope u neva stop dat bicycle,i never ask u to ooo grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bartino: 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
ebdib:

Go back a few pages. Probably 20pages back and read my review of quantitative and verbal.

Alternatively check my previous posts and search for it there.
thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 5:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
babyoriss: Interview Transcript:

Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning, how are you?
Me: Fine
VO: Why Faulkner University?
Me: Since I have intention of studying in United states of America, and would to choose a school that will suite my educational aspiration
VO: Cut, How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3, Faulkner University, Ohio State University and Oklahoma Central University
(He didn't even asked of how many admitted me)
VO: Who is sponsoring you?
Me: My dad
VO: What does he do?
Me: He is a business man, he is the CEO/MD ***** Global Service LTD, they are into importation of industrial machine such as industrial drilling machine, Industrial Weaving Machine
VO: Cut; Do you have his SOA?
Me: Yes
VO: Can I have it?
Me: I passed it over to him and he glance through it for some moment
VO: Did you write any standardize test?
Me: Yes, I wrote SAT
VO: Can I see the result?
Me: I passed it over to him (He went through the result)
VO Thanks for applying but I will have to deny your visa application for now but you can reapply and handed me blue paper.

My lecturers here on NL, please advise on where I will have to improve because I will be going back by September. Thank you all!

y d Skool? begin wit ur skool's prestige n rating. DAT question means among all d skols u applied to y did u settle 4 dis 1 also wah did u score in sat? reapply dear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ferguson1: 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2014
stevecrun you have a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 5:34pm On Jul 24, 2014
francisabuah: my visa card is giving serious isues paying for me gre and toefl and i am running out of dates oooo,plz help a broda out.

I sent you a mail regards to this last three weeks..But you didnt subscribe to it...

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.