Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,054 members, 7,956,936 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:05 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (461261 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 10:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
Idazbawz: wow... I guess I will do dat first bank own 2mao morning.... wat do I need to take along?

ur booking reference n int'l passport
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by davidgunther: 11:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2: Guys,

If a student who has acquired an F1 visa isn't able to meet up with paying a remainder of her college costs and her school threatens to cancel her i-20 and report her to immigration.

- Will these bear a negative mark on her record?

- Also will this in any way hinder her plans of getting another admission and most probably a full scholarship from another university?

- Will she face a problem at the point of entry with her other admission?

I have tried to answer her question as well as I possibly can, but I need more inputs on these.

Hey, I know we don't know each other but was torn when I read your post. I come on here as guest but had to create an account just to get through to you. I see how you help people on here with advise so why not render advise to someone too. However if you've sort yourself out already then that's good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
davidgunther:

Hey, I know we don't know each other but was torn when I read your post. I come on here as guest but had to create an account just to get through to you. I see how you help people on here with advise so why not render advise to someone too. However if you've sort yourself out already then that's good.

Wow! I was having a similar problem so it probably wasn't best served for me to give advice on the issue, that's why I decided to bring it on here — thank God, the issue has since been resolved and the advice given on the matter has been duly taken.

Thank you so much. God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 11:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
Idazbawz: nearer dates will only appear after she cancel her previous appointment....
She needs to cancel it

Nearer dates don't appear WHEN YOU CANCEL,
Next available dates APPEAR only when you click CANCEL and the first CANCEL you click doesn't cancel your appointment automatically, You still need to CONFIRM the CANCELLATION... BUT on the page where you CONFIRM the CANCELLATION is the same page where you see the next available date.. and if you're not OK with the next available date.. You could return without cancelling.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by davidgunther: 11:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2:

Wow! I was having a similar problem so it probably wasn't best served for me to give advice on the issue, that's why I decided to bring it on here — thank God, the issue has since been resolved and the advice given on the matter has been duly taken.

Thank you so much. God bless you.

You're welcome. And don't beat yourself down. Things happen for some reasons.

And try to get reviews from international student in your prospective school. Ask the admissions office all the time when you're not clear.

P.S: Everyone interested in coming to the states, take a look at Kutztown University in Pennsylvania. I believe they are quite generous to international student. I don't even go there but I just want to give back info. I remember someone random referring me to this forum when I got disappointed at Abuja Embassy some year ago. God bless that guy forever, too bad I never thanked him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 11:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
domex007: Did the machine for printing visa spoil?
If I may ask self, where do they print this visa, is it in the embassy or where?
They are supposed to have like two or three machines for printing visa, just incase one get damaged..

Read the mail very well bro.. It's a problem affection all U.S Embassy Worldwide.. Not only Nigeria.. Machines worldwide can't spoil at thesame time..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by theunusualmoon(m): 11:31pm On Jul 29, 2014
davidgunther:

And try to get reviews from international student in your prospective school. Ask the admissions office all the time when you're not clear.

P.S: Everyone interested in coming to the states, take a look at Kutztown University in Pennsylvania. I believe they are quite generous to international student. I don't even go there but I just want to give back info. I remember someone random referring me to this forum when I got disappointed at Abuja Embassy some year ago. God bless that guy forever, too bad I never thanked him.

Thanks for the heads up but if I may ask what extra does Kutztown University bring to the table?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:32pm On Jul 29, 2014
davidgunther:

Thanks a lot. I'm currently researching schools, I'll check out the school you mentioned.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by davidgunther: 11:37pm On Jul 29, 2014
theunusualmoon:

Thanks for the heads up but if I may ask what extra does Kutztown University bring to the table?

You're welcome. I think visiting www.kutztown.edu and go on the financial aid section will help. And they do not just provide aid unless you have a very good outstanding academic profile like GPA, results, and the likes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 29, 2014
davidgunther:

You're welcome. I think visiting www.kutztown.edu and go on the financial aid section will help. And they do not just provide aid unless you have a very good outstanding academic profile like GPA, results, and the likes.
The school is okay..but they do not offer financial aid to non-usa citizens
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by davidgunther: 11:45pm On Jul 29, 2014
stevecrun: The school is okay..but they do not offer financial aid to non-usa citizens

http://www2.kutztown.edu/costs-and-financial-aid/guide-to-financial-aid/international-student-scholarships.htm

Check that website. I guess I am feeling very generous and good today. smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:45pm On Jul 29, 2014
davidgunther:

Wait a minute! The total first year cost is $14,227.50?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 11:46pm On Jul 29, 2014
McKinzie:

Nearer dates don't appear WHEN YOU CANCEL,
Next available dates APPEAR only when you click CANCEL and the first CANCEL you click doesn't cancel your appointment automatically, You still need to CONFIRM the CANCELLATION... BUT on the page where you CONFIRM the CANCELLATION is the same page where you see the next available date.. and if you're not OK with the next available date.. You could return without cancelling.

I doubt u understand what we r discussing...
D lady in question just got her emergency request approved. she must cancel her previous appointment b4 she could see d dates embassy opened specifically for her
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 11:47pm On Jul 29, 2014
streetMic:

ur booking reference n int'l passport
which one be booking reference?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
davidgunther:

http://www2.kutztown.edu/costs-and-financial-aid/guide-to-financial-aid/international-student-scholarships.htm

Check that website. I guess I am feeling very generous and good today. smiley
sorry i checked the old site..they offer financial aid for fall session..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by davidgunther: 12:07am On Jul 30, 2014
Graviton2:

Wait a minute! The total first year cost is $14,227.50?

I doubt that. $14,227.50 should be the tuition for a semester and not the total first year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 12:13am On Jul 30, 2014
Idazbawz: which one be booking reference?

When you book online you will be given the booking ref. Just pay with your GTB card if you have your securecode. Its very easy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by davidgunther: 12:17am On Jul 30, 2014
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by davidgunther: 12:20am On Jul 30, 2014
pixietop: Good day, I am planning on attending Northwestern University this fall. I have a very rich immigration history and so also does my wife. We both currently have the B1/B2 visa. Our Visa interview(mine F1, hers F2) is for the 7th of August. My company intends on sponsoring me for the trip, I have a board resolution that says that and another covering letter that explains why. I have their six months bank statement, incorporation documents and a cheque for my complete tuition.
We have our I-20s(the two of us), Sevis proof of payment, accommodation deposit, admission letter and my statements that more than covers my wife's expense.

Please have I left anything out.

You're good to go BUT prayers, prayers, and prayers. Put it in his hands.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 12:33am On Jul 30, 2014
print ur itinerary. you will see it. y not pay wit ur card?
Idazbawz: which one be booking reference?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:34am On Jul 30, 2014
davidgunther:

I doubt that. $14,227.50 should be the tuition for a semester and not the total first year.

Oh! I see. Sorry, it said "total nonresident first time student cost" so I assumed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 12:44am On Jul 30, 2014
pixietop: Good day, I am planning on attending Northwestern University this fall. I have a very rich immigration history and so also does my wife. We both currently have the B1/B2 visa. Our Visa interview(mine F1, hers F2) is for the 7th of August. My company intends on sponsoring me for the trip, I have a board resolution that says that and another covering letter that explains why. I have their six months bank statement, incorporation documents and a cheque for my complete tuition.
We have our I-20s(the two of us), Sevis proof of payment, accommodation deposit, admission letter and my statements that more than covers my wife's expense.

Please have I left anything out.

I think you are good to go sir,
Hope your wife isn't pregnant?
Which embassy? Lag or abuja?
Good luck..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 12:52am On Jul 30, 2014
Stewee:

Bros calm down... it's not about printing the visas... Your info has to be uploaded on a database so it can be verified from anywhere in the world. Systems have to be up and running to be able to complete the process.

Exercise some patience!

Was just considering those that are still waiting for their visas..
Some already booked their tickets.. I just hope and pray the issue is resolved soon..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 12:52am On Jul 30, 2014
Stewee:

Somebody should bring this guy up to speed.
You think it's the locomotiv printing machine they use in ibadan they use in printing visas?

Plz don't kill me with laugh.

There is really no need for this post,
I only asked a question, it may sound funny and stupid to you but I ask question when I don't understand something.
"Those who ask questions never miss their way"

2 Likes

Stewee:

Bros calm down... it's not about printing the visas... Your info has to be uploaded on a database so it can be verified from anywhere in the world. Systems have to be up and running to be able to complete the process.

Exercise some patience!

Was just considering those that are still waiting for their visas..
Some already booked their tickets.. I just hope and pray the issue is resolved soon..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 12:54am On Jul 30, 2014
Graviton2: Guys,

If a student who has acquired an F1 visa isn't able to meet up with paying a remainder of her college costs and her school threatens to cancel her i-20 and report her to immigration.

- Will these bear a negative mark on her record?

- Also will this in any way hinder her plans of getting another admission and most probably a full scholarship from another university?

- Will she face a problem at the point of entry with her other admission?

I have tried to answer her question as well as I possibly can, but I need more inputs on these.
you said shes still in Nigeria, how on earth does the school knows she cant foot the bills, did they ask her to pay before landing
- they cant report her to immigration, lailai, they just dey bobo the girl, well from the look of things it seems the emailed or told the school she cant get the whole tuition once she arrive

-it will bear a negative record if they report her because she cant even enter poe

- if the school report her and she didn't come for this semester then shes free but if shes sent back at the poe, then I doubt if she will get through again.

all in all, she has created a bad impression to the school and from your question, the school is not ready to take her and am sure they wont even transfer her sevis record to any other school. so shes left with the choice of looking for the complete tuiton, enroll at the school for this semester and maybe transfer in spring.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 12:55am On Jul 30, 2014
Rijo02: Pls where exactly in Lagos can I get the transparent zip lock bag?
Zee n others pls assist..........am traveling tomorrow.
someone dash me, so I don't know ooo. you should get at lagos island
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 12:59am On Jul 30, 2014
Stewee:

This is crazy.
Why would they decline?
because the school noticed she has another plan, that's why I keep telling people here that if they wanna transfer,they should inform both schools yet. land first and they wont have choice than to transfer you. she prolly told them her tuition aint complete and they felt shes bad market. anything you wanna tell your school, land first, even if you don't have all the money, they will give you a payment plan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:07am On Jul 30, 2014
zeezahbee: because the school noticed she has another plan, that's why I keep telling people here that if they wanna transfer,they should inform both schools yet. land first and they wont have choice than to transfer you. she prolly told them her tuition aint complete and they felt shes bad market. anything you wanna tell your school, land first, even if you don't have all the money, they will give you a payment plan

She was not thinking of transferring, none of us did — The payment deadline couldn't be met and the school refused to defer our admission for no reason.

Anyway, a solution to the issue has been proffered, so it's all good now. Thank you so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 1:08am On Jul 30, 2014
Tonyjatt: .

Justwise plz come and check this guy.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:23am On Jul 30, 2014
juntod:

Justwise plz come and check this guy.

He was also at the Canada Student Visa thread. These people eh!

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.