Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,402 members, 7,954,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:08 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (461126 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 3:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
domex007:

Am sorry bro, I was in a hurry when I was typing... IDAZBAWZ..
Thanks.
grin oya chop knuckle grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 29, 2014
juntod:

Calmdown bro. Reporting your concerns to the consulate in no way affects every other applicant. Its not the first of such cases they have handled and won't be the last. Thousands have crossed the P.O.E without even reporting at any school at all (If they operate the way you presume, the F1 visa would have been abolished before now). Graviton, feel free to contact the consulate as they are in the best position to let you know the consequences should your school reject your deferment proposal and further terminate your SEVIS.

DO NOT TELL THEM YOU CAN NO LONGER AFFORD THE FEES AT THE MOMENT. IF YOU LIKE DON'T HEED TO MY ADVICE OH.
And you think the consulate will hear from only Graviton's side..They contact school..and if the truth is known to them..his visa maybe revoked.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 4:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
stevecrun: And you think the consulate will hear from only Graviton's side..They contact school..and if the truth is known to them..his visa maybe revoked.

You are very correct. He should have started the Lamba with the school. Anyway, we can only wish him best of luck as he tells the sad truth to the consulate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
stevecrun: And you think the consulate will hear from only Graviton's side..They contact school..and if the truth is known to them..his visa maybe revoked.
Don't mind them. Let him go ahead. Gotto leave now. Bye everyone!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
juntod:

Calmdown bro. Reporting your concerns to the consulate in no way affects every other applicant. Its not the first of such cases they have handled and won't be the last. Thousands have crossed the P.O.E without even reporting at any school at all (If they operate the way you presume, the F1 visa would have been abolished before now). Graviton, feel free to contact the consulate as they are in the best position to let you know the consequences should your school reject your deferment proposal and further terminate your SEVIS.

DO NOT TELL THEM YOU CAN NO LONGER AFFORD THE FEES AT THE MOMENT. IF YOU LIKE DON'T HEED TO MY ADVICE OH.

I'm aware that there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with contacting the consulate — I'm however surprised that some people here are saying I will "make things difficult for other people".

Thanks for your time. Your opinion has been duly noted. God bless.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 4:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
Amefrica:

It's not spoilt, they're just servicing it grin grin

Where they print VISA? Embassy? Noo, my room.. grin grin

#TeamSarcasmtongue

Lool..
Just wondering nii oo..
But they are suppose to have like 2machines or 3
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 4:04pm On Jul 29, 2014
Idazbawz: grin oya chop knuckle grin

Confirm..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:05pm On Jul 29, 2014

Who even said the school's name will be dilvuged? I'm not the person in question, I'm only facing a similar predicament.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
juntod:

You are very correct. He should have started the Lamba with the school. Anyway, we can only wish him best of luck as he tells the sad truth to the consulate.
I'd really not wanted to comment on these issue coz he was not open from the beginning,he started with a girl making it look like some story from a book when its clearly known its a serious problem that needs a cautious measure.

The only solution is to pay in installment,schools allow their students pay 50percent of their tuition in a semester.

Not a very good option contacting any visa officer here..its your school,you signed their terms and conditions after filling and submitting their application..
They would allow you spend a session with them,and transfer to any school stating reasons which are many..

Please,anything that concerns anybody here concerns us all..we should always endeavour to open up here..this is another family...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
domex007:

Lool..
Just wondering nii oo..
But they are suppose to have like 2machines or 3

Me nor know oo. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:17pm On Jul 29, 2014
stevecrun: I'd really not wanted to comment on these issue coz he was not open from the beginning,he started with a girl making it look like some story from a book when its clearly known its a serious problem that needs a cautious measure.

The only solution is to pay in installment,schools allow their students pay 50percent of their tuition in a semester.

Not a very good option contacting any visa officer here..its your school,you signed their terms and conditions after filling and submitting their application..
They would allow you spend a session with them,and transfer to any school stating reasons which are many..

Please,anything that concerns anybody here concerns us all..we should always endeavour to open up here..this is another family...

1. The school refused instamental payments.
2. The school refused to defer the admission
3. They are insisting on the student arriving this fall or they will cancel the i-20 and not issue another.

There are three people facing this problem and I know them personally — they read this thread as guests, I'm also facing a similar dilemma so I took on myself to inquire. I've being open enough.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 4:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2:

3. They are insisting on the student arriving this fall or they will cancel the i-20 and not issue another.

This your school harsh oh.. I don't really know the policy for undergrad tuition. But for graduate, tuition is per credit and you pay for only the courses you are enrolling at a particular semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by genxris: 4:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
Mjseun: Dear Applicant,

The U.S. Department of State is currently experiencing technical problems with its visa system which are affecting operations globally. This issue is worldwide and is not specific to any particular country or visa category. We recognize and deeply regret the inconvenience to travelers. We will return your passport with visa as soon as we are able to complete processing, but are currently unable to predict how long the delay will be.

If you would like your passport returned to you without the U.S. visa, please contact the call center at 014406295 or by email at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com with your name and passport number, and we will return it to you. You can later contact 01-4406295 for information on how to return your passport to the Embassy/Consulate for the visa.

If you have an urgent need to travel to the United States, please contact LagosNIV@state.gov with your name, passport number, and nature of your emergency. Please understand that only true emergencies of an extraordinary humanitarian nature can be considered for exceptional handling.

We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this matter and apologize for any inconvenience...

This is sad
I also got same message this afternoon, does it mean we shouldn't bother checking on d dhl office we are meant pick up d visa until we hear again from them?
I ask because last week Thursday in Abuja embassy many of us were asked to come on Friday this week for d visa and a few were asked to come get there's on Wednesday.
I traveled down to d east with hope of returning on Thursday and pick d visa on Friday. What do u think guys?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2:

seriously the ball ends in this school's court...even the embassy no get say(its a bitter truth
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
juntod:

This your school harsh oh.. I don't really know the policy for undergrad tuition. But for graduate, tuition is per credit and you pay for only the courses you are enrolling at a particular semester.

My school isn't the only one — there are actually three people facing this wahala.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
stevecrun: seriously the ball ends in this school's court...even the embassy no get say(its a bitter truth

That notwithstanding, I will have to inquire and hear what they have to say.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2:

That notwithstanding, I will have to inquire and hear what they have to say.
very good broda..that would be good too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 4:40pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2:

She doesn't want to attend a CC, she just wants a deferment.

She is a friend and I'm facing the same predicament.
now u ar talking, thought u said u trusted urself on ready-made answers to every questions. God is omni-science, He knws ystday b4 ystday, today b4 today n 2mao b4 2mao. If u ar actually d person, come out to peepz here n u'd surely get solution to d predicament.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by femoric9: 4:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
streetMic:

beef up? e nor easy like dat o. Ur bro and ur pop can be name sake bra...more ova wu say make u put him real age? (just saying) beef up d age on ur ds160 dem no go ask 4 deir birth certs.
That was wat I have in mind, because I fear d VO may raise eyebrow why my elder bro will wanna spend all his savings on my graduate education. And d fact dat he hasd his own child, though he has a good work (works with Glo) and his annual salry is like 3.5m.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2014
aekmanweb: now u ar talking, thought u said u trusted urself on ready-made answers to every questions. God is omni-science, He knws ystday b4 ystday, today b4 today n 2mao b4 2mao. If u ar actually d person, come out to peepz here n u'd surely get solution to d predicament.

I don't understand you. Please be clearer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:46pm On Jul 29, 2014
I just contacted OjaP on this issue and he had this to say on the matter. Well articulated as always — One of the reasons why I respect and aim to emulate this great man.

Hi Gravy,

I've not been able to catch up with NL lately. I'm on a week long training in Colorado.  Thanks for the pm.

The school must be crazy not to be able to defer your admission. If they threaten to cancel your sevis, let them go ahead. You can apply to another school and use the I-20 to enter into the US. People do that always. You just need to explain at the POE that your financial status has changed hence your reason for going for a cheaper school. 

That a school canceled your sevis doesn't affect your application to other schools. If your school won't accept deferment, can't you reapply? That's another option if you really want to attend the school. 

If your school carry out their threat about canceling the I-20 or SEVIS. Please do not travel with their I-20. You may be turned back at the POE.

I would appreciate it if you can post this reply of mine on NL so others can learn from it too. Let me know if I can be of any help. Have a terrific day.

My guys Gr8ever and Walspring had the same things to say too. Thank you all and God bless.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
stevecrun: very good broda..that would be good too

Alright, bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2: I just contacted OjaP on this issue and he had this to say

My guys Gr8ever and Walspring had the same things to say too. Thank you all and God bless.
cheesy

Now this is impeccable! cheesy

You know what to do now, paddy..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
Amefrica:

Now this is impeccable! cheesy

You know what to do now, paddy..

I was really delighted to hear his input. You know what it is! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 5:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
all the embassy might say "sebi u show us SOA and oda documents say u go fit pay? oys bring ur passport asap..infact make we check systm see numba wey u use call us" bro, if d person get TP, make she sharply move enta yanky tell d skool say abeg make dem no vex say she been d joke...den pay and start den brk her tuition into payment plans. my 2kobo
Graviton2:

I'll contact the embassy and hear what they have to say — I'll also check out the VO's thread and seek advice. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2:

I was really delighted to hear his input. You know what it is! cheesy

Cheers! smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2,please post the name of that school here so that they will lose future international students here from applying esp.those from Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 5:30pm On Jul 29, 2014
domex007: Did the machine for printing visa spoil?
If I may ask self, where do they print this visa, is it in the embassy or where?
They are supposed to have like two or three machines for printing visa, just incase one get damaged..
See opinion o grin
No worry my guy,God is at work
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 29, 2014
Hope these back drop from the usa embassies,won't affect the interviews commencing tomorrow?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:39pm On Jul 29, 2014
stevecrun: Hope these back drop from the usa embassies,won't affect the interviews commencing tomorrow?

I doubt it would. The interviews will probably go on as planned, it's the approved applicants that might face a little delay with the issuance of the visa. The problems faced at the embassy with the visas will not exceed this week's duration — if it is one thing very constant about the US, it is that they are very prompt and they take time rather too seriously. The issue will be seen to immediately.

There are bound to be more good news on here tomorrow. Good luck to those heading to the embassy — positive news awaits you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2014
streetMic: all the embassy might say "sebi u show us SOA and oda documents say u go fit pay? oys bring ur passport asap..infact make we check systm see numba wey u use call us" bro, if d person get TP, make she sharply move enta yanky tell d skool say abeg make dem no vex say she been d joke...den pay and start den brk her tuition into payment plans. my 2kobo

Lol. You're a funny guy — the matter don settle, dem go turn up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:47pm On Jul 29, 2014
Amefrica:

Cheers! smiley

Mehn! I'm not the only facing this issue. Knowledge is power, you know.

You still dey practice acclimation inside fridge? grin Cold go wash you for Canny. Them go use you dey chill drinks this winter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.