Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:55 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (461035 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by pixietop(m): 5:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
Good day, I am planning on attending Northwestern University this fall. I have a very rich immigration history and so also does my wife. We both currently have the B1/B2 visa. Our Visa interview(mine F1, hers F2) is for the 7th of August. My company intends on sponsoring me for the trip, I have a board resolution that says that and another covering letter that explains why. I have their six months bank statement, incorporation documents and a cheque for my complete tuition.
We have our I-20s(the two of us), Sevis proof of payment, accommodation deposit, admission letter and my statements that more than covers my wife's expense.

Please have I left anything out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2:

I doubt it would. The interviews will probably go on as planned, it's the approved applicants that might face a little delay with the issuance of the visa. The problems faced at the embassy with the visas will not exceed this week's duration — if it is one thing very constant about the US, it is that they are very prompt and they take time rather too seriously. The issue will be seen to immediately.

There are bound to be more good news on here tomorrow. Good luck to those heading to the embassy — positive news awaits you all.
very well broda..Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2:

I'll contact the embassy and hear what they have to say — I'll also check out the VO's thread and seek advice. Thanks.

Guess you have the right opinion now.. Best of luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 6:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
honeyad:

Guess you have the right opinion now.. Best of luck

Thanks. Best of luck to you too, bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 6:47pm On Jul 29, 2014
pixietop: Good day, I am planning on attending Northwestern University this fall. I have a very rich immigration history and so also does my wife. We both currently have the B1/B2 visa. Our Visa interview(mine F1, hers F2) is for the 7th of August. My company intends on sponsoring me for the trip, I have a board resolution that says that and another covering letter that explains why. I have their six months bank statement, incorporation documents and a cheque for my complete tuition.
We have our I-20s(the two of us), Sevis proof of payment, accommodation deposit, admission letter and my statements that more than covers my wife's expense.

Please have I left anything out.

You have left nothing out. But your profile is incomplete. You didn't indicate if you have kid(s) yet, the degree you wish to pursue, your wife's employment status, etc. With these, you can be guided properly since your wife's intention to return with you after your studies will also be questioned.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 6:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2:

1. The school refused instamental payments.
2. The school refused to defer the admission
3. They are insisting on the student arriving this fall or they will cancel the i-20 and not issue another.

There are three people facing this problem and I know them personally — they read this thread as guests, I'm also facing a similar dilemma so I took on myself to inquire. I've being open enough.
graviton2,
Which kain school is dat one?? I'd advice you chat with the consulates...

My school accepts installmental payments-- I can pay four times per semester....
Even if one cannot meet up with his/her payment plan, SEVIS won't be terminated; rather, little interest would be added....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 6:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
Idazbawz: My good people,
Please can I pay my flight ticket dues via GTB token?
biko nau
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 7:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
Idazbawz: graviton2,
Which kain school is dat one?? I'd advice you chat with the consulates...

My school accepts installmental payments-- I can pay four times per semester....
Even if one cannot meet up with his/her payment plan, SEVIS won't be terminated; rather, little interest would be added....

I'm telling you, bro. I was shocked when the girl told me the school refused to defer her admission, only for me to try mine and get the same response. I'm not a novice, hence I decided to research and have information down, the biggest mistake a student can make is not tidying his issues before leaving for the States — I'm confident now, thank God.

I for one, am not in a hurry to enter the US. I'm going for my education doesn't mean I should become a destitute while doing so. It's all good though — 2015 things.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Dot1(m): 7:02pm On Jul 29, 2014
cashglue:

Thank u again Zee! Yeah I meant the ziploc bags-the transparent one. I will certainly look for it in Lagos. I shud be able to get it.
Bros, pls let's know once you've got some. Also interested
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by pixietop(m): 7:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
juntod:

You have left nothing out. But your profile is incomplete. You didn't indicate if you have kid(s) yet, the degree you wish to pursue, your wife's employment status, etc. With these, you can be guided properly since your wife's intention to return with you after your studies will also be questioned.

I have a Bsc in Building Engineering and a MSc in Construction Management. I am currently the Project manager at a construction firm and the course they want to sponsor me for is an MS in Project Management.

My wife is a pharmacist, but when we applied in January for the b1/B2, i listed her as home maker, so 'l just go with that same line.

Just married under a year, no kids yet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2:

I'm telling you, bro. I was shocked when the girl told me the school refused to defer her admission, only for me to try mine and get the same response. I'm not a novice, hence I decided to research and have information down, the biggest mistake a student can make is not tidying his issues before leaving for the States — I'm confident now, thank God.

I for one, am not in a hurry to enter the US. I'm going for my education doesn't mean I should become a destitute while doing so. It's all good though — 2015 things.
I respect your spirit bruh.... go for it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 7:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
Idazbawz: I respect your spirit bruh.... go for it

I have my visa down. All I have to do is get a new i-20 and I'm good to go. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 7:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
pixietop:

I have a Bsc in Building Engineering and a MSc in Construction Management. I am currently the Project manager at a construction firm and the course they want to sponsor me for is an MS in Project Management.

My wife is a pharmacist, but when we applied in January for the b1/B2, i listed her as home maker, so 'l just go with that same line.

Just married under a year, no kids yet.

You can go in that same line. Remember, they may not even ask you for documents. Just be prepared to orally explain why your company is sponsoring you. You are good to go bro. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2:

Mehn! I'm not the only facing this issue. Knowledge is power, you know.

You still dey practice acclimation inside fridge? grin Cold go wash you for Canny. Them go use you dey chill drinks this winter.

Sure, knowledge is power.. cheesy

LOL! Cold is nothing to worry about, I can survive in -45
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
Amefrica:

Sure, knowledge is power.. cheesy

LOL! Cold is nothing to worry about, I can survive get frost-bite in -45°

Na lie! I've fixed your post. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2:

Na lie! I've fixed your post. grin

We shall see! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 8:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
to the guy that was looking for where to get transparent food bags(zip lock),u can get it from supermarkets or any big store around you.it is called fridge bags. grin
enjoy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 8:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
Idazbawz: My good people,
Please can I pay my flight ticket dues via GTB token?
make una help me nau
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by hayjayfeez: 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
Idazbawz: make una help me nau
Yes, you can use ur gtbank token to pay for your ticket...you just get the airline acct number and transfer the cash to their account. Call them immediately after the transfer.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 8:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2:

Beats me. They told her "No" that if she isn't there by fall this year they will cancel her i-20 and report her to immigration.

I wonder what the bad blood is about.
This won't be good at all if she doesn't meet up. Has she tried contacting another school?
Isn't it against the law to try to keep her in their against her will?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 8:45pm On Jul 29, 2014
Mjseun: Dear Applicant,

The U.S. Department of State is currently experiencing technical problems with its visa system which are affecting operations globally. This issue is worldwide and is not specific to any particular country or visa category. We recognize and deeply regret the inconvenience to travelers. We will return your passport with visa as soon as we are able to complete processing, but are currently unable to predict how long the delay will be.

If you would like your passport returned to you without the U.S. visa, please contact the call center at 014406295 or by email at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com with your name and passport number, and we will return it to you. You can later contact 01-4406295 for information on how to return your passport to the Embassy/Consulate for the visa.

If you have an urgent need to travel to the United States, please contact LagosNIV@state.gov with your name, passport number, and nature of your emergency. Please understand that only true emergencies of an extraordinary humanitarian nature can be considered for exceptional handling.

We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this matter and apologize for any inconvenience...

This is sad

Relax dear!
These things happen. LOL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 8:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
Joenice: My only fear is that if she allows the university to cancel her I-20 and report to Homeland Department afterwards, it's definitely sayonara for her.

That's my fear too.
Can't she pay part? Or something?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
Stewee:

That's my fear too.
Can't she pay part? Or something?
He, not she. Some people go abroad without putting funds into consideration. how are you today?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 8:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
juntod:

To what end?

Juntod I feel you but right now... it's about a solution.
We already know what the problem is.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 9:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
hayjayfeez: Yes, you can use ur gtbank token to pay for your ticket...you just get the airline acct number and transfer the cash to their account. Call them immediately after the transfer.
ohh tnx bro... but where will I get their account number...
Emirates is what I'm looking into
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 9:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2:

Okay. What she wants to know is: Will cancellation of her i-20 stop her from entering into the US with her visa and another school i-20 next year, she is trying to get a full scholarship from another school?

She is still in Nigeria.

Truth is, it's almost certain the next VO she'll meet will wana know what happened. I suggest she continues with the truth. If peradventure her i20 is cancelled and she gets a full scholarship to another college. Telling the VO the entire truth may be her best bet.
She should table it before God. He owns the world and it's fullness thereof.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 9:04pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2:

She had the money at the time, but something happened and her family used the money. The school is not okay with instamental payments.

Has she deferred before?
Because I find it difficult to believe this school would be this mean to her.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
Stewee:

I wonder what the bad blood is about.
This won't be good at all if she doesn't meet up. Has she tried contacting another school?
Isn't it against the law to try to keep her in their against her will?

She has contacted her school and the school is still insisting on their previous decision. Yes, it is clearly written on the i-20 that student is free to defer if need be — I wonder why they have refused to oblige her...and me too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
Joenice: He, not she. Some people go abroad without putting funds into consideration. how are you today?
broda,funds gaz dey considered oo..nobody won go dull himself for there even if it means differing till next fall..lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 9:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
Joenice: He, not she. Some people go abroad without putting funds into consideration. how are you today?

These things happen... Could be crazy.
But there's always a solution to problems.
Even financial ones.

...i'm much better. Think I've made full recovery after those vaccines almost messed me up.
Thanks bro for checking. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
Stewee:

Truth is, it's almost certain the next VO she'll meet will wana know what happened. I suggest she continues with the truth. If peradventure her i20 is cancelled and she gets a full scholarship to another college. Telling the VO the entire truth may be her best bet.
She should table it before God. He owns the world and it's fullness thereof.

Thanks, bro. From what I have gathered, all we need is a new i-20 and we are good to go.

The highlighted is a bonafide fact.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
Stewee:

Has she deferred before?
Because I find it difficult to believe this school would be this mean to her.

No, She hasn't deferred before.

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.