Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,746 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455031 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 9:41am On Jul 31, 2014
stevecrun: Thank God we made it to America.

Visa granted,@Lagos consulate..transcript coming soon.

Congrats bro.. Drop it as e dey hot wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dimmy08: 9:53am On Jul 31, 2014
Rastaforce: Anybody in Texas state. Will be resuming at TAMUK on 18th of august.
Holla

Rastaforce, am heading to TAMUC resuming 21st flying with Etihad....heard kingsville is 2hrs drive to commerce..when r u flying
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 10:04am On Jul 31, 2014
zeezahbee: pilot don't tell me you falling in love already, you wan make idawbawz get cardiac heart failure

LMFAO!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 10:17am On Jul 31, 2014

*whoop* *whoop*
Congratulations Steve!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:21am On Jul 31, 2014
Idazbawz: zee na naija geh.... oya I get money pass you grin

I no argue for that one ooo.. But since you wan show yourself:
Pay half of my tuition abeg,
Its just 1.5m only..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:21am On Jul 31, 2014
Mjseun: Nlanders, just got the mail today that my visa is ready, go collect yours too if you in the same category. Thank you Jesus... I'm going there this morning. so so happy right now. Since last Monday

Congrats once again bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iluvmybishop: 10:21am On Jul 31, 2014

bros am not surprised,u deserve it.....am appy for u......congratulations bro. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:22am On Jul 31, 2014

Yes!
This is what I wanna hear.. Congrats bro,
*boosting confidence to go grab mine*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:23am On Jul 31, 2014
Graviton2:

A friend called me some weeks ago, he was like: brother, abeg you na Yankee boy now. Spray some dough!

I laughed my head off! See me wey dey find way to help myself, where I see money to spray? The struggle is real oh! The God who gave us teeth, will definitely give us bread.

Amen bro.
May God see us tru..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:24am On Jul 31, 2014
All this good news you all are sharing,..
It God's work oooo..
I must share mine too..
Amen..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 10:29am On Jul 31, 2014
Rastaforce: Anybody in Texas state. Will be resuming at TAMUK on 18th of august.
Holla
welcome to TX

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kennyzita(f): 10:31am On Jul 31, 2014
Congrats, stevecrun. . .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iluvmybishop: 10:40am On Jul 31, 2014
domex007: All this good news you all are sharing,..
It God's work oooo..
I must share mine too..
Amen..
bros y u dey so selfish like dis, too,I no come sell groundnutooo.
no be only u go collect dat visaoooooo,me too dey with uooooo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 31, 2014

Way to go! cheesy

Congrats pal.. Extend my regards to Robertson! cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 11:12am On Jul 31, 2014
iluvmybishop: bros y u dey so selfish like dis, too,I no come sell groundnutooo.
no be only u go collect dat visaoooooo,me too dey with uooooo

Sure tin bro..
We shall all testify..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 11:15am On Jul 31, 2014
Hello better people:
My school (UCO) sent me a mail that I should fill an application for a room so they can put me with a compatible room mate and also sign a contract,
Since I have not gotten visa yet, should I ignore the mail?? As the embassy have said not to make any arrangements before securing visa..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 31, 2014
I left ikeja with my cousin and his wife at about 5.30am to victoria island
We arrived at about 6.20am at the embassy and checked in for my appointment which was slated for 6.30am.I joined the short queue.After all the normal ritual done before the applicant sees the VO,here is my transcript.

Note-i was tensed i nearly had an heartattack,its my first time at the usa embassy. I was praying to be interviewed by the white lady or the young white guy.I finally got the young guy,my number was A046.

VO-How did you know about this school?
Me-I made my research on the internet using Usnews.com,wikipedia,collegeboard.org and the school's website.

VO-Did you not apply to other schools?
Me-I applied to University of Central Arkansas and Texas Southern University

VO-What does SMSU have that these other two do not have?
Me-both TSU and UCA do not offer out of state tuition scholarship but SMSU does cos international students are allowed to pay same fee with those born in Minnesota(he nods)

VO-Why criminal justice and safety studies?
Me-With a bachelor degree in criminal justice and safety studies,i will be able to ascertain the psychology behind crime,and measures that can be taken to limit the rate of crime in our society thereby rehabilitating offenders.
Sir,i believe our present methods in dealing with criminals in Nigeria has not made our society safe rather it has made our problems worse,so with this degree,i will be able to contribute to the security of lives and properties here in Nigeria.(All this while he was looking at me and i maintained eye contact)

VO-Your sponsor?
Me-My mother
VO-What does she do?
She's owns a cement distributing company,which distributes majorly for Elephant cement co.

VO-How many workers work with her?
Me-Sir,she has two branches one in Asaba and warri and has alot of workers

VO-What's your other qualification?
Me-I have an NCE qualification and i did that from 2009-2012 including the compulsory Teaching practice

VO-Why is your mom sponsoring only you to the usa,don't you have other siblings?
Me-Am the first son and i have 3other siblings
My younger sister is in a law school,the third girl is a medical student in one of the Nigerian unis and the last(he cut me off here)
VO-what do you stand to gain?
Am the first and i will be the heir to her business empire including my dad's houses.

VO(nods and says i will have to issue your visa now,you choose isolo,so pick up your visa there,after 3 working days,we contact you through an sms or email.
Hands me my white pickup slip after circling.
I gave him a thumb up and he smiled.

The journey has not been easy only those that know me will attest.
I thank God for his mercies and unending favour.
Walspring,is a good friend and brother,God will make u smile
Gre8ever,your calls and words of encouragement
Graviton
Bimbola,thanks for correcting my mistakes before i headed to the consulate
Slimmy,God will make you smile soon
Teddyrain,not forgetting u bro...your prayer lines helped too.
If ive not mentioned you no vex,my brain full now.

And my mother,without her i won't be here..I love you mom..she's the happiest mom now in the world..

All those who are headed there soon,be steadfast and commit your needs to God.
I cut off with my girlfriend cos of american visa,am sorry babe,cut off sex,cut off drinking.I was closer to God..
More testimonies sha abound here.

Its being a long journey..THANK GOD WE MADE IT TO AMERICA

18 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 11:20am On Jul 31, 2014
zeezahbee: you know how we roll nigga heheheh, take it cool , he's a newbie

Zee = My squad anyday anytime grin . We have resolved the eish.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 11:27am On Jul 31, 2014
stevecrun:
I cut off with my girlfriend cos of american visa,am sorry babe,cut off sex,cut off drinking.I was closer to God..

Congrats bro.. All the best in your preparation.

Meanwhile, I wonder why some Christians deceive God. Do not go back to these habits until you get married. God has done it for you and will not be happy if you backslide after getting your visa. If I were a member of your religion, this is what I will do.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 31, 2014
Amefrica:

Way to go! cheesy

Congrats pal.. Extend my regards to Robertson! cheesy
sure i will bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 11:28am On Jul 31, 2014
Theflint1: dunno ur particular reason for wanting some1 over there do it 4 u but just in case, Gieva( in Nigeria) actually does registration free for peeps.
have tried doin it registration but didn't get centres for Nigerian. Also, Gieva charges more, 30$ extra.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 31, 2014
juntod:

Congrats bro.. All the best in your preparation.

Meanwhile, I wonder why some Christians deceive God. Do not go back to these habits until you get married. God has done it for you and will not be happy if you backslide after getting your visa. If I were a member of your religion, this is what I will do.
lol..thanks bro

Body no be firewood,but we have to try make God help us.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 11:31am On Jul 31, 2014
Stevecrun

Congratulations. You really did well and you sure deserved it. Wish you all the best charting the new course. smiley

PS: You should have gone to UCA. Great school and Conway is a great city to live in..... Kidding smiley Congrats again!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 31, 2014
domex007:

Yes!
This is what I wanna hear.. Congrats bro,
*boosting confidence to go grab mine*
Oge adiro(no time

Go grab that visa broda
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 11:32am On Jul 31, 2014
stevecrun: I left ikeja with my cousin and his wife at about 5.30am to victoria island
We arrived at about 6.20am at the embassy and checked in for my appointment which was slated for 6.30am.I joined the short queue.After all the normal ritual done before the applicant sees the VO,here is my transcript.

Note-i was tensed i nearly had an heartattack,its my first time at the usa embassy. I was praying to be interviewed by the white lady or the young white guy.I finally got the young guy,my number was A046.

Me-I made my research on the internet using Usnews.com,wikipedia,collegeboard.org and the school's website.

Me-both TSU and UCA do not offer out of state tuition scholarship but SMSU does cos international students are allowed to pay same fee with those born in Minnesota(he nods)

Me-With a bachelor degree in criminal justice and safety studies,i will be able to ascertain the psychology behind crime,and measures that can be taken to limit the rate of crime in our society thereby rehabilitating offenders.
Sir,i believe our present methods in dealing with criminals in Nigeria has not made our society safe rather it has made our problems worse,so with this degree,i will be able to contribute to the security of lives and properties here in Nigeria.(All this while he was looking at me and i maintained eye contact)

VO-Your sponsor?
Me-My mother
VO-What does she do?
She's owns a cement distributing company,which distributes majorly for Elephant cement co.

Me-I have an NCE qualification and i did that from 2009-2012 including the compulsory Teaching practice

VO-Why is your mom sponsoring only you to the usa,don't you have other siblings?
My younger sister is in a law school,the third girl is a medical student in one of the Nigerian unis and the last(he cut me off here)
Am the first and i will be the heir to her business empire including my dad's houses.

VO(nods and says i will have to issue your visa now,you choose isolo,so pick up your visa there,after 3 working days,we contact you through an sms or email.

Graviton

And my mother,without her i won't be here..I love you mom..she's the happiest mom now in the world..

Great Job!!!
Welcome to The United States.

When you put it before God,He takes charge and makes everything seamless according to His Holy will.

cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 11:34am On Jul 31, 2014
stevecrun: I left ikeja with my cousin and his wife at about 5.30am to victoria island

VO-Your sponsor?
Me-My mother
VO-What does she do?

Graviton

Congrats bro.. You deserve am..
Enjoy america..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 31, 2014
MsNas: Stevecrun

Congratulations. You really did well and you sure deserved it. Wish you all the best charting the new course. smiley

PS: You should have gone to UCA. Great school and Conway is a great city to live in..... Kidding smiley Congrats again!
Thanks miss..
UCA frustrate me,they say my waec no too reach their cutoff..they still send me emails till now even when they chop my 50usd and never offered me admission.

Thanks once again,miss Nas,glad we are friends once again..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 11:41am On Jul 31, 2014
stevecrun: Oge adiro(no time

Go grab that visa broda

Sure will,
Can't wait to hit the embassy..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by richard4ssky: 11:43am On Jul 31, 2014

VO-Your sponsor?
Me-My mother
VO-What does she do?

Graviton

congratulation I am happy for you so this is divine faviour from God so you were not ask to show any standard test or even SOA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 11:46am On Jul 31, 2014
stevecrun: Thanks miss..
UCA frustrate me,they say my waec no too reach their cutoff..they still send me emails till now even when they chop my 50usd and never offered me admission.

Thanks once again,miss Nas,glad we are friends once again..
You're welcome. And we were always friends smiley

UCA are notorious for doing that to applicants. Lol. Probably because they offer a generous scholarship, they will nitpick everything on your application. You got your visa now, so screw them. Enjoy your moment of exhilaration, my brother.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gr8ever(m): 11:49am On Jul 31, 2014
stevecrun:

Graviton

The journey of a thousand mile begins with a step.

I'm really happy for you brother. Our efforts finally paid off....Thank God we made.

My greetings to your cousin. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 31, 2014
richard4ssky: congratulation I am happy for you so this is divine faviour from God so you were not ask to show any standard test or even SOA
i ommited all those bro..i showed my mom's statement which was a long roll,my ielts result
He did not ask for my waec ,i finished waec 2006 and my NCE certificate..he did not ask to see these two and i was astonished..na God joor

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.