Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454679 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 4:26pm On Oct 21, 2013
OjaP: Seunolumonday,

Sorry to hear about your denial. I have been waiting for long to hear the good news. Anyways, you already know what the problem is. And just as gurus here advised, please defer the admission and go back to the embassy again. You have a good heart and someone like you deserves the best.

The VISA is yours.

You took the words out of my mouth grin
@seunolumonday, what more can I say? Consider this as a blessing in disguise. You are definately gonna get it at second attempt. Take care dear.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by conyema12(m): 4:27pm On Oct 21, 2013
Seunolumonday

You did well Seun, I also believe the delay is in your own interest because you may still encounter problem at the Port of Entry if the visa is issued.

It seems your I-20 arrived late. Well, what else can I say.... good luck in your next appointment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 4:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
On this platform again, Hapi bornday to the newest mod - Francis grin May your days be long in abundant wealth and sound health. Relish your day buddy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by seunolumonday(f): 4:39pm On Oct 21, 2013
D real date classes start is 2day but my extension letter date was for nov 4
Walspring:

Wait i think something is not clear if her resumption is november why would class starts today? Are u refering to extension letter resumption date
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 4:53pm On Oct 21, 2013
joelin_sewa:

Am for Dec 7th I missed the Nov date
no worries, just prep and believe...we go make am
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 4:54pm On Oct 21, 2013
joelin_sewa:

Am for Dec 7th I missed the Nov date
no worries, just prep and believe...we go make am wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 4:55pm On Oct 21, 2013
seunolumonday: D real date classes start is 2day but my extension letter date was for nov 4

Josh 1:9 ...be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Deut 30:9 And the LORD thy God will make thee plenteous in every work of thine hand, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy land, for good: for the LORD will again rejoice over thee for good, as he rejoiced over thy fathers.

In bold, even whenever you go there again, approach the VO with confidence and ask; where is the visa you have been keeping for me?

O ya rerin muse! grin AL IZ WELL.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 5:09pm On Oct 21, 2013
godG:

Josh 1:9 ...be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Deut 30:9 And the LORD thy God will make thee plenteous in every work of thine hand, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy land, for good: for the LORD will again rejoice over thee for good, as he rejoiced over thy fathers.

In bold, even whenever you go there again, approach the VO with confidence and ask; where is the visa you have been keeping for me?

O ya rerin muse! grin AL IZ WELL.
wise words, sir

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 5:22pm On Oct 21, 2013
babsharon:
Sorry !!! Her resumption is october. According †̥o her write up. Thanks

Okay i roger that!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by seunolumonday(f): 5:39pm On Oct 21, 2013
Thanks everyone for ur comments and all,tank u big francis tôt i would give u d gift of getting my visa tanks for d call,james,mckenzii,amefrica,xtus tanks for d call too,thank u house i promise u i will get it d next time i go IJN

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
seunolumonday: Thanks everyone for ur comments and all,tank u big francis tôt i would give u d gift of getting my visa tanks for d call,james,mckenzii,amefrica,xtus tanks for d call too,thank u house i promise u i will get it d next time i go IJN

A thunderous AMEN!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 5:54pm On Oct 21, 2013
Amefrica:

A thunderous AMEN!!!

My ears ossicles are vibrating! Ame (0 GMT) to frica (~-6 GMT) again!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 21, 2013
imperiouxx:

My ears ossicles are vibrating! Ame (0 GMT) to frica (~-6 GMT) again!

Esu gbo! O salo igbo.. Satan hear am, he flee.. Loool.. Which 1 be GMT u dey use. Lol

Nice work ur doing here bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by foohard: 6:14pm On Oct 21, 2013
seunolumonday: I was for 7:30am,did d necessary tin had all my docs ready including my toefl and my gre which was 320/340 my school classes starts today 21st of october as written on my I-20 but i reschuldued so d school sent me an extension letter for 10working days,dis was hw d interview went embassy was great dis morning d rate of approval was very high,VO: wat state are u goin 2? Me:Missouri. VO:how did u learn abt d skool me :Gave her d answer,she seemed impressed. VO:why webster uni. Me:told her. VO:what was ur highest qualification,what universit,wen did u graduate,what have u bin doin since den,re u marrried,do u have kid,re u travellin alone,who is ur sponsor,what does he do.Me:answered all it was a lenthy interview but me and d young lady had fun cos it was like a chat she just brought out d pick up form and was abt givin me she just removed my i20 and said i shld hold on dat classes starts today i told her i had an extension letter(dat was d only doc required) she went tru it spent time she just said sorry she cant grant me visa dat d extension letter doesnt count pls wat went wrong d vo was very young youngest among dem dont no wat 2 do will defer 2 spring

cry
I think the VO believe you dont have enough time to meet up for this term. Try again, the VISA is yours by His grace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 6:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
Amefrica:

Esu gbo! O salo igbo.. Satan hear am, he flee.. Loool.. Which 1 be GMT u dey use. Lol

Nice work ur doing here bro!

Na timing from a pole of the earth..... Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) grin

Na only you na, universal nairalander. May be I go dey use UTC for you.... Coordinated Universal Time from Ame2frica.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 6:18pm On Oct 21, 2013
@SeunOlumonday, I'm so sorry to hear about your Denial... NEVER give-up..

Defer your admission to spring 2014. Spring 2014 is just around the corner, just few months away,

So take your time, Mail your school, ask em to Defer your admission to spring 2014, and they will probably inform you the things you will need to submit (If Neccessary), so your admission can be successfully Defered to Spring 2014.

Your school will send you a NEW and UPDATED i-20, which you will use to apply for your Visa..

God has a reason for everything. Tidy up the loop holes and go back again. The Visa is already yours....

For the Record, i must really confess, you did pretty GREAT in your GRE. You were almost close to getting the Perfect score on the GRE.. You must be a Brilliant chap! Thumbs Up!!!!!!

#TeamNeverGiveUp..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 21, 2013
imperiouxx:

Na timing from a pole of the earth..... Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) grin

Na only you na, universal nairalander. May be I go dey use UTC for you.... Coordinated Universal Time from Ame2frica.

grin I'm not that dumb.. I know what it is, I only asked why you dey associate am with my moniker lol.. Thanks man!! Lol.. Imperiouxx, the most sophisticated..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 21, 2013
Abeg!! Advise a brother.. No Insult or abusive words.. Ricky Rozay, I know you too well.. No insult me.. I should have posted it here but I know too well this is not the appropiate place. No look me as a badt guy oo

Check the link..

www.nairaland.com/1487017/im-trapped-need-advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 6:53pm On Oct 21, 2013
My people, I would like to know the cheapest flight one can get to Philadelphia, USA, and the minimum BTA required for someone traveling using an immigrant visa [Na my guy wey win visa lottery need the info]. Thanks everybody.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 7:00pm On Oct 21, 2013
Amefrica:

grin I'm not that dumb.. I know what it is, I only asked why you dey associate am with my moniker lol.. Thanks man!! Lol.. Imperiouxx, the most sophisticated..

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by webstradamus: 7:01pm On Oct 21, 2013
seunolumonday: I was for 7:30am,did d necessary tin had all my docs ready including my toefl and my gre which was 320/340 my school classes starts today 21st of october as written on my I-20 but i reschuldued so d school sent me an extension letter for 10working days,dis was hw d interview went embassy was great dis morning d rate of approval was very high,VO: wat state are u goin 2? Me:Missouri. VO:how did u learn abt d skool me :Gave her d answer,she seemed impressed. VO:why webster uni. Me:told her. VO:what was ur highest qualification,what universit,wen did u graduate,what have u bin doin since den,re u marrried,do u have kid,re u travellin alone,who is ur sponsor,what does he do.Me:answered all it was a lenthy interview but me and d young lady had fun cos it was like a chat she just brought out d pick up form and was abt givin me she just removed my i20 and said i shld hold on dat classes starts today i told her i had an extension letter(dat was d only doc required) she went tru it spent time she just said sorry she cant grant me visa dat d extension letter doesnt count pls wat went wrong d vo was very young youngest among dem dont no wat 2 do will defer 2 spring

Sorry about your denial. The VO is definitely inexperienced; she was wrong to have denied you based on your original start date when the school had granted you an extension (and you had proof). Tough luck! But fear not, you will definitely get it the next time.

On another note, I'm really curious to know why Webster though. I hope you got a full ride sha cos with a GRE score of 320, you could have gotten into ... grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by webstradamus: 7:09pm On Oct 21, 2013
imperiouxx:

No, you can't combine the two because the PhD is more or less employment with the department, just like the MS GA but more professional than MS GA.

I'm a Biochemist going for Pharmacology (it's Biochemistry concentrating on drug molecular mechanisms and design). Pharmacology is the study of molecular mechanisms of drug in biological system while pharmacy is the study of prescription of drugs just like those drug retail sellers in one kind of shop locally called chemist in Nigeria.

A Pharmacologist would have worked wonders with drug and synthesized new drug before handing it over to a Pharmacist to play with and acts like captain America in the presence of his patients.

Choi!!! See as you rubbish pharmacists finish shocked. This your comment fit cause depression O grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 7:14pm On Oct 21, 2013
Amefrica: Abeg!! Advise a brother.. No Insult or abusive words.. Ricky Rozay, I know you too well.. No insult me.. I should have posted it here but I know too well this is not the appropiate place. No look me as a badt guy oo

Check the link..

www.nairaland.com/1487017/im-trapped-need-advice

According to what i read in that link, i will advise you to FLEE because she will cut ur dream short.... Am sure her EX flee because she wan kill that EX
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 21, 2013
imperiouxx:

Wetin bro? grin grin

Walspring:

According to what i read in that link, i will advise you to FLEE because she will cut ur dream short.... Am sure her EX flee because she wan kill that EX

Noted bro!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Oreskid: 7:29pm On Oct 21, 2013
Was @ Abuja embassy today @ 730 too but was denial....
VO- morning
Me-morning ma but na one small chick
VO- u re going for master right
Me- I said yes
VO-what skool do u have ur bsc
Me- university of ado ekiti
VO- wat u do u graduate
Me-2010
VO- wat have u been doing after graduation
Me- working
VO- where do u work
Me- oyo state ministry of works and transport
VO- what do u study in ur first degree
Me- mechanical engineering
VO-who will sponsor ur trip
Me- my father
VO- wat does he do
Me- contractor
VO- do u have ur father bank statement
Me- yes and I show her but she look @ it and still keep it with her
VO- how do u get this skool
Me- thru a friend that is currently studying in d skool and make research to see the skool is one of the best skool in the US that offer my course and the skool got affordable fee and also got high quality staff
VO- how many skool do u apply to
Me- just this one and they gave me admission.
VO- just keep typing and she look up and stop return d bank statement of over 13million and said I'm sorry, u re denial under section 214b and she gave me a paper and said next.
Me... Thanks and park my stuff and leave d emabassy
Plz NL gurus wat do I have wrong in my application and my skool resume 28th of oct
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 7:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
Oreskid: Was @ Abuja embassy today @ 730 too but was denial....
VO- morning
Me- I said yes
VO- wat u do u graduate
Me-2010
Me- working
VO- where do u work
Me- my father
VO- wat does he do
Me- contractor
Me- thru a friend that is currently studying in d skool and make research to see the skool is one of the best skool in the US that offer my course and the skool got affordable fee and also got high quality staff
VO- just keep typing and she look up and stop return d bank statement of over 13million and said I'm sorry, u re denial under section 214b and she gave me a paper and said next.
Plz NL gurus wat do I have wrong in my application and my skool resume 28th of oct
I might not know much about visa interviews except what I have gleaned from USAP seminars, read from sites or viewed from this thread but I know one thing for sure, saying you applied to only one school is a no no.

I'm sorry about this, you were just momentarily delayed..research more and smoothen any creases... then go and get your visa

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2013
webstradamus:

Choi!!! See as you rubbish pharmacists finish shocked. This your comment fit cause depression O grin

I don dey fight the war on front page where someone was calling drug administrator a drug researcher. The US system is always different with lot of twists.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 8:04pm On Oct 21, 2013
VO- morning
Me- I said yes
VO- wat u do u graduate
Me-2010
Me- working
VO- where do u work
Me- my father
VO- wat does he do
Me- contractor

Sorry about that. However, u weren't convincing based on what u provide here. Next time, show d Vo that u are a willing student. Instead of telling hi/her that u got to knw about d school through a friend, why not say that u did extensive Internet research and that u read thorough reviews about the school. The implication of what u said was that if u hv got no friend, u won't go to school. That shouldn't be!

And the issue of one school, no! U no try. I assume u took some tests, why not tell d VO about the schools on ur test application? Don't tell me u didn't write any.
U should re-apply! This too shall pass.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by conyema12(m): 8:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
VO- morning
Me- I said yes
VO- wat u do u graduate
Me-2010
Me- working
VO- where do u work
Me- my father
VO- wat does he do
Me- contractor

You almost nailed it, however I spotted 2 grey areas in ur interview
1. You told her that you learnt about the school from a FRIEND. That's a red flag.

2. You also told her you applied to only ONE school, that's a mark of lack of dedication. 3 or 4 schools should have done the magic for you.

I will now step aside for all the Bros them.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by conyema12(m): 8:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
VO- morning
Me- I said yes
VO- wat u do u graduate
Me-2010
Me- working
VO- where do u work
Me- my father
VO- wat does he do
Me- contractor

You almost nailed it, however I spotted 2 grey areas in ur interview
1. You told her that you learnt about the school from a FRIEND. That's a red flag.

2. You also told her you applied to only one school, that's a mark of lack of dedication. 3 or 4 schools should have done the magic for you.

I will now step aside for Bros them.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 8:23pm On Oct 21, 2013
How long does it take for a parcel sent via Nipost Registered Mail to arrive USA? I need ur kind answers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by waledudu(m): 8:29pm On Oct 21, 2013
Tochium: How long does it take for a parcel sent via Nipost Registered Mail to arrive USA? I need ur kind answers
7 working days.. Try track it on d internet. www.emsng.com or www.usps.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.