Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,959 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454676 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 6:33am On Oct 21, 2013
@biGfrancis, happy buffday to my pal broda 4rm anoda mother, God go make you BIGGER. Long life and prosperity. Wish you the very best in life, next year buffday na for maryland

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 6:55am On Oct 21, 2013
vitus101: Buenos dias amigos..como estas? Por favor (chai fuel don finish)
Pls I am about to apply for Msc in a 'Yankee' uni. Can any of the gurus in da house gimme a break-down of the process of application? From the selection of schools, to the exams to be written, to visa interview.

Abeg make una no refer me to Google oo

Thanks in anticipay

@ the BOLD cheesy cheesy cheesy . Na Google still sure pass for you.

Well, a quick reply while waiting for the gurus to answer you.
The first decision is the choice of school, please check page 5 to see the response I gave to someone. In addition, you want to get aid and blah blah blah...

Usually since you wanna pursue Masters, you will be doing some standardised tests - GRE and TOEFL/IELTS. Ensure you ace those tests and you stand a good chance of getting financial aid.

Next is sending application to your selected schools, Most schools require your standardised test score (sent directly from ETS), BSc Transcript (evaluated (optional)), Statement of purpose SOP, Recommendation letters, RESUME,Bank statement + an online payment fee and the list goes on. Please check with your school to know the requisite documents.

After getting the admission, the sch sends you an I-20 therein you have valuable info such as your course, duration, tuition fees for a year and blah blah blah. You get to pay a mandatory sevis I-901 fees ($200), fill a ds-160 form, make a visa payment of #26,400 at GTB and book an appointment for your interview.

Finally, you go to the embassy and claim your visa grin Isn't it easy? YEAH IT IS BUT YOU'VE GOT TO BE DETERMINED AND PRAYERFUL.

For more details ask google grin All the best.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 21, 2013
godG:

^^^ superlative sarcasm!
****I don laff tire sit inside the colony of soldier ants.

grin Good for you oo. wink

godG:

Ricky, dude go even get coaching hours for Origbo Community High School. In the hands of Amefrica, your ward's Social/Civic Studies is safe. cheesy cheesy. ***flees

+ Don't let's derail d thread. smiley

If I catch you ehn? Ok, no pee.

Happy 21st (kidding tho) birthday to bigfrancis21. Have fun bro. Na maryland we go come do next year's.. LLNP wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by vivysparkles(f): 7:16am On Oct 21, 2013
imperiouxx:

Yea, that's why I said I'm deferring to 2015 (Fall). I've started applying for jobs now towards my 29 months OPT but later will drop it for the PhD (God knows the best). My furthering isn't to instruct but because of my love for Pharmacological research jobs and most of them require a PhD degree, since it's all about making lab your pet grin

Can't you work along side PhD?? Why do u have to drop OPT for PhD? Are u a pharmacist btw??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by vivysparkles(f): 7:21am On Oct 21, 2013
flynbird:

oh but there are lots of contradicting answers to this question oh.. Some people say after the first 2 semesters which is one academic year

The after 2semesters is for off campus jobs...but within campus u can start work from day1
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 7:24am On Oct 21, 2013
Ms Nas: Oga BigFrancis, Happy Baiday o. grin

@Bold...hahahahhaha!

Just as those village people used to say it. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 7:29am On Oct 21, 2013
Imperiouxx, Ricky Rozay, Olarwarlay, Tochium, Amerfrica, Babsharon, Walspring, Onipedey, Ms Nas, Vitus, Kunle, GodG, Winbyforce, Electronic, Femmoy...thank you all so much! I appreciate.

Imperiouxx, I love your smiley. Abi dp. grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by winbyforce: 7:41am On Oct 21, 2013

Enjoy a prosperous year ahead Bigfrancis!!! Cool dude cool

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 7:53am On Oct 21, 2013
Happy Birthday to a brother of Life grin

BigFrancis I still owe you a lot o! I know you understand... cheesy Tnxx Buddy cool

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sholay2011(m): 7:59am On Oct 21, 2013
Happy birthday to @bigfrancis. So, you're even @Mukina2's birthday mate...okay naa.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by obotubong: 8:34am On Oct 21, 2013
femmoy:

am sorry to say but why traditional marriage only in this modern disposition? well,far as i can tell the only proof of ur wedding (doc) would be ur wedding pix.

my bro in niaja today when money no too dey and u see woman u wan spend the rest of your life with, na traditional marriage her people requested 1st. and i didn't include i was married in my ds160 so do i still need to go with the weeding photos but i intend saying am married when asked to show i have home ties and intend coming back. in fact i also intend saying she is pregnant and due in early dec ( this part na wash) just to aid my case.

wat do you think?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Bams95: 8:44am On Oct 21, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 8:51am On Oct 21, 2013
vivysparkles:

Can't you work along side PhD?? Why do u have to drop OPT for PhD? Are u a pharmacist btw??

No, you can't combine the two because the PhD is more or less employment with the department, just like the MS GA but more professional than MS GA.

I'm a Biochemist going for Pharmacology (it's Biochemistry concentrating on drug molecular mechanisms and design). Pharmacology is the study of molecular mechanisms of drug in biological system while pharmacy is the study of prescription of drugs just like those drug retail sellers in one kind of shop locally called chemist in Nigeria.

A Pharmacologist would have worked wonders with drug and synthesized new drug before handing it over to a Pharmacist to play with and acts like captain America in the presence of his patients.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 10:02am On Oct 21, 2013
happy birthday, Bigfrancis

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 10:03am On Oct 21, 2013
Walspring, I sent you a mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 10:09am On Oct 21, 2013
I need help filling my SAT form, these items are giving me serious nightmares...even the mailing address section is a blood sucker
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idalex: 10:31am On Oct 21, 2013
bigfrancis21: Countdown to my birthday tomorrow! 3 hours to go cheesy
HBD LLNP.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 10:42am On Oct 21, 2013
@bigfrancis

happy birthday bro. . .wishing long life and prosperity.

Where d party go hold na ?

Bcus na "okoso" tinz. . cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sholay2011(m): 11:11am On Oct 21, 2013
Hello. I just saw my Toefl results. Even though I didn't prepare well (less than a week prep due to d disappointment of GRE), I had 98.

Someone said the score is okay to get an admission. I want to further in Agricultural Economics in Masters. Had 307 in GRE. lipsrsealed

What advice do experienced ppl in the house have for me?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:29am On Oct 21, 2013
Graviton: Walspring, I sent you a mail

I have replied you... Sorry for replying you late!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by seunolumonday(f): 11:30am On Oct 21, 2013
I was delayed today at lagos embassy will tell u hw d interview went dis morning wen i get home
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gr8ever(m): 11:43am On Oct 21, 2013
Happy Bday to BigFrancis (the next MOD for this thread).

Wishing you bestest of everything in life.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:43am On Oct 21, 2013
seunolumonday: I was delayed today at lagos embassy will tell u hw d interview went dis morning wen i get home

I hope its going to be a good news!!! so that you can be the first to post her success story and win Ricky Rozay $1000 that i am dreaming to win.....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by seunolumonday(f): 11:52am On Oct 21, 2013
I was for 7:30am,did d necessary tin had all my docs ready including my toefl and my gre which was 320/340 my school classes starts today 21st of october as written on my I-20 but i reschuldued so d school sent me an extension letter for 10working days,dis was hw d interview went embassy was great dis morning d rate of approval was very high,VO: wat state are u goin 2? Me:Missouri. VO:how did u learn abt d skool me :Gave her d answer,she seemed impressed. VO:why webster uni. Me:told her. VO:what was ur highest qualification,what universit,wen did u graduate,what have u bin doin since den,re u marrried,do u have kid,re u travellin alone,who is ur sponsor,what does he do.Me:answered all it was a lenthy interview but me and d young lady had fun cos it was like a chat she just brought out d pick up form and was abt givin me she just removed my i20 and said i shld hold on dat classes starts today i told her i had an extension letter(dat was d only doc required) she went tru it spent time she just said sorry she cant grant me visa dat d extension letter doesnt count pls wat went wrong d vo was very young youngest among dem dont no wat 2 do will defer 2 spring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 21, 2013
So, sad to hear. Seunolumonday, try to defer ur admission to spring n go back and claim ur VISA.. It is yours. Wishing you luck next time..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 12:08pm On Oct 21, 2013
Walspring:

I have replied you... Sorry for replying you late!
no problem, my brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 12:13pm On Oct 21, 2013
Graviton: no problem, my brother

I don reply you again oo concerning item 21,1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 12:13pm On Oct 21, 2013
seunolumonday: I was for 7:30am,did d necessary tin had all my docs ready including my toefl and my gre which was 320/340 my school classes starts today 21st of october as written on my I-20 but i reschuldued so d school sent me an extension letter for 10working days,dis was hw d interview went embassy was great dis morning d rate of approval was very high,VO: wat state are u goin 2? Me:Missouri. VO:how did u learn abt d skool me :Gave her d answer,she seemed impressed. VO:why webster uni. Me:told her. VO:what was ur highest qualification,what universit,wen did u graduate,what have u bin doin since den,re u marrried,do u have kid,re u travellin alone,who is ur sponsor,what does he do.Me:answered all it was a lenthy interview but me and d young lady had fun cos it was like a chat she just brought out d pick up form and was abt givin me she just removed my i20 and said i shld hold on dat classes starts today i told her i had an extension letter(dat was d only doc required) she went tru it spent time she just said sorry she cant grant me visa dat d extension letter doesnt count pls wat went wrong d vo was very young youngest among dem dont no wat 2 do will defer 2 spring
don't you worry. That visa is yours, just defer and try again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 12:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
seunolumonday: I was for 7:30am,did d necessary tin had all my docs ready including my toefl and my gre which was 320/340 my school classes starts today 21st of october as written on my I-20 but i reschuldued so d school sent me an extension letter for 10working days,dis was hw d interview went embassy was great dis morning d rate of approval was very high,VO: wat state are u goin 2? Me:Missouri. VO:how did u learn abt d skool me :Gave her d answer,she seemed impressed. VO:why webster uni. Me:told her. VO:what was ur highest qualification,what universit,wen did u graduate,what have u bin doin since den,re u marrried,do u have kid,re u travellin alone,who is ur sponsor,what does he do.Me:answered all it was a lenthy interview but me and d young lady had fun cos it was like a chat she just brought out d pick up form and was abt givin me she just removed my i20 and said i shld hold on dat classes starts today i told her i had an extension letter(dat was d only doc required) she went tru it spent time she just said sorry she cant grant me visa dat d extension letter doesnt count pls wat went wrong d vo was very young youngest among dem dont no wat 2 do will defer 2 spring

Am sorry to hear about this.. But with what you stated above i think the VO thought you might not be able to meet the extension given to you which is 10 days and i am sure she is think you will get your passport latest by thursday and before you book and fly e.t.c. Assuming you showed her that you already booked and paid for you flight alongside with the extension letter maybe that would convince her since you and the VO had fun during your interview with her
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 12:18pm On Oct 21, 2013
Walspring:

I don reply you again oo concerning item 21,1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7
thanks, man
I don see am, you do wella
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babsharon(m): 12:36pm On Oct 21, 2013
Sorry about that. I will advise u defer †̥o spring and re-apply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by frankie2K(m): 12:39pm On Oct 21, 2013
sholay2011: Hello. I just saw my Toefl results. Even though I didn't prepare well (less than a week prep due to d disappointment of GRE), I had 98.

Someone said the score is okay to get an admission. I want to further in Agricultural Economics in Masters. Had 307 in GRE. lipsrsealed

What advice do experienced ppl in the house have for me?

Congrats dude, u tried in your TOEFL, i scored 80 sef.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.