Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. (11482 Views)

Nigeria Has Not Less Than 250 Tribes, How Many Of The Tribes Have You Met So Far / Adultery By The Wife; Death Of The Kids,husband And The Tribes Of Delta State. / Out Of All The Tribes In Nigeria Igbos Tend To Have The Broadest Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by bigfrancis21: 6:26am On Oct 22, 2013
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by ezeagu(m): 8:03am On Oct 22, 2013
ijaw citizen: This statements shows just how naive and uneducated you are. Better read people can see thru' your ignorance and stupidity except those who are just like you.

Don't ever quote me with this kind of stupidity next time.

So basically you have nothing useful to say. Big surprise.
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by ezeagu(m): 8:04am On Oct 22, 2013
Abagworo:

I've never seen where slaves recorded their tribe as Igbo or Yoruba. Igbo was earlier used in those 1600s to refer to a geographic area and not an ethnic group.

You're wrong.
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 22, 2013
The OP really irked me with his topic and the very shallow content he is bandying. Only freedom of expression wont allow me ask for this thread to be taken down.
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by Abagworo(m): 10:01am On Oct 22, 2013
bigfrancis21:

@Bold...I guess it is because you may not have researched well. That you haven't seen doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

The argument here was whether Ibo as a term existed before Nigeria's colonialism and yes it did. Which I've proven to you. The popular place called 'Ebo's landing' in Georgia had its name given during the slave trade right after the Ebo's landing incident. A town in Belize was named 'Eboe' town for the first half of the 17th century.

In the Americas, whites used 'Ibo' to refer to a related group of peoples who spoke some related form of language. And the whites in US were shocked to discover that many Ibo slaves never heard of or called themselves 'Ibo' while in Africa. However, on reaching US, many assumed the identity and referred to themselves by it. Don't forget the oral ancestral histories of some african americans which AAs say that their grandfather/grandmother told them that his/her own grandparent was descended from 'Ibo' of Nigeria.

Ibo as a term existed during the slave trade. Olauda Equiano had a very clear-cut sense of this nationality and their location when he wrote his autobiography.

Yorubas were recorded more and more as Nago, Lukmi, Egba etc.

Remember that source you provided where Igbo slaves recorded their respective sub-clans(Acoqua, Ocuela etc). Despite seeing several different Igbo sub-clans, there was 'Ibo' among the listings there which might mean that 1 or 2 slaves or more may have referred to themselves as that on arrival in the US.

Anago, lukumi etc is not same as the term Yoruba which is more recent. At a stage the White man used "Aku" in refernce to Yorubas and related people. On that of Igbo, at least you've read where the so called Igbo slaves admitted never hearing of the word before arriving America. "Aboh" people were recorded as "Ibo" and in some instances "Egba" who are obviously "Yoruba" today were also recorded as "Ibo".
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by Dibiachukwu: 12:50pm On Oct 22, 2013
ezeagu:

You're wrong.
For now he statement is valid. We are yet to see a verifiable proof of any slave identifying themselves as Igbo. Equaino said Igbo country, and not people. There is a difference. By then, the place had probably been named
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by ezeagu(m): 3:00pm On Oct 22, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
For now he statement is valid. We are yet to see a verifiable proof of any slave identifying themselves as Igbo. Equaino said Igbo country, and not people. There is a difference. By then, the place had probably been named

Equiano explicitly says that his people called the people coming from the south 'Oye-Eboe', obviously ónyé Igbo. So people were being called Igbo in the hinterland.

This argument is completely illogical and not based on any facts. Why would slaves/slave handlers call somewhere Eboe Country? Because it was the country of the Eboe people. Country usually denotes countrymen in a nationalistic way in these old texts. It follows European logic where places are named after the people that inhabit it, which is why Equiano refers to the other people speaking Igbo in Jamaica (far away from his homeland) as people of his country, otherwise if Eboe were a mere geographical term and not an archaic ethnographic term, he wouldn't constantly refer to other Eboe people as people of his country.

The consistency of the word Eboe/Ibo among French, English and Spanish speaking colonies is enough evidence to show at least some slaves identified as Eboe.

[img]http://www2.vcdh.virginia.edu/gos/imagesAds/v0101.jpg[/img]
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by bigfrancis21: 6:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
Abagworo:

Anago, lukumi etc is not same as the term Yoruba which is more recent. At a stage the White man used "Aku" in refernce to Yorubas and related people. On that of Igbo, at least you've read where the so called Igbo slaves admitted never hearing of the word before arriving America. "Aboh" people were recorded as "Ibo" and in some instances "Egba" who are obviously "Yoruba" today were also recorded as "Ibo".

I'm saying the same thing. Alternative Yoruba terms were used instead.

Even though Igbo slaves never used the 'Igbo' term before they left Africa, whites used that term to refer to those from Igbo land who spoke related languages and from records it seems likely that the Igbo slaves who found themselves in this new area accepted the general Ibo classification, and it helped to bring all of them together and made them see themselves as one. Around 1745, an 'election' of sorts was held by the Igbo slaves there for the election of 'the King of Eboes'. Meaning clearly that they accepted the 'Eboe' classification, saw themselves as one, to the extent of trying to elect a 'king of the eboes'. In the same Brazil, at around that same period, the Eboe slaves there fought, resisted their white slave masters and created a republic of their own, 'Ibo Republic of Palmeres' which dictated the laws and rules of the the plantation trade. It is also clear again here from the fact that the 'Ibo republic of palmeres' title which was GIVEN to them by THEMSELVES and not by the whites further supports the usage of the 'Ibo' term by the Igbos slaves in the US.

Not forgetting the 'red Ibo' title which other African tribes called Igbos during the slave trade. Meaning that other African tribes SAW and CALLED Igbos 'Ibos'.

Olaudah Equiano referred to himself as 'Ebo' in his slave account.

Nathan Turner, an Igbo slave, known for the well-famous slave revolution held in Maryland during the slave trade wrote a ballad/poem by himself in which he mentioned 'Ibo warriors'. This again was an African calling his fellow Igbos as 'Ibos'. This also goes to prove the 'Ibo' term existed and flourished very well during the slave trade era.
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by bigfrancis21: 6:46pm On Oct 22, 2013
Dibiachukwu:

Equiano's statement of being from a vale called 'Ebo' is an implied one. In his same account, he referred to Igbo people in America and Caribbean as 'my fellow Ebo countrymen'.

The cause of the argument here was the usage of 'Ibo' which you thought didn't exist before the white men, which did of course. You're not knowledgeable about the slave trade because if you were you would have known this.

Even though Igbo slaves did not identify as Igbo before they left Africa and arrived US where they met the 'Ibo' term, slave records and articles show that these Igbo slaves seemed to have accepted this Ibo general classification and helped to unite them, hence making them see themselves as one.

I gave some instances of this Ibo term intra usage between Igbos themselves and between Igbos and other tribes in my last post to Abagworo.

British slave masters were not interested in the specific tribal sub-clan origins of their slaves, they noticed similar language dialects which they used to lump related slaves together. It seems that at a point, all the Igbo sub-clan slaves brought in from Bonny/Calabar axis were refereed to as 'Igbo'. Bight of Bonny/Calabar(Bonny especially) became tantamount to 'Ibo'. Of course the whites knew the difference between Igbo slaves and Moko(Ibibio)/Efik slaves, the latter which were much fewer than Igbo slaves in number.
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by Dibiachukwu: 9:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Equiano's statement of being from a vale called 'Ebo' is an implied one. In his same account, he referred to Igbo people in America and Caribbean as 'my fellow Ebo countrymen'.

The cause of the argument here was the usage of 'Ibo' which you thought didn't exist before the white men, which did of course. You're not knowledgeable about the slave trade because if you were you would have known this.

Even though Igbo slaves did not identify as Igbo before they left Africa and arrived US where they met the 'Ibo' term, slave records and articles show that these Igbo slaves seemed to have accepted this Ibo general classification and helped to unite them, hence making them see themselves as one.

I gave some instances of this Ibo term intra usage between Igbos themselves and between Igbos and other tribes in my last post to Abagworo.

British slave masters were not interested in the specific tribal sub-clan origins of their slaves, they noticed similar language dialects which they used to lump related slaves together. It seems that at a point, all the Igbo sub-clan slaves brought in from Bonny/Calabar axis were refereed to as 'Igbo'. Bight of Bonny/Calabar(Bonny especially) became tantamount to 'Ibo'. Of course the whites knew the difference between Igbo slaves and Moko(Ibibio)/Efik slaves, the latter which were much fewer than Igbo slaves in number.

My argument is not that Igbo people are not related. My argument is that they are related but migrated from different directions. And that some of them migrated much later. Especially those who their language pattern tend to be isolated and those that speak more of another language than Igbo. And that some of us are not related. Especially those that came much later.
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by Dibiachukwu: 9:38pm On Oct 22, 2013
bigfrancis21:

And I kind of don't believe anything coming from the brits. Including their records. Equiano is also not legit to me, because of his relationship with his supposed slavers. And the way this same record is being promoted by the same culprits. I refuse to accept those records. I will stick to narratives from affected communities in Igboland. We know that some people connived with the white people to raid and sell our people. Equiano might very well be one of them.
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by Fulaman198(m): 9:53pm On Oct 22, 2013
I personally do not call Hispanics, Arabs and Asians Oyibo.

Hispanics can be from any Spanish speaking country, and as you know there are Spanish speaking countries that have a plethora of black people (Dominican Republic, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Colombia, etc.) There are Spanish speaking countries that have "native" peoples who resemble Aztecs and Mayans. There are Spanish speaking countries that have Oyibo Latin people.

Arabs are very much like Hispanics too in that aspect. Asians are completely different from white people in Culture (traditionally) and genetically.
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by bigfrancis21: 10:19pm On Oct 22, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
My argument is not that Igbo people are not related. My argument is that they are related but migrated from different directions. And that some of them migrated much later. Especially those who their language pattern tend to be isolated and those that speak more of another language than Igbo. And that some of us are not related. Especially those that came much later.

I was referring to the cause of our own argument which was whether 'Igbo' existed before the coming of the white man. I affirmed it and you wrote it off, and I provided enough evidence that indicates the term 'Ibo' was alive flourished well in usage during the slave trade records.
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by bigfrancis21: 10:31pm On Oct 22, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
And I kind of don't believe anything coming from the brits. Including their records. Equiano is also not legit to me, because of his relationship with his supposed slavers. And the way this same record is being promoted by the same culprits. I refuse to accept those records. I will stick to narratives from affected communities in Igboland. We know that some people connived with the white people to raid and sell our people. Equiano might very well be one of them.

Well, it might interest you to know that not only the Brits kept slave records. The french, spanish and portuguese also kept well-detailed records, all of which the term, 'Ibo' was well-recorded.

So if you are cynical about the Brits, are you also cynical about the French, Spanish and Portuguese as well?

Note that each of these nationalities tended to preferr certain slaves. The Brits preferred Igbo, Congolese, and Angolan slaves. That is why Igbo legacies left behind in the Americas are strongest in current English-speaking countries(former British colonies such as US, Jamaica, Anglophone Caribbean nations). The Portuguese preferred Yoruba(or Nago, Lukumi, Aku etc).

Equiano's slave account is a quite factual account. That you choose to write it off out of cynicism is left to you. His experience, indepth details, and knowledge of the Igbo customs of the 18th century are quite concrete to have been fabricated by the British as you'd rather believe. His observation of the striking similarity between Igbo customs of yore and Hebraic customs is striking, given that hundreds of years later, the same is still being said. That also proves his account valid to an extent.

His mentioning of his father's age grade group/title, Mgbirichi(Mbrenche) lends another strong factor. The same age grade/title exists in Imo state today. An area in Ohaji/Egbema LGA of Imo state exists, called 'Mgbirichi', along Owerri-PH road long after FUTO junction. The british couldn't have known a detail as minute as this.

Olauda Ikwuano's name is written in the annals of the world's notable men by the British.

It is my aim to bring to your realization the factual aspects of Equiano's(Ikwuano) account. Whether you choose to accept it or not is left you.

1 Like

Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by Antivirus92(m): 11:29pm On Oct 22, 2013
@op, let me correct u. The bini never founded any igbo community but many bini migrants settled among already existing igbo settlements. Don't make that mistake again. Secondly, igbo was a tribe bt now a nation. Igbos share many things in common. The only problem to united igbo history today are those "adopted" igbos especially at igbo borders. Like arochukwu,abiriba,onitsha,ngwa etc. They are mixture of igbos and non igbos and so is their culture.
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by Abagworo(m): 11:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Well, it might interest you to know that not only the Brits kept slave records. The french, spanish and portuguese also kept well-detailed records, all of which the term, 'Ibo' was well-recorded.

So if you are cynical about the Brits, are you also cynical about the French, Spanish and Portuguese as well?

Note that each of these nationalities tended to preferr certain slaves. The Brits preferred Igbo, Congolese, and Angolan slaves. That is why Igbo legacies left behind in the Americas are strongest in current English-speaking countries(former British colonies such as US, Jamaica, Anglophone Caribbean nations). The Portuguese preferred Yoruba(or Nago, Lukumi, Aku etc).

Equiano's slave account is a quite factual account. That you choose to write it off out of cynicism is left to you. His experience, indepth details, and knowledge of the Igbo customs of the 18th century are quite concrete to have been fabricated by the British as you'd rather believe. His observation of the striking similarity between Igbo customs of yore and Hebraic customs is striking, giving that hundreds of years later, the same is still being said. That also proves his account valid to an extent.

His mentioning of his father's age grade group, Mgbirichi(Mbrenche) lends another strong factor. The same age grade exists in Imo state today. An area in Ohaji/Egbema LGA of Imo state exists, called 'Mgbirichi', along Owerri-PH road long after FUTO junction. The british could have known a details as minute as this.

Olauda Ikwuano's name is written in the annals of the world's notable men by the British.

It is my aim to bring to your realization the factual aspects of Equiano's(Ikwuano) account. Whether you choose to accept it or not is left you.

Mgburishi is more of an Ozo title holder from Nri with the revered scarifications than Mgbirichi town in Ohaji and Equiano is not Ikwuano. The "oye ibo" used by Equiano is more reasonable if it was in reference to Aro slave dealers and not Igbos per say.
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by Dibiachukwu: 11:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Equiano's slave account is a quite factual account. That you choose to write it off out of cynicism is left to you. His experience, indepth details, and knowledge of the Igbo customs of the 18th century are quite concrete to have been fabricated by the British as you'd rather believe. His observation of the striking similarity between Igbo customs of yore and Hebraic customs is striking, giving that hundreds of years later, the same is still being said. That also proves his account valid to an extent.

His mentioning of his father's age grade group, Mgbirichi(Mbrenche) lends another strong factor. The same age grade exists in Imo state today. An area in Ohaji/Egbema LGA of Imo state exists, called 'Mgbirichi', along Owerri-PH road long after FUTO junction. The british could have known a details as minute as this.

Well from our own records. Most, if not all the slaves to the Americas (South -> North) were Igbo. From the Senegambian region to the Nigerian region. They were all Igbo. Even the ones that were taken to Angola were Igbos too (Google Igbos in angola). When those slaves got to America. They were stripped of their names. Do you really believe that, the same people that conspicuously stripped them of their names to hide their identity; would keep record of their identity. I put it to you, that they (The slavers) already knew their identity (Nigers according to the slavers), they kept record of the location (Igbo,Moko,Yoruba (OYO), Gambia, Senegalese, Angola). There were other black people there whom the white slavers used very conveniently, as spies and disciplinarians. These ones, sometimes had their own slaves too. Equaino had slaves. Was promoted by Britain. How did that happen? Listen this slavery thing was/is one big conspiracy.
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by Dibiachukwu: 11:46pm On Oct 22, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Posting a slaver's records of his slavery, is like quoting a Nigerian account of the Biafran civil war. Or a defendant, vouching for himself. It is unacceptable anywhere, anytime.
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by Dibiachukwu: 12:03am On Oct 23, 2013
Antivirus92: @op, let me correct u. The bini never founded any igbo community but many bini migrants settled among already existing igbo settlements. Don't make that mistake again. Secondly, igbo was a tribe bt now a nation. Igbos share many things in common. The only problem to united igbo history today are those "adopted" igbos especially at igbo borders. Like arochukwu,abiriba,onitsha,ngwa etc. They are mixture of igbos and non igbos and so is their culture.
You forgot nri-awka Kingdom, which is likely an extension of benin-idah kingdom. Awka is oka. And Oka is an important town in benin. Most of the peoples here might be Igbo but the "royalty" is not Igbo. Onitsha, and ngwa may have strangers amongst them but they are still majority Igbo. Delta and Rivers Igbos are very mixed (Though still majority Igbo) and very hard to distinguish . Aro is same with Nri/Awka with a mixture of Ibibio. And out of Aro came Abam, Nkanu, Item, Ohafia, Abiriba, Afikpo (All those peoples along these east flanks of Igboland). Central Igbo dwellers (heartland) are the least mixed Igbos. Though they still have Aro amongst them.
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by bigfrancis21: 12:12am On Oct 23, 2013
Abagworo:

Mgburishi is more of an Ozo title holder from Nri with the revered scarifications than Mgbirichi town in Ohaji and Equiano is not Ikwuano. The "oye ibo" used by Equiano is more reasonable if it was in reference to Aro slave dealers and not Igbos per say.

What then is Equiano? English old time spelling(Eboe), current spelling(Igbo), Old time spelling(Equiano), Modern Igbo spelling(Ikwuano). See the connection? Then, they frequently substituted 'I' with 'e' in such pronunciations. Notice that the British, since the English alphabet lacked alphabet 'kw', substituted 'kw' with 'q'. 'Kw' is the modern Igbo orthography. Kwa Ibo was spelt Qua Iboe but currently spelt Kwa Ibo. 'Q' and 'kw' are substitutes of each other. If we are to spell Equiano's name correctly using Modern Igbo orthography, it would be 'Ikwuano'.

I never said the Mbrenche was referring to Mgbirichi town in Ohaji. I was giving instances of its today's present usage.
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by bigfrancis21: 12:18am On Oct 23, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
Well from our own records. Most, if not all the slaves to the Americas (South -> North) were Igbo. From the Senegambian region to the Nigerian region. They were all Igbo. Even the ones that were taken to Angola were Igbos too (Google Igbos in angola). When those slaves got to America. They were stripped of their names. Do you really believe that, the same people that conspicuously stripped them of their names to hide their identity; would keep record of their identity. I put it to you, that they (The slavers) already knew their identity (Nigers according to the slavers), they kept record of the location (Igbo,Moko,Yoruba (OYO), Gambia, Senegalese, Angola). There were other black people there whom the white slavers used very conveniently, as spies and disciplinarians. These ones, sometimes had their own slaves too. Equaino had slaves. Was promoted by Britain. How did that happen? Listen this slavery thing was/is one big conspiracy.

@Bold...please that's your own personal records. Never has that being claimed orally by our grandparents or Igbos in general. African Americans are doing DNA testing, with results turning up Igbo, Congo, Angola(Mvibundu), Akan etc. Clearly, your 'records' are mere speculations and product of cynicism.

Igbo slaves were taken in quite substantial numbers(approximately 1.3 million), however it would be very wrong to claim what you just did.

Finally, when did the slave trade become a conspiracy? Do you just sit down thinking of what to accuse the british of? Honestly, your cynicism is getting out of hand.
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by bigfrancis21: 12:21am On Oct 23, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
Posting a slaver's records of his slavery, is like quoting a Nigerian account of the Biafran civil war. Or a defendant, vouching for himself. It is unacceptable anywhere, anytime.

How then can your great grand parents, who are your supposed 'sources of records', be present in Africa and know what happened in the Americas? Is their oral narration any more valid than written and documented sources?

"Because my great-grand mother, one aged woman who never left the shores of her village, told me that all the slaves taken from Gambia, Angola were Igbos therefore it is correct. Recorded and documented sources are therefore fake and fabricated".

I hear your thinking aright.
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by Dibiachukwu: 12:23am On Oct 23, 2013
bigfrancis21:

How then can your great grand parents, who are your supposed 'sources of records', be present in Africa and know what happened in the America? Is their oral narration any more valid than written and documented sources?

No my brothers, that were the slaves in the Americas gave their own records.They say it all the time.
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by Dibiachukwu: 12:36am On Oct 23, 2013
bigfrancis21:

@Bold...please that's your own personal records. Never has that being claimed orally by our grandparents or Igbos in general. African Americans are doing DNA testing, with results turning up Igbo, Congo, Angola(Mvibundu), Akan etc. Clearly, your 'records' are mere speculations and product of cynicism.

Igbo slaves were taken in quite substantial numbers(approximately 1.3 million), however it would be very wrong to claim what you just did.

Finally, when did the slave trade become a conspiracy? Do you just sit down thinking of what to accuse the british of? Honestly, your cynicism is getting out of hand.
Na, Listen. Who is doing all those dna testing? Do you know that Ibom to basically congo-south Africa(xhosa) are the same people. Having the same pattern of names. Igbo is not a people but a location. Our fathers told us that we came fleeing war from around this same senegambian area. The OYO/benin/IJO have a history of slaving Igbos. The fulani also have documentation of Igbo slaves. The calabar too. Then, when you go to angola you see rudiments of Igbos speaking an igboid language. And we know that slaves taken to Angola were not taken from Igboland. Igboland had slave raids until the British "supposed" abolition of slavery. This all can't be a mere coincidence. And I don't accuse the british of anything. Their actions accuse them of their crimes against my people.
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by bigfrancis21: 12:41am On Oct 23, 2013
^^^

All your above claims are unfounded and unheard of. My advice to you is to expunge such bizarre thoughts from your head.
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by ezeagu(m): 8:00am On Oct 23, 2013
Abagworo:

But the issue was whether Igbo or Eboe was a place or a people and Equiano clearly refers to some sort of people that were in contact with his people Oye-Eboe.
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by Abagworo(m): 9:15am On Oct 23, 2013
ezeagu:

But the issue was whether Igbo or Eboe was a place or a people and Equiano clearly refers to some sort of people that were in contact with his people Oye-Eboe.

One thing that needs to be cleared is that "Oye ebo" in that context meant "Red one". Ebo meant "red". Aro people used "Uhie" then to paint themselves and were distinguishable with their red color. Equiano in present day Igbo orthography should be Ekwuiano or Ikwuiano and not "Ikwuano".
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by Antivirus92(m): 2:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
You forgot nri-awka Kingdom, which is likely an extension of benin-idah kingdom. Awka is oka. And Oka is an important town in benin. Most of the peoples here might be Igbo but the "royalty" is not Igbo. Onitsha, and ngwa may have strangers amongst them but they are still majority Igbo. Delta and Rivers Igbos are very mixed (Though still majority Igbo) and very hard to distinguish . Aro is same with Nri/Awka with a mixture of Ibibio. And out of Aro came Abam, Nkanu, Item, Ohafia, Abiriba, Afikpo (All those peoples along these east flanks of Igboland). Central Igbo dwellers (heartland) are the least mixed Igbos. Though they still have Aro amongst them.
nri-awka does not have any ibibio,benin or aro settlement among them. Nri -awka are native igbos mixed alittle with igala. Never bini,ibibio or aro.
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by Antivirus92(m): 2:06pm On Oct 23, 2013
ezeagu:

that guy is confused. If equiano could refer to a certain people as oye-eboe. Then it means that igbo are a people and not location.
Re: The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. by Antivirus92(m): 2:07pm On Oct 23, 2013
ezeagu:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Evander Holyfield Visits Badagry To Trace His Roots / Whats With The H - Factor ? / Aju Festival Of Ugbo People. (IWA AKWA).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.