Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals - Music/Radio (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals (76065 Views)

Acoustic Guitarist Needed / Nigerian Guitarist Simeon Djagbo Was Born Without Fingers And Palms (photos) / A Thread For Pianists: Amateurs, Intermediaries, Professionals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by rapthugx(m): 4:08pm On Aug 26, 2015
Tunby:

Can you tell me where I can get it pls
It depends on your location u should get this in most shops that sell musical instrument
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by rockworldkoleyj(m): 4:49pm On Aug 27, 2015
pls can any one teach me how to solo pls.and pls i dnt knw mayb dis ws correct my tutor only teach me chord1;2;3;4;5;6; i dnt knw of all those fm,gm,sus,agg.any bdy to help
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by DammyOlu123(m): 5:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
Yep, just got my guitar. I'll be back soon. Duty calls...

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by igboboy3(m): 11:02pm On Aug 27, 2015
@DammyOlu123 . . . What is that copy of Davidson doing there? Na only you sabi jack shebi??
smiley
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Tunby(m): 4:01am On Aug 28, 2015
rapthugx:
It depends on your location u should get this in most shops that sell musical instrument
I need a specific place.I reside at Palm grove, Lagos. I've tried several places including Orpheus but they don't have Yamaha
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by snrr(f): 7:40am On Aug 28, 2015
Tunby:

I need a specific place.I reside at Palm grove, Lagos. I've tried several places including Orpheus but they don't have Yamaha
Try oshodi or preferably alaba int. market.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by DammyOlu123(m): 10:28am On Aug 28, 2015
igboboy3:
@DammyOlu123 . . . What is that copy of Davidson doing there? Na only you sabi jack shebi??
smiley

Lol smiley You have a good eye. Or you've read it so much, you know it on sight
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by DammyOlu123(m): 10:31am On Aug 28, 2015
Ah... I really like my new guitar. It's worth every kobo. Had a jam session with HyDef yesterday, and it seems like we're making progress with our skill. Hope to post something soon. smiley

1 Like

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Lero15(m): 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2015
Nastydroid:
26k but I negotiated with the guy and gave him 23k,there were other ones there but of less quality it was 20k

Where did you get yours please?
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 10:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
Hey guys, can you guys tell me the grade of the sound output of your acoustic guitars? I've played mine several times at church worship and I think its sound is great. However, I sometimes feel the bass level isn't strong enough compared to that of my band leader. By the way, my band leader plays with a Fender acoustic guitar.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by skjade: 9:44am On Aug 29, 2015
Pls am a learning too,i need some bass note,for nigerian songs.....pls write them in solfa notation
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by DammyOlu123(m): 10:22am On Aug 29, 2015
TonySpike:
Hey guys, can you guys tell me the grade of the sound output of your acoustic guitars? I've played mine several times at church worship and I think its sound is great. However, I sometimes feel the bass level isn't strong enough compared to that of my band leader. By the way, my band leader plays with a Fender acoustic guitar.

As for me, the sound output is excellent. Very clean and clear highs and miss. The bass is good too. The reason your band leader's bass sounds better might be because it's a Fender. They use the best quality wood and electricals.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 10:02pm On Aug 29, 2015
Lero15:

Where did you get yours please?
at oshodi ,one of the shops along agege motor road

1 Like

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Lero15(m): 10:05pm On Aug 29, 2015
Nastydroid:
at oshodi ,one of the shops along agege motor road
Thanks, bro.
I'm planning to buy semi acoustic
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 10:05pm On Aug 29, 2015
TonySpike:

So, your guitar is of dreadnought design also? That's interesting. ...
what is a dreadnought design?
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2015
Elegbede205:
Yeah paddies for about a year when this guitar thing started, i now have hearing issues.
I kno how to play on most keys without a capo(learnt some music theory), nd i perfected my barred chords, power chords, suspended chords and 7th chords. Still learning finger technique but am not into it... It all intresting and difficult tho...nastydroid aofa
bro am gud long time,you go don sabi handle ur guitar wella.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Elegbede205(m): 2:06pm On Aug 30, 2015
Nastydroid:
bro am gud long time,you go don sabi handle ur guitar wella.

na small tho, but people no dae feel me cos i dont play to nigerian songs.
I rili wana solo
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 2:37pm On Aug 30, 2015
Nastydroid:
what is a dreadnought design?

Dreadnought is the shape of the guitar box. A guitar looks like a giant pear from afar, but for a dreadnought, the pear shape has a groove at the top right corner. I hope you understand?
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by jayriginal: 3:28pm On Aug 30, 2015
How do you record your guitar

Kilokeys
TonySpike
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 5:40pm On Aug 30, 2015
jayriginal:

Kilokeys
TonySpike

I record using the mouth piece of my ear piece as mic input and along with the voice recorder app on my android. I prefer using the mic of my ear piece because of its low ambience noise.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by kilokeys(m): 5:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
jayriginal:

Kilokeys
TonySpike

tecno H7... the best sound recording phone i know. dolby sound
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by jayriginal: 5:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
kilokeys:

tecno H7... the best sound recording phone i know. dolby sound

Thanks.

I've always had problems recording because the phone mics don't pick up the essential frequencies of the guitar.

I'll have to find a work around.

By the way, nice chord melody. I do the same thing. I'll try and upload if I can get a decent recording.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by jayriginal: 5:49pm On Aug 30, 2015
TonySpike:

I record using the mouth piece of my ear piece as mic input and along with the voice recorder app on my android. I prefer using the mic of my ear piece because of its low ambience noise.

Thanks. I have to find a way round this obstacle at leastfor the short term.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by jayriginal: 7:15pm On Aug 30, 2015
http://www.solidfiles.com/d/53936a7a31/

Found this file on my phone. Recorded it long ago and forgot about it.

Wonderful World. Sound quality is not good and the playing is a bit off.

Kilokeys
TonySpike
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by kilokeys(m): 8:10pm On Aug 30, 2015
jayriginal:
http://www.solidfiles.com/d/53936a7a31/

Found this file on my phone. Recorded it long ago and forgot about it.

Wonderful World. Sound quality is not good and the playing is a bit off.

Kilokeys
TonySpike
the most beautiful thing ive heard all week. had tears in my eyes ( plus i just watching an indian film) grin
i love it.. bro add me on whatsapp... weve got files to swap 07084796868
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by jayriginal: 10:01pm On Aug 30, 2015
kilokeys:

the most beautiful thing ive heard all week. had tears in my eyes ( plus i just watching an indian film) grin
i love it.. bro add me on whatsapp... weve got files to swap

Hehehe bro

I used to play fur Elise like you too (wink wink). Am and Em with some finger picking

I'm adding you straightaway! Thanks for your kind words.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by jayriginal: 10:07pm On Aug 30, 2015
I did a rendition of the national anthem as well. Hope you like that. Its also among my old files. I'll try and upload it this night.

Kilokeys
TonySpike

Again, pardon the poor sound quality.

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/37e947cf0d/
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 10, 2015
Lookin 4 a lefthanded guitar here nd also sum help on hw to convert normal guitar chords to lefties chord, all i see online is da normal guitar chord
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by fairprince(m): 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
Pls how do I get a cheap guitar amp for practice in Nigeria? Is it possible to have one that runs on battery too or battery and electric combined? Just for practice at home and not something complicated.
Thanks for the contributions.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 4:21pm On Oct 04, 2015
Shared files from OneDrive
http://1drv.ms/1Z0KBOs.
download and reveiw
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 4:23pm On Oct 04, 2015
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by dwana91(m): 10:52pm On Oct 05, 2015
please who will teach me guitar?

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply)

Top Eight Sexiest Radio On Air Personalities(pics) / What Are You Listening To Right Now? / D'banj Fall In Love Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.