Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,172 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? (22911 Views)

Must You Add Maggi When Cooking Beans.......is It Hygienic ?? / Suya Sellers Dont Eat Suya. / How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by ophilly: 3:55pm On Oct 29, 2013
Lil chilz: pls what is suya??
Haba! even the people in the diaspora know about it. I'm aware there's a suya spot in central London
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Cabsso(m): 8:08pm On Oct 29, 2013
Lil chilz: pls what is suya??
is a type of game played by cow,goat,ram etc
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by plendil: 8:09pm On Oct 29, 2013
Here in Abakaliki, the best place to get good quality suya - ram, goat or cow is in Hausa quaters. At least here you know they are using the proper meat. Another popular seller stays at Udensi roundabout near the police station. Nothing can separate me from SUYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by plendil: 8:10pm On Oct 29, 2013
Where can one get good quality suya in Enugu?
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Cabsso(m): 8:12pm On Oct 29, 2013
Common disease can not kil African man get dat@op!
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by dhandsome(m): 3:28am On Oct 30, 2013
suya is sweet bt nt too hygeinic, health wise, suya harbours what we cal Teanea Saginata, an organism dat cause Teaneasis, if d meat is nt wel cooked the teanea saginata doesnt die and we all knw dat no one cuks d suya b4 d roasting or probably they do bt nt too wel, and roasting or frying doesnt kill d teanea, xo man is at risk of teaneasis thru suya. Its unethical. And even the hands dat fries it, we cnt tel its contamination, it cud b an HIV patient wit injury in d hands and d meat cn be affected. Xo pray hard oh, or enjoyment go land us 4 trouble. Suya dn dey hungry me now, roast na roast, i go roast my own meat jor. Lol

1 Like

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Abureson: 8:02am On Oct 30, 2013
iamdsam: I believe we're all familiar with the delicacy called Suya and I also believe most people here on Nairaland do eat the Suya delicacy which is eaten in almost all parts of the country. I do eat Suya sometimes even though I've only bought it once with my cash (nor laugh me o). Looking at the preparation of this Suya delicacy of how the meat is washed and sometimes I think it's not even washed before it's roasted, I do wonder whether it's hygienic to eat. Do you think it's hygienic to eat Suya?
Incase u r afraid i am glad 2 let u knw dat d germs in it dies during d fire process..chikenah... Suya swit well well
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by BonnyDominic: 9:32am On Oct 30, 2013
The hygiene depends on how it's been processed. Some animals(muscles) are infected with tapeworm which settle in their muscles without causing any harm until dey get into humans who is the primary host. So if d meat, pork or fish is not well cooked or roasted, d consumer is prone to get infected by T.saginata(in cow), T.solium in pig or Tenia..........in fish. Kilishi is still better cos of d dryness on heat but Suya which atimes taste raw or dos who cut and cook large piece of meat and call it enjoyment, may consume d cyst stages of dis parasite which only feed on soluble(digested food) in human, thereby making One to look like an HIV victim.

1 Like

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by cheche98(f): 2:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
linearity: As long as it is well cooked, roasted no shaking...

Any gem that was so unfortunate to follow the suya into the fire is now protein and a must eat delicacy.

Jokes apart, extreme temperatures on both ends of the scale kills every and any baterial, germ or disease...that is why well prepared Sushi are refrigerated over many days in high negative temperature and by the time they are served all germs are long dead but the fish remain fresh...same thing happen to suya on the other temperature extreme scale.
there are microorganisms that thrives in extreme environment/ temperatures. They have the ability to withstand extreme temperature. (extremophiles- thermophiles, halophiles etc). No matter how long you subject them to heat, they are still viable and likely to cause food poisoning. Refrigeration on the other hand,do not kill microorganisms. It only reduces/ slow down multiplication and metabolism. I.e it prevents further decay but does not eliminate the organism.
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by DaPinkHackeR(m): 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2013
Like suya like my life JOR!!

Don't have any problem eating it oo!!
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by emmabowin(m): 7:51am On Oct 31, 2013
iamdsam: I've never heard of smoke causing cancer. If true, then many Nigerians are on the verge of getting cancer
Smoke from cigarrette and roast/fried meat or fish contains organic compounds called polyaromatic hydrocarbons (PAH'S).some of these PAH'S are known carcinogens
It is therefore advisable that people reduce the intake of these food subtances.

1 Like

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Mustay(m): 12:19pm On Oct 31, 2013
emma bowin:
Smoke from cigarrette and roast/fried meat or fish contains organic compounds called polyaromatic hydrocarbons (PAH'S).some of these PAH'S are known carcinogens.

PAHs! You must be a chemist wink
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by emmabowin(m): 2:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
Mustay:

PAHs! You must be a chemist wink
That's my field bro,though am yet to graduate.
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by franklytrue(m): 10:02am On Nov 03, 2013
Isn't it 'sweet poison'? Vulture meat, rat meat, diseased meat and whatever. Some may not prepare it with good care.
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by uzuede4(f): 5:29pm On Jan 13, 2017
Op, no carry suya play with me oo.
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Probz(m): 7:48pm On Jan 13, 2017
I haven't heard the best things about the standard of kilishi prep at that GRA in Lokoga but suya's always been fine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage / What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy / Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.