Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,144 members, 7,821,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? (22920 Views)

Must You Add Maggi When Cooking Beans.......is It Hygienic ?? / Suya Sellers Dont Eat Suya. / How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by 76Naira(m): 7:32pm On Oct 28, 2013
No its not!

Just buy it and send to me.

Hehehehe.
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Joshthefirst(m): 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2013
Sermwell: thank you for what?? who ask you for literal translation?? Amebo!

See me see wahala o!! A whole guy dey do tatafo!
abeg take am easy. grin
I was just trying to help
grin grin
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by ireneidiva(f): 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2013
Red meat? Big no
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by oderemo(m): 7:47pm On Oct 28, 2013
The most unhygienic , unsafe food ever is this suya. Went to minna
In Niger state and saw one aboki preparin suya in the afternoon for the evening
Sale, must be about a million flies that surrounded this meat.
Ever since I promised myself not to eat suya again.
Meat is not 100% healthy anyway talk less of suya meat.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by ElhassanAuyo: 7:49pm On Oct 28, 2013
Whosoever doesn't like suya, do so becouse he/she don't know how palatable and delicious it is. Better to taste it before you pass judgement.
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 28, 2013
Joshthefirst: literal translation:
Hmmmm(as in hmmmm) adaobi, you will like sweet/free things o, I pity your boyfriend.

You can thank me later grin

Whats wrong with liking sweet things ? tongue
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 28, 2013
i only eat the onions, carbage, letus etc and leaves the suya meat(dog, vulture, cow, horse, camel etc) for the women to eat. U never can tell wich meat u are eating, so i enjoy seeing their faces and mouth as they mulch while i eat the vegetables.
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by emmabowin(m): 8:00pm On Oct 28, 2013
Smoke has since been linked to cancer.therefore smoked meat including suya,barbecue are possible cause of cancer.
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 28, 2013
iamdsam: I believe we're all familiar with the delicacy called Suya and I also believe most people here on Nairaland do eat the Suya delicacy which is eaten in almost all parts of the country. I do eat Suya sometimes even though I've only bought it once with my cash (nor laugh me o). Looking at the preparation of this Suya delicacy of how the meat is washed and sometimes I think it's not even washed before it's roasted, I do wonder whether it's hygienic to eat. Do you think it's hygienic to eat Suya?
is it hygienic to breathe air?
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Sermwell(m): 8:10pm On Oct 28, 2013
adaobi123:

Whats wrong with liking sweet things ? tongue
Adaobi just keep quite o! If you like sweet things buy for yourself and don't wait for some guyz somewhere to buy it for you!
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by everyday: 8:27pm On Oct 28, 2013
That thing dey pour on or suya is actually a mixture of maggi and suya.It can actually turn or belle
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by costandi(m): 8:27pm On Oct 28, 2013
evantical: Guys we should note that this suya has no NAFDAC number. Abokis conjure anything in the name of suya.I once bought suya that tasted so good , mehn I have to buy more the next day.But at a time I have to realize that this suya tastes is so sweet and I believe that Aboki added sacarine or something else and I didnt even feel well after eating much of it.So we have to be careful when buying suya.
Saccharin to suya Some people dey mad seriously.

1 Like

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Mustay(m): 8:54pm On Oct 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
You should be worried whether or not the meat is washed before it is roasted and not whether or not Suya is hygienic.

Whilst that is important, like roasted corn, like Suya, the use of charcoal as a source of heat for Suya is harmful to the health.
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by yelanst(m): 9:01pm On Oct 28, 2013
Please I don't mean to sound nasty here. Just figure this out. The aboki man or mallam as they are usually called, after peeing or poopooing will wash his thing with his bear hand and thereafter goes to dish out the suya to the next lucky customer. Heck. Anyway, It might be those particles of things from his thing,which he uses to garnish the suya, that makes the suya delicious as some of you in this forum testified. :

1 Like

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:29pm On Oct 28, 2013
Suya is the only thing I like about Aboki. This is natural meat and not genetical engineered flesh which cause cancer. Suya all the way
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by plendil: 9:52pm On Oct 28, 2013
everyday: That thing dey pour on or suya is actually a mixture of maggi and suya.It can actually turn or belle

then why is it red?
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Mustay(m): 10:03pm On Oct 28, 2013
yelanst: Please I don't mean to sound nasty here. Just figure this out. The aboki man or mallam as they are usually called, after peeing or poopooing will wash his thing with his bear hand and thereafter goes to dish out the suya to the next lucky customer. Heck. Anyway, It might be those particles of things from his thing,which he uses to garnish the suya, that makes the suya delicious as some of you in this forum testified. :

At least, the aboki has seized the initiative to wash his hands after peeing or pooing. You wonder why LASG is all of a sudden teaching our people to wash their hands after using the rest room to prevent further outbreak/spread of cholera. The aboki practising this isn't wrong, it's you that's not right! Left for me, the most important thing is washing his hands properly and not just rinsing. Now, isn't is nastier that the non-aboki doesn't even bother washing anything? I bet Dettol doesn't want to make an advert out of this bacteria alert scenario.
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Mustay(m): 10:13pm On Oct 28, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Suya is the only thing I like about Aboki. This is natural meat and not genetical engineered flesh which cause cancer. Suya all the way

Boli (plantain), roasted corn and pears, suya, cooking with firewood are in the same category. Their methods of preparation isn't safe for the health. Experts have continuously warned against such practices but then again, how practicable are they in the realities of the situations we find ourselves in? Government has not provided her people with greener alternatives to these methods that are commonplace amongst our people

The usual suya gets grilled using kerosene to fire the charcoal and the cancer-causing substances emanating from this method is already well documented. “No Western nation allows this to happen because of cancer; there is also a report which says that blacks are more pre-disposed to come down with the disease than non blacks,’ Ibru said.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php/features/food-a-drink/136667-barbecuing-your-way-to-healthier-tastier-foods
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by moshino(m): 11:25pm On Oct 28, 2013
yelanst: Please I don't mean to sound nasty here. Just figure this out. The aboki man or mallam as they are usually called, after peeing or poopooing will wash his thing with his bear hand and thereafter goes to dish out the suya to the next lucky customer. Heck. Anyway, It might be those particles of things from his thing,which he uses to garnish the suya, that makes the suya delicious as some of you in this forum testified. :

bare hands
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Vires: 11:40pm On Oct 28, 2013
suya and masa on my mind tongue
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by redsun(m): 2:07am On Oct 29, 2013
Germ no dey kill typical nigerians.All the dust and debris those suyas are exposed to will be enough to cause asthma epidemic in normal people,not to talk of stomach bugs.

1 Like

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by InvertedHammer: 3:35am On Oct 29, 2013
Judolisco: Avent seen it killing anybody its our food lets appreciate it
//

How do you know it hasn't killed anyone? We don't even know what kills people in Nigeria especially as there are
uncles in the village to blame for almost every ailment.

The ones that I am worried about are the ones that carry it about on their head. Sometimes they pour the source
in their mouth and spray it on the suya. Aboki wey probably never see chewing stick for the last 6 months.

Remember: E too sweet na im dey kill pass.

//

1 Like

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by haywhydaramson: 3:38am On Oct 29, 2013
No to suya. ;DNo to suya.
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by AnanseK(m): 6:16am On Oct 29, 2013
Generally food roasted in open fire is less harmful as germs do not resist those high temperatures. Suya preparation is relatively open and done in public so cheating is minimized. You have no idea what happens in the kitchen of your favorite restaurants or favorite mama put and bukaterias.
Besides the Aboki that prepares and sells suya has more fear of God than some others. If na my friend from .xxxx .. Who is selling suya undecided be sure you will eat suya from last month's left over and most of it would be donkey meat, dog meat , cats, rats etc. if they can sell fake drugs for sick people to take and die, why not fake suya/ sewer? We thank God for Aboki.

1 Like

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by iamdsam: 6:19am On Oct 29, 2013
tony ayo: @OP. I love suya well well o, it's not hygienic for some peeps though.
Ehen, there was this topic u posted in diary section which i wanted to comment on but couldn't and u needed other NLders to comment on too, i must advise u to re-post it in the romance section; there u'll get a reply cos diary is personnal no one is allowed to comment on another persons post, the topic of the post is: about u being a virgin at 20 or so.
By the way happy birthday!
I would do exactly that. Thanks for the birthday wishes. God bless!
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by nagoma(m): 6:58am On Oct 29, 2013
Do you remember the cases of the "RED SUYA SYNDROME " 30 years ago? There was a minor epidemic of hemolytic anaemia among the suya consumers (in lagos and Ibadan ) found to be due to an imported food additive used in "red suya" to enhance color. All people affected were found to have glucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency ( a common genetic enzyme deficiency among the black race). All those affected were treated and all recovered fully , no deaths from it.
this was in the days when Nigeria was a serious country with good education and good leadership. The research and diagnosis was conducted by Nigeria doctors in Nigeria and the medical discovery shared in journals around the world - including the prestigious Lancet.
If it happened today Suya eaters would die like chicken and no one would give a damn!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by segunoz(m): 7:03am On Oct 29, 2013
It is hygienic, once you soak it in dettol solution.... Yummy afterwards!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by fkaz(m): 7:11am On Oct 29, 2013
God just grant my wish

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Dagoma: 7:16am On Oct 29, 2013
...may be its because you don't have the money to buy, though to be fair some of them are not hygienic.
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by iamdsam: 7:23am On Oct 29, 2013
AKPAKA: Is it hygenic to respond to this topic?
Is that an Endtime question? #Endtime_team
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by mrspeaker: 7:24am On Oct 29, 2013
Just seeing the pix OMG i feel like eating it rite away menh mouth watering (yum yum) pls, can some lend me N200 to buy suya i will give it
back to him when dey pay us salary dis month end.
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by toprealman: 7:24am On Oct 29, 2013
Same goes to kebab and ALL take away......not very hygienic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage / What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy / Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.