Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,670 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN (39220 Views)

Change: World Now Listens When Nigeria Speaks (Photo) / Caption This Photo, World Now Listen When Nigeria Speaks (CHANGE) ??? / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 11:04am On Oct 25, 2013
ccollins: Here is a practical experience of one of my liberal colleague who does not believe in restriction or in enforcing old traditional values on anyone....

I have every little doubt from your argument pattern that you are surely an homosexual or have a loved one that is. undecided

I can tell. undecided
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 25, 2013
The laws of God and Man is a system designed not to have emotions but pass absolute judgements...........Gay people and pro-gay sympathetic people may not like it but well its a system its not based on what you like cool cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:39am On Oct 25, 2013
vire: The laws of God and Man is a system designed not to have emotions but pass absolute judgements...........Gay people and pro-gay sympathetic people may not like it but well its a system its not based on what you like cool cool cool cool
The laws of which god? Why is it relevant to anyone? Who says everybody believes Judeo-Christian fairytales? It's funny how the same people quick to vilify the decadence and debauchery of Western culture, are also quick to accept and adopt most of it's elements - from Western systems of government and education to Western religions to Western languages, fashion, technology, pop culture and entertainment. Not to mention give most Nigerians half a chance and they'd run to the same Western nations they love to deride. The hypocrisy is astonishing.

I'll be lying if I said I wouldn't find it awkward to have gay family members and I probably won't have a gay person as a best friend (maybe it's just because I've hardly met them). But I don't feel nearly the same derision many have for them and I can empathize a lot more with their situation. It's just amusing that your average Nigerian reserves far more revulsion for a gay person than the corrupt thieves robbing your economy. That's a very backward mentality to have. But you know what they say about people deserving the leaders they get, so......
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 25, 2013
ccollins:

No sir, you are coming with a wrong myopic view.. Am dissapointed in homosexual detractors who cannot distinct the nature of incest which is unacceptable and homosexuality... Homosexuality is about people who are not family members..
If anyone is free to do whatever he/she likes in the privacy of his/her room,What makes a father/mother sleeping with his/her daughter/son wrong, and homosexualism,right,if it's done by two consenting adults in private?
Why should the nature of incest be a problem to you?
What right do homosexuals have that a brother and a sister who sleeps with each other don't have?
Does incest pose more danger to the society than homosexualism?
And how did you come about the notion that,homosexuality is only about non family members? What do you call it,if father and son are sodomising eachother?
I'm not in support of incest,but please you pro-homos should stop saying,"whatever two consenting adults do in private is no one's business".
It's hypocritical.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ccollins(m): 12:02pm On Oct 25, 2013
Sagamite:

I have every little doubt from your argument pattern that you are surely an homosexual or have a loved one that is. undecided

I can tell. undecided

You do not know me and cannot conclude on my personal life you cannot even ever know... Fyi,you anti _ gay radicals have a dull memory to know that a person does not need to belong in a particular class before she /he supports such class I.e does a person need to be black or white before he/she speaks against racism
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ccollins(m): 12:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
enigma_otr:
If anyone is free to do whatever he/she likes in the privacy of his/her room,What makes a father/mother sleeping with his/her daughter/son wrong, and homosexualism,right,if it's done by two consenting adults in private?
Why should the nature of incest be a problem to you?
What right do homosexuals have that a brother and a sister who sleeps with each other don't have?
Does incest pose more danger to the society than homosexualism?
And how did you come about the notion that,homosexuality is only about non family members? What do you call it,if father and son are sodomising eachother?
I'm not in support of incest,but please you pro-homos should stop saying,"whatever two consenting adults do in private is no one's business".
It's hypocritical.

The above post you argued have no point and is very useless.. Why do we not ban heterosexual sex too for causing the abhorrent problems you stated simultaneously in ur post
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ccollins(m): 12:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
vire: The laws of God and Man is a system designed not to have emotions but pass absolute judgements...........Gay people and pro-gay sympathetic people may not like it but well its a system its not based on what you like cool cool cool cool

Oga op,where did you get false anti-gay synopsis from.. Abi u just dreamed of it,,nigeria may look into this gay thing later in future
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:17pm On Oct 25, 2013
One of the things that does irritate me most about the gay debate is the pretentions to moral superiority when some people sermonize about it. It's usually a mentality of "those disgusting, immoral Westerners want to bring their filth here". It's a laughable sentiment cos this country's global reputation is as low as it gets. "Nigeria" is a name that conjures ridicule among your average foreigner - from our neighbours, Ghana, down to the far Asian countries where we peddle drugs. Whether its human trafficking, drug trafficking, terrorism, systemic corruption, religious bigotry and its associated genocide, mob jungle justice, ritual murders, e-mail scams, church scams - I could go on all day - this country is filled with the lowest scu.m and pond life of the human race. I finished my youth service in June, where I was posted to a public senior secondary school in Lagos. During exam invigilations, you would be hard pressed in a class of 60 people to find a single soul that is not looking to cheat - and they're tacitly encouraged by many inept teachers. When I wrote my JAMB in 2006, I could swear that in a hall of over a hundred people, I only saw one young girl sitting quietly in her corner who wasn't misbehaving and trying to cheat, even as invigilators were hawking exam solutions in the hall. And for good measure, there was a "special centre" nearby where everyone is guided through the exam.

Majority of the anti-gay moralists here (I'm not saying "all") are likely cheats through school. That's the reality of the Nigerian situation.

This is a very rotten, rotten country to the core despite the paradox of the religious piety of your average Nigerian. The anti-gay crusade doesn't resonate with me in any way cos this country has FAR bigger issues of more relevance to me.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by pazienza(m): 2:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
Sagamite:

B'itch, are you reetarded? grin

Ewu, get over yourself. *grins*
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ravgach: 2:23pm On Oct 25, 2013
Donjazzy12: DISEASES OF THE GAY LIFESTYLE , BEFORE YOU DEBATE BLINDLY READ FOR YOURSELF!

On The Unhealthy Homosexual Lifestyle

The information contained in this article, is to say the least, heart-rendering! Every concerned and responsible governments, individual and organization, must do everything within its power to make these guys see seasons why this practice is actually a sure way to gradually extinction of humanity. It is carefully crafted design which God Himself is not going to allow to succeed. As men of goodwill, we must pray, persuade, encourage, dissuade, legislate and sanction people who practice this destructive lifestyle.

The way the proponents of this evil, demonic, disgusting, disease-prone and nation-destroying etc. lifestyle, go about it despite this startling exposition confirms the Biblical account of what happened in Sodom when these evil men demanded for angelic visitors of Abraham for sexual purposes. Despite being struck with blindness, they kept pushing to have these men.

"Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof. And they said, Stand back. And they said again, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a judge: now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door. But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door. And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door." Genesis 19:9-11
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by pazienza(m): 2:36pm On Oct 25, 2013
Donjazzy12:

@ first bolded it does not affect other people personally what happens to you whether you gave consent or not according to @wman's warped argument.

@ second bolded homosexuality encourages unsafe sexual practices that results in an abnormally large disease infected homosexual population.

Homosexuality is just as dangerous as drug addiction. Both lifestyles are not healthy. Why support one and leave the other?

Mr smart alec WHY DO HOMOSEXUAL FRIENDLY COUNTRIES LIKE THE US STILL CRIMINALIZE INCESTUAL MARRIAGES BETWEEN CONSENTING ADULTS? WHY ? WHY? WHY?

I don't really know the argument wman was puting up, i just saw that post of urs and decided to address it. What happens to you without your consent concerns everybody.

The majority of HIV positive individuals in Nigeria are heterosexuals, majority of who contacted the disease via vaginal sex, and vaginal sex remain the main risk factor for development of cervical cancer amongst women. So should we ban heterosexual sex? Or should we embark on health promotion and education to educate heterosexuals on how to avoid contacting HIV, and for the females educating them to refrain from having multiple sexual partners,encourage them to be having a regular pap smear, and then if possible provide HPV vaccines for the younger gals?

Homosexuality is not the same as homosexual sex, there is more to homosexualism than just sex, unless you are willing to accept that heterosexual relationships are just about sex, then will i agree with you that homosexual relationships is just about sex.

If you accept that heterosexuality is just about sex, then we can use your line of argument to condemn heterosexuality too, seeing that heterosexual lifestyle amongst Nigerians is responsible for high incidence of HIV in Nigeria, and is a major contributing factor for the prevalence of cervical carcinoma in our environment.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ravgach: 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
wman:

Common man. Drug addiction have led to the death of many. It has wasted so many useful souls who could have been of help to their country. Think about Macaulay Culkin, Majek Fashek, Lindsay Lohan e.t.c The cocaine and marijuana plants of South America release so many waste products that are harmful to man. Most drug lords are also involved in illegal purchase of arms also.

Tell me having an homosexual relationship would affect your productivity and intelligence. Think about people like Ellen Degeneres, Elton John, Frank Ocean, Wentworth Miller (Micheal Scofield of Prison Break) e.t.c

Hope you know the number of child prostitutes in the world or the number of human trafficking caused by prostitution or the prostitution related crimes perpetrated daily.

Still waiting for you to give me a reasonable side-effect of homosexualism.

@wnma: Please check out the report below:

There is no doubt the Bible declares homosexual conduct is sin (Romans 1:26-28).

i. The Bible condemns homosexuality in the same context as it condemns incest and bestiality (Leviticus 18:22, 20:13). If we ignore the word of God at the point of homosexual conduct, then we have no standing to say any of the other three sins are sin.

ii. Homosexual advocates have an interest in saying homosexuals are exactly like everyone else, except they love and have sex with people of their own gender. Yet when the conduct of homosexuals is observed, this is not the case.

iii. We can look at the statistics on the number of partners homosexuals have: 43% of homosexuals say they have had 500 or more sexual partners in their lifetime. Only 1% of homosexuals say they have had four or less sexual partners in their lifetime. According to the United States Department of Health and Human Services, 77% of homosexuals say they have met sexual partners in a city park, 62% in a homosexual bar, 61% in a theater, 31% in a public restroom. Only 28% of homosexuals said they had known their partners for at least a week before participating in homosexual sex.

iv. Undoubtedly, one of the reasons why males pursue and give in to homosexual desires is because they want to immerse themselves in a lifestyle of dangerous sex with no inhibitions or obstacles, and sense that sex with other men is an easier path to this. No wonder Paul connects “burning lust” and a debased mind with male homosexuality in Romans 1:27-28.

v. Homosexuals also have an interest in saying that up to 10% of the population is homosexual. But the most reliable statistics show only 2.3% of men in their 20’s and 30’s report ever having had a homosexual experience. Only 1.1% reported being exclusively homosexual. These low figures agree with several other surveys and those conducted in Britain and France.

vi. Homosexuals also have an interest in saying they were “born that way.” All attempts thus far to prove this have been based more on wishful thinking than solid biological research, but if it is found to be the case, so what? The Bible teaches we are all born with a predisposition to sin. It shouldn’t surprise us that some 2% of the population finds this predisposition expressed in homosexual desire.

vii. Homosexuals also have an interest in defining themselves as “gay,” a word that used to mean “happy” or “carefree,” but it is a poor description of a lifestyle that has such a high rate of death, disease, and suicide.

I leave you to your judgment if you still have any remaining.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2013
ccollins:
You do not know me and cannot conclude on my personal life you cannot even ever know... Fyi,you anti _ gay radicals have a dull memory to know that a person does not need to belong in a particular class before she /he supports such class I.e does a person need to be black or white before he/she speaks against racism

There are enough clues.

Further added to by no denial.

You sure do argue like someone with a personal association with homosexuality.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 3:29pm On Oct 25, 2013
Obi1kenobi: One of the things that does irritate me most about the gay debate is the pretentions to moral superiority when some people sermonize about it. It's usually a mentality of "those disgusting, immoral Westerners want to bring their filth here". It's a laughable sentiment cos this country's global reputation is as low as it gets. "Nigeria" is a name that conjures ridicule among your average foreigner - from our neighbours, Ghana, down to the far Asian countries where we peddle drugs. Whether its human trafficking, drug trafficking, terrorism, systemic corruption, religious bigotry and its associated genocide, mob jungle justice, ritual murders, e-mail scams, church scams - I could go on all day - this country is filled with the lowest scu.m and pond life of the human race. I finished my youth service in June, where I was posted to a public senior secondary school in Lagos. During exam invigilations, you would be hard pressed in a class of 60 people to find a single soul that is not looking to cheat - and they're tacitly encouraged by many inept teachers. When I wrote my JAMB in 2006, I could swear that in a hall of over a hundred people, I only saw one young girl sitting quietly in her corner who wasn't misbehaving and trying to cheat, even as invigilators were hawking exam solutions in the hall. And for good measure, there was a "special centre" nearby where everyone is guided through the exam.

Majority of the anti-gay moralists here (I'm not saying "all"wink are likely cheats through school. That's the reality of the Nigerian situation.

This is a very rotten, rotten country to the core despite the paradox of the religious piety of your average Nigerian. The anti-gay crusade doesn't resonate with me in any way cos this country has FAR bigger issues of more relevance to me.

And because of these we should integrate homosexuality?
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Donjazzy12(m): 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2013
ONE THING THE HOMOSEXUALS HAVE NOT BEEN UNABLE TO EXPLAIN IS THE BIOLOGICAL PURPOSE OF THEIR LUNACY!

WE HAVE ALREADY ESTABLISHED THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS A DISEASE RIDDEN LIFESTYLE THAT ENCOURAGES PROMISCUITY.

NOW WHAT USEFUL PURPOSE DOES THE HOMOSEXUAL LIFESTYLE SERVE?

APART FROM DISEASES LIKE HIV, ANAL CANCERS AND INCREASED RATE OF BOSOM CANCERS WHAT IS THE THAT USEFUL PURPOSE HOMOSEXUALITY PROVIDES?

THE WHOLE WORLD HAS BEEN BEDEVILED WITH ALL MANNER OF ILLS , WHY DID A WHOLE COUNTRY'S PRIME MINISTER(DAVID CAMERON) SEE HOMOSEXUALITY AS THE ONLY VIRTUE WORTH EXPORTING TO AFRICAN COUNTRIES?

WHY DOES THE WESTERN PRESS DO SO MUCH TO SUPPRESS THE DAMNING REPORTS OF OBVIOUS DANGERS OF HOMOSEXUALITY/

IF NOT THE DEVIL , WHOSE AGENDA ARE THEY SERVING?

WHY SHOULD NIGERIA GIVE ITS BACKING TO A LIFESTYLE THAT HAS NO KNOWN BENEFITS TO ANYBODY, A LIFE STYLE THAT GUARANTEES ONLY DISEASES AND PROMISCUITY?

WHY DO GULLIBLE NIGERIANS LIKE @wman GET EASILY DERAILED INTO SWALLOWING HOOK LINE AND SINKER THE SILLY ARGUMENTS FROM THE WEST IN SUPPORT OF HOMOSEXUAL LUNACY?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Obi1kenobi(m): 5:01pm On Oct 25, 2013
Sagamite:

And because of these we should integrate homosexuality?
Because of those, we should ignore trivialities like personal lifestyles and sexuality and face the real monstrous threats that plague this decadent, immoral society. You hate gay people? Simple avoid and ignore them. Don't make friends with them or join their gatherings and parties. They will always be a small minority of society so it's pretty easy. I'm sure there are a lot of Europeans that find the practice abhorrent but they're civil enough to tolerate it.

Sponsoring legislation criminalizing it is playing to the gallery and detracting from the REAL issues. We have the most inept legislature on the planet awho earn more than the US President for doing absolutely nothing. But I guess criminalizing homosexuality makes them an insightful band of visionary Einsteins. Applause to their Nobel worthy initiative shared by such bastions of free democratic, advanced human civilizations and morality like Somalia, Sudan and Niger. I'm proud of them.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ccollins(m): 5:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
Sagamite:

There are enough clues.

Further added to by no denial.

You sure do argue like someone with a personal association with homosexuality.

I still maintain my stance that you are just exponential abt my personal life and it will be foolish to say things abt someone you do not know because you are amazed by his strict views
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ccollins(m): 5:15pm On Oct 25, 2013
Donjazzy12: ONE THING THE HOMOSEXUALS HAVE NOT BEEN UNABLE TO EXPLAIN IS THE BIOLOGICAL PURPOSE OF THEIR LUNACY!

WE HAVE ALREADY ESTABLISHED THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS A DISEASE RIDDEN LIFESTYLE THAT ENCOURAGES PROMISCUITY.

APART FROM DISEASES LIKE HIV, ANAL CANCERS AND INCREASED RATE OF BOSOM CANCERS WHAT IS THE THAT USEFUL PURPOSE HOMOSEXUALITY PROVIDES?

THE WHOLE WORLD HAS BEEN BEDEVILED WITH ALL MANNER OF ILLS , WHY DID A WHOLE COUNTRY'S PRIME MINISTER(DAVID CAMERON) SEE HOMOSEXUALITY AS THE ONLY VIRTUE WORTH EXPORTING TO AFRICAN COUNTRIES?

WHY DOES THE WESTERN PRESS DO SO MUCH TO SUPPRESS THE DAMNING REPORTS OF OBVIOUS DANGERS OF HOMOSEXUALITY/

WHY SHOULD NIGERIA GIVE ITS BACKING TO A LIFESTYLE THAT HAS NO KNOWN BENEFITS TO ANYBODY, A LIFE STYLE THAT GUARANTEES ONLY DISEASES AND PROMISCUITY?

WHY DO GULLIBLE NIGERIANS LIKE @wman GET EASILY DERAILED INTO SWALLOWING HOOK LINE AND SINKER THE SILLY ARGUMENTS FROM THE WEST IN SUPPORT OF HOMOSEXUAL LUNACY?

Why write with caps on... It does not convey or prove your points
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 5:16pm On Oct 25, 2013
ccollins:
I still maintain my stance that you are just exponential abt my personal life and it will be foolish to say things abt someone you do not know because you are amazed by his strict views

You still are not denying it.

You are an homosexual?
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
Because of those, we should ignore trivialities like personal lifestyles and sexuality and face the real monstrous threats that plague this decadent, immoral society. You hate gay people? Simple avoid and ignore them. Don't make friends with them or join their gatherings and parties. They will always be a small minority of society so it's pretty easy. I'm sure there are a lot of Europeans that find the practice abhorrent but they're civil enough to tolerate it.

Sponsoring legislation criminalizing it is playing to the gallery and detracting from the REAL issues. We have the most inept legislature on the planet awho earn more than the US President for doing absolutely nothing. But I guess criminalizing homosexuality makes them an insightful band of visionary Einsteins. Applause to their Nobel worthy initiative shared by such bastions of free democratic, advanced human civilizations and morality like Somalia, Sudan and Niger. I'm proud of them.

We should ignore "trivilities"?

Really?

I sure hope you never end up running a government or anything in your life.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Donjazzy12(m): 5:33pm On Oct 25, 2013
ccollins:

Why write with caps on... It does not convey or prove your points
Nuts!
Cant disprove my points? resort to beating about the bush, Homosexual style?
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by wman(m): 5:50pm On Oct 25, 2013
Donjazzy12: ONE THING THE HOMOSEXUALS HAVE NOT BEEN UNABLE TO EXPLAIN IS THE BIOLOGICAL PURPOSE OF THEIR LUNACY!

All the arguments I gave you were mine. I don't care about any bullshi.t western propaganda.

David Cameron made motions toward terrorism, diseases in Africa, Economic activicties, Security, Women Empowerment e.t.c in Africa. Now you say the only virtue he exported was Homosexualism, I can clearly see how unbiased you are.

Alright fine the homosexual lifestyle is disease ridden. We don hear. Leave them alone to their disease ridden lifestyle as you called it. Its not your business. Shikena.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Donjazzy12(m): 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2013
wman:

All the arguments I gave you were mine. I don't care about any bullshi.t western propaganda.

David Cameron made motions toward terrorism, diseases in Africa, Economic activicties, Security, Women Empowerment e.t.c in Africa. Now you say the only virtue he exported was Homosexualism, I can clearly see how unbiased you are.

Alright fine the homosexual lifestyle is disease ridden. We don hear. Leave them alone to their disease ridden lifestyle as you called it. Its not your business. Shikena.

@bolded, you acknowledge the Homosexual lifestyle is disease ridden yet you want your country to give it legal backing?
Now we know the enemies of Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by wman(m): 5:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
ravgach:

@wnma: Please check out the report below:

There is no doubt the Bible declares homosexual conduct is sin (Romans 1:26-28).

i. The Bible condemns homosexuality in the same context as it condemns incest and bestiality (Leviticus 18:22, 20:13). If we ignore the word of God at the point of homosexual conduct, then we have no standing to say any of the other three sins are sin.

ii. Homosexual advocates have an interest in saying homosexuals are exactly like everyone else, except they love and have sex with people of their own gender. Yet when the conduct of homosexuals is observed, this is not the case.

iii. We can look at the statistics on the number of partners homosexuals have: 43% of homosexuals say they have had 500 or more sexual partners in their lifetime. Only 1% of homosexuals say they have had four or less sexual partners in their lifetime. According to the United States Department of Health and Human Services, 77% of homosexuals say they have met sexual partners in a city park, 62% in a homosexual bar, 61% in a theater, 31% in a public restroom. Only 28% of homosexuals said they had known their partners for at least a week before participating in homosexual sex.

iv. Undoubtedly, one of the reasons why males pursue and give in to homosexual desires is because they want to immerse themselves in a lifestyle of dangerous sex with no inhibitions or obstacles, and sense that sex with other men is an easier path to this. No wonder Paul connects “burning lust” and a debased mind with male homosexuality in Romans 1:27-28.

v. Homosexuals also have an interest in saying that up to 10% of the population is homosexual. But the most reliable statistics show only 2.3% of men in their 20’s and 30’s report ever having had a homosexual experience. Only 1.1% reported being exclusively homosexual. These low figures agree with several other surveys and those conducted in Britain and France.

vi. Homosexuals also have an interest in saying they were “born that way.” All attempts thus far to prove this have been based more on wishful thinking than solid biological research, but if it is found to be the case, so what? The Bible teaches we are all born with a predisposition to sin. It shouldn’t surprise us that some 2% of the population finds this predisposition expressed in homosexual desire.

vii. Homosexuals also have an interest in defining themselves as “gay,” a word that used to mean “happy” or “carefree,” but it is a poor description of a lifestyle that has such a high rate of death, disease, and suicide.

I leave you to your judgment if you still have any remaining.

Don't even bring the Bible into this. Not everyone is a Christian. We have Muslims, pagans, e.t.c

Prove that the homosexuals are more promiscuous than the heterosexuals.

Even they are its not a valid point why two gays/lesbians sleeping with each other in their private room should be jailed.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by wman(m): 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
Donjazzy12:

@bolded, you acknowledge the Homosexual lifestyle is disease ridden yet you want your country to give it legal backing?
Now we know the enemies of Nigeria.

Man the diseases are among themselves. You should have said all Lepers, HIV positive humans e.t.c should be jailed.

And if you believe homosexuals spread diseases more than heterosexuals, then you must be re.tarded
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2013

Biological purpose? So when you have sèx with your girlfriend, all you think of is how many babies she'll spit from her crötch, abi? What's the biological purpose of friends in general? You keep incessantly harping on about diseases as if homosexuality is the only cause of diseases and as if heterosexuals don't contract diseases. Woeful fallacy and epic fail right there. The only thing relevant is appropriate caution and prevention. Lesbians are less prone to HIV and most STI's than normal heterosexual relationships. I guess that should make heterosexuality unnatural and criminalized?

So the only thing the British exported and export to Nigeria is homosexuality? That's what you were taught in your own school, abi? Don't kid yourself, bro. The Brits and Western nations have brought a hell of a lot to your culture. If you want to lie to yourself about how they've brought nothing but "evil", na your wahala be that sha.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Donjazzy12(m): 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
wman:

Don't even bring the Bible into this. Not everyone is a Christian. We have Muslims, pagans, e.t.c

Prove that the homosexuals are more promiscuous than the heterosexuals.

Even they are its not a valid point why two gays/lesbians sleeping with each other in their private room should be jailed.
YOUR THICK SKULL HAVE NOT YET EXPLAINED WHY YOUR GOD THE AMERICANS JAIL TWO CONSENTING ADULT BROTHERS AND SISTERS WHO SLEEP TOGETHER IN THEIR PRIVATE ROOMS. Yeah, dodge all you want but this question will never go away!
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Beync(f): 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2013
Hehehe, tell me one shameful practice that some people will never accept practising it but will defend the act with their last strength, homosexualism. That's how disgusting and disgraceful homosexualism is especially in this context, you people will never see the day light in this part of the world. Go to America or uk and practice not here.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by wman(m): 6:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
The only reason I even agreed that the homosexual lifestyle is disease ridden is because I got sick of your silly arguments.

I've explained to you that most of them enjoy back-door entry without condoms. Once they all start using condoms we won't talk about STDs.

And I sure that you also realize that STDs are spread more rapidly among heterosexuals than homosexuals.

Maybe we should start jailing those who engage in pre-marital sex and those who cheat on their partners also. We could also put a regulation that anyone who has sex without condoms should be jailed.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Donjazzy12(m): 6:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
wman:

Man the diseases are among themselves. You should have said all Lepers, HIV positive humans e.t.c should be jailed.

And if you believe homosexuals spread diseases more than heterosexuals, then you must be re.tarded
Their lifestyle exposes other people to those diseases because quite a number of them still cross over and spread the disease to the unsuspecting opposite sex. Sorry to burst you bubble but unless America gives reasons why it jails family members who practice incest, and criminalize polygamy, then they have nothing to prove.

You a Nigerian who gets a kick out of defending evil and negative lifestyles will meet your judgement sooner or later.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by wman(m): 6:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
Donjazzy12:
YOUR THICK SKULL HAVE NOT YET EXPLAINED WHY YOUR GOD THE AMERICANS JAIL TWO CONSENTING ADULT BROTHERS AND SISTERS WHO SLEEP TOGETHER IN THEIR PRIVATE ROOMS. Yeah, dodge all you want but this question will never go away!

Nigge.r please read the Wikipedia page the other guy posted on inces.t The page stated that 90% of American states do not jail two consenting adults who are both over 18 years old for inces.t.

I hope you also realize that not all american states marry homosexuals legally but none of them have a jail term for two lesbians/gays sleeping with each other.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
Sagamite:

We should ignore "trivilities"?

Really?

I sure hope you never end up running a government or anything in your life.
They are RELATIVE trivialities.
I'll never end up running government cos:
1) it doesn't interest me.
2) people like me aren't in the government - or they're pitifully few. That's why the country is the rotten, decadent, corrupt mess it is while some obsess over who is doing it with who and what hole they're doing it in. Trivialities.cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Buhari’s Directive On Salary Payment Impossible – AGF / Supreme Court: Imo Youths Storm The Streets For Governor Hope Uzodinma / Oba Akintunde Akinyemi Supports Igbo Presidency, Rejects Tinubu’s ‘Ambition’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.