Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? (23588 Views)

The Good 80s: Just What Is Your Taste In MUSIC? / For Those That Appreciate Quality Videos This Is The Very Video For Your Taste. / The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by yfo: 7:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
Aliki: Your type of music may reflect your personality, but not how intelligent you are. Personally, I see Lil' Wayne as a genius, same as 2pac! Our best rappers here in Nigeria are still way far behind, in comparison to beats and lyrics these guys produced several years back.

You just had to beat me to this right angry....now it would seem as though I plaigarised your post sad
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 23, 2013
to a greater extent it does ooo. there's this feeling of satisfaction and friendliness when u meet someone who listen to dsame selection of music like u do. there are particular kind of music dat does suit some particular situation. for me, blues, rock and jazz music are my brand and they help me reason well and to achieve serenity. Phil Collins and Kenny G are d bomb.
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 23, 2013
to a greater extent it does ooo. there's this feeling of satisfaction and friendliness when u meet someone who listen to dsame selection of music like u do. there are particular kind of music dat do suit some particular situation. for me, blues, rock and jazz music are my brand and they help me reason well and to achieve serenity. Phil Collins and Kenny G are d bomb.
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Zukoslim(m): 7:51pm On Oct 23, 2013
Op...no comment..buh 4 sum1 who listenz 2 raggae and weed on d ryt hand,brain on cloud 9...whr do u end up?
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by oladistinct(m): 7:51pm On Oct 23, 2013
BabaAlabi:
True...but do you call the crap Lil Wayne sings 'Rap'? Generalization is dangerous but the facts are there. Majority of people who love listening to Lil Wayne or Terry G are not that bright.
i disagree with you totally. Afterall nothing is good, nothing is bad, all are just products of thinking
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by joeekuns(m): 7:51pm On Oct 23, 2013
bknight: Rather its the IQ that determines what kind of music one listens to, I think.

A man's higher IQ may lead him to listen to Ebenezer Obey. A man with lower IQ might consider the lyrics/thoughts in the lyrics dull, so he opts for Obesere.

Well, intelligent or not we all have right to live and enjoy life through music, so to each his own. Intelligence doesn't guarantee u 100yrs on earth

[quote author=vivacious
vivi]I have heard this argument before. Some
pals of mine were arguing about Jazz and
Hip Hop and its possible effects on one's
intelligence quotient. I beg to differ here
simple because I don't really like
generalizations and also because
population samples taken for Studies
such as these are most times, flawed.
Nevertheless, the facts seem to show it
but I still disagree.undecided

I tend to agree with this people because generalization does not really get answers. The kind of music you listen to does not determine your IQ rather it determines your mood. I used to have a friend back in school days who loved listening to blues most especially one by Celine Dion but she wasn't bright at all, so i beg to disagree.
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Flygeriansteve: 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2013
Very true. If you listen to the contemporary Nigerian afropop cacophony MOST OF THE TIME, chances are that you won't be so intelligent. It's always tupatupatupa. And the retarded rhymes? WTF is limpopo, peretete, vavavoom, mukulu? The more you listen to these meaningless songs, the more your senses are dulled by their repetitive inane lyrics. How would you listen to Coldplay or The Fray and not think? Rock is it for me. Rap is watery nowadays. Old school is precious. I even listen to symphonies and classical music and leave Skelewu and Azonto, Alingo et al for club houses and dance floors.
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by MARtee(m): 7:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
I tink it z more of d personz personality

1 Like

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by mazizitonene(m): 7:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
Op music has no negative effect on intelligence rada i fnk itx positive...I for one lyk music 4rm literally all genres as far as itx gud music, itx gud music!....and am considered very, highly intelligent by fwnds and colleagues. Doctor in d making
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:03pm On Oct 23, 2013
I listen to trad. music.

But that does not mean i have bush mentality.
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by iamdsam: 8:13pm On Oct 23, 2013
lalaboi:

Its hard to explain. The type of music you listen to does not show how smart you are. well, what i think anyway

Smart and Dumb people can enjoy the same type of music at any time.

Just because one does not pass Jamb does not mean he is not intelligent. Different reasons can be the cause. Definitely not music
You're simply right
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 23, 2013
Imagine people saying lil wayne isnt creative or have intelligent rap verses. His song "Bi**ches love me" no matter how sexual it is as a very intelligent verses. Check out the first verse esp the bolded

Uh, pussy ass nigga stop hating
Lil Tunechi got that fire
And these hoes love me like Satan, man!
Yeah, mess with me and get bodied
And all she eat is di.ck
She's on a straight diet, that's my baby

With no makeup she a ten
And she the best with that head
Even better than Karrine
She don't want money
She want the time we could spend
She said, "Cause I really need somebody
So tell me you're that somebody"
Girl, I Bleep who I want and Bleep who I don't
Got that A1 credit and that fillet mignon
She said, "I never wanna make you mad
I just wanna make you proud."
I said, "Baby just make me cum,
Then don't make a sound."

And the second verse

Uh, real nigga Bleep these haters
These hoes got pussies like craters
Can't treat these hoes like ladies, man!
Pussy, money, weed, codeine
She say my dick feel like morphine
I hope my name taste like sardines to these niggas
She wake up, eat this di.ck
Call that breakfast in bed
69, 96
I feel her heartbeat
I chest to chest with this bi.tch
Now turn around, face down
I'm arrestin' this bi,tch

Yeah, all my bitches love me
And I love all my bitches
But it's like as soon as I cum
I come to my senses
And I would say these hoes' names
But then I would be snitching
And these haters try to knock me
But they can't knock me off the hinges, man!
(Tunechi!)
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by iamdsam: 8:18pm On Oct 23, 2013
BabaAlabi:
True...but do you call the crap Lil Wayne sings 'Rap'? Generalization is dangerous but the facts are there. Majority of people who love listening to Lil Wayne or Terry G are not that bright.
Na who tell you say people wah dey listen to artists like Lil Wayne dull
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by iamdsam: 8:23pm On Oct 23, 2013
Willgates: just because someone is writing JAMB for the fourth time doesn't mean he's got an abysmal I.Q. And did you just say lil Wayne's songs? damn! the manner at which that guy plays with words is simply incredible! If u don't like his songs it's because u have a low I.Q already
Thank you very much for this your comment! The way Lil Wayne coins words is very very incredible and amazing. Only a brilliant person can coin words like that. And only brilliant and bright brains can also rap songs by him. Those like me who listen to his songs are bright and intelligent.
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:24pm On Oct 23, 2013
iamdsam: Thank you very much for this your comment! The way Lil Wayne coins words is very very incredible and amazing. Only a brilliant person can coin words like that. And only brilliant and bright brains can also rap songs by him. Those like me who listen to his songs are bright and intelligent.

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by iamdsam: 8:26pm On Oct 23, 2013
She say I drive her crazy. I say just put on your seat belt (on a factual sense, it's reasonable). Only a dummy that would say verses by Lil Wayne aren't reasonable. Probably the O.P is...
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by betrani(m): 8:26pm On Oct 23, 2013
kekakuz: people who listen to soft rock are matured and emotional
i dont know about others
How about those that listen to classical and jazz? Yanni, enya kenny G etc etc
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by bizfirst: 8:31pm On Oct 23, 2013
Really, listening to some daft musician proves you are a daft yourself. Does it not? Otherwise, why would you be listening to him/her? Especially when the noise being made contains no musical value?

Same with Nigerian films...I've found out that lovers of Nollywood are mostly empty...or can that trash appeal to a superior intellect?
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:32pm On Oct 23, 2013
#bizfirst#:
Really, listening to some daft musician proves you are a daft yourself. Does it not? Otherwise, why would you be listening to him/her? Especially when the noise being made contains no musical value?

Same with Nigerian films...I've found out that lovers of Nollywood are mostly empty...or can that trash appeal to a superior intellect?

How do you rate a musician? What makes a Musician Daft?!
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by chygoz3(m): 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
I am one strange Nigerian when it comes to the kind of music I listen to. I've got Mozart, Handel, Haydn, Beethoven, Yanni in my collection. Other than those, I listen to mostly rock and then some pop music. I pity anyone that goes through my phone's playlist in search of songs to play. What does that say about me?
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
i dont know if your choice of music affects intelligence, but my listening to reggae music has changed and influenced the way i think. It has helped me to relate to my self and surroundings as a true African. Bob Marley nd Lucky dube......just wished they were alive!

1 Like

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by betrani(m): 8:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
chygoz3: I am one strange Nigerian when it comes to the kind of music I listen to. I've got Mozart, Handel, Haydn, Beethoven, Yanni in my collection. Other than those, I listen to mostly rock and then some pop music. I pity anyone that goes through my phone's playlist in search of songs to play. What does that say about me?
If there was no rock I probably would have something to say about u! Now that there is rock I would say ur complicated

1 Like

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:39pm On Oct 23, 2013
rasojie: i dont know if your choice of music affects intelligence, but my listening to reggae music has changed and influenced the way i think. It has helped me to relate to my self and surroundings as a true African. Bob Marley nd Lucky dube......just wished they were alive!

Has it also made you have a new found respect for the 'herb of life'?! grin

1 Like

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by busterr(m): 8:39pm On Oct 23, 2013
Since when do we start using jamb to measure intelligence?? Nigeria is bleeped up and so are their major exams
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by yusufu16: 8:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
Pop

While pop music lovers are hard-working and have high self-esteem, researchers suggests that they tend to be less creative and more uneasy.

Rap and Hip/Hop

In spite of the stereotype that rap lovers are more aggressive or violent, researchers have actually found no such link. Rap fans do tend to have high self-esteem and are usually outgoing.

Country

Country music fans are typically hardworking, conventional and outgoing. While country songs are often centered on heartbreak, people who gravitate towards this genre tend to be very emotionally stable.

Rock / Heavy Metal

Despite the sometimes aggressive image that rock music and heavy metal project, researchers found that fans of this style of music are usually quite gentle. They tend to be creative, but are often introverted and may suffer from low self-esteem.

Indie

Do you love seeking out obscure bands and indie artists? Fans of the indie genre are typically introverted, intellectual and creative. According to researchers, they also tend to be less hard-working and less gentle. Passivity, anxiousness and low self-esteem are other common personality characteristics.

Dance

Do you love the fast-paced rhythms of dance music? According to researchers, people who prefer dance music are usually outgoing and assertive.

Classical

Classical music lovers are typically more introverted, but are also at ease with themselves and the world around them. They are creative and have a good sense of self-esteem.

Jazz, Blues and Soul

People who enjoy jazz, blues or soul music were found to be more extraverted with high self-esteem. They also tend to be very creative, intelligent and at ease.

The next time you are putting together a playlist to listen to during your commute or workout, consider how your personality might be reflected in your song choices.
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by TheLastNazgul(m): 8:45pm On Oct 23, 2013
12 inches!:
Imagine people saying lil wayne isnt creative or have intelligent rap verses. His song "Bi**ches love me" no matter how sexual it is as a very intelligent verses. Check out the first verse esp the bolded

Uh, pussy ass nigga stop hating
Lil Tunechi got that fire
And these hoes love me like Satan, man!
Yeah, mess with me and get bodied
And all she eat is di.ck
She's on a straight diet, that's my baby

With no makeup she a ten
And she the best with that head
Even better than Karrine
She don't want money
She want the time we could spend
She said, "Cause I really need somebody
So tell me you're that somebody"
Girl, I Bleep who I want and Bleep who I don't
Got that A1 credit and that fillet mignon
She said, "I never wanna make you mad
I just wanna make you proud."
I said, "Baby just make me cum,
Then don't make a sound."

And the second verse

Uh, real nigga Bleep these haters
These hoes got pussies like craters
Can't treat these hoes like ladies, man!
Pussy, money, weed, codeine
She say my dick feel like morphine
I hope my name taste like sardines to these niggas
She wake up, eat this di.ck
Call that breakfast in bed
69, 96
I feel her heartbeat
I chest to chest with this bi.tch
Now turn around, face down
I'm arrestin' this bi,tch

Yeah, all my bitches love me
And I love all my bitches
But it's like as soon as I cum
I come to my senses
And I would say these hoes' names
But then I would be snitching
And these haters try to knock me
But they can't knock me off the hinges, man!
(Tunechi!)
. Where's the intelligence in these lyrics? Maybe I should send out a search party cos I can't find them.

1 Like

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
Okija_juju:

Has it also made you have a new found respect for the 'herb of life'?! grin

Yes it did, i started following the rastafarian faith. I was greatly influenced by Bob Marley, and so i had to make use of the herb
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by mazizitonene(m): 8:54pm On Oct 23, 2013
Em....u guys shud ask weda mike adenuga signing dose musicians as ambassadors is dull!.....or d corporat companies paying dem for shows, ask if dia owners are daft......so dey r dumb, with low iq level and dey r making so much money and making ds artistes rich...silly people!
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 23, 2013
The Last Nazgûl: . Where's the intelligence in these lyrics? Maybe I should send out a search party cos I can't find them.
U apparently aren't intelligent enough. You're the kind of person one will tell a joke and will still have to explain the joke too.
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by TheLastNazgul(m): 9:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
12 inches!:

U apparently aren't intelligent enough. You're the kind of person one will tell a joke and will still have to explain the joke too.
. Maybe the definition of intelligence is relative. If the joke is humorless,you'd obviously have to explain it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meaning Of The "Mirror" Music Video By Lil Wayne (feat. Bruno Mars). / An Unbiased Review Of The 15th Headies Award By TrendyBeatz / Vector Ft Davido – 'Comfort'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.