Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,438 members, 7,954,736 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:12 AM

Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks (12333 Views)

Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson / Buhari Arrives London On Charm Offensive - Newsweek London / Presidency Sets-up Task-force On Ezekwesili's Remarks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 23, 2013
A petition has been created on change.org to make Senator Cruz aware that he has offended the Nigerian community and needs to apologize for his distasteful remarks.

Nigeria may not be perfect, but neither is any nation. Our imperfection gives no one any right to mud sling us, most especially a US senator, who is supposedly esteemed.

Please sign!

Senator Ted Cruz, Apologize For Your Offensive Remarks to the Nigerian Community!

5 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by vedaxcool(m): 7:32pm On Oct 23, 2013
Make we try our luck see wetin go happen!

Signed!

4 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by homesteady(m): 7:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
Signed cool

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 23, 2013
Signed!
Ted Cruz would be much more guarded in his public utterances in the future.

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 23, 2013
If he doesn't apologise, then what?

Whatever happened to the petition about the "child marriage law?"

Nigerians and focusing on the most trivial things. He said whatever he said, so what? How about sign petitions against those who destroyed the past, present and future of those millions of Nigerians sending spam mails everywhere? Charity they say begins at home. Ted Cruz has never hurt any Nigerian, neither has he stolen from Nigerians. He was speaking metaphorically, or should I say, figuratively. And he owes no one an apology.

I guess I'll never understand the mentality/experience of Nigerians
PS: Pls, leave my post alone, if you can't discuss the topic. "Diss me and I won't reply" - Drake.

34 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 23, 2013
Signed

2 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2013
shymexx: If he doesn't apologise, then what?

Whatever happened to the petition about the "child marriage law?"

Nigerians and focusing on the most trivial things. He said whatever he said, so what? How about sign petitions against those who destroyed the past, present and future of those millions of Nigerians sending spam mails everywhere? Charity they say begins at home. Ted Cruz has never hurt any Nigerian, neither has he stolen from Nigerians. He was speaking metaphorically, or should I say, figuratively. And he owes no one an apology.

I guess I'll never understand the mentality/experience of Nigerians
PS: Pls, leave my post alone, if you can't discuss the topic. "Diss me and I won't reply" - Drake.

Then we can say we tried.

To you it's trivial. Yes, there are bigger issues occurring in Nigeria, but that's no reason to give him or anyone else a free pass.

28 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by gbanikiti(m): 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ogugua,there are many issues disturbing nigerians right now for us to sign petitions against.I don't know why you are carrying this statement by Cruz on your head.

6 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 23, 2013
gbanikiti: Ogugua,there are many issues disturbing nigerians right now for us to sign petitions against.I don't know why you are carrying this statement by Cruz on your head.

An offensive remark was made in my country about my country of origin by a senator voted to public office. That could be why. He needs to be held accountable.

12 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by ifyalways(f): 8:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
Signed .

Right after adaobi San F cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by ifyalways(f): 8:02pm On Oct 23, 2013
Erhm,can i sign for my children,cousins and entire village ? As in,can i sign more than once ? angry

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by gbanikiti(m): 8:02pm On Oct 23, 2013
ogugua88:

An offensive remark was made in my country about my country of origin by a senator voted to public office. That could be why. He needs to be held accountable.
and after signing this petition he doesn't apologize,what next? Storm the american embassy with placards and shout "we no go gree o,we no go gree!! I would have expected you open a thread about ASUU strike and let our voices be heard by signing a petition. I taya for you o!

Just an advice Ogugua,you nigerian-americans should stage a protest to white house and protest. We in nigeria have a lot of problems hovering our heads already. grin

13 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Sloan: 8:04pm On Oct 23, 2013
Signed the thing! That guy should be arrested and used to mop the floor! Useless white racist foo.ol! angry angry angry I wonder why someone did not punch out his teeth and gouge out his racist eyes! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Sloan: 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2013
gbanikiti: and after signing this petition he doesn't apologize,what next? Storm the american embassy with placards and shouting "we no go gree o,we no go gree!! I would have expected you open a thread about ASUU strike and let our voices be heard by signing a petition. I taya for you o!

How can I see that my name appears on the list?? I fill it in, click sign and it doesn't take me to another page, is that normal?
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by ifyalways(f): 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2013
gbanikiti: and after signing this petition he doesn't apologize,what next? Storm the american embassy with placards and shouting "we no go gree o,we no go gree!! I would have expected you open a thread about ASUU strike and let our voices be heard by signing a petition. I taya for you o!
live and let live,Gbankiti.

Gbanu nkiti,all of us have different priorities in life. Start your own petition for whatever you deem important. Uche wu akpa,onye o bula nya nke ya. smiley Your ceiling can be my floor and vice versa. . .na so life be.

6 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 23, 2013

Just an advice Ogugua,you nigerian-americans should stage a protest to white house and protest. We in nigeria have a lot of problems hovering our heads already. grin

"We in Nigeria" have a lot of problems and can't sign, yet you're expecting "I of diaspora" to start an ASUU protest?

11 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 23, 2013
ifyalways: Erhm,can i sign for my children,cousins and entire village ? As in,can i sign more than once ? angry

Lol you can.
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 23, 2013
Nigerian Texans are already bombarding his office with phone calls. Hopefully others from other states will join as well.
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
Signed!

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by gbanikiti(m): 8:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
ifyalways: live and let leave,Gbankiti.

Gbanu nkiti,all of us have different priorities in life. Start your own petition for whatever you deem important. Uche wu akpa,onye o bula nya nke ya. smiley Your ceiling can be my floor and vice versa. . .na so life be.
ok nne m,I wish you good luck! I hope the senator apologizes. Carry go,nothing do you! grin cool
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by gbanikiti(m): 8:12pm On Oct 23, 2013
ogugua88:

"We in Nigeria" have a lot of problems and can't sign, yet you're expecting "I of diaspora" to start an ASUU protest?
what's wrong if you start an ASUU protest? Are you not a nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 23, 2013
gbanikiti: what's wrong if you start an ASUU protest?

What's wrong if you sign?

8 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 23, 2013
"Everything is bigger in Texas". Apparently, stupidity is also bigger in Texas.

7 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by gbanikiti(m): 8:16pm On Oct 23, 2013
ogugua88:

What's wrong if you sign?
abeg modify the title of your thread. It sounds more like pidgin. tongue

5 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 23, 2013
ogugua88: A petition has been created on change.org to make Senator Cruz aware that he has offended the Nigerian community and needs to apologize for his distasteful remarks.

Nigeria may not be perfect, but neither is any nation. Our imperfection gives no one any right to mud sling us, most especially a US senator, who is supposedly esteemed.

Please sign!

Senator Ted Cruz, Apologive For Your Offensive Remarks to the Nigerian Community!

True.

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by OgaCarrot: 8:38pm On Oct 23, 2013
Send me MTN 100 naira first..

cool

6 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by globalaid(m): 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2013
Signed

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by donphilopus: 9:01pm On Oct 23, 2013
If I'm told to sign a anything to relieve Oduah of her appointment, I'll do.

There are so many crucial issues we should sign not this..
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by LordReed(m): 9:09pm On Oct 23, 2013
Err, does one need to sign in/create a profile first?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Seal Kogi Assembly Complex Over Crises / Plot To Remove Dogara As Speaker Causes Tension In House Of Reps / Amosun is owing us 3 yrs Salaries , TASCE Workers Protest Over Unpaid Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.