Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,076 members, 7,838,718 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks (12254 Views)

Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson / Buhari Arrives London On Charm Offensive - Newsweek London / Presidency Sets-up Task-force On Ezekwesili's Remarks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Gold2NairaCom(m): 9:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
I have signed my petition.

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 23, 2013
But Nigerians ARE scammers!

Why didn't you start this petition when Colin Powell was dancing to Yahoozee in 2008?

Abi you want to say you don't know what that song was about?

7 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Iaz93: 10:05pm On Oct 23, 2013
LMAO!!!
He should apologize for saying the truth?!

grin grin grin grin angry

7 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
Lord_Reed: Err, does one need to sign in/create a profile first?

No I don't think so.
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 23, 2013
stoopid thread. nigerians and their empty head sha.

4 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by tellwisdom: 12:16am On Oct 24, 2013
Nigerians?? Ok bye angry
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Ajibel(m): 12:43am On Oct 24, 2013
Not signing. Until Jonathan stops comparing my country with war-ravaged countries like Somalia and apologise for doing so angry Not funny.

Buh that flat-headed Sinator Cruz is an unpythonic person, IMHO angry
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Yvete(f): 2:44am On Oct 24, 2013
Signed. Since Senator Cruz renowned his Canadian citizenship, his shameless quest for cheap popularity makes him less likeable. President my behind!

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by vedaxcool(m): 8:57am On Oct 24, 2013
Wait ohhh! if the thread was a tribal thread all the worms from the wood work would be here exchanging bullet now just to sign a simple petition to defend the honour of innocent Nigerians has been met with grave yard silence!

Guys let append this thread link to our signatures!

3 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by LordReed(m): 9:46am On Oct 24, 2013
Signed.

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by LordReed(m): 9:48am On Oct 24, 2013
Ajibel: Not signing. Until Jonathan stops comparing my country with war-ravaged countries like Somalia and apologise for doing so angry Not funny.

Buh that flat-headed Sinator Cruz is an unpythonic person, IMHO angry

Is that a "real" word?
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by BlackBaron: 10:05am On Oct 24, 2013
'Nigerian email scammers' he said. Which we are very aware of and applies to only a minority of Nigerians.

Its like the Italians getting pissed when 'Italian Mafiosos' are referenced.

Surely there are better causes out there ... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by WildChild00(m): 10:05am On Oct 24, 2013
I will be back, lemme do some consultation.
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by lalaboi(m): 4:41pm On Oct 24, 2013
There are over 160 million Nigerians in Nigeria at the moment and to be honest, i don't think this is they should worry about. A lot more than half don't even know this happened. So lets not waste our precious time with this eh. . .

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2013
I posted the petition on Nairaland because I'm aware that Nigerians in Nigeria, as well as Nigerians abroad (including Texas), visit this forum. If Nigerians in Nigeria don't want to sign, no biggy. There are some people who care.

In all honesty though, I wonder how long it takes to sign an e-petition lol.

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Tedpgrass: 10:02am On Oct 25, 2013
Kudos to Ogugua on this initiative....

It's distasteful to label a whole nation based on the activities of a few miscreants...
It is certainly inflammatory and unbecoming of a man in public office to do such!!!
Calls should be made for his resignation.........then maybe he may understand the implications of his actions.

The African-American community find the "n" word distasteful,
so should we Nigerians with regards to "419"/ scammers....

We need more people standing up for the common good.... and not tolerating ineptitude regardless of location!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 25, 2013
Tedpgrass:

Kudos to Ogugua on this initiative....

It's distasteful to label a whole nation based on the activities of a few miscreants...
It is certainly inflammatory and unbecoming of a man in public office to do such!!!
Calls should be made for his resignation.........then maybe he may understand the implications of his actions.

The African-American community find the "n" word distasteful,
so should we Nigerians with regards to "419"/ scammers....

We need more people standing up for the common good.... and not tolerating ineptitude regardless of location!!!!!

Exactly!! Thanks for this post!

I'll post information on Senator Cruz's offices shortly, for anyone interested in making calls or sending messages to his people directly.
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by slimghost(m): 8:22pm On Oct 25, 2013
ogugua88:

Exactly!! Thanks for this post!

I'll post information on Senator Cruz's offices shortly, for anyone interested in making calls or sending messages to his people directly.

Please do that Ogugua. I am more interested in doing that. Daalu.

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Afam4eva(m): 8:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
I have signed it though i have some reservations and this is captured in his supposed apology that's on the frontpage. As much as i'm angry that Nigeria is associated with scam, i don't really think the guy spoke out of turn because that kind of scamming is called "Nigerian scam" and this term is used by different people all over the world and also used on websites. It's simply the kind of scam that originates from Nigeria and it's supposed to differentiate it from other kinds of scam. The people that should be really worried is the Nigerian scammers and not necessarily Nigerians in general. It's in the same vein that the term "Italian Mafia" is used and no one's head is being called for.

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
slimghost: Please do that Ogugua. I am more interested in doing that. Daalu.

Ndewo smiley

On this page, there is a form that you can fill out with your information and a message for the senator: http://www.cruz.senate.gov/contact.cfm

An email address for media inquiries: press@cruz.senate.gov

Phone numbers:
Washington, D.C. office - (202) 224-5922
Austin (Texas) office - (512) 916-5834
Dallas (Texas) office - (214)-599-8749
San Antonio (Texas) office - (210) 340-2885
Tyler (Texas) office - (903) 593-5130

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
Afam4eva: I have signed it though i have some reservations and this is captured in his supposed apology that's on the frontpage. As much as i'm angry that Nigeria is associated with scam, i don't really think the guy spoke out of turn because that kind of scamming is called "Nigerian scam" and this term is used by different people all over the world and also used on websites. It's simply the kind of scam that originates from Nigeria and it's supposed to differentiate it from other kinds of scam. The people that should be really worried is the Nigerian scammers and not necessarily Nigerians in general. It's in the same vein that the term "Italian Mafia" is used and no one's head is being called for.

He's a senator and an alleged presidential hopeful for 2016. He spoke out of turn. He mentioned Nigeria and scamming because he and his "IQ = 17" constituents still believe President Obama was born in Kenya and used a false birth certificate to run for president. It's racist joke and was meant to undermine the president, but he undermined us in the process as people still think Nigerians are only good for scamming. If Nigerians came to the US and a majority of them were deported or scam artists, then I wouldn't be vocal, but it's simply not true. Nigerians are more likely to get Bachelor's and post-graduate degrees compared not only to their White counterparts, but almost all immigrants in general. We've earned our respect here.

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by amiskurie(m): 9:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
the only signature I'm concerned abt now is dangote's.I'm all abt the papers,for now at least. undecided
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by oluxy(m): 9:44pm On Oct 25, 2013
He needs to apologise..
Signed!

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by nikkyshyne(f): 9:50pm On Oct 25, 2013
oluxy: He needs to apologise..
Signed!
For

LOL. Una weldone oo...
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by ifebosco: 9:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
shymexx: If he doesn't apologise, then what?

Whatever happened to the petition about the "child marriage law?"

Nigerians and focusing on the most trivial things. He said whatever he said, so what? How about sign petitions against those who destroyed the past, present and future of those millions of Nigerians sending spam mails everywhere? Charity they say begins at home. Ted Cruz has never hurt any Nigerian, neither has he stolen from Nigerians. He was speaking metaphorically, or should I say, figuratively. And he owes no one an apology.

I guess I'll never understand the mentality/experience of Nigerians
PS: Pls, leave my post alone, if you can't discuss the topic. "Diss me and I won't reply" - Drake.
idio t.how was america build after 1945 second world war??go and read your history books

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 25, 2013
Sign a petition for what is right?

Oguagua...see, come to nigeria, if u dnt have enough bandwidth to visit the web, let alone watch the video online...petition would be ur least concern.

These are just symptoms of a decayed society...nd of course, petition go sweet u sign from ur comfort zone in USA...abeg!!
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by 9japatroit(m): 10:01pm On Oct 25, 2013
signed

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
ifyalways: Erhm,can i sign for my children,cousins and entire village ? As in,can i sign more than once ? angry

I think you can, afterall, we're all Nigerians here and this is a Nigerian affair.

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by funnyx(m): 10:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
shymexx: If he doesn't apologise, then what?

Whatever happened to the petition about the "child marriage law?"

Nigerians and focusing on the most trivial things. He said whatever he said, so what? How about sign petitions against those who destroyed the past, present and future of those millions of Nigerians sending spam mails everywhere? Charity they say begins at home. Ted Cruz has never hurt any Nigerian, neither has he stolen from Nigerians. He was speaking metaphorically, or should I say, figuratively. And he owes no one an apology.

I guess I'll never understand the mentality/experience of Nigerians
PS: Pls, leave my post alone, if you can't discuss the topic. "Diss me and I won't reply" - Drake.

Thank you jare, petition ko petition ni angry angry I aint signing nada. When are we going to sign pettition to force Nigerian lawmakers to reduce their jumbo pay? make this unwilling and corrupt govt prosecute public officials that has been indicted on many occasions? forced the Nigerian govt to convocate sovereign national conference? force the nigerian govt to prosecute pension thieves and provide basic amenities for Nigerians? etc?
If protests were organised to force the govt to change their anti people policies or to force them to sack corrupt public officials Nigerians will turn it to tribal war. Now an American made a silly comment and we should all be jumping about to sign one silly petition? how does that affect an average Nigerian? petition ko petition ni...

6 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Burger01(m): 10:11pm On Oct 25, 2013
Signed.

The dickhead must apologize.

;(

2 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by prof800(m): 10:14pm On Oct 25, 2013
No..No wait.
Hasn't the Senator apologised to Nigeria already.?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ghana Navy Adjudged Best In West Africa / Atiku Represents Spirit Of June 12 – Gbenga Daniel / Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.