Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,560 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks (12253 Views)

Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson / Buhari Arrives London On Charm Offensive - Newsweek London / Presidency Sets-up Task-force On Ezekwesili's Remarks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 28, 2013
Prof Corruption: You want it splash on front page of New York Times? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lol, well it's funny how media works, especially American media. They'll cover havoc and unrest 24/7, but they often fail to follow through to the end.

Anyway, he's taken a step in the right direction, even though I'm sure it's insincere.

Thanks to everyone that signed. The petition will be printed and sent to his office. smiley
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by biafranqueen: 8:07pm On Oct 28, 2013
toshmann:
My sister wetin come make you believe say na joke?
I'm trying to make my people understand that in this life there are many problems and limited resources to solve those problems, let us use our energy for the real issues. You want us to fight a senator in Texas for mere utterances that he made while confirmed crooks right there for our domot in Naija who looted the life out of us and future generations are there watching and no one is talking about them.

Let us start by petitioning those home grown crooks. Leave senator Cruz alone, he's playing US politics with Obama, lets clean our country, by holding our home grown crooks accountable. If and when we clean up Nigeria, we will have better respect globally and even senator Cruz will use us as an example of how to build a nation, we won't need to call a national referendum to petition one man in a foreign country.

Why do we focus our energy on peripheral issues when hot issues are killing us?

Did anyone petition the federal aviation authorities when Nigerians kept dying from plane crash?

Did anyone petition the FG when boko haram killed thousands of Nigerians and some people were discussing amnesty?

How many signatures have been collected for ASUU strike that has kept a generation of Nigerians languishing for months?

Have you seen any petition about the deplorable state of our hospitals?

What of our roads? How many Nigerians will die from road accidents this weekend? Preventable deaths. Is there a petition for that?

How many women will be beaten up this weekend by their husband or boyfriend? Any petition for ending domestic violence?

Our senators are purported to be the highest paid senators in the world. How about petitioning the high cost of govt in the midst of extreme poverty? Wanna petition?

So my sister, no be joke. The list is endless. Unless we have the energy to petition all of them, we may have to pick and chose which cause to fight. And definitely, fighting one megalomaniac in Texas won't be my priority.

My opinion, you may not agree but that's okay.
I agree with you brother I am in The states doing my part, bringing business and rallying NID to start business's back home. Started business and created jobs. We visit Peter Obis office a year and half go to push for development we sent letters, I am not even in Nigeria full time, but I have done twice as much for my people then those that live back home. So where do you and I start because, I have already been busy And I need more help!

2 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 29, 2013
1forall: From where I stand I don't really care much for Cruz's apology but I suppose it'll feel good to hear it on the news so I'll sign anyway - it doesn't really cost anything to lend my signature to this. Check Petition to stop under-aged child marriage with 201 signatures! You didn't sign, or did you? Well you can still sign here: http://chn.ge/1a6ZdPd. There is also a Petition to the US, UK, German, South African & UAE embassies to deny visas to convicted public fund looters with a pathetic 1992 signatures! You didn't sign, or did you? Again you can still sign here: http://chn.ge/11qf21o
In contrast there is a [url=http://www.change.org/petitions/david-cameron-stop-the-11-pay-rise-for-mps-salaries?utm_campaign=new_signature&utm_medium=email&utm_source=signature_receipt]Apathy won't make our problems go away and we ought to be more involved in these affairs or just stop complaining about them altogether.
Well you don't have any point whatsoever and you know it. None of the issues you mentioned can be solved by signing petitions so don't even use that strawman argument.
1)ASUU strike. This is a long-running industrIal dispute between lecturers and the FGN. Both sides are aware of the causes and consequences of strike action. It certainly cannot be solved by mere signatures on reams of paper.
2)Underage marriage. Yes what do you want me to do about that. Has the matter not been discussed in the national assembly.Are those legislators not fully aware of the civil rights issues/cultural factors involved.
3)Legislators salaries. I expect you to do better than this and provide verified facts and figures not rumours
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 29, 2013
Prof Corruption: 1. It’s unfortunate that we’re living in a time where just about every joke can be misconstrued to cause offense to someone.
2. To the good people of Nigeria — a beautiful nation where my wife lived briefly as the child of missionaries — no offense was intended.
3. I am fully appreciative of the range of mutual economic and security interests that make Nigeria an important friend to the United States.
4. And even to those few unscrupulous email scammers who were the subject of the joke, I apologize to you for the unfair comparison to the utterly dysfunctional Obamacare website.
.........................Senator Ted Cruz
This is certainly NOT an apology and why should he apologize for that matter? His comment merely referred to the yahoozee fraudsters in Nigeria who certainly are very active.

MOVE ON OGUGUA!

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 29, 2013
biafranqueen: I agree with you brother I am in The states doing my part, bringing business and rallying NID to start business's back home. Started business and created jobs. We visit Peter Obis office a year and half go to push for development we sent letters, I am not even in Nigeria full time, but I have done twice as much for my people then those that live back home. So where do you and I start because, I have already been busy And I need more help!
Now look here my friend if you want to invest in Nigeria go ahead and invest. What's the big deal? The soundness of your business plan and model would determine whether its sustainable and profitable.
All those foreign investors trooping into Nigeria are they not fully aware that we have yahoozee boys here so what is your point?
Or maybe you are a contractor?
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by 1forall: 1:30pm On Oct 29, 2013
tensor777:
Well you don't have any point whatsoever and you know it. None of the issues you mentioned can be solved by signing petitions so don't even use that strawman argument.
1)ASUU strike. This is a long-running industrIal dispute between lecturers and the FGN. Both sides are aware of the causes and consequences of strike action. It certainly cannot be solved by mere signatures on reams of paper.
2)Underage marriage. Yes what do you want me to do about that. Has the matter not been discussed in the national assembly.Are those legislators not fully aware of the civil rights issues/cultural factors involved.
3)Legislators salaries. I expect you to do better than this and provide verified facts and figures not rumours

That's the Nigerian's apathy highlighted right there.

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Spray(m): 3:09pm On Oct 29, 2013
ogugua88:

An offensive remark was made in my country about my country of origin by a senator voted to public office. That could be why. He needs to be held accountable.
how does this end ASUU strike? My oga @ ogede oyibo!
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 21, 2013
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 21, 2013
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 21, 2013
fatwallet: people like Ogugua are deluded morons. if he/she loves Nigeria why not move there.simply because the white man gave you or your parents visa and citizenship you are coming here to talk rubbish. without the europeans africa would be worse off ,i'm sick of y'alls foolishness and pan african stuff. just look at liberia. move to africa or detroit or bronx if you think the white man is the devil.. pledge Undeviated allegiance to the U.S or Bleep off.
you i.diots are just like the boston bomber who pledged more allegiance to his religion and ancestry than to America.Make up your damn mind where you want to come from.

Geez, and here I was thinking that one can be Nigerian in any part of the world. Let me email all those Nigerian physicians, nurses, engineers, professors, lawyers, judges, and everyone else who has succeeded in the face of adversity to go back to Nigeria as they are working for the devil. Thank you for the enlightenment! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haran Behead Umar Abubakar Of Nigerian Air Force (video) / Ghana Navy Adjudged Best In West Africa / PDP Asks Sheriff, Others To Quit may 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.