Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,536 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

About Sap? - Career (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / About Sap? (144968 Views)

Lets Talk About Sap!!! / Knowledge Is Power! Lets Talk About SAP! / What Do You Know About Sap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Sap? by ejiemen: 11:09pm On Feb 04, 2012
good evening kiwi seems to be very patient with his explanations and very detailed i appreciate this cos i really do need some help.i just became an ICAN GRADUTE after a year and a half and i have heard about the SAP issue before.i am not working,i do not have the opportunity to travel to india or parkistan to get training on it.i would like to know can i get a good enough training in Nigeria that is reasonably affordable and not a scam. i would also like some help with direction as to which areas to concentrate on that would best increase my marketability.i am a total novice when it comes to IT so please take it easy with me i do not have any IT certifications.
Re: About Sap? by saptrain: 3:00pm On Feb 10, 2012
Interested in Affordable SAP FI and MM Training?

We will be commencing FI and MM trainings in March in Lagos. Port Harcourt will commence soon after. Send email to saptrainingng@gmail.com for more details.
Re: About Sap? by kokoA(m): 5:25pm On Feb 20, 2012
We have to resurrect this thread. People come on! Please who can help me with a link to get sap tadm53 (ms sql) material? thanks.
Re: About Sap? by Toughluv(m): 6:03pm On Feb 20, 2012
where is mr kiwi992, neva hear from him in a long time
Re: About Sap? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 27, 2012
-

1 Like

Re: About Sap? by Toughluv(m): 5:48pm On Feb 28, 2012
@ savar the pdf file is not opening !
Re: About Sap? by Toughluv(m): 12:17pm On Mar 01, 2012
@winneijay, how iis ur sap career goin, kindly send me study materials on Basics. Here is my email addy dejiflo@yahoo.com. Thnx in anticipation.
Re: About Sap? by mckayne: 1:31pm On Mar 01, 2012
SAP provides a software for automation of business processes called SAP ERP. This has been implemented by most fortune 500 companies which means its a valuable knowledge for any aspiring IT professional.

The cost of training and certification is quite expensive and exclusive so we are offering an easier head start to most aspiring SAP professionals. This includes the installation of the SAP IDES and basic introductory manuals for demonstration and training.

Contact us today for other enquiries and information @ 08037898111.

"Pursue knowledge and success will chase you pants down!!!"
Re: About Sap? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 02, 2012
This thread is going down the drain everyday.

4 years ago, While i was still a Graduate Petroleum Engineering student, i stumble on this thread and read every pages of it. Those are the days when Markos, Kiwi and the rest of the gurus always make a daily comment. They always encourage aspiring people like me to pursue a career in SAP.

Read from page 1-25 of this thread. You will never see anyone advertising for SAP training or selling instal IDEs . The thread was very educative and you will definitely be encourage to pursue a career in SAP.

Without knowing anything about IT and SAP then, i dig deep and did a lot of extensive research about the subject. Today, i am a certified SAP BO and BW consultant and work for one of fortune 500 companies. I am not the only one. I know more than 4 people that read this thread then and all of them are SME in their SAP fields now. I met young and aspiring person like me on these thread. Look at Nnaiah for example.

Fast forward to last year up to this moment. Half of the pages is now about someone selling one thing or the other. You can hardly read a page that will give you an insight into something new. We are here trying to make less than 50,000 naira selling IDES and advertising for training, the Indians are there encouraging each other and making millions of naira.

Someone even want to sell training materials. Training material is free and anybody can get it using google. Why do you want to make money from poor soul.

Dont be suprise if they start recruiting Indians to work in Nigeria IT industry and as a SAP consultant in Nigeria. If we are too short sighted to see the future, then something like this will happen.

How will all the mentors that started this thread and that encourage some of us then come back and read start reading the thread again? I am not encourage to read the thread diligently as i used to before. Why will i be encourage when 70% of what you see now is advertising for training and selling IDES . How will i make comment on post like that?

Please, we have all gain one thing or the other on this thread. It will be good if we can contribute towards the life of aspiring Nigerians. Let start giving something back.

If you want to advertise, crate a separate thread for your product. Leave this thread for people that want to improve their life and gain something from the thread.

Indians have a technical forum for BOBJ and BW. In the forum, they try to help new and aspiring Indians like themselve on technical and process issue. Are they better than us? Definitely not. But, they help each other and not try and network better than us. Let us do the same.

Let improve this thread and all the gurus will definitely come back. We have alot of Nigeria working for SAP as a senior consultant. These are the peoplewe should try and encourage to come back to this thread. Not those that want to sell training materials and Ides

1 Like

Re: About Sap? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2012

4 years ago, While i was still a Graduate Petroleum Engineering student, i stumble on this thread and read every pages of it. Those are the days when Markos, Kiwi and the rest of the gurus always make a daily comment. They always encourage aspiring people like me to pursue a career in SAP.

Read from page 1-25 of this thread. You will never see anyone advertising for SAP training or selling install IDEs . The thread was very educative and you will definitely be encourage to pursue a career in SAP.

Without knowing anything about IT and SAP then, i dig deep and did a lot of extensive research about the subject. Today, i am a certified SAP BO and BW consultant and work for one of fortune 500 companies. I am not the only one. I know more than 4 people that read this thread then and all of them are SME in their SAP fields now. I met young and aspiring person like me on these thread. Look at Nnaiah for example.

Fast forward to last year up to this moment. Half of the pages is now about someone selling one thing or the other. You can hardly read a page that will give you an insight into something new. We are here trying to make less than 50,000 naira selling IDES and advertising for training, the Indians are there encouraging each other and making millions of naira.

Someone even want to sell training materials. Training material is free and anybody can get it using google. Why do you want to make money from poor soul.

Dont be suprise if they start recruiting Indians to work in Nigeria IT industry and as a SAP consultant in Nigeria. If we are too short sighted to see the future, then something like this will happen.

How will all the mentors that started this thread and that encourage some of us then come back and read start reading the thread again? I am not encourage to read the thread diligently as i used to before. Why will i be encourage when 70% of what you see now is advertising for training and selling IDES . How will i make comment on post like that?

Please, we have all gain one thing or the other on this thread. It will be good if we can contribute towards the life of aspiring Nigerians. Let start giving something back.

If you want to advertise, crate a separate thread for your product. Leave this thread for people that want to improve their life and gain something from the thread.

Indians have a technical forum for BOBJ and BW. In the forum, they try to help new and aspiring Indians like themselves on technical and process issue. Are they better than us? Definitely not. But, they help each other and not try and network better than us. Let us do the same.

Let improve this thread and all the gurus will definitely come back. We have a lot of Nigeria working for SAP as a senior consultant. These are the people we should try and encourage to come back to this thread. Not those that want to sell training materials and Ides

1 Like

Re: About Sap? by yamakuza: 3:38pm On Mar 02, 2012
jaidopor:

Read from page 1-25 of this thread. You will never see anyone advertising for SAP training or selling install IDEs . The thread was very educative and you will definitely be encourage to pursue a career in SAP.

Indians have a technical forum for BOBJ and BW. In the forum, they try to help new and aspiring Indians like themselves on technical and process issue. Are they better than us? Definitely not. But, they help each other and not try and network better than us. Let us do the same.

Let improve this thread and all the gurus will definitely come back. We have a lot of Nigeria working for SAP as a senior consultant. These are the people we should try and encourage to come back to this thread. Not those that want to sell training materials and Ides

is it because they've all gained, moved on and are now making money and so no longer need this thread?

2. How easy is it to land a SAP job?

3. Can you provide a practical 7 - 10 step roadmap for say a fresh graduate, to get a job in the ERP Industry?
Re: About Sap? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 02, 2012
@Yamakuza,

Just the same way i checked this thread once in a while, other guys do the same too. But, how will they make a comment when nobody bother to ask any questions again. We are more fun of selling training material and other stuff than ask question that will benefit us.

Back to the questions that you asked--

The job opportunity depend on where you are. I did SAP BW and SAP BO and that one of the last aspect of SAP landscape that company implement. But, people still get BW and a lot of BO jobs in Nigeria. Also, for guys to get a job in SAP BW and BO, it means that most of the company have SAP implementation.

All the major oil company and all other major industries have SAP  now in Nigeria. So, there is something out there for everyone.

As per the 7 practical steps for  a fresh graduate, i don't know if there is any defined process or steps somewhere. but, i will say this, step 1 is handwork, step 2 is more handwork and step 3-10 is dedication.

That is what i did when i decided to pursue a career in IT. I dont know anything about IT before but i dedicated myself and work hard towards it. And, i am still working very hard.

Take advantage of other young guys and ladies on this forum. Nnaiah is a perfect example. I met him on this forum and i will say, i was impressed. There are 2 other guys and a lady that i met on these forum too.

Network and work hard
Re: About Sap? by yamakuza: 7:28pm On Mar 02, 2012
^ Thanks for the response.

So, you would advise any SAP Aspirant to read through the first 25 pages, gather all the info s/he can, get certified and start applying?

Perhaps all the questions have been answered is why there are no fresh ones?

Maybe the 4-6 people you mentioned should come together and start a new thread (for those in practice, say), or chart a new course for this one?
Re: About Sap? by markos: 9:37am On Mar 05, 2012
What brought me to this thread was experiences of other qualified consultants like Kiwi and a host of others, It was nice reading how other consultants got into SAP, what modules they work with, highlights of their career, where SAP has taken to, some have travelled worldwide, benefits have been very good, sometimes people say SAP has made them live beyound their wildest dreams, things that they could never imagine, sitting with fellow professionals worldwide, you feel a level of importance, my personal highlight was training my colleagues in Beijing, sort of knowledge transfer, that fact i am black ( nothing about race) in Beijing if horror stories are anything to go by, you will understand that certain black people are not respected there, walking into our office, the regular stares until they saw what i could do, then from stares to admiration and respect! i can go on and on about where SAP has taken me to, regular vacations to tourists hotspots worldwide, regular business class travel, a sense of personal fufilment, at the same time i will also stress the hardwork it took me to get to this level, i started out in 1998, 14 years down the line, I have a working knowledge with core ERP modules from SD, MM, FI, CO, PP, SRM,CRM, BW, some travel management experience, implementation projects, support, enhancement, supply chain management, I have never worked in the Nigerian market, i was born and brought up in the UK so i dont have any perception of the local Nigerian market but i do know first hand that the Indians have cornered that market and will not let anyone in, its very lucrative, I think its important to share your hardwork with your sucess stories, it gives people hope, we like to dream, i could even post vacation pictures as proof of my hard work if i wanted to, but like i said, SAP is a white collar job, at least in Europe, it is probably the highest paid IT career at the monent, both at freelancing and permanent opportunity level, they will make it hard for people to get a foot in, I am sure there are many jobs i have done where i am the only black in the building, one of my old jobs in Sweden, we had 4 Black peope on the project, 3 were of Nigerian heritage ( all raised in the UK) and an Ethiopian, like someone pointed out this thread has become so predictable and boring, all you see are training adverts, all types of get rich schemes, sometimes people take it a step to far and send you personal mails, some even tried to add me on facebook, that was way out of line, i posted things here for the benefits of everyone so all the information you need is right in here, the best thing you can give is your time, as in writing a few lines, i have my private life and i will keep it this way, any questions, should be kept right here, please let us hear more sucess stories, not the types where a prospective SAP consultant has a degree in chemical engineering and wants a career in finance or SD, these types of people are opportunists are in it for the money! SAP has a way of weeding out these types of people, they will never have a good career in SAP, i know this much!!
Re: About Sap? by kokoA(m): 9:42am On Mar 05, 2012
@ jaidopor

I completely agree with you. Two years ago when I stumbled on this thread, I was still in the university then. I was really encouraged by the responses of the likes of marcos, kiwi, naniah, etc. I began research on the SAP thingy and I got stuck on the SAP Basis. Am through with school now and currently doing my NYSC with an SAP partner company and I must confess I am gaining alot and I hope to get my SAP Basis Associate Certificate before June.

I feel the good spririt that started with this thread should continue. We should stop commercializing eveything please.
Re: About Sap? by yamakuza: 9:52am On Mar 05, 2012
What future course should this thread take?
Re: About Sap? by markos: 9:59am On Mar 05, 2012
I think they need to start a new thread for SAP training, sometimes i just feel some of them are sub-standard and possible spams and scams, if you want to enquire about the official SAP certified training centres in Nigeria, just google, you will see up to 10 places in Nigeria
Re: About Sap? by kokoA(m): 10:02am On Mar 05, 2012
yamakuza:

What future course should this thread take?

I think the way forward is for experienced consultants among us to share their experinces with us (beginners) in terms of project executions. I will be very happy to read through how an SAP project was started, continued and ended, the kind of hitches that was faced along the line, how they were solved, etc.

Also, we can share informations about possible SAP openings especially for young and inexperince consultants like myself. To me, for now, I don't really care about making money, I can even work for free just to get an actual project experience. These are the kind of things we should be focusing on now. Lets build ourselves up since we have gone beyound the introductory stage (Anybody who is new to SAP can take time out to go through this topic from page one).
Re: About Sap? by Ibomade1: 10:15am On Mar 05, 2012
jaidopor:

@ jaidopor

I have done SAP BW training or BI as it is now known and I am preparing for the certification exam. Do you know any site where I can get sample questions.

Regards
Re: About Sap? by yamakuza: 10:24am On Mar 05, 2012
markos:

I think they need to start a new thread for SAP training, sometimes i just feel some of them are sub-standard and possible spams and scams, if you want to enquire about the official SAP certified training centres in Nigeria, just google, you will see up to 10 places in Nigeria

should we delete any adverts henceforth?

kokoA:

I think the way forward is for experienced consultants among us to share their experinces with us (beginners) in terms of project executions. I will be very happy to read through how an SAP project was started, continued and ended, the kind of hitches that was faced along the line, how they were solved, etc.

true talk. Are they still around? How can we attract them?

Also, we can share informations about possible SAP openings especially for young and inexperince consultants like myself. To me, for now, I don't really care about making money, I can even work for free just to get an actual project experience.

so we should allow job adverts but not training adverts?

These are the kind of things we should be focusing on now. Lets build ourselves up since we have gone beyound the introductory stage (Anybody who is new to SAP can take time out to go through this topic from page one).

1. Is a change of title necessary? If so, kindly suggest new ones.

2. Would you rather create a new thread for Professionals and link it to this one?
Re: About Sap? by kokoA(m): 10:40am On Mar 05, 2012
yamakuza:

should we delete any adverts henceforth?

true talk. Are they still around? How can we attract them?

so we should allow job adverts but not training adverts?

1. Is a change of title necessary? If so, kindly suggest new ones.

2. Would you rather create a new thread for Professionals and link it to this one?

To answer your questions:

Yes, our gurus are still around. The marcos guy posted something here today, I don't know of the others.

I don't think a change of title is neccessary because some people migth be new to SAP, they will need to fall back on this topic to give them a good start. I will rather suggest we create a new thread for this and refer anybody who is new to this one.

Posting job adverts here will be more beneficial to us than all these people requesting for money here and there to traing people. If we can include that better. It will even draw more serious minded people to the thread.

We can also assist ourselves with training materials and areas to focus on when preparing for certification exams. Thanks.
Re: About Sap? by yamakuza: 11:38am On Mar 05, 2012
Ok. Its time for roll call oh!

All the old hands should use this week to sign in and drop a few comments.

Depending on the momemtum or consensus by Friday, a course of action should become apparent.

So, if you are reading this and you are one of the oldies, kindly let us know you are still around.

Thanks
Re: About Sap? by skillsict: 12:58pm On Mar 05, 2012
yamakuza:

Ok. Its time for roll call oh!

All the old hands should use this week to sign in and drop a few comments.

Depending on the momemtum or consensus by Friday, a course of action should become apparent.

So, if you are reading this and you are one of the oldies, kindly let us know you are still around.

Thanks

I am not one of the oldies, but I can share my experience.
Re: About Sap? by Tjay2: 2:00pm On Mar 05, 2012
i hav been following dis thread for three yrs now, never posted anything till dis very moment,markos and kiwi's contribution are always very brilliant,objective and also u cold feel a sense of patriotism in their post all dey did was strictly for nigeria and nigerians, but i want u all to know that selfless pple are rear and dats y after dis two guys and maybe some few pple,all u see is pple wantin to take advantage of the situation.well i am a graduate of information sys and management and i am very much interested in SAP, just like most pple here i need materials and guidance,  if dere is anyone willing to help me with dis i will be very glad, thanks in anticipation smiley[color=#000099][/color]
Re: About Sap? by kokoA(m): 3:15pm On Mar 05, 2012
skills_ict:

I am not one of the oldies, but I can share my experience.

Thanks so much. I am thinking of starting up my SAP career big time after my service year. I have gotten the knowledge (Basis) and hope to get the certification this june. Do you think the Lagos SAP market will be a good start for me because here in abuja SAP implementation projects are rare?
Re: About Sap? by skillsict: 7:21pm On Mar 05, 2012
kokoA:

Thanks so much. I am thinking of starting up my SAP career big time after my service year. I have gotten the knowledge (Basis) and hope to get the certification this june. Do you think the Lagos SAP market will be a good start for me because here in abuja SAP implementation projects are rare?
I know little or nothing about the SAP market in Nigeria as I am currently based outside of the country. In my opinion, SAP is too is expensive for most of our indigenous companies and most of the MNCs roll out SAP from their HQs or development centres located in few selected locations. I believe this might be one of reasons why implementation projects are rare in Nigeria.
We can expect few implementation projects if the government agencies decide to roll out SAP (as I believe they can afford it) or SAP as an organisation decides to have 'special' licensing for our indigenous companies.
Re: About Sap? by Nobody: 3:47am On Mar 06, 2012
@Ibo-Made,

No,

I don't know any site that offer BW exam questions.

Just read your TBW10 - TBW45 (hope its still the recommended training book) and practice all the business scenarios and the questions at the end of each chapter.
Re: About Sap? by Nobody: 3:52am On Mar 06, 2012
For those that know SQL,ABAP and are ready to learn SQLScript, have you consider SAP HANA?

SAP provide a free access to their SAP HANA Sandbox (first time they will ever do that).

No knowledge is wasted and try to take advantage of this opportunity
Re: About Sap? by kokoA(m): 9:24am On Mar 06, 2012
Please what are the current training manual for Associate Junior consultant (Basis)? I have TADM10_1, TADM10_2, TADM12_1 and TADM12_2 . Are these enough?
Re: About Sap? by Ibomade1: 10:04am On Mar 06, 2012
jaidopor:

@Ibo-Made,

No,

I don't know any site that offer BW exam questions.

Just read your TBW10 - TBW45 (hope its still the recommended training book) and practice all the business scenarios and the questions at the end of each chapter.

@ Jaidopor,

Many Thanks for the response. I will settle down with TBW10 - TBW45 docs.
Re: About Sap? by Tjay2: 9:10pm On Mar 06, 2012
pple plz ow can i get materials for ABAP , I REALLY NEED IT PLZ, ANY DOWNLOAD LINK WILL BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, I DEY BEG OOO
Re: About Sap? by nnaiah: 12:39am On Mar 09, 2012
@T.Jay.Next time leave your email addr when making requests
To be sure that you know what you are talking about. it would be very nice if you attach the course ware codes Eg TAW10,TAW 12.TAW 11
http://www.sap.com/services/education/catalog/netweaver/abap.epx

@Ibomade.You also forgot to leave your email addr?But why?

@KokoA. You have to choose a DB TADM51 or TADM52 etc to complete the too many pages of NetWeaver training manual you must read and remember for your exam
Lagos SAP market will be a good start for new project implementations. Abuja and PH will be good also but you might be supporting projects,Many orgs in Abj and PH run SAP.It is always difficult to share the whole project experience here for everyone to read.For me, i will say the two biggest areas, a consultant must be very good at are 1.your domain knowledge 2.you must have fantastic interpersonal skills.With these two great attributes,you will succeed in your career
SAP jobs in Nigeria are rarely advertised unless the resource is extremely scarce due to market demands eg C,R,M or Is Oil etc
@skills_ict
We need you to share tips on how to get and retain SAP jobs,Nigeria is exporting SAP skills in and around Africa now.
We have a huge number of young,trained ,certified,smart and talented men and women yearning for there first SAP projects but cant find any.
We need to conquer Africa,some one should lead the way pls.
I wonder why some of us claim to have read the whole pages of this thread but still cannot locate materials,it is annoying,it simply means that such person doesnt know what he or she wants.
Please do not open more SAP threads,lets keep everything here.
@YamaKuza,Tick my name in your register,i answered present sir but you didnt hear me
@jaidopor Thanks for the compliments,i dey feel like Bill McDermott.Lets chat over the weekend

for the adverts,i will say do not throw away the baby with the bathwater at the same time.Let us use wisdom

Stop using Facebook,start using Linkedin now for the salvation of your career
cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (48) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Salary Structure? / Welcome To My Office / Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.