Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! - Fashion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! (64968 Views)

Miss Ambassador For Peace 2013 Contestants... / Miss University Nigeria 2013 Contestants(Raw Photos) / Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2013
Like I said Somalis have the best of every world. We have brown skin, soft hair, straight nose, tall, slim, strategic location on earth, ancient history, beautiful culture, war like society, warrior culture, hard headed, noble features.

And where ever we go we take our religion, and culture. Like these Somali kids here, keeping the Somali people proud.

Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2013
kandiikane:

We actually have 'black arabs/caucasian arabs' in Gambia. We call them 'narrs'

You go to them if you want to get your silver and gold rings, bangles etc. They own wholesale shops and such just like the fulas. Back home, they were just like everyone else, we didn't think that oh they are a different colour or anything(it's something we never noticed) like how many are in awe of whites. We refer to them as 'naar' just like you would call a man 'wolof or fulani'

I'm aware Gambia and Senegal too I should have mentioned.

Baggara (Shuwas) are also Black/Tanish Arabs.

The thing is that the Arabs in West Africa do not have much presence because they are afraid of being shunned by society if they try to dominate things. In West Africa, minority groups never control anything, it is always majority groups. So if a minority group speaks up, then they get into trouble.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 7:41pm On Nov 12, 2013
Fulaman198:

The thing is that the Arabs in West Africa do not have much presence because they are afraid of being shunned by society if they try to dominate things. In West Africa, minority groups never control anything, it is always majority groups. So if a minority group speaks up, then they get into trouble.

are those the arabs that enslaved you guys?
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by HisClone: 7:41pm On Nov 12, 2013
Ajuran:

lol, 10percent of somalis don't have nappy hair, cause if thats the case we all would have nappy hair, as nappy hair is stronger than soft hair. And all somalis have soft curly hair or very soft hair. Remember we are all the same ethnicity.

No one has yet to post a picture of a somali with nappy hair, except of a guy with an afro from the 1970's.
loooooooooooool grin at least u admitted he was somali grin

the fact is that majority of those with nappy hair usually relaxk it grin i know y'all secrets,i'm sure u got nappy hairs as well grin

we all know y'all have nappy hairs (but not all) those with nappy hairs usually use relaxing creams and so,they was even a post in topix which a somali made about his nappy hair,looooooooool grin
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 7:42pm On Nov 12, 2013
Somali people, we take pride to a whole new level. We fight and die, just so we can my clan has more soldiers who died fighting Americans, Ethiopians, African Union.

Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 7:43pm On Nov 12, 2013
Ajuran:

You must be lacking in basic reading comprehension. Those people were never enslaved
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by HisClone: 7:44pm On Nov 12, 2013
Ajuran:

looool! What a f00l,no arabs enslaved a nigerian,infact northern nigerians were great people with well organize community and so,the arabs were simply their trade partners.

What about those that enslaved y'all in somalia?
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by HisClone: 7:46pm On Nov 12, 2013
Ajuran: Somali people, we take pride to a whole new level. We fight and die, just so we can my clan has more soldiers who died fighting Americans, Ethiopians, African Union.
u know why y'all ain't wiped out from the surface of this earth?? It's simply because of the few women and kids in ur region,if we want to kill y'all from the surface of this earth we would have done that long ago during the famine,we would have left y'all without food and drinks grin grin

and if america so wish to clear y'all from the surface of the earth(the whole somali clans),it's so easy to drop drones on y'all moda'fvckers grin grin
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 7:47pm On Nov 12, 2013
His.Clone:
loooooooooooool grin at least u admitted he was somali grin

the fact is that majority of those with nappy hair usually relaxk it grin i know y'all secrets,i'm sure u got nappy hairs as well grin

we all know y'all have nappy hairs (but not all) those with nappy hairs usually use relaxing creams and so,they was even a post in topix which a somali made about his nappy hair,looooooooool grin

lmao, you mean the nomads are using relaxers. To be honest everyone wonders as that guy is from ogaden region of ethiopia which has heavy admixture with Oromo. As anyone whose father is somali is considered Somali. But the word for bantu in our culture is jarrer meaning nappy hair. If Somalis had nappy hair we wouldn't use that word to distinguish ourselves from bantus.

Even those who don't have soft hair, their hair is nothing like the hair of bantus who have very rough coiled hair. Our hair is always soft curly or soft straight. And your logic doesn't make sense as we all somalis intermix with each and are the same ethnicity, remember nappy hair is a strong trait while soft hair is recessive. so if there were somalis with nappy hair, you would see it everyone. just like the fact somalis are brown, cause brown is stronger trait than light skin, you see the same thing in india, where its harder for people to become lighter overtime because any admixture of brown skin keeps you brown much longer. But our features evolved cause we only reproduced with other cushitic people in ethiopia, somalia, eritrea.

If you look at Somalis, people say we all look alike, and you can tell that when a somali has a child with a black, the kid looks black, but if the child has a kid with a white the kid will look white, cause our genes are right in the middle and hard to maintain unless you reproduce with another cushitic person from ethiopia,eritrea, or somalia.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by kandiikane(m): 7:49pm On Nov 12, 2013
Fulaman198:

No not the baggaras. I am talking about these:

[img]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzLiEwUXdyqvUguUibrrOK3b01uH-fjVmpsEv4JxUkkGLIcibL[/img]
[img]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwAeChoQR_0LGHEdqr-UUV-R1aw2hzIppUy9QXsMAjsW7hFSxX[/img]
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 7:49pm On Nov 12, 2013
His.Clone:
looool! What a f00l,no arabs enslaved a nigerian,infact northern nigerians were great people with well organize community and so,the arabs were simply their trade partners.

What about those that enslaved y'all in somalia?

Actually it was somalis and arabs that ensalved Bantus, arabs even went into kenya, tanzania and had colonies there. Infact there was a famous war in which the arabs and their bantu slaves were colonized by the portugese and a fleet of somalis and turks rescued them and destroyed the portugese. This was around the time when Turks, Arabs came to somalia and under the somali sultan went to war and destroyed all of ethiopia. Thus the reason why ethiopia is half muslim.

If you knew any history, you would know there was a time Cushitic people controlled most of southern arabia.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 7:50pm On Nov 12, 2013
Fula weren't the fulanis enslaving negroids? I know there was a group of people who were muslims who enslaved negroids in west africa.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 7:50pm On Nov 12, 2013
Ajuran:

lmao, you mean the nomads are using relaxers. To be honest everyone wonders as that guy is from ogaden region of ethiopia which has heavy admixture with Oromo. As anyone whose father is somali is considered Somali. But the word for bantu in our culture is jarrer meaning nappy hair. If Somalis had nappy hair we wouldn't use that word to distinguish ourselves from bantus.

Even those who don't have soft hair, their hair is nothing like the hair of bantus who have very rough coiled hair. Our hair is always soft curly or soft straight. And your logic doesn't make sense as we all somalis intermix with each and are the same ethnicity, remember nappy hair is a strong trait while soft hair is recessive. so if there were somalis with nappy hair, you would see it everyone. just like the fact somalis are brown, cause brown is stronger trait than light skin, you see the same thing in india, where its harder for people to become lighter overtime because any admixture of brown skin keeps you brown much longer. But our features evolved cause we only reproduced with other cushitic people in ethiopia, somalia, eritrea.

If you look at Somalis, people say we all look alike, and you can tell that when a somali has a child with a black, the kid looks black, but if the child has a kid with a white the kid will look white, cause our genes are right in the middle and hard to maintain unless you reproduce with another cushitic person from ethiopia,eritrea, or somalia.

No one cares, these features are not superior. Holding a weapon in ones hands makes them look less like a warrior. When I think Warrior I think of super athletic male or female with good muscle mass and tone who might be proficient in the use of a sword, polearm/spear, etc.

1 Like

Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by ProudSAfrican(m): 7:50pm On Nov 12, 2013
Ajuran: [/b]

This must be the withdrawal system you are feeling. I bet you miss Apertheid, don't you?

I don't know what apertheid is.. You must mean apartheid. Even then we were better than Somalia, ever been there? Oh forgot you are Somalian did you get a big booty today no treasure? You guys use maps or GPS to find stuff? What's Somali pirate talk for "shiver me tinders"
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 7:51pm On Nov 12, 2013
Anyway this is my favorite picture. This picture shows the somali spirit. The warrior spirit, death till the last man/woman.

Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 7:52pm On Nov 12, 2013
Proud.SAfrican:

I don't know what apertheid is.. You must mean apartheid. Even then we were better than Somalia, ever been there? Oh forgot you are Somalian did you get a big booty today no treasure? You guys use maps or GPS to find stuff? What's Somali pirate talk for "shiver me tinders"

So life was good under the white master? I can't blame you, thats all your people have known. Sad that the somali government was trying to help your countries blacks during that time.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by HisClone: 7:52pm On Nov 12, 2013
How can u tell me y'all have brown skin,when i walk through the streets of modagishu this are the kind of people i see..black like charcoal,touts,useless kids without good future.

Are these ur leaders of somali tomorrow,ajuran?

Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 7:53pm On Nov 12, 2013
Ajuran: Fula weren't the fulanis enslaving negroids? I know there was a group of people who were muslims who enslaved negroids in west africa.

Your interpretation of slavery is funny. Often when people triumph over another people in war, those people become their servants. It happened in Europe when the Vikings conquered a lot of European lands, though the way Fulani did it were nowhere close to what Vikings did. A lot of people who actually were conquered by Fulani were integrated into Fulani culture (except for in present day Nigeria, where Fulanis who conquered Hausa became Hausanized instead, don't know why that happened). Those who were not Fulani but integrated into Fulani culture were called the Rimaybe.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 7:54pm On Nov 12, 2013
Fulaman198:

No one cares, these features are not superior. Holding a weapon in ones hands makes them look less like a warrior. When I think Warrior I think of super athletic male or female with good muscle mass and tone who might be proficient in the use of a sword, polearm/spear, etc.

THIS IS A WARRIOR, THIS IS THE REASON WHY SOMALIS WILL ALWAYS BE FREE. WE DIE TILL THE LAST MAN/WOMAN.

OUR ENTIRE CULTURE IS BASED ON WAR, YOUR EITHER A WARIOR OR A RELIGIOUS MAN. NOT MANY COUNTRIES ALLOW WOMEN IN COMBAT.

Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 7:55pm On Nov 12, 2013
His.Clone:
How can u tell me y'all have brown skin,when i walk through the streets of modagishu this are the kind of people i see..black like charcoal,touts,useless kids without good future.

Like i said, mr inferiority complex. majority of somalis are brown. for every picture of a dark somali, there are 5 who are brown.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by ProudSAfrican(m): 7:55pm On Nov 12, 2013
Ajuran: Like I said Somalis have the best of every world. We have brown skin, soft hair, straight nose, tall, slim, strategic location on earth, ancient history, beautiful culture, war like society, warrior culture, hard headed, noble features.

And where ever we go we take our religion, and culture. Like these Somali kids here, keeping the Somali people proud.

You mean warlords and piracy (real pirates not those ones that sell dvds)
Yes they go everywhere with their pirate ships.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by HisClone: 7:56pm On Nov 12, 2013
Ajuran:

Actually it was somalis and arabs that ensalved Bantus, arabs even went into kenya, tanzania and had colonies there. Infact there was a famous war in which the arabs and their bantu slaves were colonized by the portugese and a fleet of somalis and turks rescued them and destroyed the portugese. This was around the time when Turks, Arabs came to somalia and under the somali sultan went to war and destroyed all of ethiopia. Thus the reason why ethiopia is half muslim.

If you knew any history, you would know there was a time Cushitic people controlled most of southern arabia.

point of correction,bantus ain't westafrica,westafricans are mixture of different people with different features and skin colours.

Pls it was the arabs that enslaved y'all somalis and bantus in ur region.

Arabs even own lands in somalia.lmfaoooooo grin grin
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 7:56pm On Nov 12, 2013
Ajuran:

THIS IS A WARRIOR, THIS IS THE REASON WHY SOMALIS WILL ALWAYS BE FREE. WE DIE TILL THE LAST MAN/WOMAN.

OUR ENTIRE CULTURE IS BASED ON WAR, YOUR EITHER A WARIOR OR A RELIGIOUS MAN. NOT MANY COUNTRIES ALLOW WOMEN IN COMBAT.

Take the weapon(s) out of their hands and are they still warriors?
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by kandiikane(m): 7:56pm On Nov 12, 2013
Ajuran:

You need to go read on your history.

Anyway enough of this derailment. Please, open a thread in culture to discuss slavery.

1 Like

Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by HisClone: 7:59pm On Nov 12, 2013
Ajuran:

Like i said, mr inferiority complex. majority of somalis are brown. for every picture of a dark somali, there are 5 who are brown.
look at that pix again u dumb fvck,u a insane.

5 kids are in that pix,4 out of those kids are extremely dark,infact darker than sudanese,the boy with a cigar in his mouth is dark but not extremely dark like the rest,i didn2 see any brown skin somali in that pix,charcant

u are suffering from an inferiority complex cos u are denying that fact that y'all are black skin,the whiteman didn't call y'all charcant for nothing grin

1 Like

Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 8:01pm On Nov 12, 2013
kandiikane:

You need to go read on your history.

Anyway enough of this derailment. Please, open a thread in culture to discuss slavery.

This is history, its written in arabic, turkish, and somali, a portugese history. its even in ethiopian history. This was a big war that happened between Ethiopia, Somalia, Portugal, Turkey, Arabs. It was the first time cannons were used in Africa, and they were used by Somalis. All of ethiopia was destroyed. That war changed and made the world you see today, where half of ethiopia is muslim, and half the land is inhabited by Somalis.

If ethiopia won that war, then arabs would have been kicked out of kenya, tanzania. And somalis would be christians or dead.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by HisClone: 8:01pm On Nov 12, 2013
His.Clone:

i remember u posting this pix in this thread,haha! U actually croped it because of the extremely dark skin somalis behind that boy with a cigar grin grin
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 8:02pm On Nov 12, 2013
His.Clone:
look at that pix again u dumb fvck,u a insane.

5 kids are in that pix,4 out of those kids are extremely dark,infact darker than sudanese,the boy with a cigar in his mouth is dark but not extremely dark like the rest,i didn2 see any brown skin somali in that pix,charcant

u are suffering from an inferiority complex cos u are denying that fact that y'all are black skin,the whiteman didn't call y'all charcant for nothing grin

i think your inferiority complex is showing as you must know i have no problem with the way somalis look. but your the one counting color, I can easily post a picture of 20 somalis where all of them are light skin. Does that mean all somalis are light skin. Like i said 70percent of somalis are brown. the rest are light or dark.

Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 8:04pm On Nov 12, 2013
His.Clone:
i remember u posting this pix in this thread,haha! U actually croped it because of the extremely dark skin somalis behind that boy with a cigar grin grin

never cropped any picture, as i get these pics from the enter net. The way you think always amazes me, as you self project what you would have done. You still have not understood the reason why i do this everyday. But i hope one day you will understand, as the only person who ever knew my plans were Royal. lmao
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2013
I have read many posts where people thought this Kenyan foreign minister was an Indian, since there are a lot of Indians in Kenya. But she's Somali.

And she is a classic example of somali features, square forehead, thin lips, straight nose, soft hair, small jaw.

Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by kandiikane(m): 8:11pm On Nov 12, 2013
Ajuran:

This is history, its written in arabic, turkish, and somali, a portugese history. its even in ethiopian history. This was a big war that happened between Ethiopia, Somalia, Portugal, Turkey, Arabs. It was the first time cannons were used in Africa, and they were used by Somalis. All of ethiopia was destroyed. That war changed and made the world you see today, where half of ethiopia is muslim, and half the land is inhabited by Somalis.

If ethiopia won that war, then arabs would have been kicked out of kenya, tanzania. And somalis would be christians or dead.

What I meant it, both the bantus and somalis were slaves and other ethnic groups in the region. Obviously, those who could afford slaves did have one but there was no specific ethnicity or 'looks' Somalians, be it somalis, afar etc are still in modern day slavery in arab countries.

Plus, with the somalis I see their skintones doesn't vary much from other African countries. In fact, I see more light skin nigerians than somalis. You're selling this image which is not quite true. It's like those that say igbos are generally light. That statement is false. Although you do tend to see more light skinned igbos compared to lets say yorubas, the average igbo is dark. Obviously, we are not talking dark as in a really dark senegalese or Ghanian shade but that of the average darkness of a black person. Same goes for somalis.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 8:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
kandiikane:

What I meant it, both the bantus and somalis were slaves and other ethnic groups in the region. Obviously, those who could afford slaves did have one but there was no specific ethnicity or 'looks' Somalians, be it somalis, afar etc are still in modern day slavery in arab countries.

Plus, with the somalis I see their skintones doesn't vary much from other African countries. In fact, I see more light skin nigerians than somalis. You're selling this image which is not quite true. It's like those that say igbos are generally light. That statement is false. Although you do tend to see more light skinned igbos compared to lets say yorubas, the average igbo is dark. Obviously, we are not talking dark as in a really dark senegalese or Ghanian shade but that of the average darkness of a black person. Same goes for somalis.

Somalis were never slaves. Don't make up history. Cause the first time they ever fought with anyone was when they fought with Ethiopia and they defeated them. And ever since they had free reign in the entire region of the horn. Cause Arabs and Turks were our allies and they were enslaving bantus in kenya, tanzania, mozabique.

So don't rewrite history, as this is the many reasons why somalis note about their history, because they were never slaves and they always died to the last man. How you gonna make up facts right before me. if there was slavery in somalia, it was the bantus who worked on the fields and this is well documented. Next time you talk bring facts about such crazy assertions.

There are a lot of Somalis who are light, but the majority are brown. LOL, Nigerians are not lighter than Somalis.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply)

See What A Lady Said About People With Small Boobs Taking Ampiclox(photo) / Most Beautiful Deaf Girl In Nigeria Set To Hold Maiden Beauty Contest (PICTURES) / Meet Four Known Nigerian Transgenders (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.