Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! (64945 Views)

Miss Ambassador For Peace 2013 Contestants... / Miss University Nigeria 2013 Contestants(Raw Photos) / Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
Mehnn see beauties.... I'm in love already . kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 9:39pm On Nov 01, 2013
adaobi123: Has an East African ever won miss world/universe before ? undecided

somalia was 3rd place for miss arab world, and is now miss africa
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 01, 2013
Wish Nigeria's hair was done differently, but she's still hot! I like her body too. cool
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by safarigirl(f): 10:20pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ajuran:

lol, na lack of comprehension dey worry you? The question is pretty straightforward. HAS A SOMALI/EAST AFRICAN EVER WON MISS WORLD/UNIVERSE? What the phuck is Miss Arab world? I thought y'all abhor pageants, and when did Africa or Arabia become a synonym for World or Universe?

1 Like

Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 10:23pm On Nov 01, 2013
safarigirl: lol, na lack of comprehension dey worry you? The question is pretty straightforward. HAS A SOMALI/EAST AFRICAN EVER WON MISS WORLD/UNIVERSE? What the phuck is Miss Arab world? I thought y'all abhor pageants, and when did Africa or Arabia become a synonym for World or Universe?

somalia never took part in miss world or universe.

But we take part in Miss Arabia (somalia is a member of the arab league)

picture is the winner of Miss Africa, she is Somali.

Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Idowuogbo(f): 10:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
Miss Ghana and and Nigeria mehn....
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 10:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
Miss Somalia taking part in Miss Arab world

Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ajuran: Miss Somalia taking part in Miss Arab world

Must make you happy that she is competing in the Arab world and not Africa right? Mr. I wannabearab
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 10:26pm On Nov 01, 2013
Fulaman198:

Must make you happy that she is competing in the Arab world and not Africa right? Mr. I wannabearab

the first picture is the winner of Miss Africa: she is somali. and reaping Somalia.

I was just showing pageants Miss Somalia takes part in. Cause she said we never won miss Universe, its cause we don't take part in it.

Thanks for jumping to a conclusion, this tells me how you really feel about somalis.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ajuran:

Why don't somalis compete for miss world/universe ? Religious beliefs ?
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 10:28pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ajuran:

the first picture is the winner of Miss Africa: she is somali. and reaping Somalia.

I was just showing pageants Miss Somalia takes part in. Cause she said we never won miss Universe, its cause we don't take part in it.

Thanks for jumping to a conclusion, this tells me how you really feel about somalis.

Dang man, don't take it like that. I love all African people who love themselves
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 10:28pm On Nov 01, 2013
adaobi123:

I believe So. Miss universe you have to wear a bikini, but miss africa and miss arab world competition you don't have wear a bikini.

You know there are a lot of Somali Models
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 10:28pm On Nov 01, 2013
adaobi123:

Possibly, I can't imagine a Muslimah wanting to wear bikini. The last Miss. Muslim I believe was won by a Nigerian
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 10:29pm On Nov 01, 2013
Fulaman198:

Dang man, don't take it like that. I love all African people who love themselves

you just called me a arabwanabee, even though i posted pictures of the winner of Miss Africa who is Somali.

You have issues, deep issues and you have exposed yourself on how you feel about my people.

Somalia participates in Miss Arab cause its part of the Arab league, it also does miss Africa. only because you don't have to wear bikini for these

contests.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 10:29pm On Nov 01, 2013
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2425159/The-Muslim-Miss-World-Nigerian-contestant-crowned-beauty-pageant-held-oppose-Miss-World-contest-Bali.html

"A Nigerian woman has been crowned Muslim Miss World in the final of a beauty pageant organised by a women's group in direct response to the mainstream Miss World competition taking place in Indonesia.
Miss Nigeria, Obabiyi Aishah Ajibola, 21, won the Miss Muslimah World contest which was organised by the World Muslimah Foundation, a Muslim women's group, and held in Indonesia's capital city of Jakarta as a protest to the traditional contest being held in Bali this month.
The annual Muslim event - now in its third year - is held exclusively for Muslim women, who are assessed not only their appearance (in Islamic dress) but also their piety, religious knowledge and understanding of the Koran.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2425159/The-Muslim-Miss-World-Nigerian-contestant-crowned-beauty-pageant-held-oppose-Miss-World-contest-Bali.html#ixzz2jQpm63am
"
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ajuran:

somalia never took part in miss world or universe.

But we take part in Miss Arabia (somalia is a member of the arab league)

picture is the winner of Miss Africa, she is Somali.

She's gorgeous.

Ajuran:

I believe So. Miss universe you have to wear a bikini, but miss africa and miss arab world competition you don't have wear a bikini.

You know there are a lot of Somali Models

Okayy.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ajuran:

you just called me a arabwanabee, even though i posted pictures of the winner of Miss Africa who is Somali.

You have issues, deep issues and you have exposed yourself on how you feel about my people.

Somalia participates in Miss Arab cause its part of the Arab league, it also does miss Africa. only because you don't have to wear bikini for these

contests.

LOL time out Ajuran bro, your feelings are getting a bit too hurt here. It's not my intention to make anyone feel sad. Sorry man
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 10:31pm On Nov 01, 2013
Somali notions of beauty have never changed for hundreds of years. Look at this Somali woman from 1800's. Looks better than all the fake haired women running around today.

Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 01, 2013
Fulaman198:

Possibly, I can't imagine a Muslimah wanting to wear bikini. The last Miss. Muslim I believe was won by a Nigerian

Yeah she was nigerian. I don't think she was the prettiest though. She must have won on other merits.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 10:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
Fulaman198:

LOL time out Ajuran bro, your feelings are getting a bit too hurt here. It's not my intention to make anyone feel sad. Sorry man

you should read my posts instead of calling me an arabwannabee. That is offensive. Because number one being arab is not based on looks but on culture and speaking arabic. And Somalia has both those. despite that we don't call ourselves arab. We are Somali, and am proud of that.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 10:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
adaobi123:

Yeah she was nigerian. I don't think she was the prettiest though. She must have won on other merits.

she knew the quran by heart. thats why she won. cause i seen the girls picture embarassed
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 10:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
adaobi123:

I know what you mean, she was pretty though, just hard to gauge her beauty (remember whole package).
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 10:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
SOMALIA

Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ajuran:

she knew the quran by heart. thats why she won. cause i seen the girls picture embarassed

The whole quran ?!? shocked shocked
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 10:34pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ajuran:

you should read my posts instead of calling me an arabwannabee. That is offensive. Because number one being arab is not based on looks but on culture and speaking arabic. And Somalia has both those. despite that we don't call ourselves arab. We are Somali, and am proud of that.

What is Arab culture to you? You better not say Islam
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 10:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
Fulaman198:

What is Arab culture to you? You better not say Islam

Speaking Arabic as the national language, having a country that has the same culture and is historically tied to other arab countries in the middle east.

Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 10:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ajuran:

Speaking Arabic as the national language, having a country that has the same culture and is historically tied to other arab countries in the middle east.

So wait, I thought Somali was the national language, aren't you upset that you are not speaking your own language as your national language?
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 10:49pm On Nov 01, 2013
Fulaman198:

So wait, I thought Somali was the national language, aren't you upset that you are not speaking your own language as your national language?

Somali is the national language. Arabic is second language used mostly in business as we trade with many countries in the middle east and we are part of the arab league.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 10:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
adaobi123:

The whole quran ?!? shocked shocked

i assume cause she doesn't look like she could have beaten the other girls based on beauty. I have several members in my family who know the whole quran, because they spent years on it, i only know a few chapters.

Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by homesteady(m): 11:46pm On Nov 01, 2013
Miss Tanzania
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 11:48pm On Nov 01, 2013
What race are SOMALI----- SOOOOO FUNNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5atezn_g5o
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by homesteady(m): 11:55pm On Nov 01, 2013
Miss Namibia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

See What A Lady Said About People With Small Boobs Taking Ampiclox(photo) / Most Beautiful Deaf Girl In Nigeria Set To Hold Maiden Beauty Contest (PICTURES) / Meet Four Known Nigerian Transgenders (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.