Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,311 members, 7,819,059 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (416249 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by thompson1510(m): 4:24pm On Oct 07, 2015
royalads:
@all.... Get your kindle books written, editted and formated for jusr N6,000 for the next 2 weeks.....
3k?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by refreshrate: 6:17pm On Oct 07, 2015
Godmother:

Lol. Ok o. But why did u change username naa. Anways, good to know u re still around.
doyinisaac:
muobo it is me oooooo..
Godmother:

Ok o

me i dont like all these changing of names thing o
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by nkoyo08(f): 6:27pm On Oct 07, 2015
hamlak:
For all those looking for the best way to get payment from Amazon for their Kindle ebooks sales, there is no better option
than the one below.

http://www.payoneer.com/

Here you get a card which enables you to get paid by Amazon via EFT or ACH - you get your money in 2-3 days!

Pls this is not an affiliate link. Just want to share this with you guys here. I do have an AFF link which will give you a free $25!
You have to PM me if you want to sign up via my link.

For any question, you can post here.
pls am interested in having a payoneer account. how do I go about it. it seems Nigeria ain't slated in their payment lists.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by doyinisaac(m): 9:06pm On Oct 07, 2015
refreshrate:

me i dont like all these changing of names thing o
say whatever u want to say.....I am wakacome....
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by doyinisaac(m): 9:08pm On Oct 07, 2015
nkoyo08:

pls am interested in having a payoneer account. how do I go about it. it seems Nigeria ain't slated in their payment lists.
Nigeria is listed oooo..check it well...

payoneer.com is where to register to get ur payoneer account...
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 10:16am On Oct 08, 2015
doyinisaac:
Nigeria is listed oooo..check it well...

payoneer.com is where to register to get ur payoneer account...

I even had two delivered and chatted with their customer care to block one. So yes, Nigeria is very much listed.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by doyinisaac(m): 10:57am On Oct 08, 2015
Godmother:

I even had two delivered and chatted with their customer care to block one. So yes, Nigeria is very much listed.
have u heard about kindle scout before?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 11:30am On Oct 08, 2015
doyinisaac:
have u heard about kindle scout before?

Nope, what's it about?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by doyinisaac(m): 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2015
Godmother:

Nope, what's it about?
kindlescout.com

it was a place amazon created for authors to get a publishing deal with amazon...wen u get to the website u will understand or just simply contact amazon and make enquiries about the program...
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by girlfromafrica: 10:07am On Oct 09, 2015
@MK82

I have followed this thread closely and almost too passionately not just because of the prospect of passive income but from knowing that I can make money doing what I love; writing. Thanks for starting this thread.

I have published three books to date. Below are the links:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SLXAD5U

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NH0NJUS

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SLXABXO

However, I have only been able to get very very few sales. I have tried all sorts of free and paid promotion. I really don't think my books are as hideous as my sales make them look. I have about twenty other books to write but sales from my first three books are discouraging. Please could you kindly give me your opinion on this matter? Also are kindle books still profitable?
Please I am open to advice and criticisms from everyone. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by EroticDesigns: 11:26am On Oct 09, 2015
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Awoofawo(m): 12:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
Ebook cover design available at low cost.......
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 1:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
girlfromafrica:
@MK82

I have followed this thread closely and almost too passionately not just because of the prospect of passive income but from knowing that I can make money doing what I love; writing. Thanks for starting this thread.

I have published three books to date. Below are the links:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SLXAD5U

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NH0NJUS

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SLXABXO

However, I have only been able to get very very few sales. I have tried all sorts of free and paid promotion. I really don't think my books are as hideous as my sales make them look. I have about twenty other books to write but sales from my first three books are discouraging. Please could you kindly give me your opinion on this matter? Also are kindle books still profitable?
Please I am open to advice and criticisms from everyone. Thanks.

Hi @girlfromafrica,

First, kindle publishing is still very profitable. My income has tripled over the past 1 year and it is still increasing. Online publishing is now my full time profession.

Now to your books' matters:
I know how frustrating it can be when the market refuses to give you adequate compensation for a book or books you have put in so much effort to produce. You have nice looking books (despite what someone said in a post above me) with interesting titles. However, kindle success (and online publishing success in general) is not based on just interesting titles and nice looking book covers. The problem with your books is that they are not keyword-based.

The fact that writing is your passion may be a problem in disguise. It may limit you to writing about issues you care about without regards to what the market is ready to pay for. Many people have made this same mistake, many of them writing books in the self-help, relationship and motivational categories. You cannot force the market to buy what it has not asked you to produce. If you want to take this part, you will require enormous promotional and advertising resources.

You will succeed in only when you give the market what it wants and it's hungry for. RESEARCH is the foundation of this business. Your chances of making sales will increase greatly when you start publishing keyword-based books after conducting diligent research. Check page 9 or 10 of this thread for my post on how to research niches on kindle.

You have to develop a business approach to online publishing. See yourself as a publisher and not just an author. Be flexible and get ready to write on different nonfiction topics (most of which you may know nothing about now). Research simple keywords that are getting a lot of sales and then produce quality books. The keywords should also be incorporated into your titles. You can write on different unrelated topics by using pen names.

I am not saying you should throw away your passion. However, the topics you are passionate about may not bring good sales and you will soon lose your passion. If you force yourself to produce keyword-based books on topics you are not passionate about, they will give you enough sales and a lot of money to cover the disappoint of lack of sales of the books you really love.

8 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HZwriters: 3:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
@mk82, Do you market your books via other channels. If yes, how?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by girlfromafrica: 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
mk82:

Hi @girlfromafrica,

First, kindle publishing is still very profitable. My income has tripled over the past 1 year and it is still increasing. Online publishing is now my full time profession.

Now to your books' matters:
I know how frustrating it can be when the market refuses to give you adequate compensation for a book or books you have put in so much effort to produce. You have nice looking books (despite what someone said in a post above me) with interesting titles. However, kindle success (and online publishing success in general) is not based on just interesting titles and nice looking book covers. The problem with your books is that they are not keyword-based.

The fact that writing is your passion may be a problem in disguise. It may limit you to writing about issues you care about without regards to what the market is ready to pay for. Many people have made this same mistake, many of them writing books in the self-help, relationship and motivational categories. You cannot force the market to buy what it has not asked you to produce. If you want to take this part, you will require enormous promotional and advertising resources.

You will succeed in only when you give the market what it wants and it's hungry for. RESEARCH is the foundation of this business. Your chances of making sales will increase greatly when you start publishing keyword-based books after conducting diligent research. Check page 9 or 10 of this thread for my post on how to research niches on kindle.

You have to develop a business approach to online publishing. See yourself as a publisher and not just an author. Be flexible and get ready to write on different nonfiction topics (most of which you may know nothing about now). Research simple keywords that are getting a lot of sales and then produce quality books. The keywords should also be incorporated into your titles. You can write on different unrelated topics by using pen names.

I am not saying you should throw away your passion. However, the topics you are passionate about may not bring good sales and you will soon lose your passion. If you force yourself to produce keyword-based books on topics you are not passionate about, they will give you enough sales and a lot of money to cover the disappoint of lack of sales of the books you really love.
Ok I think I get it now. I have been writing purely out of passion. However the last time I researched, e.r.o.t.i.c.a seemed to be the most profitable niche on kindle and since I am "too holy" for that I decided to stick to my passion but this time I will conduct thorough keyword research. However, I recently discovered another niche that seems very profitable. I will try it out and report my experience soon.
One more question: Should my keyword research be restricted to amazon, kindle or google?
Thanks a lot!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 4:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
HZwriters:
@mk82,
Do you market your books via other channels. If yes, how?
No, I don't do any marketing outside Amazon and that is just the free book promotion.

girlfromafrica:

Ok I think I get it now. I have been writing purely out of passion. However the last time I researched, e.r.o.t.i.c.a seemed to be the most profitable niche on kindle and since I am "too holy" for that I decided to stick to my passion but this time I will conduct thorough keyword research. However, I recently discovered another niche that seems very profitable. I will try it out and report my experience soon.
One more question: Should my keyword research be restricted to amazon, kindle or google?
Thanks a lot!
I agree with your reason for not writing ero.tica.
Restrict your keyword research to Amazon. Amazon has its own search engine that is more than adequate. And that is where your customers are anyway. You can get book ideas from other sources, but make sure you subject them to the Amazon test (the criteria I explained in the research method) and discard anyone that fails.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 7:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
Abeg what are preppers, loveware? Google dictionary is giving me something else.

Mk82
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 10, 2015
Helo guys please how do i check my overall in royalties, i.e the entire money since i havent make withdrawal from june to now and i make an average of 10 dollars monthly, it is only showing upto d previous 3 month i.e 90 days
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:20pm On Oct 10, 2015
MULLAH123:
Helo guys please how do i check my overall in royalties, i.e the entire money since i havent make withdrawal from june to now and i make an average of 10 dollars monthly, it is only showing upto d previous 3 month i.e 90 days

The Sales Dashboard will only show reports for up to 3 months, including the present month.

On your Kindle Report Page, go to Prior Months' Royalties on the right and download your kindle sales for the previous 12 months.

Also click Payments to view payments received through your book sales.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Diamondwriter(m): 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2015
This is where I must comment. I hv tried several niches and strategies, I haven't made a dime! Wat am I doing wrong somebody? I may need to beg u guys for info on one of d niches in vogue.
PS I hv published 3books
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 1:53pm On Oct 10, 2015
Godmother:
Abeg what are preppers, loveware? Google dictionary is giving me something else.

Mk82
Preppers or survivalists are people who are actively preparing for emergencies like social or
political breakdown, economic meltdown or apocalypse. They often acquire emergency medical and self-defense training, stockpile food and water, prepare to become
self-sufficient , and build structures, and learn to live solely on nature.
It's an OK niche with a number of topics you can create medium size books on.
By loveware,I think you mean ero.tica. Nairaland bot must have changed it. Ero.tica is simply written por.nography.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 2:39pm On Oct 10, 2015
@mk82

Ok, thanks. I'll look into the preppers and come up with good topics. For the erotica......hmmm. Lemme just be looking sha. I dnt want to do holy holy and say I can't write them, but at the same time I wouldn't know where to start.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by EroticDesigns: 7:05pm On Oct 10, 2015
@Godmother
Eroti.ca is dead on kdp select. Been there, and I've got to tell you: unless you have a fan base of hungry readers who will buy and READ whatever you've got, making serious dough is gonna be hard.
However, it's not dead on other platforms. With a permafree book, of course.
Mk82 says it a million times though: the niche matters, the same applies to ero.tica.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 9:42pm On Oct 10, 2015
EroticDesigns:
@Godmother
Eroti.ca is dead on kdp select. Been there, and I've got to tell you: unless you have a fan base of hungry readers who will buy and READ whatever you've got, making serious dough is gonna be hard.
However, it's not dead on other platforms. With a permafree book, of course.
Mk82 says it a million times though: the niche matters, the same applies to ero.tica.

Good to know this so I don't waste my energy. Besidesn dunno if I was seriously considering this cos I would nt know how to start. I might have paid someone on freelancer to write though. But now I know better.

Anyways, I have been doing some research and came accross 141 hot niches. Now what I will do is to subject them to the test Mk82 revealed and see which pass.

Thanks for the tip.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 9:54am On Oct 12, 2015
doyinisaac:
please stop spamming the thread....go and open ur own thread.

Biko tell him.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ranson(m): 12:47pm On Oct 12, 2015
Is it possible or normal to publish a book on Amazon kdp and then go on to publish same book on another platform?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 2:27pm On Oct 12, 2015
ranson:
Is it possible or normal to publish a book on Amazon kdp and then go on to publish same book on another platform?
yes, if you've not enrolled the book in KDP Select (a program which gives Amazon KDP the monopoly right of your books - attached with some benefits).
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ranson(m): 2:38pm On Oct 12, 2015
twosquare:
yes, if you've not enrolled the book in KDP Select (a program which gives Amazon KDP the monopoly right of your books - attached with some benefits).
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (202) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.