Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland (1809 Views)

Nnamdi Azikiwe As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos / Buhari Meets Service Chiefs In His First Day In Office / A Historic Day In Nigerian Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 01, 2013
On this very historic day the PHCN successor companies will be physically handed over to private investors marking the end of the most ambitious, TRANSPARENT and biggest ever privatisation transaction in global history. The govt has so far raked in over $2 billion from the exercise.

Consequently, the govt of GEJ has effectively removed the power sector from the apron strings of govt bureaucracy and public sector CORRUPTION and positioned the sector for a boom, which we will begin to see in the next few months. The boom is automatic and INEVITABLE.

For the multitude of Sincere 9gerians on Nairaland who supported this govt and their fatherland all the way to achieve this landmark feat, I salute your tenacity, resoluteness, consistency, optimism and patriotism. Posterity will be kind to you all, including yours sincerely. In many years to come, when this remarkable day is mentioned, Sincere 9gerians will hold their heads high.

For the ENEMIES OF PROGRESS, HATERS and all those DEVILISH elements who did everything humanly possible to either frustrate this process or frustrate the govt at large, the SHAME is on them FOREVER. Posterity will forever remember their infamous roles leading to this day.

Posterity will always vindicate Sincere 9gerians. My position on this forum is not that President Jonathan is perfect but that he is far, far better than his predecessors and far better than most of those who currently parade themselves as political leaders in the country.

My position is also that if as a country we elected a man in 2011 as president of Nigeria we MUST support him to succeed all through his 4 year tenure, after which we can the assess him in GOOD conscience. This is the RIGHT thing to do. Support here also includes constructive criticisms but excludes pull-him-down syndrome and destructive criticisms.

A father who sends his son carrying a bag of salt on errand should not also cause rain to fall on that child.

From yours sincerely, it is mission accomplished in the power sector. I voted and supported president Jonathan for privatisation of the power sector. It is DONE

22 Likes

Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by Pygru: 11:03am On Nov 01, 2013
Hurray!!!
Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 01, 2013
Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by tpia5: 11:18am On Nov 01, 2013
Interesting
Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

My position is also that if as a country we elected a man in 2011 as president of Nigeria we MUST support him to succeed all through his 4 year tenure, after which we can the assess him in GOOD conscience.
Sorry to burst ur bubble, but ur position is flat out wrong. Obviously, u have no idea how democracy works. Just because Gej was elected doesn't mean he has to be supported for 4 long yrs. In more sophisticated climes, he would've been impeached over a year ago. Thats why we have the impeachment clause in any democracy ; u don't do ur job u get fired before your contract is over= YOU renege, WE renege. Get it? Now, go do the right thing and start calling for GEJ's impeachment.

6 Likes

Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by saintneo(m): 11:33am On Nov 01, 2013
let the bulls go in first. we'll be going in later to provide more capacity.
Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 01, 2013
Good development, i pray the new system is effective, though i would have loved some competition but certainly i don't want to see the government coming back to buy/bailout these companies in future.
Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by Clerverly: 11:43am On Nov 01, 2013
Can anything good come out of Jonathan and insincere 9igerian?? I don't think so....Lest before I forget, we are into "Monkey Business here" The more you hear, the less you see! jonathan wonder grin

1 Like

Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by seunfly: 11:51am On Nov 01, 2013
That is good anyway i must confess we have atleast 15 to 20hours of electricity in my area in Abuja. Kudos to oga jona in dt aspect. I hope the privatization is not going to be like Obj type that was given to friends and political supporters.

1 Like

Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by Ajibel(m): 11:51am On Nov 01, 2013
I am a Sincere Nigerian and not a Sincere 9jerian. Nau that by the way. I'd only celebrate when this exercise begin to yield fruits buh as for nau, i'd only keep my fingers crossed. And as i promised myself, i'd only vote for Mr. Jonathan IF he delivers on Power supply and Quality education to an enviable height. That said, i dont give a _fuck as to what happens in other sectors. For the good of my president, 'll wish him to see that his actions on power sector be successful.
Otutu oma nu o

4 Likes

Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by Techsoldier: 11:56am On Nov 01, 2013
I wonder how many people will praise this move when they start paying out of their more for electricity.
Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by Techsoldier: 12:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
seunfly: That is good anyway i must confess we have atleast 15 to 20hours of electricity in my area in Abuja. Kudos to oga jona in dt aspect. I hope the privatization is not going to be like Obj type that was given to friends and political supporters.
obviously you've been ignorant of the developments. Obj & Ibb are part of the buyers. How would you explain Femi Otedola winning a bid for one of the companies?
Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by Datiboboi: 12:07pm On Nov 01, 2013
May your haters stay alive until 2019 to witness the Nigeria we dream of.

Team sincere Nigeria

14 Likes

Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by Brimmie(m): 12:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
Where's the Party at!?? grin

Nigerians in Diaspora U Guys Shld Check Ds Thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1500750/nigerian-diaspora-faces-pressures-home

1 Like

Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by 99100(m): 12:23pm On Nov 01, 2013
FRESH AIR!!
Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by soundtruth(m): 12:41pm On Nov 01, 2013
No electricity in UNIPORT and ALUU since 3 days now.

1 Like

Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 01, 2013
soundtruth: No electricity in UNIPORT and ALUU since 3 days now.
No electricity in most part of Kogi for about three weeks

1 Like

Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by dridowu: 1:19pm On Nov 01, 2013
Privatization here and there but no major significant yet, let hope may be ds will bcom reality . Anyway sha power in d office is abt 18hrs a day but @ home 2-3hrs a day
Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by stebell(m): 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
@ OP, I think dat ur parable of salt and rain will remain ever green in ma heart.

I don't kno about de haters but 1 tin I kno is dat GEJ has tried.

The problem is dat he has too many distractions.

I voted for him and I won't hesitate to do dat again come 2015.

Long Live GEJ
Long Live Naija

5 Likes

Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 01, 2013
stebell: @ OP, I think dat ur parable of salt and rain will remain ever green in ma heart.

I don't kno about de haters but 1 tin I kno is dat GEJ has tried.

The problem is dat he has too many distractions.

I voted for him and I won't hesitate to do dat again come 2015.

Long Live GEJ
Long Live Naija
Proudly team FRESH AIR!
Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
The only good thing Jonathan has done so far. At least I can testify that there's been super improvement of electricity in my area.
In other words,he should make sure that the PHCN workers who haven't been paid their money yet be paid up as quickly as possible. I won't condone some parasites coming to my house to cut off my wire all in the name of protesting for their severance package.
Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2013
berem: The only good thing Jonathan has done so far. At least I can testify that there's been super improvement of electricity in my area.
In other words,he should make sure that the PHCN workers who haven't been paid their money yet be paid up as quickly as possible. I won't condone some parasites coming to my house to cut off my wire all in the name of protesting for their severance package.
The "only good thing"? Anyway, I didnt expect less from a chronic hater.

If you like you can see some of what the president has done below:
https://www.nairaland.com/1375008/fresh-air-bumper-harvest-timelines
Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by 1wolex85: 4:31pm On Nov 01, 2013
I sincerely pray this works. if we have significantly noticeable and measureable improvement in the power sector, GEJ needs minimal campaign for 2015. I have always said that GEJ will make his re-election easier if nigerians see significant improvements that affect them directly (not those figures noi always reels out), but his sycophants will not let us hear word, they think once you speak against him, you hate him. Anyways, i sincerely hopes it works because it will affect me positively if it does.
Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
The "only good thing"? Anyway, I didnt expect less from a chronic hater.

If you like you can see some of what the president has done below:
https://www.nairaland.com/1375008/fresh-air-bumper-harvest-timelines
There's a difference between a hater and a critic. If I am a hater,you wouldn't see me commenting on this thread. Learn to be civil in your response and stop labeling me a hater.
Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 01, 2013
berem: There's a difference between a hater and a critic. If I am a hater,you wouldn't see me commenting on this thread. Learn to be civil in your response and stop labeling me a hater.
We know the constructive critics and the haters. Unfortunately, you'r one of the chronic haters.

More over, there is NOTHING to criticise on this thread. This is a historic thread.
Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by 1MCN: 4:57pm On Nov 01, 2013
dridowu: Privatization here and there but no major significant yet, let hope may be ds will bcom reality . Anyway sha power in d office is abt 18hrs a day but @ home 2-3hrs a day
Honestly, I like the sincerity in the last sentence of your comment. Without any hype, I get between 20-22hrs of power supply in my place of residence. This is an improvement of between 14-18hrs which we used to recieve from Dec 2012 till about May this year when the improvent became more stable. Around my office, it's between 7-8hrs out of 9 working hrs for me (I can't tell the supply in that area when am gone home). But however, sometimes I wonder how someone who lives in an area where there's perpectual darkness will believe me that there's sincerely an improvement in power supply when in essence he (frankly) hasn't seen any in his area. A case of some people having 'excess' and others having nothing at all. I say this from experience too cos my friend who lives just #50 bike from my house hasn't had light in his area for more than 6months! We believe it'll someday illumine in every man's courtyard someday by the way we're going. God Bless Nigeria And Nigerians
Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
We know the constructive critics and the haters. Unfortunately, you'r one of the chronic haters.

More over, there is NOTHING to criticise on this thread. This is a historic thread.
don't kill yourself over nothing. Allow me make my comments and stop disturbing the thread with your hater talk. grin

2 Likes

Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by Jakumo(m): 5:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
By handing the nation's entire power generation and distribution network to private investors, Nigerian President Johnny B. Goode has set the stage for an industrial revolution on a breath-taking scale never before witnessed in sub-Saharan Africa, I chit you not.

Prepare to say goodbye to the cost and deafening roar of diesel electricity generators, Nigeria, because there is a new sheriff in town, whose first clean-up job was to heft those bloated government workforces and generator-importing cartels OUT of the power sector, so that FINALLY, electrical power will flow from mains outlets, silently and reliably, henceforth, from the Sahara Desert to the Atlantic Ocean.

Deep down Niger Delta close to New Warri
Out in the woods among the ever greens

There stood a log cabin made of earth and wood
Where lived a young boy named Johnny B. Goode

Who grew up and didn't have no time for show and tell
'Cause he be fixin' Nigeria, just like a ringin' a bell

Go go go Johnny go, go go
Johnny B. Goode

4 Likes

Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
bookmark this so we can laugh 6 months later. of course by then sincerebootlicker will have a new moniker
Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by Abagworo(m): 5:13pm On Nov 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

My position is also that if as a country a man assumed in 2009 as president of Nigeria we MUST support him to succeed all through his 6 year tenure, after which we can then assess him in GOOD conscience. This is the RIGHT thing to do. Support here also includes constructive criticisms but excludes pull-him-down syndrome and destructive criticisms.

I agree with the adjusted 100%
Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by jmaine: 5:26pm On Nov 01, 2013
oyb: bookmark this so we can laugh 6 months later. of course by then sincerebootlicker will have a new moniker

Only witches and wizards desire bad and terrible things happen simply to satisfy their insatiable evil and demonic needs.

2 Likes

Re: Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland by awodman: 5:28pm On Nov 01, 2013
oyb: bookmark this so we can laugh 6 months later. of course by then sincerebootlicker will have a new moniker
You see why I don't fault Sincere 9gerian when he calls folk like you haters..why would any right thinking person pray that such an important reform which has the potentials to change our economic fortunes for good fail..Pls that you don't like Goodluck Jonathan shouldn't make you wish that your country should remain stagnant

Well incase you wanna take your hate further outside nairaland..maybe you are planning to go vandalize electricity facilities or puncture pipelines..just note that the army and other security agencies are battle ready for you as enough financial motivation has been given to them
www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-to-protect-privatised-power-assets-with-n1-28bn/

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shock And Terror: Islamic State Boasts Mass Executions In Iraq (GRAPHIC) / Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. / Femi Fani-kayode Allegation, A Sign That Jega Will Go. (punch)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.