Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. (32596 Views)

5 Signs Of Irresponsibility Shown By Men / OPINION POLL: Silent Treatment - Maturity/immaturity? Good OR Bad? / Signs Of Immaturity In Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by akhis: 7:46pm On Nov 04, 2013
hafi: Got this as a broadcast, would love to know those for the women folks......

*** Signs Of Immaturity In Marriage: FOR MEN ***

1) Rejecting food wen there's an issue:

Oga husband, you gave your wife money for food and after it was prepared you refuse to eat because you dey vex. Its one of the greatest signs of
immaturity, its time to grow up! You should not even abandon your home for any reason, you could go somewhere wen angry but ensure that you don't allow it 2 linger unnecessarily because dat is enough for the devil to build on.

2) Telling your wife severally that you are the head:

May I let you know that even when your wife disobeys/ disrespect you she
still knows that you are the head. Yu need not shout or scream it daily. Its important for you to know when and how to be firm and put yur feet down over issues, however don't become a nagging husband just to prove that you are the head.

3) Issuing threats:

Beating, verbally abusing your wife, issuing threats of divorce or bragging abt marrying another wife does not make you a man. Your strength is in your ability to tame your tongue and control your fist. When she is acting her "childish woman" part, play the "matured man."

4) Reporting your wife to friends and family:

Wen yur wife offends, correct and talk things through. You don't have to tell everyone about her mistakes, that will paint her black nd sell her cheap such that you will not be able to redeem her back. It is also out of place for any man to love his mother more than his wife and kids, doing this only sets up your home for crisis.

5) Competition:

Have you seen couples who compete with each other over material acquisitions? Their properties and investments are always in separate names.
As the wife borrows to buy a Ferrari, the husband is running after a bugatti. How childish can we be? This also leads to insecurity, jealousy and inferiority/
superiority complex. Please let's check ourselves and work as a team

I never bothered reading it except to check for the sex of the writer and behold, "F". So i know what to expect from the write up

1 Like

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by specialguest(f): 7:55pm On Nov 04, 2013
The only trait of immaturity displayed by married men that i know of is the ugly desire to constantly"go after single ladies". It is almost like a curse these days, you see married men having affairs with their students, secretaries, wive's friends, nanny, infact even the gate man's wife. Haba oga!

3 Likes

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Rejoice5000(f): 7:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
[quote
author=davades]Only yesterday she received my first slap...ladies can
annoying at times. We never talk since then angry[/quote] Clap for urself u are digging ur grave without knowing.U slap her, Mumu

2 Likes

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by chessguru1(m): 8:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
deols:

That is the problem with Lording over the wife. The day that she decides that it is enough, the man loses his power and prestige.

But she could have acted differently..it must have been hard on the man.
No biggy..I'd J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ take the new car keys again..the car can't stay in my compound. She can park it in thy kingdom come, but not in my compound

1 Like

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by passionate88: 8:05pm On Nov 04, 2013
Rejoice5000: Anumanu Bush goat.
hahahahaha. E dey pain u?. Y u carry am for head na?. Satan baptise u in illuminati's name.
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Geophem(m): 8:12pm On Nov 04, 2013
Stormborn: I dont need to worry cus my wife will be the happiest and most fulfilled woman and i will make her that. She will always want to be near me all the time.i will love her and her only
mumu, d thread is for married men

1 Like

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by passionate88: 8:15pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ngokafor: ..this rejection of food is something i never saw my dad do so am not used to it and it's kind of unsettling thinking about it..but if i may ask, is there no other way men can register their anger other than rejecting their wives food?...it's not fair at all after the suffering.
I know it will hurt me to be honest and i may not even be able to eat myself..*sighs*..

Some women also deny their husband punny at nite to register their displeasure on a particular issue. They might use d guise that they are tired or their down below hurts. So I heard/read somewhere

3 Likes

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Deytorlha(f): 8:17pm On Nov 04, 2013
My husband does 1,2 n 4.D most painful part is no 4.I do tell him dat he needs to gow up.I op he reads dis n change for Ǧ̩̥Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡D.
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by drnoel: 8:26pm On Nov 04, 2013
hafi: Got this as a broadcast, would love to know those for the women folks......

Oga husband, you gave your wife money for food and after it was prepared you refuse to eat because you dey vex. Its one of the greatest signs of
immaturity, its time to grow up! You should not even abandon your home for any reason, you could go somewhere wen angry but ensure that you don't allow it 2 linger unnecessarily because dat is enough for the devil to build on.

Listen to ursef, do u want him 2 beat her? If he can't beat her like the child she is, then he has to protest one way or anoda. I met a thread on facebook where one man went on booty strike, gave his wife sharia cos he was angry with her.

hafi:

still knows that you are the head. Yu need not shout or scream it daily. Its important for you to know when and how to be firm and put yur feet down over issues, however don't become a nagging husband just to prove that you are the head.
Ho2 right u are but sometimes a woman needs 2 hear it more than once. The more u tell her the more it sinks in2 her head abi.

hafi:
3) Issuing threats:

Beating, verbally abusing your wife, issuing threats of divorce or bragging abt marrying another wife does not make you a man. Your strength is in your ability to tame your tongue and control your fist. When she is acting her "childish woman" part, play the "matured man."
Funny enof, women issue more threats than men but who am I 2 say so. Let me jut do like I didnt see this one b4 my wife sees it and begins trouble at home.

hafi:

Wen yur wife offends, correct and talk things through. You don't have to tell everyone about her mistakes, that will paint her black nd sell her cheap such that you will not be able to redeem her back. It is also out of place for any man to love his mother more than his wife and kids, doing this only sets up your home for crisis.
Now this is childish and agree but I see more women doing this than men. Men only report if he has told her over and over and she is being stubborn about it.

hafi:
5) Competition:

Have you seen couples who compete with each other over material acquisitions? Their properties and investments are always in separate names.
As the wife borrows to buy a Ferrari, the husband is running after a bugatti. How childish can we be? This also leads to insecurity, jealousy and inferiority/
This one will not be my portion or portion of anyone I sabi

1 Like

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Bigmadam1(f): 8:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
browncool: A woman who knows how to be soft spoken to her husband and sometimes apologies even when she is not wrong goes a long way to make a marriage unique and I believe no sane man will issue such treats to a well mannered wife
Tins go bad most times wen we kip quiet or b soft spoken. D men feels mch abt der ego.

1 Like

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Ngokafor(f): 8:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
passionate88: Some women also deny their husband punny at nite to register their displeasure on a particular issue. They might use d guise that they are tired or their down below hurts. So I heard/read somewhere

..but it's not the same thing na...it's almost physically and emotionally impossible for a woman to want to get down if she's upset,no matter how hard she tries..

... i believe her husband shoud take out time to coax and get in her in the mood first..
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Edoblakky(m): 8:43pm On Nov 04, 2013
OP, I think your post should have read 'Reaction of Men to Annoying Behaviours of Their Wives'. For me, if my wife annoys me, I do 1 - refuse to eat! I don't believe in shouting at women or beating them. My reaction is to refuse her food. And when I do this which is very rare, she knows I'm really offended and she apologises. This is not childish, its a matured way to resolve conflict.

1 Like

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Sike(m): 8:47pm On Nov 04, 2013
Dhurmynick: really
really
. like you wouldn't deprive ur husby of sex when there's an issue..

and u constantly nag to ur husband which remids him you're a woman.. just like he's telling. you he's the head

yh.. like you don't issue threats to take your children away from him. when u hear rumors of another woman.. nd curse nd threaten ur husby most times.

please.. like you wouldn't report to his parents if something is wrong

God made man first.. we are superior .. you were carved out of us.. u should understand men just like we never understand you ..
competition is in every animal kingdom.. u ladies even do it to yourselves

keep your cool and go drink beer sumwhr @ women in support

besides the woman had to have done something to cause all these.. these behaviours just dnt come out of the blue
Correct!
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 04, 2013
The only immaturity 99.9% of married men are guilty of is: chasing other women!

But then, I sometimes don't blame them cos men are naturally polygamous beings, even though today women don't want to accept that natural imperfection in men due to christianity and modern civilization and the fight for gender-equalitygrin

The only way to stop your husband from desiring to sleep with other women or chasing single girls is to make sure that he is in constant relationship with God!

Aside the special grace of God and total submission to the word of God and fear of God, no man, I repeat, no man can marry and live forever with one woman without cheating on her!

Take it or leave it...u can listen to what u want to hear or believe what people say to appear too holy, it won't stop me from being honest to the best of my knowledge.
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
I am not married but if I get married tomorrow and my husband rejects my food for any reason,omo I fit die oo
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by stitcheD(m): 8:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
pc guru:

wow not only was that not correlated to the topic, you just made fun of your self and commending it with a lol. This is family section not romance section.
Thought you were a spam bot
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
u smoke weed for dat number one!!!!a man does not eat in a home were dere is fire...he's not happy@dat moment,so y shud he eat d food??but wer d man go take f-up na wen e nor eat for str8 3days.....dats shud b d imaturity in him.....i dnt eat in my house wen i had issues wit my parents....i jst cant eat wit anger na.....d food no go sweet,,,i go wait til d next day wen my mind don calm down....even my dad too...he jst cant eat...and its d duty of d wife to pampam him d next day to eat...dats true love.......wild smilesss.......
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:13pm On Nov 04, 2013
agwo2july: Op is like u r a woman who engaged in offending ur husband and come up here with ur write up on how he react to ur misbehavior? U need to repent, respect and make ur husband happy if not one day, d man will surprise u. Just an advise woman

Na wa for people o! Someone, out of the goodness of teir heart posts something to advice those among us who may distill it and find it useful. N u just came to turn it around and even accuse the poster!? Na real wa.

1 Like

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
davades: Only yesterday she received my first slap...ladies can annoying at times. We never talk since then angry
pls let's give this guy a standing ovation
He has successfulyy delivered his first slap. undecided
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by emmog25: 9:29pm On Nov 04, 2013
@OP I beg to disagree with some points here:

1. When a man reject his wife's food, it's a way of protesting in other to get an apology from the woman..(Trust some women now "very egoistic" )
2. Some women forget the man is the head by nothing given Him the chance to Play his lead role..they don't want the man to even have a say... You must always go with their own opinion.

The rest depends on the couple's character.

3) Issuing threats:

5) Competition:

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by dollydolly(f): 9:31pm On Nov 04, 2013
Op u forgot to add " always ranting that you want to kill him at any slightest misunderstanding" n" telling u to walk infront of him cos u might be at the back exchanging greeyings with men".
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
Yea give yourself a very nice excuse to go and get AiDS,gonorhea etc
Give yourself a very nature-approved reason to cause problems for your poor wife and bring ridicule to her and your matrimonial bed.
Yea break her heart and hurt her feelings (that's if she even has feelings.cos I'm sure the way men hurt when their wives cheat,the women are made of stone and feel nothing when you do.
Yea nature made it so. Cos he created one Adam and three Eves

Pathetic.

if you marry someone like me with that kind of mindset,you've got big problems on your hands.
DailyNews: The only immaturity 99.9% of married men are guilty of is: chasing other women!

But then, I sometimes don't blame them cos men are naturally polygamous beings, even though today women don't want to accept that natural imperfection in men due to christianity and modern civilization and the fight for gender-equalitygrin

The only way to stop your husband from desiring to sleep with other women or chasing single girls is to make sure that he is in constant relationship with God!

Aside the special grace of God and total submission to the word of God and fear of God, no man, I repeat, no man can marry and live forever with one woman without cheating on her!

Take it or leave it...u can listen to what u want to hear or believe what people say to appear too holy, it won't stop me from being honest to the best of my knowledge.
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by armyofone(m): 9:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
I think we should make it clear to each other before marriage that he/she will not eat for X days when there is argument. That way you know to cook for yourself. It saves on the food rejection/wastage/anger for not eating etc

deols:

I am not married o. But my hot blood makes me feel like the man who rejects my food is telling me to stop cooking grin
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by 2rutalk(m): 9:37pm On Nov 04, 2013
Smh,not bad anyway
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 04, 2013
I am sure many ladies here in support of these post and even adding more are either single or married with self issues that probably leads to such reaction from there husband.

Wen ur husbnd does not eat ur food, dere'z no way u will b comfortbl... Fact!
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by olawumia(m): 10:02pm On Nov 04, 2013
Can some pls tell my fellow Nigerians that severally differs from several ? Severally means Separately .@Op
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by kraftyiyk: 10:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
HOW ABOUT THE IMATURITIES OF MARRIED WOMEN?
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by HARDDON: 10:42pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ngokafor:

..but it's not the same thing na...it's almost physically and emotionally impossible for a woman to want to get down if she's upset,no matter how hard she tries..

... i believe her husband shoud take out time to coax and get in her in the mood first..

and you dont think it is spiritually, physically and emotionally impossible for him to eat ha food at such moments?

as with everything else, the manner of presentation matters a lot. ofcos, wise married ones, use diverse ways to say they are sorry. and if the wify is subtle enuf to remorsefully present the food, most men would mos def eat.

but if on the other hand she pops up and roars your name with :'YOUR FOOD IS ON THE TABLE'. bliv me, no man wano die that young.

strife with your wify is childish, reporting her to who ever is silly, always wano Lord it over her shows insecurity

1 Like

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by mobi5592: 10:44pm On Nov 04, 2013
DICKtator: So what are signs of immaturity in women?

Getting aggressive when it is that time of the month like it was the guy that caused it
Gossip
Throwing tantrums when she doesn't get what she wants
Buying louboutins with the baby's food money
Comparing another man with her husband
grin grin grin grin
10,000 Likes
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by GatJokez(f): 12:07am On Nov 05, 2013
Like the mom said in the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding," the man might be the head of the household, but the woman is the neck which decides which way the head turns. Lol lol lol grin
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 05, 2013
deols:

Being angry is normal. So is eating.

They should not have to affect each other.

Just like my being angry won't stop me from my wife duties. So shall his being angry not stop him from eating.

Looks like something to discuss before marriage sef.

Being angry is not normal, when its caused by external factor.

Thank you!
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Nobody: 12:40am On Nov 05, 2013
Ngokafor:

How will I have sex with my wife when I am angry? It won't even cross my mind...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Women Christian Men Should Never Marry / Cameroonian Mother Dumps Her Newborn Baby With A Written Note (Pictures) / Woman Delivered Of Triplets In Lagos: "My Husband Ran Away When He Saw The Scan"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.