Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. (32595 Views)

5 Signs Of Irresponsibility Shown By Men / OPINION POLL: Silent Treatment - Maturity/immaturity? Good OR Bad? / Signs Of Immaturity In Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
Again Bukatyne, when the world was still tender, men married their blood sisters, and even daughters just to ensure continuity of the world. At that time, God overlooked that practice and never saw it as evil or sin.

But today, bestiality or marrying your own sister or blood relation is a sin and an abomination...and same way, God is no longer happy with people that practice it becos there are now enough people in the world to marry from, so why marry ur own blood

You know, they said that whatever we humans decree here on earth shall be established in heaven too.

Since we humans now frown at a man marrying his sister or daughter as a taboo, heaven have also established it as a sin.

So to say, since polygamy was never frowned at by the people of the past, and was happily welcomed and practiced by the ancient people, God never judged them or saw it as evil...but nowadays that we humans now see it as evil and sin, I am sure it will be established in heaven as sin too.

That's how it works.
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by ITbomb(m): 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2013
DailyNews:

You know, they said that whatever we humans decree here on earth shall be established in heaven too.

Since we humans now frown at a man marrying his sister or daughter as a taboo, heaven have also established it as a sin.

So to say, since polygamy was never frowned at by the people of the past, and was happily welcomed and[b] practiced by the ancient people, God never judged them or saw it as evil[/b]...but nowadays that we humans now see it as evil and sin, I am sure it will be established in heaven as sin too.

That's how it works.

This is the biggest load of bullshitt I have seen in November, so the heavens now is at the mercy of earthlings to direct the hand of God.
The principle of the Godhead and laws of Universe never change for eternity.
How would you explain the fact that some other tribe finds it still acceptable? Is that just like to say since you are a hindu , only what your hindu society accept as right is right , others are facing damnation .
There is more to God than some set of moral laws
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by chemato(m): 3:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
Dhurmynick: really
really
. like you wouldn't deprive ur husby of sex when there's an issue..

and u constantly nag to ur husband which remids him you're a woman.. just like he's telling. you he's the head

yh.. like you don't issue threats to take your children away from him. when u hear rumors of another woman.. nd curse nd threaten ur husby most times.

please.. like you wouldn't report to his parents if something is wrong

God made man first.. we are superior .. you were carved out of us.. u should understand men just like we never understand you ..
competition is in every animal kingdom.. u ladies even do it to yourselves

keep your cool and go drink beer sumwhr @ women in support

besides the woman had to have done something to cause all these.. these behaviours just dnt come out of the blue
, may u be blessed
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by passionate88: 3:23pm On Nov 05, 2013
Ngokafor:
..but it's not the same thing na...it's almost physically and emotionally impossible for a woman to want to get down if she's upset,no matter how hard she tries..

... i believe her husband shoud take out time to coax and get in her in the mood first..
What's d fastest way to a man's heart?. Then imagine when he rejects your foods. It shows that he's not pleased wit u. Or do u want him to register his displeasure by hittin u?
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by pickabeau1: 3:49pm On Nov 05, 2013
bukatyne:

It is but that was not my point.

He said 'men are created polygamous' i.e. men was created to want/marry more than one woman. If God created men that way, why would He punish polygamy/adultery?

I beleive he has responded..
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by jpphilips(m): 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2013
hafi: Got this as a broadcast, would love to know those for the women folks......

*** Signs Of Immaturity In Marriage: FOR MEN ***

1) Rejecting food wen there's an issue:

Oga husband, you gave your wife money for food and after it was prepared you refuse to eat because you dey vex. Its one of the greatest signs of
immaturity, its time to grow up! You should not even abandon your home for any reason, you could go somewhere wen angry but ensure that you don't allow it 2 linger unnecessarily because dat is enough for the devil to build on.

2) Telling your wife severally that you are the head:

May I let you know that even when your wife disobeys/ disrespect you she
still knows that you are the head. Yu need not shout or scream it daily. Its important for you to know when and how to be firm and put yur feet down over issues, however don't become a nagging husband just to prove that you are the head.

3) Issuing threats:

Beating, verbally abusing your wife, issuing threats of divorce or bragging abt marrying another wife does not make you a man. Your strength is in your ability to tame your tongue and control your fist. When she is acting her "childish woman" part, play the "matured man."

4) Reporting your wife to friends and family:

Wen yur wife offends, correct and talk things through. You don't have to tell everyone about her mistakes, that will paint her black nd sell her cheap such that you will not be able to redeem her back. It is also out of place for any man to love his mother more than his wife and kids, doing this only sets up your home for crisis.

5) Competition:

Have you seen couples who compete with each other over material acquisitions? Their properties and investments are always in separate names.
As the wife borrows to buy a Ferrari, the husband is running after a bugatti. How childish can we be? This also leads to insecurity, jealousy and inferiority/
superiority complex. Please let's check ourselves and work as a team

do you prefer to be beaten black and blue to the points above? truth is; some women don't deserve to be treated nicely, study your partner and utilize every method that bring results.
Do you think that a matured woman will do what will make a man to exhibit the traits above? if the OP is a woman, so you want to be misbehaving at home while your hubby claps for you?
call it immaturity or anything so long as it brings results, it remains a viable tool, if it is not ok by the OP, kindly relocate to your father's hut.

1 Like

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by vivianfrancis(f): 3:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
i just wish my husband read dis
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by jpphilips(m): 4:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
latsholly: i quite agree wiv dis write up especially shoutin n naggin dat he is d head of d house. i wish my man reads dis.

what do you normally do?

1 Like

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 05, 2013
DailyNews: See my dear, I am very sure that u don't know me and u won't understand anywaysmiley

I am not married, but 60 to 70% of my friends are married, some I was there bestman, that's to tell u how close I am to them.

Like I said, I am not married yet and
I don't ever intend to cheat on my wife
when I marry tomorrow, becos even now that I am single and free, I am not living a bad life despite the numerous opportunities, in fact I am not even....but its not just by my power or becos I am too disciplined than other guys out there, nope, its by the special grace of God, and I thank Him, and pray God grants me more grace to live a better life when I marry cos I know I can't do it on my own power and will, and neither can any man do it by his own power. Take it or leave it.

But then, I don't come here to say things people want and love to hear, nope, I say things that are happening and not what I feel should be happening. And I am not encouraging or justifying male cheating.

There is something present day women refused to understand: no man can be completely faithful to his wife by his own moral power, its very difficult. That's y u as a woman need to start living a good life now u are single and also go closer to God and do pray for your husband when u marry.

If u ladies don't know, Christianity and the word of God did a lot of good for women and the world in general.

If not for Christianity and other good religion, the world would have been a lawless place and in fact, a hell for all.

The world would have been so brutal, merciless and in fact inhabitable.

Go and read history of the world when Christianity was still being practiced by few people- crime, waywardness, lawlessness, etc were nothing to cry of.

Most armed robbers stopped robbery becos of the word of God. Most ritualists changed becos of word of God. Most murderers, adulterers, fornicators, just name them.

If not for the word of God and the respect for God, I am sure I wouldn't have been as humble, quiet and disciplined to the level I am today and I give the glory to God.

But the problem is that today women want to marry a hip hop star, a club stripper, a raggar muffi, lolz and still want him to be a faithful husband, how pls?

You don't want your husband to be close to God, u don't want your man to be committed to God, in fact u want him to be a sunday-sunday church goer and u want him to be very rich, successful, and handsome too but u don't want him to chase other women or fall prey to other women advances, how?

You ladies think that it is very easy for a man to withstand advances from another pretty woman who isn't his wife by his own moral power alone? Keep playing with fire then.

A man can only withstand pressure to have extra marital affairs if and only if he fears God and respects God and always striving to do what God want, aside that, its not possible once he has the opportunity to cheat.

In conclusion Lorreta-u, pray u get a man like me (pls dnt take it as an insult) becos if u do, then u are a very lucky woman and the world will call u BLESSING & other women that knows u will envy u! Not bragging and not trying to ridicule u becos u maybe dating or married to a nice guy too, who knows?

But pls don't expect me next time to type what u or majority wants to read or hear, or what people ought to do becos I will disappoint u, instead I type or say what I know that's happening and what I know as the truth & not what people ought to do when it is not wot they are doing presently.

Some of the biggest mistakes women make are:

1. Mistake number 1:
Trying to scare men into being faithful with threat of disease. Unfortunately, most men believe they can protect themselves from STDs and STIs.

2. Mistake number 2:
Trying to bribe God, how?
As a single lady, u turned your back on God, anything that has to do with God is old fashioned, and when u start getting to the age of marriage, u suddenly turn to a prayer warrior, a diehard born again sister and u think God can be bribed? Lol

If u love God becos He alone is God and becos u know that He deserves your love and respect, and not becos u want a good husband, then God will bless u with a good deserving husband as a token.

But unfortunately today, most born again ladies are born again becos they want a good husband, how will it work? God sees our hearts and can't be bribed.

3. Women mistake number 3:
You run around with all sorts of men when single and u want your husband to be the only monk when u marry, how?

If u don't know, evil must be repaid with evil.

Nigerian women cry and complain that their husbands cheat a lot and that Nigerian men are never faithful in marriage but they forgot that life is a vicious circle, how?

Majoirty of single ladies in Nigeria run around with different men in the name of living their single life, etc, while most single guys in Nigeria are busy chasing money.

Now, nature must balance the circle. So to balance it, Nigerian men as soon as they marry start doing what the Nigerian single ladies did when they were single and hot. That's the philosophy behind it.

To reduce the risk of falling a victim to this, start now as a single lady to live a good life and embrace God wholeheartedly and not just becos u want a good husband and watch out.

So who has wisdom should learn from my epistle.

Have a lovely day aheadsmiley
the requoted is what I like to hear from responsible men. And since that's what u plan to do,stop painting the other men black. Cos I'm sure a lot out there too don't intend to cheat on their wives.

Don't ask me to pray for a man like you.I've got a man better than you (no insult intended) smiley

As for vicious cycles,virgins still get cheated on by their husbands.who's karma are they receiving then?
Abeg leave that matter. It's not a general men's thing,it's the orientation you guys are getting here.

1 Like

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by jpphilips(m): 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2013
kokoye:

Funny ...some women expect no reaction whatsoever from their husbands when they misbehave. But flip the coin and it's perfectly allowed.

We are not make of stone. We may react when you misbehave ...and you are not supposed to like the reaction??

...deal with it and change your ways...maybe?

Stop playing the victim every time.

you dey mind bloody jobless house wives who know next to nothing what it takes to provide for five hungry mouths, they still think they are in their father's hut.
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by pickabeau1: 4:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
vivian francis: i just wish my husband read dis

You can have a chat with him at night
Men are amenable at that time grin
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by deols(f): 5:37pm On Nov 05, 2013
ocelot2006:

You can't be serious. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY one can maintain his appetite when he is angry.

Well, I am a rare breed.

nothing takes away my appetite.
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by deols(f): 5:39pm On Nov 05, 2013
armyofone: I think we should make it clear to each other before marriage that he/she will not eat for X days when there is argument. That way you know to cook for yourself. It saves on the food rejection/wastage/anger for not eating etc

hehehhe..
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by deols(f): 5:42pm On Nov 05, 2013
chess guru:
No biggy..I'd J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ take the new car keys again..the car can't stay in my compound. She can park it in thy kingdom come, but not in my compound

You are simply telling her to leave your house.

Don't you think that it is wicked to deny her access to your car in the first pkace? As your wife, no amount of anger should make you wish her bad. Did you expect her to start taking bikes all over town when there are cars in your garrage.

A man too wicked to be deserving of a good woman's company. He is better off single- forever!!
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 05, 2013
lorretta u: Don't ask me to pray for a man like you.I've got a man better than you (no insult intended) smiley
That's great to know and I did mentioned that too in my earlier comment. All the bestsmiley As for the karma part, let's not derail...wishing Golden Eaglets more goalsgrin
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Damola12: 11:26pm On Nov 05, 2013
nigerians spend way toomuch time coining meaningless generalizations ...time which should be spent attempting to understand YOUR OWN SPOUSE women want to justify the unjustifiable and men want to read this as a guide as to how they should behave and justify what they know in their hearts to be wrong...nobody here doesnt know when he or she is doing the wrong thing.women do your best not to push your husbands to the wall,that nigga works hard for his money and was mostly happy and dramaless before he met u once u atempt to improve on what u met and add value to his life even if the love was not there i assure u it will come . guys these women are engineered to be annoying attimes i am sure u have your annoying moments but uv married her so like someone said earlier study her and find what works for your marriage and adopt...peace to all

1 Like

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by israelbenzion: 1:36am On Nov 06, 2013
deols: Why the need to be defensive by some men here?

Seriously, just find other ways to solve the problems other than these immature ones. smiley
Little girl, ur concern should be how to grow up and get a husband first before u talk when married people are talking, u hear? I doubt if u even hv a serious boyfriend yet but u have turned urself into NL's resident marriage counsellor already. U think marriage is all about theories, Mills and Boons, or BCs? What could u possibly know about it? Y don't u allow married people discuss so u can learn? #probably won't be able to bend her head and stay in a man's house even if she manages to secure a husband tomorrow#
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by chucky234(m): 7:00am On Nov 06, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Alfoasegh: 10:55am On Nov 06, 2013
gidzbobby:

ehen... hungry neva catch ma guy na, that's why.... God know say, they no born ma papa well to even try this 1... cus if he does, we his children are ready to voluntarily eat his meal
You guys might just be eating your destinies awaysmiley
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Alfoasegh: 11:07am On Nov 06, 2013
megawave: OP listen carefully i will always remind my wife that i am the head cos you women at times seem to forget this when you open your mouth and yarn nonsense.
Go to the Lions den, its just a lion that is controlling the Territory. The same thing applicable to lizards only one red head lizard controls the territory and this animals in control will fight with their last breath if any male tries to encroach their territory.
It is a man's nature to always want to have this assurance he is in control. The earlier women realizes that, the better it is if you want to live peacefully with a MAN.
God bless you richly.
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Alfoasegh: 11:13am On Nov 06, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Sometimes, life is not as straight forward as it appears.

I have a friend that I forsee a break-up in their marriage in the not too distant future. Infact, when once she puts to bed, I see her calling off the marriage.

The guy has abused, beaten and rubbished her as best as he can.

I got wind of certain bits and pieces of their story and all I can say is that the guy has issues. However, because of the guys attitude, the wife has also stopped even trying to be the peace maker that she initially was. Now its a matter of whatever.

They both live in the same house but he does not talk to his pregnant wife.
He calls his pregnant wife a LovePeddler.
Throws a tantrum, breaks things and smashes stuff near and around her (because he cant hit her now that she is heavily pregnant).

I would have had a chat with him, but all I want to do now is hire thugs to whoop his as|s because if his wife were my sister, I would have hurt him really bad.

Marriage is not an easy matter.

It takes 90% work, endurance and perserverance and 10% love to keep a marriage together.
You are a big fool for stating the bolded. No offense pls.
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Wahala90: 1:01pm On Nov 06, 2013

Mom: Son, when you get married and your wife gives you shit and behaves childish and senseless (it is normal), don't do anything. Never reject food, don't remind her you are the head, don't issue threats, don't beat her up and don't report her to anyone.

Son: What then should I do?

Mom: Keep quiet and eat every shit she gives you. The more shit you eat, the more you grow and mature fast.

Son: This is confusing! But Dad ate so much of your shit yet died of hypertension and malnutrition.

2 Likes

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Dalby(m): 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2013
@Wahala 90, ON POINT
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by ocelot2006(m): 12:52am On Nov 08, 2013
Choommy4luv1: .........like seriously..he wil final come to his hiz sences...n by dat tym,junior n co has already deviated n digested d food...lolzzz

'sure he'll come to his senses. That's when he starts eating from another woman's plate. then it will really dawn on u the damage youve caused.
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by jpphilips(m): 5:34pm On Nov 08, 2013
DailyNews: Yes, all male animals are created to be polygamous, and man happens to be a higher animal.

Male lions are polygamous, likewise many other male animals, but majority of female animals aren't born polygamous.

And I think it was meant for a purpose- maybe to ensure controlled reproduction. Women call men dog, and u think its a joke, yes men are like dogs in nature but via the word of God and via commitment to the practice of word of God, a man is exempted from that dog classification.

So dear, take it or leave it, all male species are born polygamous...so if u want a faithful man, marry one that's faithful to God and ensure he is in constant commitment with God, else, u are operating on probability.

seriously, do you really want ladies to cut you some social slack because you are born again?
If i was a lady that has any intention of dating you, i will sincerely question that feeling. in the realistic world where common sense rules, you sound......... (no apologies).
your justification for the African tradition going contrary to christian norms was a mere co incidence and yes in aboriginal African cultures there were level of immoralities that incurs the wrath of the gods with instant punishment which paints our present day Christianity in the light of leniency, from your posts above.

you failed to realize that most oracles in the African customs will not let any impure man to serve them, (now purity in the eyes of an oracle however debatable) but the point is that, people had a way of life that is chaste and reflection of their traditions and it worked at the time.

you can as well argue that people with sickle cell anemia who ended up in the evil forest or twins who were sacrificed were victims of barbarism when juxtaposed with what Christianity had to offer, yes i agree with you, but are we faring better with our present day Christianity?
where super men of god leave their wards in penury while they live in opulence (argument for another day).

The morality of the old is not comparable to what is obtainable today courtesy of our present day Christianity....fact.

mass murderers like Adolf hitler, the Harold Urey and his colleagues at Columbia University Ernest Lawrence (who developed the nuke),
kalashinikov, and lastly Dr robert Gallo who designed the Aids virus are all products of Christianity.
these men alone have killed more human beings than any evil deeds of the past.

I will like you to point to more facts why you think that Christianity threw in more morals than our fore fathers ever had.

If you think i need "thou shalt not commit adultery" to be faithful to my wife, then your religious inclination has blinded you so deeply that you don't even know how the real world works.

Our fore fathers never cheated even when Christianity was a mirage, Buddhist communities don't know Jesus either so you have no point with your conjectures up there.
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by jpphilips(m): 5:36pm On Nov 08, 2013
Wahala90:
Mom: Son, when you get married and your wife gives you shit and behaves childish and senseless (it is normal), don't do anything. Never reject food, don't remind her you are the head, don't issue threats, don't beat her up and don't report her to anyone.

Son: What then should I do?

Mom: Keep quiet and eat every shit she gives you. The more shit you eat, the more you grow and mature fast.

Son: This is confusing! But Dad ate so much of your shit yet died of hypertension and malnutrition.

please don't mind those non living things, they want to emasculate men of the world.
tell them it is childish but it works.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Women Christian Men Should Never Marry / Cameroonian Mother Dumps Her Newborn Baby With A Written Note (Pictures) / Woman Delivered Of Triplets In Lagos: "My Husband Ran Away When He Saw The Scan"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.