Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers (5997 Views)

Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers / Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion / Leadership Newspapers Journalists Sue Police, Demand N10m Damages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by Rhino5dm: 11:01am On Nov 06, 2013
taharqa: I decided to post this thread immediately I saw this article yterday cos of d thrash that many persons say about d Progress of this extremely important road. For instance, 2-3 days back, @Rhinocerus said on another thread here that this particularly road was just 2% Complete. Imagine that!!

Let me disgrace you.

1 Like

Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by taharqa: 11:04am On Nov 06, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Let me disgrace you.
Welcome!! I hv been waiting for you... By d way, as you begin to 'disgrace' me, you may want to start from raising doubts on those SPECIFIC sections the Article mentiond. Thnks mush..
Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by Rhino5dm: 11:11am On Nov 06, 2013
taharqa: I decided to post this thread immediately I saw this article yterday cos of d thrash that many persons say about d Progress of this extremely important road. For instance, 2-3 days back, @Rhinocerus said on another thread here that this particularly road was just 2% Complete. Imagine that!!

This is your road. Abandoned project! I drove from Warri to Portharcourt without a single soul working on your near completed East West Road.

Let me start. . .I have more than 30 pictures, taken at intervals. Be still. . .

Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by kel4soft: 11:18am On Nov 06, 2013
A trip throughout the east-west road wouldn't be
bad to confirm this story. I still maintain, they
are not doing enough to complete this road. How
can it take 1 full year to complete just one lane of
earth work, not ashphalting from Uniport junction
- Rumuosi. Then, people come here to tell me the
road will be complete next year. They are yet to
commence work on the other lane, not to mention
Rumuosi-Rumukrushi which is yet to begin. This is a
road project that is physical not a scientific
process. Is visible for all to see. My wish is for
the speedy completion of that road especially
Uniport-Eleme junction axis. That's lies the large
junc of traffic that affects me. East-west road
cuts across every part of PH. From Uniport,
Rumuokoro, Eliozu, Rumuokoro, Tank and
Rumukruishe junction. So, when I complain, is not
politically motivated or I don't like GEJ, I voted
for him in 2011 and I don't wish any of our leader
bad cos am not into politics.

1 Like

Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by Rhino5dm: 11:19am On Nov 06, 2013
Oya, see your near completed road.

Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by Rhino5dm: 11:24am On Nov 06, 2013
Be still. . .

Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by Abagworo(m): 11:28am On Nov 06, 2013
Any one who wrote this does not live in Rivers State. The Ogoni axis is almost complete but anything within Port-Harcourt was neglected to a disastrous level. Real work just started in September and people have suffered enough. Going from Port-Harcourt to Obigbo which was 5minutes is now 5hours. Even if they are completed, people won't still be happy. Many people have died and money lost.
Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by Rhino5dm: 11:33am On Nov 06, 2013
kel4soft: A trip throughout the east-west road wouldn't be
bad to confirm this story. I still maintain, they
are not doing enough to complete this road. How
can it take 1 full year to complete just one lane of
earth work, not ashphalting from Uniport junction
- Rumuosi. Then, people come here to tell me the
road will be complete next year. They are yet to
commence work on the other lane, not to mention
Rumuosi-Rumukrushi which is yet to begin. This is a
road project that is physical not a scientific
process. Is visible for all to see. My wish is for
the speedy completion of that road especially
Uniport-Eleme junction axis. That's lies the large
junc of traffic that affects me. East-west road
cuts across every part of PH. From Uniport,
Rumuokoro, Eliozu, Rumuokoro, Tank and
Rumukruishe junction. So, when I complain, is not
politically motivated or I don't like GEJ, I voted
for him in 2011 and I don't wish any of our leader
bad cos am not into politics.

Bros, don't take these paid asslickers serious, with the pace they are working on that road I reckon they won't and they can't complete the road by 2017. You remember Abuja - Lokoja dualisation? From Obj till this moment? This page is becoming to heavy for my phone to upload more pictures. I will go to the first page and upload like 10 more, then possibly wait for page 3.

1 Like

Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by Rhino5dm: 11:48am On Nov 06, 2013
Abagworo: Any one who wrote this does not live in Rivers State. The Ogoni axis is almost complete but anything within Port-Harcourt was neglected to a disastrous level. Real work just started in September and people have suffered enough. Going from Port-Harcourt to Obigbo which was 5minutes is now 5hours. Even if they are completed, people won't still be happy. Many people have died and money lost.

Was this road not the genesis of Amaechi's problem? simply because he complained about the Project and minister of Niger Delta reported him to the president? I CAN'T believe ANY heartless demon.can say this road is near completion. Why has the president refused to ever use motorcade from portharcourt airport to yenagoa? Why was the president flying from portharcourt to okrika during his mother in-law's burials?

2 Likes

Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by kutchs: 11:54am On Nov 06, 2013
Abagworo: Any one who wrote this does not live in Rivers State. The Ogoni axis is almost complete but anything within Port-Harcourt was neglected to a disastrous level. Real work just started in September and people have suffered enough. Going from Port-Harcourt to Obigbo which was 5minutes is now 5hours. Even if they are completed, people won't still be happy. Many people have died and money lost.
PH to Obigbo 5 minutes? Where are u taking off from Iriebe?
Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by Demdem(m): 12:35pm On Nov 06, 2013
otokx:

Invisible work is always going on yet when they leave you wonder what they achieved. They worked a bit at the UNIPORT junction yesterday causing terrible hold up.

In all of this its still an attempt at one lane from eleme junction till Ughelli with large parts of Bayelsa undone.

Yeah, i can also confirm the colored. Its also painful to note that these slow works of theirs is causing serious pain to users.
Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by Demdem(m): 12:38pm On Nov 06, 2013
taharqa: lol.... Like I said: na dem-dem go Confess, eventuali..

Use ur brain tahat. If Jonathan isnt working at all, i wouldnt have rated him 13.5% so far. Overall, he is still failing considering the resources at his disposal and time spent so far. Or do u expect ongoing work on east-west road alone to shoot him up? So much work still needs to be done. Just a lane is what is currently ongoing and so far it has taken years to be where it is today which is what u are seeing up there.
What confessions do u expect again? undecided undecided
Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by taharqa: 1:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
awodman:
I would have appreciated it if you picked out the specific sections as listed by the reporter and prove his "satanic lie" by providing valid contrary evidence...
I am quoting you to re-emphasize this point of yrs, in case these HYPOCRITES didn't see it.... What 'they' keep are repeating here without exception is: Oh! Yes, sm portions have beenn done, while others have not been touched or are just been done but 'slow'. How fast this people expect this road project to go is just amazing. This is by far d MOST COMPLEX and 2nd longest Road Project ever undataken in Nigeria, and yet people expect 'magic'. For God's sake, GEJ inherited this project in 2010 ABANDONED and at less than 10% Completion rate (they even had to re-design and re-contract d Road!). In just 2.5 years, the project is about 65% Complete and 34 bridges and more than 700 Culverts done, with some sections already completed- when last did sm of these people travel tru d PH-Eket Stretch for instance? And sm people are shouting: 'it is slow', cos work has not reached d portion of the road in their father's frontyard Or 'only 1-lane has been done'?? Mtscheee.....
Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by Abagworo(m): 2:07pm On Nov 06, 2013
kutchs:
PH to Obigbo 5 minutes? Where are u taking off from Iriebe?

When the road was good, Eleme junction to Imo River was 5minutes. Then another 15minutes from Imo River to Aba.
Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by Abagworo(m): 2:15pm On Nov 06, 2013
taharqa: when last did sm of these people travel tru d PH-Eket Stretch for instance? And sm people are shouting: 'it is slow', cos work has not reached d portion of the road in their father's frontyard Or 'only 1-lane has been done'?? Mtscheee.....
I don't know where you live and the routes you ply but Port-Harcourt to Eket had already gone far before Jonathan assumed office and that is some sections of it from Nonwa to Ikot-Abasi. Eleme Junction to Trailer park is bad and Eleme Junction to Choba is a nightmare. All the good work done by Amaechi in Port-Harcourt still look insignificant as a result of East-West Road. He requested that FG allow him complete the Port Harcourt section and they started calling for his head.
Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by Rhino5dm: 2:55pm On Nov 06, 2013
Abagworo: I don't know where you live and the routes you ply but Port-Harcourt to Eket had already gone far before Jonathan assumed office and that is some sections of it from Nonwa to Ikot-Abasi. Eleme Junction to Trailer park is bad and Eleme Junction to Choba is a nightmare. All the good work done by Amaechi in Port-Harcourt still look insignificant as a result of East-West Road. He requested that FG allow him complete the Port Harcourt section and they started calling for his head.

Don't mind the lying guy. PH to Eket that I was using as far back as 2007? As far as EAST - West road is concern, Jonathan did not add upto 2%. When Okija_Juju mentioned Eket - PH section on the other thread, I was even thinking it was another new road entirely.
Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by taharqa: 3:08pm On Nov 06, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Don't mind the lying guy. PH to Eket that I was using as far back as 2007? As far as EAST - West road is concern, Jonathan did not add upto 2%. When Okija_Juju mentioned Eket - PH section on the other thread, I was even thinking it was another new road entirely.
PH-Eket Stretch has been good since 2007?? Lord-have-mercy!!! ...why am I even debating IJIOTS
Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by Rhino5dm: 3:23pm On Nov 06, 2013
taharqa: I am quoting you to re-emphasize this point of yrs, in case these HYPOCRITES didn't see it.... What 'they' keep are repeating here without exception is: Oh! Yes, sm portions have beenn done, while others have not been touched or are just been done but 'slow'. How fast this people expect this road project to go is just amazing. This is by far d MOST COMPLEX and 2nd longest Road Project ever undataken in Nigeria, and yet people expect 'magic'. For God's sake, GEJ inherited this project in 2010 ABANDONED and at less than 10% Completion rate (they even had to re-design and re-contract d Road!). In just 2.5 years, the project is about 65% Complete and 34 bridges and more than 700 Culverts done, with some sections already completed- when last did sm of these people travel tru d PH-Eket Stretch for instance? And sm people are shouting: 'it is slow', cos work has not reached d portion of the road in their father's frontyard Or 'only 1-lane has been done'?? Mtscheee.....

What are you yapping? After showing you pictures?? How MUCH are they paying you to continue lying about things not in existence? Ironically, Patience Jonathan's mother died on that road. Warri to Portharcourt I shuttled for 3 days was without a single soul working on it, and you are here quoting newspaper? Na thunder go fire YOU!

From Ugheli axis, the meal you have at "Wakies" or "Grubs" won't last 15 minutes before an endless potholes and cut-through. From portharcourt axis(Choba), the meal you have at "Sammy or Sammie" won't even last a minute cos right from Uniport you in deep shiit and you are here writing LIES about some 65% ?

By the way, I thought you guys said Leadership News, Daily Trust and co are boko haram northern beer parlor rumour peddlers? Or do you suffer selective amnesia?

1 Like

Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by Rhino5dm: 3:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
taharqa: PH-Eket Stretch has been good since 2007?? Lord-have-mercy!!! ...why am I even debating IJIOTS

If you do not highlight where I said the road was good in 2007, then you are a fool. I said I've been using that road since 2007, so fixing it won't be a big deal, cos that axis was manageable. Instead of us moving through Eket - Uyo - Ikot Epkene - Umahia - Portharcourt, we normally follow Eket - Onah - Ikot Abasi to PH, even though, chances are we might get robbed in ogoni land, we STILL preferred using that axis, cos that axis is better than using Umuahia axis.

Now would you STFU?
Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by chukel(m): 3:47pm On Nov 06, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

If you do not highlight where I said the road was good in 2007, then you are a fool. I said I've been using that road since 2007, so fixing it won't be a big deal, cos that axis was manageable. Instead of us moving through Eket - Uyo - Ikot Epkene - Umahia - Portharcourt, we normally follow Eket - Onah - Ikot Abasi to PH, even though, chances are we might get robbed in ogoni land, we STILL preferred using that axis, cos that axis is better than using Umuahia axis.

Now would you STFU?
Dnt mind d pathological liars. Dy see black and call it white. No doubt work is going on on d said road. But to say it is 65% completed is mind blowing. From portharcourt to ughelli has no part where both dual carriage has been worked on. There is no portion between diz mentioned places where motorist can ply on both carriages as completed. Its either one carriage is completed, d other abandoned or both abandoned. God will judge u all
Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by taharqa: 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Now would you STFU?
This was exactly why I said I didn't want to debate IJIOTS, esp when Stupiditty have sip down to their very Souls!!... A claim was openly made that PH-Eket Stretch has bn substantiali done (the article also said so), and response was to call me a 'liar' and say that 'I hv been taking that Stretch since 2007, and GEJ has not done up to 2% overall on d entire EastWest Rd'!! What the ffuck where you implying by this statement except to say that the simple claim (of d Stetch been substantiali done) was a 'lie' since GEJ had not done up to 2% overall and you hv been passing dat route since 2007!!! DONKEY!... By d way, d Eket-Oron Stretch has also been substantiali done. Why I hvn't personali visited this stretch, I recall reading about a SURE-P Team visited there sm months back (in order to check d claims of d contractor who wanted to be paid for job done) and affirming that over 90% of d job had been done (I rememba seeing sm Pics then). This Article from Leadership (a chronic antiGEJ paper) also implies that substantial work hv bn done on that stretch. So how many % out of d less than 2% you hv generously given to GEJ does this particular over kms Stretch take (0.75%, perhaps?) and how long hv you been using d Stretch (since 1987, perhaps?). OLOSHI!!!!
Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by Pataki: 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2013
Hehehe.....TALAKA the mendacious oaf!

Give us peesure of your completed road. Olofo!

Son of lucifer, you shall be disgraced with the truth!

2 Likes

Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by taharqa: 4:38pm On Nov 06, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

What are you yapping? After showing you pictures?? How MUCH are they paying you to continue lying about things not in existence? Ironically, Patience Jonathan's mother died on that road. Warri to Portharcourt I shuttled for 3 days was without a single soul working on it, and you are here quoting newspaper? Na thunder go fire YOU!

From Ugheli axis, the meal you have at "Wakies" or "Grubs" won't last 15 minutes before an endless potholes and cut-through. From portharcourt axis(Choba), the meal you have at "Sammy or Sammie" won't even last a minute cos right from Uniport you in deep shiit and you are here writing LIES about some 65% ?

By the way, I thought you guys said Leadership News, Daily Trust and co are boko haram northern beer parlor rumour peddlers? Or do you suffer selective amnesia?
hmm?? See me, see wahala o... When Chronic Anti-Jonathans and Purveyors of Propaganda SUDDENLY makes a U-turn in their repeatedly claims after seeing that the lies and half-truths were becoming too damn difficult to maintain (eg Daily Trust and Railways), you actuali expect me to now call them 'Liars'?? Abi? So for instance, after another CHRONIC HATER here, @demdem, does said that the are now working on d Rivers/PH Stretch of this Road (although he says 'slow'), you expect me to open plenty threads to call he a Liar?? Shee?.... Bros, no worry: just dey wait there; I go soon talk say dem dey talk lie. Dey Wait o...

3 Likes

Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by taharqa: 4:40pm On Nov 06, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by Rhino5dm: 4:41pm On Nov 06, 2013
taharqa: This was exactly why I said I didn't want to debate IJIOTS, esp when Stupiditty have sip down to their very Souls!!... A claim was openly made that PH-Eket Stretch has bn substantiali done (the article also said so), and response was to call me a 'liar' and say that 'I hv been taking that Stretch since 2007, and GEJ has not done up to 2% overall on d entire EastWest Rd'!! What the ffuck where you implying by this statement except to say that the simple claim (of d Stetch been substantiali done) was a 'lie' since GEJ had not done up to 2% overall and you hv been passing dat route since 2007!!! DONKEY!... By d way, d Eket-Oron Stretch has also been substantiali done. Why I hvn't personali visited this stretch, I recall reading about a SURE-P Team visited there sm months back (in order to check d claims of d contractor who wanted to be paid for job done) and affirming that over 90% of d job had been done (I rememba seeing sm Pics then). This Article from Leadership (a chronic antiGEJ paper) also implies that substantial work hv bn done on that stretch. So how many % out of d less than 2% you hv generously given to GEJ does this particular over kms Stretch take (0.75%, perhaps?) and how long hv you been using d Stretch (since 1987, perhaps?). OLOSHI!!!!

You ended up exposing your daftness. The pictures I POSTED, was it east west road or NOT? Can you STOP ranting and post pictures of your 65% completion? Why has your president refused using PH to Yenagoa FOR a second, since the day he became president? Every president atleast drive his motorcade to his village waving to welcoming crowds, but Jonathan uses chopper? Abi na island him house dey? LMAO!!!

What a silly toad you are.

1 Like

Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
AnodaIT: GEJ has done it in Power
GEJ has done it in Roads and Infrastructures
GEJ has done it in Banking Sector
GEJ is doin it in Education.
[size=14pt]For the first time Nigeria is getting it rightly done
God Bless President Goodluck Jonathan
GEJ till forever.
[/size]
You sound exactly like the sheep in Animal Farm.
Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by taharqa: 4:50pm On Nov 06, 2013
Pataki: Hehehe.....TALAKA the mendacious oaf!

Give us peesure of your completed road. Olofo!

Son of lucifer, you shall be disgraced with the truth!
Who let this one out, again??... So @Pataki JTF nova 'get' you?? Wondaful! Anyways, GEJ don ask Senate to extend the Emergency State by 6months. Time still dey to catch more TERRORISTS....
Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by Pataki: 4:56pm On Nov 06, 2013
taharqa: Who let this one out, again??... So @Pataki JTF nova 'get' you?? Wondaful! Anyways, GEJ don ask Senate to extend the Emergency State by 6months. Time still dey to catch more TERRORISTS....

TALAKA, where the pictures as proof of your 90% road completion?!

You rotten liar! Shame us with pictures. Olofo!
Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by Elueme: 5:03pm On Nov 06, 2013
I was last at that road in February this year. The calabar-Akwa Ibom- Onne axis and the Benin-Warri-Kaiama axis are near completion but the problem lies with the Bayelsa- Ahoada _ Choba axis. Pessimists are waiting for the project to fail so they could have a point against the president instead of lookin at how they can play a role which will advance the course of progress on the said road. No doubt the FG wants the road fixed ASAP but the difficult terrain is making work go at a slow pace especially between kaiama in Bayelsa and Ahoada in Rivers where over 60% of the 50 bridges are required.

4 Likes

Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 06, 2013
Taharqa, please do urself a favor and exit this thread, you've been thoroughly disgraced. Haba, why don't you guys know when to give up in shame?
Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by taharqa: 5:06pm On Nov 06, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

You ended up exposing your daftness. The pictures I POSTED, was it east west road or NOT? Can you STOP ranting and post pictures of your 65% completion? Why has your president refused using PH to Yenagoa FOR a second, since the day he became president? Every president atleast drive his motorcade to his village waving to welcoming crowds, but Jonathan uses chopper? Abi na island him house dey? LMAO!!!

OLOSHI, how d ffuck do you still expect me to bliv anytin you say or post afta all you hv pulled here so far Or from what I already know of ya? How is any body sure which Pics those tins you posted are Or when they were taken??.... By d way, where did anybody here (including d Article) say that the Road was complete and that one cud not find any Pics of as yet uncompleted/ongoing sections? Where was that claim made, except in that Confused head of years. I have restricted myself to specific claims as is my usual manner, Pick on any of them and try to show that I lied. I DARE you to do so, if you will not be Disgraced d way you just got served with d claims on d PH-Eket and Eket-Oron Stretches. The Leadership Article was also very Specific about its claim, and my 1st comment to you was for you to show that the lied in those Specific claims. You have deliberating REFUSED to do so, But hv gone ahead to manufacture claims by yourself and ask that I shld 'proof' them!! Plz, debate yourself (your claims) by yourself; stop trying to coopt others cos no other person made them. They are only in yr head; deal with it yrself
Re: 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers by Elueme: 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

your notes are in order but you should also state that it was the decades of neglect on that extremely important road by your kinsmen that has deprlived the president of the honour of moving in a motorcade waving at his people as you posited. But do we put politics aside in agreement that there is a renewed drive to fix that road?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar / The President Lives In Aso Rock, How About The Vice? / Ikpeazu Reveals Why Citizens Don't Appreciate Some Government Policies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.