Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,799 members, 7,817,308 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé (18940 Views)

Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? / Governor Rochas Roasting Corn By The Roadside (Picture) / Wrapping Of Prepared Food With Newspapper By Local Food Vendors, How Hygienic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by darlima: 8:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
Kai mama gv me 2 bole n 1 yam wit 4 pomos no water,infact dis fud make brain o,mr hygenic dey my tommy
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Donpeak(f): 9:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
Nah wa o...smtyms i feel lyk "unliking" some people's "likes" 4dem...
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by LausDeo(m): 10:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
darlima: Kai mama gv me 2 bole n 1 yam wit 4 pomos no water,infact dis fud make brain o,mr hygenic dey my tommy
no water lol
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by mkoabiola: 11:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
Bole wit roasted fish and red oil is d bomb @mama preye's place opp cultural centre ,yen.
No forming of ajebutter.
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 12, 2013
Won ti de "dem don come"--ejo ma e funmi ni booli meji and epa meta,maa pada wa ra isu sisun --"pls ma give me 2roasted plaintain and 3 groundnut am coming back to buy roasted yam.
Peeps love forming here,me dey chop am weneva I feel lyk
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by GoodBoi1(m): 1:01am On Nov 12, 2013
what the eye does not see, the heart does not grieve over
d7
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by kcy(m): 6:08am On Nov 12, 2013
i swear mary a microbiologist,yr health is safe
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by yungryce: 6:25am On Nov 12, 2013
All these pple making a case out of the spelling of bole, wetin concern agbero with overload. So far d bole no ask "wats my name" b4 we go fit chop am
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Yusphull(m): 7:24am On Nov 12, 2013
annexes: u can try the thick dark bole, its quiet delicious

Chai this gurl badt...walahi.....
Na Booli we dey talk and na sonfim else dey her mind.......BaddoLeee eeyan GbangaLeee
grin grin grin

Ur head dey there sha.....*winks*
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by tucee31: 9:36am On Nov 12, 2013
WackyJ1: There's a woman in front of my work place who sells the roasted plantain and surprisingly (to Me ) it's very popular especially eating it with groundnut . People around buy it many times a day including from my work place.

But i can't see myself eating one of those things. Whenever i think of it the first thing that comes to my mind is the fact that the woman's or anyone elses' hands, in whatever condition they are (un washed, dusty, dirty) who helps her there will touch the plantain to turn it, something that i will put in my mouth. And even when i think of that i also remember the iron mesh that is used un place the plantain over the fire and how it must be black from soot, something that is used day in and out. Everything all On the skin of what i'm putting in my mouth. Disgusting.
So much so that whenever any of my coworkers offer it to Me, i simply tell Them that the day they see me eating that thing, just know that christ is coming the next day.

Aren't there any side effects or bacterias that are transferred from the things that the plantain comes in contact with during roasting? Or does the fire really kill them off. Maybe the side effects don't really show immediately.

U shld try "BOLE" with roasted fish and pepper sauce. Ur mentality will change.

#portharcourttinz#

1 Like

Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by ShakurM(m): 9:45am On Nov 12, 2013
Which food is really hygienic?Even washing fruits before eating doesn't make it completely hygienic..Roasted plantain all da way!

1 Like

Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by tabuski(m): 11:11am On Nov 12, 2013
ROASTED PLANTAIN IS "BOLI". WHICH SCHOOL DID YOU ATTEND WEY YOU COME SEE DEY CALL AM "BOLE" ? OLODO OSHI
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by okomogo(m): 12:00pm On Nov 12, 2013
Naija can form,most of you talking about hygiene here still go to the so called fast food and eat foods cooked and stored at wrong temperature, foods that are more prone to pathogens, how many food safety rules do we abide with in Nigeria if its even existing, our local restaurants are not giving any guidelines on food preparation and storage, and we still eat these food without complain. On your question about BOLE, if you roast plantain , you notice the it becomes very solid like dry food, if you eat it that way especially when it is hot, its very okay and free from pathogen even better than foods from our fast food joints.
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by litaninja(m): 3:56pm On Nov 12, 2013
I dont think there's any food (prepared by you or not) that will be totally hygenic and germ free. OP, exposing yourself to some of these eventually help build your immune system which in turn takes care of the "average" or "everyday" germs contained even in the air you drink and water you breathe (i'm not gonna backspace jor). Eat Boli, Booli or Bole....
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by UuzbaGuuzba: 11:12pm On Nov 12, 2013
Considering the other effects that may be infront of your office, the smoke of okada riders/keke, tipper lorry diesel smoke plus the general dust of the subsaharan climate that settle on the bole...

Well, there is a reason God made you this size. If you were as small as an ant, you would probably be able to see every single microbe dancing and walking around on the bole. But, no you're big, and these things (particles) are too small to see with the naked eyes.

Any which way, the more you run away from diseases the less imune your body becomes. Your body can cope with the microbes that reside on the bole. So eat it and be strong.

Don't become so "clean" and disease free or else, one day ordinary catarh will kill you.
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by tpia5: 11:22pm On Nov 12, 2013
Sounds like another ________________ is on its way.

May God have mercy on nigeria.
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Nobody: 5:20am On Nov 13, 2013
Op I don't know what you are syaing o,but one thing I know is that I love roasted plantain and groundnut(Boli) which happens to be my fav local snack apart from akara so park well! undecided

If you wanna talk hygeine and bacteria then there are a hundred more snacks/foods u should stop eating which I can list out and you will probably go hungry in this part of the world.
Just create your own personal hygeine and be conscious of were you purchase your food.
Bacteria is everywhere,no one Is save.

1 Like

Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Nobody: 5:23am On Nov 13, 2013
tabuski: ROASTED PLANTAIN IS "BOLI". WHICH SCHOOL DID YOU ATTEND WEY YOU COME SEE DEY CALL AM "BOLE" ? OLODO OSHI
They aren't yoruba's that's why.
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by zoedicus: 2:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
WackyJ1:
And even when i think of that i also remember the iron mesh that is used un place the plantain over the fire and how it must be black from soot, something that is used day in and out. Everything all On the skin of what i'm putting in my mouth. Disgusting.

Aren't there any side effects or bacterias that are transferred from the things that the plantain comes in contact with during roasting? [/b]Or does the fire really kill them off. Maybe the side effects don't really show immediately.

To start with, the name is not "BOLE", it's BOOLI.
That settled, let me say that what u find disgusting is [b]"VITAMIN C"
to soo many people.!!! grin grin cheesy cheesy
Also, our fathers ate this and a lot more of "disgusting" and "unhygienic" foods and they lived long, never died of cancer or one infection! I can vividly remember back then, we will be working on the farm and when we take a break, the elders will throw tubers of yam into the fire. When the yam is done, we just use a knife to scrape off the skin and eat. We dont wash our hands and the yam is a mixture of snoot and charcoal. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin. . but we never had to stay in the hospital for ANY kind of disease! My elders are still around and kicking at btw 70 - 120.
so what are we talking
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 13, 2013
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Make Fish Stew / How To Prepare Prawn Soup (opuru Fulou) / Strange Things You Have Found In Your Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.