Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,844 members, 7,828,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark (20590 Views)

See The Different Headlines In Today's Sun Newspaper / Oluwole Awolowo Is Dead? / Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by dayokanu(m): 5:46pm On Nov 08, 2013
ngozievergreen: A look at the core Yoruba states reveals the devt stopped at the 80s.
Everything look old fashioned and ancient.
Ppl should be talking about 2013 tnz not what happened in the 70s

The development of the 70's is still whats making all the people in your caves flee like refugess to Yorubaland

31 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 5:48pm On Nov 08, 2013
It would be interesting to see how the North respond to a united South insisted on resource control and a watering down of Federal Character
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 5:50pm On Nov 08, 2013
The other issue is Census and population. It is difficult to see how this subject can be resolved. I can't imagine any census results that would be accepted by ALL.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 5:53pm On Nov 08, 2013
One tends to agree with the APC about the timing just over a year before Presidential elections. My suggestion is both Presidential candidates should make it a manifesto issue outlining their beliefs and policies or changes that they will pursue. After the election we can then talk of dialogue. It is impossible to imagine "dialoguing" in the middle of a Presidential campaign. Let us start the dialogue in 2015
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 08, 2013
dayokanu:

The development of the 70's is still whats making all the people in your caves flee like refugess to Yorubaland

Am not talking about Lagos, I mean those yorubatic states.
And moreover, I don't have time for that kind of argument this night, o were ihe a na akari akari.

9 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Katsumoto: 7:04pm On Nov 08, 2013
0monnakoda: One tends to agree with the APC about the timing just over a year before Presidential elections. My suggestion is both Presidential candidates should make it a manifesto issue outlining their beliefs and policies or changes that they will pursue. After the election we can then talk of dialogue. It is impossible to imagine "dialoguing" in the middle of a Presidential campaign. Let us start the dialogue in 2015

what if things get so bad after the election?

would a northern president be so enthusiastic about resource control, separation, and census?

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 7:12pm On Nov 08, 2013
Katsumoto:

what if things get so bad after the election?

would a northern president be so enthusiastic about resource control, separation, and census?

That is why I say it should be a campaign issue. At the end of the day in order to realize any benefits of dialogue there would have to be a Constitutional change perhaps one of major proportions even. I don't see that happening before the next election. So let the next Presidential candidates debate on,among other things, how they will push a dialogue process. This should go into extensive detail including constitutional change and a clear commitment from the parties to support constitutional change too. E.g I will expect a candidate to say yes I will allow the discussion of secession or it is a "no go Area". Should Local government areas be named in the constitution etc. There is discussion informal and discussion formal the one just talk the other with a mandate and consequences. Jonathan did not campaign on this agenda and bringing it in now so late in the day means it will not be possible to implement anything before he leaves in 2015(he is leaving by the way)
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by eggheaders(m): 7:55pm On Nov 08, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Am not talking about Lagos, I mean those yorubatic states.
And moreover, I don't have time for that kind of argument this night, o were ihe a na akari akari.

There are more Igbo in aleshinloye, Iwo road and gate than all yorubas in alaigbo.

13 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 08, 2013
eggheaders:

There are more Igbo in aleshinloye, Iwo road and gate than all yorubas in alaigbo.

yawns....
I have made my point.
Leave igbos out of this biko, they do biz everywhere on this planet, no matter the weather.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by eggheaders(m): 8:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
ngozievergreen:

yawns....
I have made my point.
Leave igbos out of this biko, they do biz everywhere on this planet, no matter the weather.

You are dumber than wood. What is there that you can't comprehend, igbos don't go to anywhere in the south west except Lagos, we disproof that misinformation. Whatelse do you want, Keep making Imb..eciles feel like Nobel winners with your hyper stupidity syndrome.

18 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by femogbangba: 8:58pm On Nov 08, 2013
ngozievergreen:

yawns....
I have made my point.

Thank you for your insightful contribution as always.

Igbos' ability to do business everywhere is legendary, well known and documented. However, do you have any contributions to make with regards to the topic of the thread?

@ Topic

I think this part of his statement is thought provoking:

Speaking further on the need for the dialogue, the elder statesman noted that, “Nigeria belongs to all of us. This country was made one by our colonial masters and they didn’t say either north or south should be superior or inferior to the other. There is no country in the world where some people are second class and others are first class citizens so we must sit down and discuss the basis of our unity in this country.”
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 9:26pm On Nov 08, 2013
femogbangba:

Thank you for your insightful contribution as always.

Igbos' ability to do business everywhere is legendary, well known and documented. However, do you have any contributions to make with regards to the topic of the thread?

@ Topic

I think this part of his statement is thought provoking:

Speaking further on the need for the dialogue, the elder statesman noted that, “Nigeria belongs to all of us. This country was made one by our colonial masters and they didn’t say either north or south should be superior or inferior to the other. There is no country in the world where some people are second class and others are first class citizens so we must sit down and discuss the basis of our unity in this country.”
The question of questioning the basis of unity presupposes distinct groups,tribes,ethnicities or nations or whatever other terminology might be most suitable. In the event that those who wield the instruments of coercion decide that orderly secession is acceptable how are we to delineate all these groups ,tribes etc and what territories belong to whom? Assuming we do decide to remain together a total restructuring would seem desirable but again yes "what basis" many would argue that the state as a unit of representation,access to "commonwealth" and power to change the constitution install presidents etc is problematic the question is why would those who enjoy the status quo give up advantage willingly. It is impossible to see meaningful negotiation proceed without secession as a genuine lever. To the major ethnic groups the so called Geo-political zones might make sense but in reality SS and NC are meaningless agglomerations. Can the SS or NC live happily ever after as separate entities? I doubt this much. It seems to me that we must accept an open ended solution. One of continuous dialogue im 10 or 20 year cycles. We agree some things and postpone orders but there must be CORE issues for IMMEDIATE resolution such as Resource control,decentralized police and a much smaller Federal Government.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 08, 2013
dayokanu:

guy I wan ask you one question does anytime u see the word igbo anxiety come to ur heart ,why do u like tribalism too much,u registered 200f and has spend 1year of ur life hating on igbos?chei na wa o,na una type dey die of heart attack

8 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by OneNaira6: 11:07pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Shut up! Was any referendum cOducted before Mid-Western Region was created.

A big Fat YES. Don't try to change Our history. If you Weren't aware Of It, You're Are Aware now. Attached Is The Result

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by OneNaira6: 11:13pm On Nov 08, 2013
eggheaders:

You are dumber than wood. What is there that you can't comprehend, igbos don't go to anywhere in the south west except Lagos, we disproof that misinformation. Whatelse do you want, Keep making Imb..eciles feel like Nobel winners with your hyper stupidity syndrome.

You disproved It How? by naming area in your region and telling Us Igbo Lives There. No Facts, No Figure, No Nothing But A Mere Heresay.Wow What A Way To Disprove Something. Lmfao

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by automaticcars: 1:27am On Nov 09, 2013
Finally, this thread is back in politics section. The Ibo moderators (Sexaddict and Afam4never) have been put in their corners.tongue

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Katsumoto: 1:38am On Nov 09, 2013
So someone with common sense finally restored the thread to the Politics section.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by automaticcars: 1:40am On Nov 09, 2013
Katsumoto: So someone with common sense finally restored the thread to the Politics section.

Seun has lost the control of this forum.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by CyberG: 3:54am On Nov 09, 2013
In order for the people's of Nigeria to be able to respect each other, it is crucial to moderate the over-familiarization of the different components of Nigerian society and also pull the country put of poverty - a poor man will say anything, do anything and is really frustrated! If Nigeria becomes re-arranged as regional governments, it would give the right mix of autonomy and interaction with other Nigerians so there is mutual respect. Because of the "anything goes" happening everywhere now, every part of the country is basically passing the buck and expecting the other person to "do it" and in the end, no one takes responsibility, no one can be held directly accountable. Regional governments will make it possible to hold the leaders accountable and there will be no opportunity to play the tribalism card like it is today because as soon as someone is accused of corruption, the muddying of the waters with claims of victimization because of tribe is always their escape route or religion. In a regional arrangement, there is less chance of that, you know you are competing with (at least) 5 other regions and you have bills to pay at the end of the month.

It would become clear who does well and who is managing their resources better and other regions may be able to learn a lesson or two from the other one. Invariably, if indeed the parts that are always showing confidence now can back it up by actions, it would become very clear and we can actually begin to respect each other. Regional governments is the way to go and I hope all Nigerians can support this change rather than we remain in this current quagmire of a pseudo-federalism.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by musiwa112: 4:54am On Nov 09, 2013
One_Naira,, it is not possible for the east and the north to remove any portion of western nigeria according to international law.. even before azikiwe(igbo) conduct the referendum he jail everybody.. if you look at the satellite pictures, there was no referendum, he just made up figures. tht what happened. because they rig election in nigeria.

only a referedum by the united nation can remove a portion... so what he did illegal .. here is asari dokubu from jonathan ethnic group. tell you.. either you vote for jonathan or not. he will be president in 2015. election in africa does not matter.

they just made up figures. you can see there was no akoko edo on the list that azikiwe announced but there was akoko edo at that time and still is. which are yoruba akoko. this is one of the reason people went on riot.

if you look at the figure, it state itsekiri vote yes... which was not true. because after that referendum result was announced the itsekiri went on a riot saying they all voted no... so azikiwe send in the police.. not only in itsekiriland several area went on riot... but azikiwe was an igbo man who had made up his mind to remove the area.. azikiwe was a dictator.. this is why awolowo, enahoro etc did not support biafra.

the whole of the area in question fought against biafra because of this false referendum by azikiwe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNhcPRmNX38

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by atlwireles: 5:26am On Nov 09, 2013
musiwa112: One_Naira,, it is not possible for the east and the north to remove any portion of western nigeria according to international law.. even before azikiwe(igbo) conduct the referendum he jail everybody.. if you look at the satellite pictures, there was no referendum, he just made up figures. tht what happened. because they rig election in nigeria.

only a referedum by the united nation can remove a portion... so what he did illegal .. here is asari dokubu from jonathan ethnic group. tell you.. either you vote for jonathan or not. he will be president in 2015. election in africa does not matter.

they just made up figures. you can see there was no akoko edo on the list that azikiwe announced but there was akoko edo at that time and still is. which are yoruba akoko. this is one of the reason people went on riot.

if you look at the figure, it state itsekiri vote yes... which was not true. because after that referendum result was announced the itsekiri went on a riot saying they all voted no... so azikiwe send in the police.. not only in itsekiriland several area went on riot... but azikiwe was an igbo man who had made up his mind to remove the area.. azikiwe was a dictator.. this is why awolowo, enahoro etc did not support biafra.

the whole of the area in question fought against biafra because of this false referendum by azikiwe.

You are a big liar

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Rogers210(m): 5:38am On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

LOL.

So E. Clark, a South-Southerner for that matter, could be this vocal & even accord preferential acknowledgement for Baba Awo, even over his own former regional leader Nnamdi Zik.

Men. THIS IS SO HILARIOUS. !! grin grin ;
In fact, BABA AWO, U too MUCH OOOO.
Point of correction; Edwin Clarks part of the country was in the western region, not the eastern region.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 09, 2013
Umm.... I wouldnt be that joyous about that Edvin Clark Statement if I was the Yorubas on this post. Because basically what hes saying his "We want out Ijaw Nation, we want to control our resources, and guess what? The Yorubas have been the ones agitating for separation for eons now..."

A classic case of: Open Praise, disguised instigation. Do not trust anything from the mouth of the man whose antics gave GEJ enough confidence to go openly insane.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by basilo101: 9:24am On Nov 09, 2013
dayokanu:

hehehehe, una no get anoda line of defence except dis same rubish? If u hv decided 2 die ur land in agberoism and hooliganis while waiting 4 an awolowo 4 free tins, i'm ready 2 explore d world 4 opportuinities.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 09, 2013
Rogers210: Point of correction; Edwin Clarks part of the country was in the western region, not the eastern region.

OOPS. I Goofed. !!

....Thanks so much for the correction. smiley

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 9:51am On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

OOPS. I Goofed. !!

....Thanks so much for the correction. smiley
Well done!No one knows everything but it is good to admit your errors
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 9:52am On Nov 09, 2013
The issue here is can the South have a common agenda in entering National Dialogue
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 09, 2013
One_Naira:

A big Fat YES. Don't try to change Our history. If you Weren't aware Of It, You're Are Aware now. Attached Is The Result
I ony asked a question. If a referendum, which is the right of the people in self determination, how come Odumegwu Ojukwu clamped down on those that were at the forefront for the creation of new states when Rivers and South Eastern states were created on 27-05-1967? Dappa Biriye, Elechi Amadi, Okogbule Wonodi and others from the newly created Rivers State were dealt with by Ojukwu during the Civil War.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Rhino5dm: 10:10am On Nov 09, 2013
Katsumoto: So someone with common sense finally restored the thread to the Politics section.

A clear organisational break down is what we've just witnessed within the last 24 hours. Seun allowed a poor little kid to rundown the most sensitive and important section of this forum. What baffles me most is how on EARTH would any sensible person allow a retarded kid to handle the most sensitive aspect of his lifetime project? #Damn You Seun!!!

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 09, 2013
0monnakoda: The issue here is can the South have a common agenda in entering National Dialogue
The bitter truth is that the south cannot enter the proposed national conference with a common agenda, going by history. The SE is going there with one mindset - to secede and have Biafra. The SW case even beyond the south. It may want a situation where the Yoruba in NC, would join it in the SW. Gbonigi, E. K. Clark, Emeka Ezeife and all those in their group would realize they cannot forge a common front like the 19 northern states.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 10:28am On Nov 09, 2013
Ola Johnson:
The bitter truth is that the south cannot enter the proposed national conference with a common agenda, going by history. The SE is going there with one mindset - to secede and have Biafra. The SW case even beyond the south. It may want a situation where the Yoruba in NC, would join it in the SW. Gbonigi, E. K. Clark, Emeka Ezeife and all those in their group would realize they cannot forge a common front like the 19 northern states.
How do you know the mindset of the SE ? Let us be objective here. Is that based on what is said on Nairaland or SE political leaders? Who is talking secession from SE is it Bianca Ojuiku ,Ngige or Obi or Rochas or Ekwueme or Ohanaeze??

A common agenda for the South does not mean TOTAL agreement but I believe there are areas for compromise. I think the south want more powers to be devolved from the centre and greater resource control and less Sharia
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Tolexander: 10:41am On Nov 09, 2013
Wao!

You guys did a very wonderful work for making this thread to be restored here, despite all waves and tribulations against it.

Kudos!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Breaking! Belgore Declares To Run For Gubernatorial Office In Kwara Under APC. / Buhari At The Opening Of CHOGM In Malta (Photos) / Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.