Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark (20539 Views)

See The Different Headlines In Today's Sun Newspaper / Oluwole Awolowo Is Dead? / Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 09, 2013
CyberG:

Life has already judge you - a man who was unsung and unknown all his life! Even in Biafra days, you were neither a hero or a peon to be reckoned with, in Nigeria you are pained that you are still bossed around and you never made it, so shall it be when you kick the bucket too! You are not worth even the shaite of a dog, so I refuse to engage you and wish every poster could do the same! Your voice has never counted in Nigeria, whether in he past, present or future so shut it!
Don't mind Gull. The shrapnels that got into his skull have remained there. They really need to be removed.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 09, 2013
shy-mmex:
Honestly, Yoruba's don't need a green snake under the green grass to tell them what they already know. He might believe what he said and he probably has a lot of respect for Awolowo. However, that doesn't negate the politics being played here and what's at stake.

I believe GEJ is doing everything possible to placate the Yoruba's, and nick votes from them in 2015. He knows Yoruba's are at the forefront of SNC, hence why he has decided to create this ruse to generate interest. Then pulled another smart one by making a Yoruba head the SNC committee. And subsequently he made a Yoruba the head of the Nigerian Intelligence thingy. I'm sure he would throw more baits at the Yoruba's, in the next few months.

They're trying to play chess towards 2015 and Yoruba's need to be vigilant. I'm not partisan, however, I believe APC would cater more to Yoruba interests, than the incumbent. The man, GEJ, is utterly useless - and he needs to be booted out. Yoruba's need to vote as a bloc and vote against him.

PS: who the fekky fvck banned my handles? This fugly and smelly albino definitely wants to be e-slapped on his fvcked face for red-face syndrome. No time for inconsequential peasants. You can ban this one as well, you narcissistic midget, whose only claim to relevance is by butt-hugging the next man's sweat. How about get your bum ar.se off the forum and go create something you can actually own by yourself, you reprobate son of an eunuch?

I'm out!
Ahmed Tinubu and other Yoruba people that knew GEJ is using this and others you've mentioned as well as the reconstruction of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway as baits to get them have expressed some reservation on the SNC. It's unfortunate only the South West, Edo State and some few states are seeing the handwriting on the wall.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Arysexy(m): 5:26pm On Nov 09, 2013
I don't know wot this tribally laced thread is doing in politics section.

Clarke whom d yorubas av been cursing ever since gave them d banana they wanted and all of a sudden he spoke d truth.

Yoruba are known loud mouths and chest beaters! Ojukwu's sarcasm dat 'awo was d best president Nigeria NEVER had' was used by d chest beaters to hail dia villain god, d killer of women and children and a suicide coward.

They claim sophisticated politically, is sophistication playing tribal politics? He used tribalism to woo zik's victorious member to his AG, by brainwashing them day zik an easterner can't win southn this is d genesis of tribal poilitics.

They claim to be highly educated, yet prof kenneth dike was d first indigenous vc after d white left. Njoku was d first vc of unilag, where wia d educated yorubas then? Keep living in d past when d statistics presently says otherwise.

Yoruba delusion and loud mouth knows no bound, smart politicians knows how to get at yorubas, dats y Tinubu is riding on them using awoism, a corrupt polithiefian for dat matter, do I need to tell u dat clarke is smarter than u all, he knows wot he is doing. Go read clarke's stand on yorubas b4 now then come back.

Attack dogs, I await ur reply, u invited us to this thread from page one, lets get down d mud.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by geeez: 5:28pm On Nov 09, 2013
dozzybaba: Who is Awo

The man responsible for the developments in today's Western Nigeria

The man is the reason why you see a visit to Lagos the same way we treat a trip to New York

7 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Katsumoto: 5:33pm On Nov 09, 2013
Arysexy: I don't know wot this tribally laced thread is doing in politics section.

Clarke whom d yorubas av been cursing ever since gave them d banana they wanted and all of a sudden he spoke d truth.

Yoruba are known loud mouths and chest beaters! Ojukwu's sarcasm dat 'awo was d best president Nigeria NEVER had' was used by d chest beaters to hail dia villain god, d killer of women and children and a suicide coward.

They claim sophisticated politically, is sophistication playing tribal politics? He used tribalism to woo zik's victorious member to his AG, by brainwashing them day zik an easterner can't win southn this is d genesis of tribal poilitics.

They claim to be highly educated, yet prof kenneth dike was d first indigenous vc after d white left. Njoku was d first vc of unilag, where wia d educated yorubas then? Keep living in d past when d statistics presently says otherwise.

Yoruba delusion and loud mouth knows no bound, smart politicians knows how to get at yorubas, dats y Tinubu is riding on them using awoism, a corrupt polithiefian for dat matter, do I need to tell u dat clarke is smarter than u all, he knows wot he is doing. Go read clarke's stand on yorubas b4 now then come back.

Attack dogs, I await ur reply, u invited us to this thread from page one, lets get down d mud.

'In political terms, he would be considered an adversary of the igbos given the intense rivalry between him and Dr Nnamdi Azikwe. As a leader of the modern cast, he has left Nigeria standards which are indelible, standards beside which future aspirants to public leadership can be eternally measured. He was firm, articulate, painstaking, and uncompromising. He was, for a long time, the only Nigerian leader who enunciated principles and played down personalities. He was a brilliant political administrator and a most erudite teacher. He not only identified himself wholly with the aspirations of the Yoruba people of Nigeria but also he was able to convince the Yoruba people of Nigeria that he and only he epitomized the highest point of their political aspirations and consciousness. He was loved, he was feared but above all he belonged to the people he professed to lead. At his death I had the singular honour of proposing for him the epitaph that has endured – ‘he was the best President that Nigeria never had’.

Many have wondered what I meant by this, but I believe the statement was clear. Nigeria would have benefited from his presidency because of his inate presidential qualities. Nigeria must continually regret that he never, for many reasons, had the opportunity to serve at the presidential level. Awo was a leader of great stature. He was a leader who was eminently successful. That he did not fulfill a presidential ambition cannot detract from his leadership, and us, poor us, who were not his people, must continue, to regret that our own leaders had not led us as he did his people or achieved for us as he did for his people.

He perceived his job as leading his people and God his soul. He did a lot for them. Whenever he saw an opportunity for his people, he went for it. He had a dream for the Yorubas and was steadfast in the pursuit of that dream. He knew where he was going and took his people with him without deceit. That is why he will remain immortal in the area of his influence.'

Emeka Ojukwu - "Because I Am Involved" page 159- 160.

Is that clear enough for you?

For the second bolded part, Igbos produced the first VCs because Igbbos were in power with the North. Same reason why Ironsi was made GOC even though the outgoing British GOC recommended Ogundipe.

You really need to gain some knowledge and increase your logical reasoning before you dive into debates.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Arysexy(m): 5:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
geeez:

The man responsible for the developments in today's Western a Nigeria

The man is the reason why you see a visit to Lagos the same way we treat a trip to New York

Which of the bridges, roads and structures in lagos did awo build? Was lagos d capital of western nigeria or ibadan? Even at dat ibadan stil remains shyt covered wit rustic corrugated zincs.

I know say una weak to chase igbos out of lagos, u can only whine and complain, igbos are in lagos bc awaolowo said so. Deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 09, 2013
DerideGull:

The dark sides of Awolowo’s free educational system in western region of Nigeria are being loathed on this forum and suddenly you decided to increment the odds. The people of eastern region of Nigeria were been killed in other regions of Nigeria and were asked to relocate to eastern region by irate crowds supported by indigenous folks in uniform. When the easterners obliged to relocate to eastern region yet Gowon initiated a war against them.

If the best option for Ojukwu was to approach the UN for self determination, may I ask you in what capacity?
Any person could have appraoched the UN, but Ojukwu wouldn't want this because of his selfishness to rule a sovereign state which became clear when he declare Biafra three days after 12 states were created on 27-05-1967. He was pained because Rivers (today's Rivers and Bayelsa states) and South Eastern (today's Cross-River and Akwa Ibom states) states were carved out of the defunct Eastern Region.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by hercules07: 5:42pm On Nov 09, 2013
Arysexy:

Which of the bridges, roads and structures in lagos did awo build? Was lagos d capital of western nigeria or ibadan? Even at dat ibadan stil remains shyt covered wit rustic corrugated zincs.

I know say una weak to chase igbos out of lagos, u can only whine and complain, igbos are in lagos bc awaolowo said so. Deal with it.

Educate yourself, Western Nigeria was up to Ebute Meta, the Island was the capital not Lagos State.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Arysexy(m): 5:42pm On Nov 09, 2013
Katsumoto:

'In political terms, he would be considered an adversary of the igbos given the intense rivalry between him and Dr Nnamdi Azikwe. As a leader of the modern cast, he has left Nigeria standards which are indelible, standards beside which future aspirants to public leadership can be eternally measured. He was firm, articulate, painstaking, and uncompromising. He was, for a long time, the only Nigerian leader who enunciated principles and played down personalities. He was a brilliant political administrator and a most erudite teacher. He not only identified himself wholly with the aspirations of the Yoruba people of Nigeria but also he was able to convince the Yoruba people of Nigeria that he and only he epitomized the highest point of their political aspirations and consciousness. He was loved, he was feared but above all he belonged to the people he professed to lead. At his death I had the singular honour of proposing for him the epitaph that has endured – ‘he was the best President that Nigeria never had’.

Many have wondered what I meant by this, but I believe the statement was clear. Nigeria would have benefited from his presidency because of his inate presidential qualities. Nigeria must continually regret that he never, for many reasons, had the opportunity to serve at the presidential level. Awo was a leader of great stature. He was a leader who was eminently successful. That he did not fulfill a presidential ambition cannot detract from his leadership, and us, poor us, who were not his people, must continue, to regret that our own leaders had not led us as he did his people or achieved for us as he did for his people.

He perceived his job as leading his people and God his soul. He did a lot for them. Whenever he saw an opportunity for his people, he went for it. He had a dream for the Yorubas and was steadfast in the pursuit of that dream. He knew where he was going and took his people with him without deceit. That is why he will remain immortal in the area of his influence.'

Emeka Ojukwu - "Because I Am Involved" page 159- 160.

Is that clear enough for you?

For the second bolded part, Igbos produced the first VCs because Igbbos were in power with the North. Same reason why Ironsi was made GOC even though the outgoing British GOC recommended Ogundipe.

You really need to gain some knowledge and increase your logical reasoning before you dive into debates.

STORY dat touches yoruba's heart.

Anyway, Goodmorning mr katsumoto. Hope ur ego is massaged by my goodmorning?

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 09, 2013
Cusubaba: Did i hear u said Yorubas opened the doors of education and development to Igbo's? Guy ur poky olodo. The first Vice Cancellor of University of Ibadan which is in yoruba land is an Igbo man. The first Nigeriaa to trade with European is an Igbo man ( Jaja Nwachukwu). The first richest man in Nigeria is an Igbo man ( Linus Ojukwu) The first President of Nigeria is an Igbo man. The first millitary president of Nigeria is an Igbo man. The first Senete president of Nigeria is an Igbo. The first graduate to enter Nigeria military force is an Igbo man( Odimegwu Ojukwu). shut up poky! The time Igbos open eyes, Yorubas were blind in their cave called Oduduwa Republic( banana).
And you call this achievement. Awolowo's achievement are there in:
1. The first skyscraper - the 25 storey Cocoa House, Ibadan.
2. The first olympic size stadium in Africa, Liberty Stadium, Ibadan.
3. Ikeja Industrial Estate.
4. The first TV station in Africa. This feat was achieved before France and Spain in Europe.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Katsumoto: 5:47pm On Nov 09, 2013
Arysexy:

Try to know the difference between Lagos Island and Lagos State first.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by whitecat007: 5:48pm On Nov 09, 2013
I wish to like this all day!

Seun has no idea what he's up against in ibos. He of all people should know by now that ibos don't like anything Yoruba and will kill this forum if given the chance.

So Seun, you are not pleasing anyone by putting ibos as mods, they will still call you names whenever they want.
Rhino.5dm:

A clear organisational break down is what we've just witnessed within the last 24 hours. Seun allowed a poor little kid to rundown the most sensitive and important section of this forum. What baffles me most is how on EARTH would any sensible person allow a retarded kid to handle the most sensitive aspect of his lifetime project? #Damn You Seun!!!

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Arysexy(m): 5:51pm On Nov 09, 2013
hercules07:

Educate yourself, Western Nigeria was up to Ebute Meta, the Island was the capital not Lagos State.

U need d education, dude. Tell me d development awolowo brot to lagos dat made it a newyork for d igbos as d animal I quoted wrote.

Which of d bridges in lagos did awo build? Lagos island was capital of Nigeria bt capital teritory extended beyond lag island.

All ur efforts to re-write history shall be twarted. Only d truth can set u free.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by nagoma(m): 5:54pm On Nov 09, 2013
He said what everybody knows. This grumpy old man is one tribalist Nigerians can do without. Now he thinks Yoruba's will like him and his cretin son for praising Awolowo.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by hercules07: 5:57pm On Nov 09, 2013
Arysexy:

U need d education, dude. Tell me d development awolowo brot to lagos dat made it a newyork for d igbos as d animal I quoted wrote.

Which of d bridges in lagos did awo build? Lagos island was capital of Nigeria bt capital teritory extended beyond lag island.

All ur efforts to re-write history shall be twarted. Only d truth can set u free.

How can capital territory extend beyond the island when the other area had a government in place, the industrial estates on the mainland were his work.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Arysexy(m): 5:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
whitecat007: I wish to like this all day!

Seun has no idea what he's up against in ibos. He of all people should know by now that ibos don't like anything Yoruba and will kill this forum if given the chance.

So Seun, you are not pleasing anyone by putting ibos as mods, they will still call you names whenever they want.

So says d biggest bigot in dis forum. Yorubas are d greatest enemy of ndigbo, I used to doubt it bt since I joned this forum, I began to see it displayed in comments. When igbos are killed in d north, NL yoruba bigots pop champagne and taunt d igbos, they lament and wish d igbos leave lagos yet claim one nigeria.

U wish igbo mods are not here so dat ur yoruba mods will be banning them as they use to do before seun balanced things. Keep whinning. Nkita!

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Katsumoto: 6:00pm On Nov 09, 2013
Arysexy:

STORY dat touches yoruba's heart.

Anyway, Goodmorning mr katsumoto. Hope ur ego is massaged by my goodmorning?

That's all you can say after you have been publicly shamed?
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Arysexy(m): 6:04pm On Nov 09, 2013
Katsumoto:

That's all you can say after you have been publicly shamed?

Here comes d chest beater again, young man u need to understand ojukwu. When u read ojukwu literally u get injured. I greeted u 'good morning' dat was ojukwu's sacarsm to ken saro wiwa in d evening and I hope u know literally goodmorning is a greeting, bt go figure wot it meant. U shamed urself.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 6:05pm On Nov 09, 2013
hercules07:

Katsumoto:

Try to know the difference between Lagos Island and Lagos State first.
geeez:

The man responsible for the developments in today's Western a Nigeria

What is the subject matter of this thread.

Man should lead dogs .When dogs leads man their is chaos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by hercules07: 6:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
0monnakoda:

Hmmm
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Arysexy(m): 6:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
0monnakoda:

Very unfortunate dat dogs have been leading men in this thread ryt from page 1. Thats wia water enterd opi ugbogiri.

Hope the dogs take back seat and allow men discuss, otherwise there will be greater chaos here.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2013
Arysexy:

So far, your defences hold no water. !

No amount of historical twist you can make here that can ever undermine Awo's legendary contributions IN the whole SW states.

Run from pillar to posts, any other Nigerian asides the Ibhoes on NL I so far know wiont acknowledge any other effort as much as Awo's legacies in his SW.

E.Clarke is a living witness, So you & your Ibhoes may go wild for all I care. !
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by nagoma(m): 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2013
0monnakoda: The other issue is weighting. Weight referes to he relative share of federal legislature or power to determine presidency. The arbitrary creation of states has advantage certain regions more than others and this needs to be redressed. The problem is on what basis or what "starting point". No one gives away advantage without a fight or for nothing.

What basis is good question.it needs to be redefined. When a duckling thinks he is swan. A minority tribe in a small enclave think they are equal to a region.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Shakiratuu: 6:32pm On Nov 09, 2013
Shame you let omonakonda off the hook so lightly. You were rebutting his ill thought out arguments brilliantly and maintained focus eve though he was throwing back hand jibes at you but once he said sorry for clearly trying to debase you, you let him off the hook. You were doing do well. In future, don't let a menial apology without substance throw you off course.

You are a brilliant debater.
St_Black:

No amount of historical twist you can make here that can ever undermine Awo's legendary contributions IN the whole SW states.

Run from pillar to posts, any other Nigerian asides the Ibhoes on NL I so far know wiont acknowledge any other effort as much as Awo's legacies in his SW.

E.Clarke is a living witness, So you & your Ibhoes may go wild for all I care. !
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Katsumoto: 6:35pm On Nov 09, 2013
5. In the West the grant of Regional self-government has on balance been justified. The Action Group Government, led by the Premier, Chief Awolowo, have proved reasonable and competent administrators and, although with the steady run-down of the cadre of overseas officers there is bound to be some decline in standards of administration, the advanced educational programme of the Region should in time provide sufficient replacements. The Premier aspires to national leadership and has to this end formed a close alliance with the principal Opposition elements in the North and East.

6. In the East government has seriously run down. Dr. Azikiwe (" Zik "wink, leader of the N.C.N.C. remains in power as the personification of Ibo tribalism, but his chronic unwillingness to tolerate around him men of independence of mind has brought into being a Regional Executive Council, almost all of whom are nonentities. Some of the Federal Ministers drawn from his Party, notably Dr. Mbadiwe, have recently lost their posts through constant but so far ineffective warfare against his personal dictatorship of party affairs. His star may be on the wane. At present he has no serious rival as leader of the Ibos, who are much the largest race in the Region, and although it would be much healthier for Nigeria if his hand were removed from the helm, the time has passed when Her Majesty's
Government could take any effective action to hasten this process. He must be left to the disillusionment of his own people.

7. The vast Northern Region is still well behind the others in " progress." Two-thirds of its 18 million people are strict Muslims, accepting the authority of their Emirs. Educational progress is still slow and there is no prospect for a generation of the Region being able to replace from its own resources the overseas officers who have served them so well. The North fears and dislikes the more educated Southerners and if they were not economically bound to the Federation would be glad to be quit of it. The Emirs have for the most part recognised that they must come to terms with democracy and support the party at present in power, the N.P.C. The Premier, the Sardauna of Sokoto, is himself of a princely family.

A Memorendum on Nigeria's Constitutional Conference (1957-1958) and Background to the Willink Commission
By Alan Lennox-Boyd, Secretary of State for the Colonies (1954-1959), United Kingdom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 6:37pm On Nov 09, 2013
nagoma:

What basis is good question.it needs to be redefined. When a duckling thinks he is swan. A minority tribe in a small enclave think they are equal to a region.
Lol
That is funny but that is why there should be devolution of powers and resource control. Is it right to go swanning about with a duckling's resources.
The key issue is that I don't think there can be true negotiation if there is no secession option. Though I don't think secession should be immediate. If a group are not able to reach a compromise then they should be allowed to conduct a plebiscite on secession with perhaps a ten year timetable.This would have to be UN sanctioned.
A situation where minorities are terrorized by majorities is not ideal and I don't think minorities should hold the majority to ransom but people should have a right to opt in or out. I am not opposed e.g to Biafra but the use of force was a mistake. It is most likely that if the North does not make significant compromise Nigeria will split. For one we have to scrap all forms of Sharia in the political space and resource transfer schemes from South to North. Again resource control can be phased so we increase from 13 to 14 to 15 ,16,17 etc year by year or a similar formula till we reach an agreed level and the rest shoul go to the FG I don't support the idea of oil revenue from Rivers forming the basis for the budget of Oyo State or Kebbi State. Any State that cannot fund itself should be merged with others
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 09, 2013
0monnakoda:
Lol
That is funny but that is why there should be devolution of powers and resource control. Is it right to go swanning about with a duckling's resources.
The key issue is that I don't think there can be true negotiation if there is no secession option. Though I don't think secession should be immediate. If a group are not able to reach a compromise then they should be allowed to conduct a plebiscite on secession with perhaps a ten year timetable.This would have to be UN sanctioned.
A situation where minorities are terrorized by majorities is not ideal and I don't think minorities should hold the majority to ransom but people should have a right to opt in or out. I am not opposed e.g to Biafra but the use of force was a mistake. It is most likely that if the North does not make significant compromise Nigeria will split. For one we have to scrap all forms of Sharia in the political space and resource transfer schemes from South to North. Again resource control can be phased so we increase from 13 to 14 to 15 ,16,17 etc year by year or a similar formula till we reach an agreed level and the rest shoul go to the FG I don't support the idea of oil revenue from Rivers forming the basis for the budget of Oyo State or Kebbi State. Any State that cannot fund itself should be merged with others

So far in world history, hardly has a country splitted without the eventuality of a war.

No matter what, a dissolution sanctioned by the UN remains "almost" impracticable, or dont you think so?
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Arysexy(m): 6:59pm On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

Who cares? Clarke told u ppl wot u needed to hear so as to agree and reach a common groind which is Resource control. Get that?

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by femogbangba: 7:01pm On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

So far in world history, hardly has a country splitted without the eventuality of a war.

No matter what, a dissolution sanctioned by the UN remains "almost" impracticable, or dont you think so?

The option to secede is sort of a "bargaining tool"; secession will be the last resort if there is no agreeable compromise between all parties, but that option should fundamentally be on the table.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 7:02pm On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

Well war is possible and even likely but such is life. The Soviet Union did split up though without war but in the case of Nigeria I think war is very likely particularly as there are likely to be different foreign powers at play. That is why I say the North need to think deeply. I don't think force can hold us together for ever and so we need to either find genuine unity or split and face the pangs that that will bring. After a war you can focus on development. Our present "No war No peace" condition is a lot worse than war.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Decryptor(m): 7:09pm On Nov 09, 2013
Arysexy: .

Who cares? Clarke told u ppl wot u needed to hear so as to agree and reach a common groind which is Resource control. Get that?
Don't mind these cowards! Who doesn't know that the easiest way to kill a yoruba man is to rub his ego, speak his language and them WHAM!!! Slash his head with a cutlass

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Jimoh Ibrahim & Olusola Oke’s Names Missing On INEC's Final List / Atiku At American University Of Nigeria's Graduation Ceremony (photos) / Aisha Buhari, The Kitchen And The Other Room By Joseph Edgar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.