Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG (57895 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Gives Conditions To End Strike / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by theoctopus: 2:43pm On Nov 09, 2013
adrandan:

You really shown that u dont understand unionism...the leader must consult his constituency b4 taking vital decisions that directly affects them...ASUU is closer to the masses than u think...they are also average Nigerians like u and i ..thank God they can arrest the govt as they are doing now..Also, they may have their own lapses but the fact still remains that the govt need to understand its duties and perform it if it wants to avoid this kind of mess...Let us support ASUU we can still trust them better than an average Nigerian politician in office...

We will not support ASUU. they are on a cheap blackmail campaign
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by proffemi: 2:45pm On Nov 09, 2013
theoctopus: We will not support ASUU. they are on a cheap blackmail campaign
You are so sure of this. And yet, when I ask what can you do to prevent or reduce ASUU's excesses, no answer from you...
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Mickey7(m): 2:50pm On Nov 09, 2013
Y are nigerians wicked cry
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Mickey7(m): 2:52pm On Nov 09, 2013
prof.femi:

You are so sure of this. And yet, when I asked what you could do to prevent or reduce ASUU's excesses, no answer came from you...
I no sabi english o but I better pass prof
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Mickey7(m): 2:53pm On Nov 09, 2013
theoctopus:

y are u (nigerians) wicked
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by theoctopus: 2:55pm On Nov 09, 2013
prof.femi:

You are so sure of this. And yet, when I ask what can you do to prevent or reduce ASUU's excesses, no answer from you...

I didn't answer you because your question was funny. How would you ask me what I can do when I am already doing something? By informing and speaking out on this thread and other social media fora, I am already doing something. So please ask another question

1 Like

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by InwehAkpevwe(m): 2:56pm On Nov 09, 2013
There is more 2 d strike dan wat it seams ... ASUU is hiding sumtin frm 9jirians... So after d meetin wit d president, min of edu, min of finance, e.t.c... They r stil nt yet satisfied... God dey watch una oooo... D law of karma stil holds oooo
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Mickey7(m): 2:57pm On Nov 09, 2013
ferdimako:

You're as bad as your lecturers..........why would they bother to improve? Look at your words.
wicked nigerians!!! All they care abt is demselves!
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by theoctopus: 2:57pm On Nov 09, 2013
Mickey7: y are u (nigerians) wicked

You mean like ASUU?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Mickey7(m): 2:59pm On Nov 09, 2013
Inweh Akpevwe: There is more 2 d strike dan wat it seams ... ASUU is hiding sumtin frm 9jirians... So after d meetin wit d president, min of edu, min of finance, e.t.c... They r stil nt yet satisfied... God dey watch una oooo... D law of karma stil holds oooo
seamstress ko tailor ni ! Wicked nigerians!
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by proffemi: 3:02pm On Nov 09, 2013
theoctopus: How would you ask me what I can do when I am already doing something? By informing and speaking out on this thread and other social media fora, I am already doing something

Exactly.
I have said Nigerians like venting (exactly what you are doing) but then, doing nothing else. Believe me, that is not necessarily a characteristic of students globally. I know places where the students would have been far more active and proactive in dealing with the sort of excesses you say Nigerian lecturers indulge in.

But thank you, your answer just confirmed my assertion by implying that it's enough to vent. Someone else will solve the problems. No be so?
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by yungtunchi: 3:14pm On Nov 09, 2013
what am confused abt is dat wat happens 2 us dat got admission dis year?wat if it extends 2 next year hw we go do am are we goin 2 rewrite jamb again or we will still resume with other student plsss help me am confuse plsss pals i will appreciate ur help(cus jamb nor easy 2 pass)
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by chubaba1(m): 3:21pm On Nov 09, 2013
Sec5: To be frank with you,I prefer ASUU calling off this strike january Ist, 2014.
as in new yr gift abi grin
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by ballabriggs: 3:24pm On Nov 09, 2013
theoctopus:

Omokri, you are here again. What is the business of a union with professionalism?

ASUU has its interests which it is pursuing. It is not a professional body but a union and your dubious brain will not change that.

If you want your association of righteous teachers with an ethical code, you can set up your own body with Ebele Jonadunce, Abati and Oronto as pioneer members.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by coolchris(m): 3:29pm On Nov 09, 2013
i strongly believe that all this news about ASUU sometimes might not be true.. Some journalist now use ASUU to drop anyhow article, From what i read from MyedNigeria recently, ASUU and Fg meets next week. How come about the New Condition:
You can read the full developing news @

http://www.myedu.com.ng/ASUU-november-2013-fg-ASUU-meet-next-week/
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Reference(m): 3:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
prof.femi:

How?
Students need to learn to go beyond the obvious. I do not see any threads on Nairaland where students try to be creative in solving their problems. I even threw out a few suggestions, but no one picked them up, because like I said, for the typical Nigerian, it is enough to simply vent.

*I'm going to ignore your brainless prof comment because I am not interested in exchanging abuses (time too precious for that). I am however always interested in showing people that they can be much, much more.

But have the 'lecturers' themselves asked where the government is going to find 1.1 trillion naira. Or are they not also guilty of presumption that 'the money is there' or the usual - 'politicians should take a pay cut.'. Everyone just presumes here. 1.1 trillion is no small money. There are a lot of compromises that will have to be made in other parts of the economy/country I'm sure most have not recognised yet and ASUU/Education cannot bridge in the short term. The situation is bad, very bad.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Rasheed02(m): 3:39pm On Nov 09, 2013
Madawaki01: what is dis one saying??never knew pple can still be dis stewpid
well if u conclude he is stupid then i bet u are stupider.strictly speaking,i think u need a lobotomy.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Kingspin(m): 3:41pm On Nov 09, 2013
Madawaki01: what is dis one saying??never knew pple can still be dis stewpid
You got the msg. These are people of religious extremist. They are nuisance to our society. Thats why the North remains the most backward zone in history. Hope they have not brainwashed you because they rule and survival by brainwashing other Northerns. An average Northerns cant talk have they finish their get busy religion is only the politicans that speak others are Mo.rons.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by nnenna311: 3:42pm On Nov 09, 2013
This is what you get, when dealing with inteligent/educated people.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by slyk2(m): 3:50pm On Nov 09, 2013
I commend ASUU for the position taken so far!
If the government is making any promise to the Nigerian Universities, let it be written and signed by all institutions involved.
Infact, the cheques must be drawn to be cashed on stipulated dates.
We have this money - lets spend it on ourselves.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by dexterinc2003: 4:05pm On Nov 09, 2013
After reading all your posts,I can't help but laugh....so ASUU knows FG can't get d money,yet they want d FG 2 provide it.....the lazy students association wants ASUU to resume by january(even when it's seeming so sure that d FG won't give a better offer than in their dreams)......FG is giving an offer that is hinged 2 it remaining in office till 2019(really smart I must say).....and the rest of us know that even if obama sef sign on behalf of FG,nothing go still happen...... So who is decieving who?FG or ASUU?......my conclusion is dat,ASUU will call off this folly when they truly discover that politicians will always b politicians...and the bitter truth remains that the house(FG) always wins...

1 Like

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by olamisegbe(m): 4:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
Now when ASUU gets this money, how ar we sure is going to be judiciously expended as we have seen in the past, because I knw very well that there are bunch of corrupt lecturers within our compuses. May God save this nation.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by natureem: 4:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
Sec5: To be frank with you,I prefer ASUU calling off this strike january Ist, 2014.
e be like say u don dey madt abi? No carry over 4 me
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by canalily(m): 4:25pm On Nov 09, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: I hope they mentioned this conditional clause to the FG immediately after the meeting. It will look and sound overbearing to come up with this condition days after a 13 hour rigorous meeting with the president.

Such a myopic post!
undecidedar u deaf nd blind? IKPOO ! Didnt you hear them say they will get back to FG before the strike could be called off? Their condition is clear! Can that be possible? If not wether 20hrs or 30hrs meeting without this condition becomes futile. I support ASUU to go on with the strike!!
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by canalily(m): 4:30pm On Nov 09, 2013
yung tunchi: what am confused abt is dat wat happens 2 us dat got admission dis year?wat if it extends 2 next year hw we go do am are we goin 2 rewrite jamb again or we will still resume with other student plsss help me am confuse plsss pals i will appreciate ur help(cus jamb nor easy 2 pass)
lemme ask u, cn u drive ur car wen its faulty? Allow the system to be sanitize. Ur admition is there 4u. U wont germ another JAMB!
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 09, 2013
akonucheinfo: If the publication truly from ASUU, then there is no doubt. The strike will be called off after there main meeting.cos if
Jona can could stay at a meeting for 13hours plus, then all parties
signing the agreement won't be a problem. My fellow pls arrange your things for return cos the war is over

@bolded, not yet bruv! Not yet! grin
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by ollyruffy: 4:44pm On Nov 09, 2013
ASUU. This move is very good. Though the best condition will have been to see all these polithieficians children enrolled in government universities in nigeria.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by comradestalk: 4:54pm On Nov 09, 2013
ASUU your decision is spot on!
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by freeyayo(m): 4:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
These striking Lecturers should know the funds they are getting also brings about more responsibility to change the QUALITY of our education system. They must all throw away their old notes and give students 21st century stuffs!
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by shehuAO: 5:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
ASUU,I continue to tell u,stick to that agreement of 2009,these people called (politicians) cannot be trusted.the students have suffered untold hardship,many may not under stand the benefit of your struggle now,but our children,children will benefit the struggle in future. remember,all your talk,talk during that una marathon meeting must be document and sign by both parties,including the Senate president Mr.David Mark.me I don talk my own.the man said.the people that signed the agreement on behalf of federal government in 2009,were ignorant of what they signed,let him who knows everything sign on behalf of government this tym around.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 09, 2013
UnlimiteD001:

I think ASUU is on course. Enough of this buck passing n broad day denial within d fed govt.

Infact I'll also have to sign d document myself..
Hit "like" if you want to be a signatory to the document!

Bros, even me wan follow sign d agreement o. grin
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by InvertedHammer: 5:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
/

They have not fulfilled the initial conditions...

and you are giving more.

I expect infinite loop to unfold

This issue would have been resolved a long time ago if ASUU had been proactive.
There are at least 10000 ASUU members. They should have chartered buses, drove up
to NASS and beat the NASS members black and blue.

I am surprised that with the analysts and professors among them, ASUU still could not
fathom out that the only language the government understands is violence.

Beat the living daylight out of Mark,Tambuwal, etc and this issue will be resolved under few hours.

MEND, Boko Haram were begged to come to the negotiating table and be settled immediately.
MASSOB, ASUU and other peace-seeking associations are always being given the run around or
do I say, the middle finger.

/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

IMT Student And His "Customised Vehicle" Storm School In Enugu. Photos / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree? / See Why Male Students Don't Pay Attention In School (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.