Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG (57894 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Gives Conditions To End Strike / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by livingstoneony(m): 12:56pm On Nov 09, 2013
extra 2 months to go.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 09, 2013
Not again
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 09, 2013
I dont know about fg oo, buh u c dis lecturers i know dem wella,, there is nothing they will say dat can make me support their cause, because even if all d 2009 agreement are met, nothing good will come out of it.. Many of them are empty headed, most of my lecturers use out dated notes, some dont come to class at all, buh de will set exams, i ask some of my lecturers questions and they tremble, stammer even dodge d question . Tell me how all dis huge sums am hearing will change all of this,. The fact is u can't give wat u don't have. All this lecturers should be screened and when that is done u will find out dat 70 percent of them are incompetent..
Last bullet - these lecturers are not concerned about d students, e no concern them at all, its all about them, and dats wicked,. In my school i pay for ict, sport, blah blah blah, every session, these fees are fixed into d school fees, computer i no c, ordinary ball sef i no c, tell me what they do with all this money. I no fg aint sincere buh dis lecturers own na im worst pass, dem for talk say dem de find as dem go carry chop for d national cake instead of all dis poo. Abeg no vex if ur papa or mama na lecturer o, i just talk my mind
ITS BAD

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Mickey7(m): 1:01pm On Nov 09, 2013
Nigeria wudnt change even if u killed aLl the "corrupt" leaders ... almost every1 in nigeria is corrupt! Frm the leaders to the very 5yr old on ur street! ...tell me U,yes U complaining abt corrupt leaders wudnt do worse if u came to power...,CORRUPTION IS EMBEDDED IN THE DNA OF NIGERIANS! God help Nigeria +wails+

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by proffemi: 1:02pm On Nov 09, 2013
I was getting a little irritated myself about the long silence from ASUU since the meeting with GEJ. Given the OP's post however, I see things differently now. If we need to take a few extra days and steps to make sure we won't have to go on another protracted strike in the next few years, so be it. I'm happy that most folks here seem to share the same view.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
i like dis God bless naija, but not d govt.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
It is absolutely right that ASUU just wants to make sure that the government keeps to the agreement. Sad when government doesn't keep to contract. Leadership and cultural flaw
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Mickey7(m): 1:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
Wicked nigerians!
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 09, 2013
i hate Nija , Ihate The Govt, I Hate ASUU i'm f*&king Fed Up..

1 Like

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Mickey7(m): 1:09pm On Nov 09, 2013
Selfish nigerians!
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Mickey7(m): 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2013
Nolongthing1: i hate Nija , Ihate The Govt, I Hate ASUU i'm f*&king Fed Up..
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Hillaco: 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2013
for dis agreement to stand GEJ most be in offices till 2019
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Mickey7(m): 1:14pm On Nov 09, 2013
Hillaco: for dis agreement to stand GEJ most be in offices till 2019
*cries out loud,rolls on d floor*
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by simdam500(m): 1:14pm On Nov 09, 2013
The only thing i understand in the above story is
However, the Federal Government said it would include the N1.1trn promised ASUU in the education budget starting from next year. It also said it was waiting for the union to know the next step to take.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by igbsam(m): 1:14pm On Nov 09, 2013
Good move by ASUU....Let them document it with signatures from different body of the government. Never trust the government.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by bransye: 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2013
Do you need a realiable investment that is reliable and one that will give you peace of mind? check .. m c d a v e i n
ve s t (dot) c o m
fufill your dreams
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by efedavies: 1:19pm On Nov 09, 2013
we keep saying can FG be trusted?my question is after all the display by ASUU can they also be trusted

1 Like

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Mickey7(m): 1:21pm On Nov 09, 2013
efedavies: we keep saying can FG be trusted?my question is after all the display by ASUU can they also be trusted
shut it pls! Can u b trusted? Wicked nigerians
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by agrovick(m): 1:21pm On Nov 09, 2013
God bless u bro, I was starting to think I'm the only one who finds this set of pple steeewpid
Mickey7: So some nigerian students want the strike to go on? Sum pple dumb sha...tlkin abt makin money fr christmas celebrations ?seriously? What is christmas!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by efedavies: 1:24pm On Nov 09, 2013
Nolongthing1: i hate Nija , Ihate The Govt, I Hate ASUU i'm f*&king Fed Up..
HANG URSEF
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by akonucheinfo(m): 1:24pm On Nov 09, 2013
If the publication truly from ASUU, then there is no doubt. The strike will be called off after there main meeting.cos if Jona can could stay at a meeting for 13hours plus, then all parties signing the agreement won't be a problem. My fellow pls arrange your things for return cos the war is over.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 09, 2013
Mtchew! Strike should go on till Jan. Currently enjoying my work.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by efedavies: 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2013
Mickey7: shut it pls! Can u b trusted? Wicked nigerians
GOAT ARE U FROM CONGO
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Tex42(m): 1:29pm On Nov 09, 2013
Madawaki01: what is dis one saying??never knew pple can still be dis stewpid
Were you at a point in ur life an undergraduate? If yes, I think u shouldn't have any problem coming to terms with what d guy u quoted is saying. Most of our uni lecturers are guilty of what that dude is saying.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by gr8eminent(m): 1:30pm On Nov 09, 2013
Hillaco: for dis agreement to stand GEJ most be in offices till 2019
what is dis 1evn saying. are u a victim of ASUU? If yes, which branch? Cos i doubt ur credentials.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by cyril10(m): 1:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
Those supporting ASUU continued strike doesn't really want to go back to school, are you sure you are not deceiving yourselves? The way I see ASUU and their pranks is that they are not interested in students welfare but the welfare of their pockets .
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by mystical10: 1:33pm On Nov 09, 2013
laplace19:

Supported!!........

No need calling off this strike without FG honouring the agreement after we have spent 4 months at home.........

Moreover,this year is coming to an end and man gat to hustle small for december.....

Let them call it off ending december while school resumes early january......
lolz. So ppl still hustle for x-mas, this children no go kill me.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by dady12: 1:33pm On Nov 09, 2013
another name for nigeria is agreement;in 2002, there was 8 months strike in which ASUU asked for 1999 agreement to be honour,in 2013 ,there was another 4 months strike that require 2009 agreement to be honour,now ,another agreement is around the corner that will require the signature of our world bank CBN,in 2019,there will be another strike that will require 2013 agreement to be honour,what a country!there was a country

1 Like

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Agrika: 1:33pm On Nov 09, 2013
This is getting political
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by humblesteve(m): 1:35pm On Nov 09, 2013
eunisam: 222bl? ASUU una no go pull down Nigeria! GOD will not allow that.

222b is jst a token for jst 2 bullet prove cars ministers buy for dia ministry/demselfs

No big deal for FG

Teamcalloffnextyear#

1 Like

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by humblesteve(m): 1:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
Agrika: This is getting political

Are just waking up
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 09, 2013
Truth be told, this issue goes both ways.
Firstly I would put responsibility on the hands of the FG.
They must do the needful, and carve out a sustainable structure
For the educational sector. Enough of all these lies, the government should
Be the one making policies to better the educational standards of our universities.
ASUU is only doing what the FG has refused to do.

If we had a functional rather than a political ministry of education, my guess would
Be that ASUU would be given standards to meet up to not the other way round. They have
Every right to demand for documents, govt. should not politicise this issue, its not time to, act like they care, when the only thing they want to do is give a public show. We are tired of these movies.

As one who has passed through the Nigerian system of education, I can relate with what ASUU is demanding.
If the FG is sincere they would look critically into the issue and develop a frame work that is both practicable, and repeatable. Bring all the stakeholders together, and speak the truth for once, then deliver on your promise, with a clause in the document, that would also hold ASUU or who ever is at the receiving end accountable.

Truth be told, the entire educational system needs to be overhauled, not just funded alone. There is the need for a complete structural, and intellectual adjustment.

All parties involved are culpable for the rot in the educational system, so everyone should clean her eyes first.

After four months of students staying at home, its better they get a solid agreement, than a mushroom arrangement, just because they want school to resume.

Call it tough love, or whatever, things just have to change.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

IMT Student And His "Customised Vehicle" Storm School In Enugu. Photos / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree? / How To Solve Any Quadratic Equation Using The "Almighty" Formula

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.