Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG (57891 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Gives Conditions To End Strike / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by nakwe(m): 12:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
Hehehe. Once bitten, twice shy.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Sajio(m): 12:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
Good....... And ASUU should also be ready †̥ sign an agreement with FG too, that if after putting in all this funds in the sector withing the period of 5yrs!! ASUU should make sure Nigerian students won't be half-backed graduates....... Else FG should/will dissolve dis Union(ASUU).... The Agreements should be in 2ways.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Iaz93: 12:20pm On Nov 09, 2013
tobnical: I am still waiting for the time students would go on strike and embark on mass protest against the corrupt practices, bribery, sexual harassment and incompetence of some of these lecturers. It shouldn't be ASUU alone all the time. It's high time student unions made a mega plan for mass protest.
Student unions? You mean NANS? That useless NANS? NANS is busy fighting ASUU.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by lirusehn(m): 12:21pm On Nov 09, 2013
ist tym in history i read more dan 50 words. Naffin is constant den
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Sajio(m): 12:25pm On Nov 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
Make than 5 time bitten.

The government is not to be trusted and just cos GEJ sat for 13 hours does not mean ish. They have been sayin the same thing since 2009. I agree with ASUU that we need to see where the money will come from budgetary planning too. That will show sincerity on the part of the FG.

No one wants to resume and strike again in 4 months time.
Good....... And ASUU should also be ready †̥ sign an agreement with FG too, that if after putting in all this funds in the sector withing the period of 5yrs!! ASUU should make sure Nigerian students won't be half-backed graduates....... Else FG should/will dissolve dis Union(ASUU).... The Agreements should be in 2ways.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by amakenny: 12:26pm On Nov 09, 2013
ASUU on political strike? There are pointers to this.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by lacasa: 12:26pm On Nov 09, 2013
utumunta: This is what you get when you put extremists in positions of Authority. From Nasir Faggae, Kwankwaso, Ahmadinejad to Buhari, what we have are men who must have their way against the collective good of the people.
Nigerian students, whenever your lecturers decide to call off the strike and you get back to school; ensure that those lecturers who do not know what they teach, demand for monetary or sexual gratification, guilty of plagiarism and pretended intellectuals are exposed for the frauds that they are. It is high time they are held accountable and made to up their ante. Government cannot fulfill their own side of the bargain with the lecturers only for the students to be shortchanged by lecturers. Since ASUU is interested in arresting the decay in the education sector, let the students help and arrest the rot within their various universities. Say no to the culture of impunity pervading our universities, occassioned by the lecturers.

Judging by this garbage u typed, ASUU shouldn't be your primary concern, Primary education should.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Gbajabiamila1: 12:30pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ofcourse, documents has to be signed and the government should be ready to give its conditions too. As money previously released must have been fully utilized and the results glaring before releasing subsequent funds.
Selfish guys, they wanted to enjoy their 'unearned' allowances that's why they asked for 70 years retirement age. Ole (Re - do ). #Chikena.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Mubby4luv(m): 12:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
Dear ASUU, We the Serious Students of Nigeria (SSN) have agreed to resume school on the 20th of January 2014, because pregnant students must all deliver and hustling students must hammer. So kindly reject every offer from the Federal Government till next year. Thanks!!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
Madawaki01: what is dis one saying??never knew pple can still be dis stewpid

How is he stupid, did u study at any Fed University or are u just turning a blind eye to reality.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Danmas: 12:32pm On Nov 09, 2013
[utumunta]This is what you get when you put extremists in positions of Authority. From Nasir Faggae, Kwankwaso, Ahmadinejad to Buhari, what we have are men who must have their way against the collective good of the people.
Nigerian students, whenever your lecturers decide to call off the strike and you get back to school; ensure that those lecturers who do not know what they teach, demand for monetary or sexual gratification, guilty of plagiarism and pretended intellectuals are exposed for the frauds that they are. It is high time they are held accountable and made to up their ante. Government cannot fulfill their own side of the bargain with the lecturers only for the students to be shortchanged by lecturers. Since ASUU is interested in arresting the decay in the education sector, let the students help and arrest the rot within their various universities. Say no to the culture of impunity pervading our universities, occassioned by the lecturers.
Shame! Shame! on you and the pple who pay you to come and campain for GEJ (DUMBO) 2015 ambition. Instead of him to use the same money for paying pple of your likes to solve the masses problem. With pple like you Nigeria will cöntineou to rot!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 09, 2013
Asked when the lecturers would call off the strike, he said, “I doubt if the strike is ending soon.  The problem is with the Finance Minister. Where is government getting N1trn  from? A government that could not implement agreement between 2009 and 2013, what is the guarantee that they would honour this agreement.

Mummy let the Solution be with you pls,,Help Us na biko

“Imagine the Minister of Education has travelled out of the country. He was appointed Vice President for UNESCO General Assembly.  How can he travel out of the country without resolving the crisis in the education sector?’’

This Man is Wi-c-KE-d....Errand Boy! Misplaced Minister..[/color]
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by howfarwhatagwan: 12:35pm On Nov 09, 2013
Well done ASUU I pray God gives you victory in this fight. It is very sad today when I sit in my class today with students from other countries and I continuously see the gaps/loopholes in my first degree sometimes it is embarrassing but thank God we now have so many opportunities to increase our knowledge outside the classroom, these opportunities are non-existent in the Nigerian education sector. Very sad that students have to loose so much time but the injustice done to our education system is mind blowing I plead with Nigerian students to be patient and if possible rise up to also fight the Government this may seem like a battle between ASUU and FGN but it is not it is actually between FGN and Nigerian citizens

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Mickey7(m): 12:35pm On Nov 09, 2013
So some nigerian students want the strike to go on? Sum pple dumb sha...tlkin abt makin money fr christmas celebrations ?seriously? What is christmas!
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 09, 2013
Asked when the lecturers would call off the strike, he said, “I doubt if the strike is ending soon.  The problem is with the Finance Minister. Where is government getting N1trn  from? A government that could not implement agreement between 2009 and 2013, what is the guarantee that they would honour this agreement.

Mummy let the Solution be with you pls,,Help Us na biko

“Imagine the Minister of Education has travelled out of the country. He was appointed Vice President for UNESCO General Assembly.  How can he travel out of the country without resolving the crisis in the education sector?’’

This Man is Wi-c-KE-d....Errand Boy! Misplaced Minister..

FG is time to prove your sincerity,we are waiting
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Napoleondegreat: 12:38pm On Nov 09, 2013
And tell me now that person that says ASUU is not an arm of the opposition party. What on earth could stop this people from telling the president that they need all Nigerians to sign their agreement with fg during the 13 hour meeting with Gej? Too Many questions are begging for answers in this ASUU/opposition gang-up against the fg and Nigerian students. 1 why were Nasir Fagae and co unable to take decisions on behalf of the people they claim to represent? 2 Why didn't he present the entire ASUU body to Gej since he cannot speak for them? 3 What is the need for his position if he can't take critical decisions in time of need?. 4 Do our various representatives in the national assembly come back to us each time a bill is to be passed in the house to ask for decision they should take on the bill? The fact that fagae and co failed to take decision for ASUU is a complete deception except to any mind that can't reason. If u quote me and talk rubish then God will handle ur affairs the way ASUU has handled Nigerian student for the past 4 months.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by jayte054: 12:39pm On Nov 09, 2013
A government that is bent on dissapointing each time u get into an agrrement with them should b treated worse dan dis. Mesd up individuals who don't even understand deir priorities talk less of responsibilities
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by theoctopus: 12:39pm On Nov 09, 2013
howfarwhatagwan: Well done ASUU I pray God gives you victory in this fight. It is very sad today when I sit in my class today with students from other countries and I continuously see the gaps/loopholes in my first degree sometimes it is embarrassing but thank God we now have so many opportunities to increase our knowledge outside the classroom, these opportunities are non-existent in the Nigerian education sector. Very sad that students have to loose so much time but the injustice done to our education system is mind blowing I plead with Nigerian students to be patient and if possible rise up to also fight the Government this may seem like a battle between ASUU and FGN but it is not it is actually between FGN and Nigerian citizens

Liar! Is ASUU not the main reason for bad education? When they harrass ladies and collect money to give marks, is it the FG that asked them to do it?

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by sixtu: 12:39pm On Nov 09, 2013
pendusky: we are watching this movie, its suspense though, we cant predict the end!
Just sit back relax and enjoy D movie!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by honeric01(m): 12:40pm On Nov 09, 2013
Sec5:

That guy is seriously sick

plus 20+ people who liked his post, sick people everywhere.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by mildteddy(m): 12:41pm On Nov 09, 2013
tyson99: Msscchheeww I don even forget my matric number talkless of d course am studying...(Mechanic learning on point) undecided
So on point bro, I never knew what a camshaft is, until this ASUU strike.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by sixtu: 12:42pm On Nov 09, 2013
Sec5: To be frank with you,I prefer ASUU calling off this strike january Ist, 2014.
FG don gree 4 D condition?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 09, 2013
Its looking less likely that we resume this year.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by kingilemona298(m): 12:44pm On Nov 09, 2013
After I don go buy ghana must go undecided
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by zhirinmai(m): 12:45pm On Nov 09, 2013
Huh ASUU ASUU mtcheew...
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by MODERNISE: 12:45pm On Nov 09, 2013
utumunta: This is what you get when you put extremists in positions of Authority. From Nasir Faggae, Kwankwaso, Ahmadinejad to Buhari, what we have are men who must have their way against the collective good of the people.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by barikay: 12:46pm On Nov 09, 2013
and another agreement should be sign, if d money is diverted from it primary target ASUU should b dealt with

1 Like

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by howfarwhatagwan: 12:47pm On Nov 09, 2013
theoctopus:

Liar! Is ASUU not the main reason for bad education? When they harrass ladies and collect money to give marks, is it the FG that asked them to do it?

Well so you think but believe me the problem with our education is far from these issues you have stated. Is it every lecturer that does what you are saying? NO of course not. now do we have some good lecturers or not? of course we do. Now look at the simple matter of handouts why will any one be talking about handouts in this era of projectors where lecturers can make presentations and send the slides to students or save it in a central system/database maintained by the school? you know the answer to that question.

Now my first degree was in sciences and I can tell you how many practical classes I had not because the lecturers were not willing to organize them but because there were no equipment. How many universities in Nigeria have access to scientific journals where students can also access? you know the answer

Please look beyond... is it only ladies that are in universities? Common be more critical in your analysis of situations

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by muktarmtt(m): 12:49pm On Nov 09, 2013
shut d heck up mumu mtsw.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by LordBabs(m): 12:52pm On Nov 09, 2013

1 Like

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 09, 2013
And it might take another 4months for them to get the affected agencies/parastatals signed the documents. In other words, it's not certain if the strike will end soon. God have mercy!

Season 3 of this great movie has begun. grin Let's keep watching!
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by manyr4luv: 12:54pm On Nov 09, 2013
hammedkola: Okay.
LMAO

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

IMT Student And His "Customised Vehicle" Storm School In Enugu. Photos / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree? / See Why Male Students Don't Pay Attention In School (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.