Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? (22649 Views)

Why Can't Single People 'Just Say No' To Married People? / Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by loswhite(m): 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2013
deols:

Ask her..

If she finds you snooping even though she has done notjing wrong, how do you think she'd feel?

How would you feel if she does not trust you and starts to spy on you

how is going through your wife's phone snooping? If there is no unnecessary restriction to her phone why will u snoop 4 sumtin u already have access to
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by JadeWilliam(f): 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2013
Mshwww.Wot's d big deal in havin access 2ur patner's phone whether married or unmarried.Phone is no big deal.If a man or woman wants 2cheat,he/sh won't leave evidence in his/her phone knwin dat his/her patner might hav access 2it anytym.So if scrutinizin ur patner's phone,laptop or ipad is wot u want 2use 2catch him/her if he/sh is cheating? That is so 1950.

1 Like

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by leaches: 4:24pm On Nov 11, 2013
I fink t s ryt 4 one 2 v access 2 hs or ha partner's phone bt checking t simply means dat dr s no trust in relationship which i dnt tnk s gud.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by solacec4t(f): 4:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
My partner can have access to my phone...he may want to browse,watch a movie or game....

But to scrutinize my phone? wel, i dont see a reason why he should.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Sike(m): 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
It's okay as long as U can stand the Outcome.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by ezeonlinebiz(m): 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
If you truly trust your partner, then I see no reason why you should be acting as CIA at home.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by childofgod12: 4:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
put d question like dis, shud maried peple have acess 2 dier privat parts? Den ansa ursef

2 Likes

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by HARDDON: 4:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
Afam4eva: Enough of all these small small issues abeg. There's no single marriage rule that everyone should adhere to. Just get to know your spouse's likes and dislikes and see if you can keep up. If you can't go find someone else and avoid getting into a marriage w[b]here small issues such as this will cause unnecessarily problems[/b].

how preposterous!

you call this small issue? u luv playing the f001?

isnt it true that to err is human.....? since humans( husby..wify) are prone to err tru diverse means,
how exactly would you get to know and knock them back to reality if u are too busy to check up( tru phones, behavior, eye contact, kiss, aura etc?)

trust dont grow over night and they aint rared tru talks....what you dont know, can kill you....go figure

@op, just imagine the whole block knowing ur wify is a cheat, and u have no idea!

dont get me wrong, if you must do it, do it when u smell a rat and all isnt just adding up with em,,,,,not as a daily exercise

4 Likes

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 11, 2013
Dubemkelly: Unless d person in question is a detector, y wud one give him or herself stress over mundane issues? I don't buy such an idea, everybody has their sensitive matters wch r more or less confidential n some folks r security conscious,u r married aint a platform 2 start being nosey in2 ur spouse's life,he or she needs some breath esp wen d r/ship is bonded n no ish of inattention. Let d mattered kept secrets be known 2 d keeper n learn 2 mind ur biz 2 avoid raising dusts in2 sth u can't handle
to start being nosy? I don't think you know what marriage means.

2 Likes

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by deols(f): 5:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ola def2: yea ure right we have problem going tru such circumstance every time ... She keep complaining if I don't trust her but that's not my view , my concern is to take charge of everything that goes on in our life , I'm just protecting us .. Dazall!

There is a big problem with wanting to take charge of everything in her life. She is not a kid.

See, it is possible that she was not doing anything bad. You checking her phone has lead to some circumstances that are bad. That did not have to happen.

If you suspect anything genuinely, ask her about it..don't spy. You won't have rest if you keep doing that.Get busy with productive things.

Are you doing something bad and afraid that your wife is doing the same? Sometimes unfaithful men become suspicious of their spouse because of what they themselves do.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Pasca07: 5:07pm On Nov 11, 2013
From what i have read so far,their are lots of barchelor and spinster here.What do u mean by private life,when u are already married?if your partner can't have access to your phone dat means you have not stop the wayward life u are living when u were still a barchelor or spinster.

5 Likes

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by kalimera101: 5:09pm On Nov 11, 2013
oguash: its good for the man to have access but not the woman
Because?
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Ijobaorun(m): 5:13pm On Nov 11, 2013
joel lala: Is it okay for one that is married or in a relationship to checks his or her partners phone?

if you are both faithful to each other and there is openess, there is nothing wrong in it.
It depends on individual anyway!
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by childofgod12: 5:14pm On Nov 11, 2013
childofgod12: put d question like dis, shud maried peple have acess 2 dier privat parts? Den ansa ursef
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by kalimera101: 5:15pm On Nov 11, 2013
Letting ur partner's phone or private life be means no matter what the relationship is, U ARE STILL DIFFERENT PERSONS. And also, it is a sign of RESPECT for his/her person. My mother never touches my Dad's phone and Vice versa. I've neva seen any do it.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by GentleFrank(m): 5:16pm On Nov 11, 2013
Yes of course ! It shows and proves transparency.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
If you need privacy,remain single undecided or at least marry someone that needs privacy like you do.

5 Likes

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by amunekeuto: 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
Teespice: it is not advisable if you know you don't want to have high blood pressure. besides what you don't know would not kill you. whatever happened to respecting ones privacy?
we need to take into account the professions of the partners. A lawyer gets so much confidentials to hide in his fone. the doc? the top security officer, etc.no partner should check the other's fone.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Guyman02: 5:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
Since my wife got an appointment that pays her well, she has started locking her phones so that I wont find out when bank alerts come into her phone and how much money she makes; ordinarily I dont even go checking her phone.

As a husband my phones are open without code but hers is coded and she refused to give me the password when I requested for it (wouldnt have asked if it was open and I dont even go to her phone) and thats making me to believe now that there is something she is hiding from me. Please somebody should advise me before I destroy those gadgets she calls phones.
A poster here talked about how his wife built a house without his knowledge and did all the transactions for several months during the building erection until he heard it from the rumour mills and confirmed it to be true.
What do I do now please, do I just ignore her totally or insist on her keeping her phones uncoded or give me the password?
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by HARDDON: 5:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
charleff512: I and my wife use each other's phone anytime.There should be transparency and sincerity in every union/relationship.

Classic! a thousand likes!

I dont know why people would rather see a 100 sand traps behind every aspect of human endeavors.

there lies good side to everything too.... here are the positives to this:

1) it helps both party to help stir the other party aright if they are tending to get distracted (that is an aspect of caring) . this fosters bonding

2) You totally know them and can vouch for them with the whole of your heart no matter how intricate/deadly circumstance and not be proved wrong latter on

3) it has been scientifically proven that women get bored of marriage after a certain age, and just want another feel, another spark but they dont ever tell you. you gas read the signs(tru worever means) and act accordingly

4) for the guys, any leader who does not take into consideration all the kinks and dark spots of his domain, is headed for a crash( ask entrepreneurs.

as for these guys displaying their 'wussy ness' by saying it is childish, long may your days be. if you dont die from heart attack, nothing else can kill y'all.

wussy bags imagine this: you were having this time out in an exclusive spot(7pm), all of a sudden, her phone rings, she excuse her self to the ladies, after 10mins of talking to some strangers, she balls back, and without getting an explanation, you continues the convo...........
How Matured thou art!

3 Likes

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 11, 2013
donroxy: There is no bigdeal in playing with the phone of one's patner though not necessarily for witch-hunting !!

if Una fit share una private parts why not private phone grin !!!
its not a good idea..sometimes u mit see wat ur not suppose to see..mostly for d women.if u srt suspecting..check out at d end of the day the fling u like wrraper out..sometins are unneccesry so u just live the life nd be cool..look ya children vry impotant
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Dalby(m): 5:38pm On Nov 11, 2013
YES. If you have reason to suspect your partner. Once you confirm it true you move on. cry cry cry
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by HARDDON: 5:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
deols:

There is a big problem with wanting to take charge of everything in her life. She is not a kid.

See, it is possible that she was not doing anything bad. You checking her phone has lead to some circumstances that are bad. That did not have to happen.

If you suspect anything genuinely, ask her about it..don't spy. You won't have rest if you keep doing that.Get busy with productive things.

Are you doing something bad and afraid that your wife is doing the same? Sometimes unfaithful men become suspicious of their spouse because of what they themselves do.

you sound like a play gurl of the western world ..a word of warning, they rarely get hooked up..sorry to say
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by HARDDON: 5:49pm On Nov 11, 2013
byvan: If you need privacy,remain single undecided or at least marry someone that needs privacy like you do.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
deols:

my dear, I can't argued with ur conclusion cuz that's what many says that unfaithfull men always feel suspiscous but don't mis-quote me .. Fisrtly I enjoy my partner company was why I always access her fone and her stuff even from there I have many of her friends that always wanna get down with me cus sometimes I use her bb to reply her pings I will just ask her like "*maybe she's in the bathroom* she say this.... What can I say... And she will tel me the kind of response she want me to deliver and all those things thrill her friends if she later tell em that she's not the one replying those pings... And I even like her bbm guys friends cus they are so funny with such funny BC.... So not as if I don't free my partner... She's so free ... But from experience u no some different kind of story when some wife later confess that their husband is not the real father of their children,,, u no in those case I blame those men for their carelessness" my dear some men are too lazy to give their partner attention cus they believe in making money and some other things like that... So I believe our future can be free from such problem if I have been taking my time to give proper care and attention to my partner, women change everyday!!!

1 Like

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Yomexy007(m): 6:00pm On Nov 11, 2013
Prowizy2: Not married yet, but if i do i'll have access 2 my wife's phone.. But she no way

Hahahahahahaha! Badman Nigga.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by 3nairalandcom: 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2013
Nothing wrong with my partner checking my phone,a person access to my dick should be access to any secondary thing in my life.But in an event she denied me access to hers then that begging to match toward an end to that relationship.What do you think,for me to accept being cheated while I don't cheat?Olodo
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by HARDDON: 6:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
Guyman02: Since my wife got an appointment that pays her well, she has started locking her phones so that I wont find out when bank alerts come into her phone and how much money she makes; ordinarily I dont even go checking her phone.

As a husband my phones are open without code but hers is coded and she refused to give me the password when I requested for it (wouldnt have asked if it was open and I dont even go to her phone) and thats making me to believe now that there is something she is hiding from me. Please somebody should advise me before I destroy those gadgets she calls phones.
A poster here talked about how his wife built a house without his knowledge and did all the transactions for several months during the building erection until he heard it from the rumour mills and confirmed it to be true.
What do I do now please, do I just ignore her totally or insist on her keeping her phones uncoded or give me the password?

menh, you have lost the 'HEADSHIP' of that home. and it is not only account details she's hiding....bliv me.

no need to bog your brains about her giving you the codes, you are bigger than that.

first off, do u work? if no, find a job fast! strive to upgrade yourself, get a degree if you dont have one.....

do you occasionally collect money from her? if so, stop it even if it means dying of hunger! provide for your family no matter how much she earns. she might not be earning as much as u think but have some1 on side who augments.....u dig?

do you lay hands on her? if you ever have tried this, stop it hence forth!

now itz the time to lock your phone too. IGNORE HER TOTALLY and pretend to flirt with younger girls.

you sound too soft! toughen up...change your ways...do everything opposite to what she is used to. keep late nights if you may

in no distant time, the table wud be turned and she wud be the one on the spot.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
Guyman02: Since my wife got an appointment that pays her well, she has started locking her phones so that I wont find out when bank alerts come into her phone and how much money she makes; ordinarily I dont even go checking her phone.

take charge my brother u ar the husband she's not ur husband , likely she may just be doing that cus many of them has undefined character but as a man what ever the case maybe don't ever allow that , is risky for u both ... What if she's about to be fraud by some strange folks and all that!
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by aurora(f): 6:09pm On Nov 11, 2013
I believe relationships and marriages are meant to be for mature adults who have a purposeful love, value and respect for each other. With this foundation in place, there really shouldn‘t be any secrets, no hiding ish from each other.

It‘s just very sad that some people justify their lack of the above values by crying “privacy“. The rubbish a lot of folks keep perpetuating via locked mobiles just makes me wonder what kind of generation we live in.

Those that live double lives, cheat on their partners, live sleazy lifestyles and commit all sorts of atrocities are usually the ones that cry “privacy“ the loudest. There ought no be no secrets between partners and spouses
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by pet7: 6:10pm On Nov 11, 2013
for past questions and answers in immigration Nlng ptdf call 07063325533
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by sunex: 6:14pm On Nov 11, 2013
if deer is no skeleton in d fone I don't see any reason y married piple shouldn't check each oda's fone .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Can He Take Custody Of His Son / How Can I Advise A Serial Cheat And Failure Of A Father? / Missing Girl In Kaduna: Walida Found In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.