Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. (16289 Views)

The 7 Mountains; (this Will Change Your Life Forever) / You Cannot Move Mountains Until You Talk To Your Mountains / Your Faith Can Move Mountains For U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 16, 2013
Joshthefirst: grin grin grin

Oga, I hope you realize that the very fact of conditioning in punishment is a choice action?

And I hope this has ended any other argument?

I honestly don't even understand your question. Help me explain it better abeg
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by nnofaith: 9:20pm On Nov 16, 2013
christianity is full of absurdities!
an omniscient good creates man
gives man freewill
same god is going to purnish man for exercising that freewill.
inspite of the fact that he is omniscient(he knows man will excercise the freewill)
meanwhile the same god is omnipotent which means he could have done things diffrently!
somebody definately did not think things through.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by frank317: 9:25pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ihedinobi:
I don't know about "should". Nothing in your post made any sense to me just now. That's what I know.

I don't know, for instance, why you feel sure that I accept the existence of a married bachelor. That's the only part of your post that I could make any kind of sense of.

Nwokem... Do u think God's knowledge of my future actions must come to pass? Pls give me a straight answer.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ihedinobi:
When I consider what you atheists mean by showing someone that he is wrong, I don't lay much stock by it. Where have you shown me in the last several pages that I'm wrong? Is it in the places where you have stamped your feet and insisted that you're right with no shred of logical proof? grin The above, for example?

If I was Logicboy, would I be me? I can't answer for what I would do if I was Logicboy. Choice is simply the preference of one alternative to others, dude. Why one prefers one alternative and not another does not automatically destroy the existence of alternatives or preference.

hehehe, I see something in the bolded. Let me answer for you. You would had been LOGICBOY. You couldnt had been able to act differently as logicboy couldnt had been acting differently. That is why choice is an illussion.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:29pm On Nov 16, 2013
rationalmind:

I honestly don't even understand your question. Help me explain it better abeg
you said the essence of punishment is to condition us to act, which means punishment is conditioning, which means conditioning is a choice action. Or will you now claim punishment for wrongdoing is also an act of conditioning and not a choice action?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 16, 2013
Joshthefirst: you said the essence of punishment is to condition us to act, which means punishment is conditioning, which means conditioning is a choice action. Or will you now claim punishment for wrongdoing is also an act of conditioning and not a choice action?

EXACTLY. I call that societal conditioning. That is one of the reasons what you do in Nigeria and go scot free, you might land in jail if you do it in saudi arabia.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 16, 2013
frank3.16:

Nwokem... Do u think God's knowledge of my future actions must come to pass? Pls give me a straight answer.
Your question is gibberish. That's the answer.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:44pm On Nov 16, 2013
rationalmind:

EXACTLY. I call that societal conditioning. That is one of the reasons what you do in Nigeria and go scot free, you might land in jail if you do it in saudi arabia.
So punishment is not a choice action?

Are you trying to say there is no freewill because the choices we make are based on the behaviour we have developed?

That's like saying a man does not actually make a choice to sleep because he has been conditioned to sleep by his body.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ihedinobi:

hehehehe, you wouldnt accept this for an answer. If its gibberish, you should had least show why its gibberish.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 16, 2013
rationalmind:

hehehe, I see something in the bolded. Let me answer for you. You would had been LOGICBOY. You couldnt had been able to act differently as logicboy couldnt had been acting differently. That is why choice is an illussion.
Why do you assume that Logicboy cannot act any differently?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by frank317: 9:49pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Lol, u just made my night with that inability to answer.

However, take ur time and think thru d gibbibrish question, u will realize that it came out of ur gibbirish replies.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2013
rationalmind:

hehehehe, you wouldnt accept this for an answer. If its gibberish, you should had least show why its gibberish.
Have you been following our convo? If you have you shouldn't be saying that.

I told him earlier when he asked this question that as long as there is no cause-effect relationship between God's omniscience and man's power of choice, the question is meaningless or gibberish. Having showed that God's knowledge does not affect human action/inaction and vice versa, what is the point of asking me again how God's knowledge interacts with human will?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by frank317: 9:54pm On Nov 16, 2013
Since ihedinobi cannot answer, perhaps i should try josh (ohh i am haviing fun)

Mr josh, if God knows i am going to steal today... Do you think that what gog knows about my intention must come to pass or not, despite my choice.
I am assuming here that i have the choice to decide to do what i want, now do u think my freedom of choice can change what god knows about my future plan?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 16, 2013
frank3.16:

Lol, u just made my night with that inability to answer.

However, take ur time and think thru d gibbibrish question, u will realize that it came out of ur gibbirish replies.
I should have made your day earlier. Because I've consistently answered you with "your question is meaningless/nonsense/gibberish". You know why you kept asking it, I don't.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:56pm On Nov 16, 2013
frank3.16:
Since ihedinobi cannot answer, perhaps i should try josh (ohh i am haviing fun)

Mr josh, if God knows i am going to steal today... Do you think that what gog knows about my intention must come to pass or not, despite my choice.
I am assuming here that i have the choice to decide to do what i want, now do u think my freedom of choice can change what god knows about my future plan?
see the post above yours.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 16, 2013
Joshthefirst:
So punishment is not a choice action?

Are you trying to say there is no freewill because the choices we make are based on the behaviour we have developed?

That's like saying a man does not actually make a choice to sleep because he has been conditioned to sleep by his body.

not only the body conditions to sleep, several other things can also condition a man to sleep, if he eventually sleeps at that moment, it wasn't his choice to sleep. He only acted out those conditionings.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ihedinobi:
Why do you assume that Logicboy cannot act any differently?

because acting differently is not his choice to make.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by frank317: 9:59pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I told him earlier when he asked this question that as long as there is no cause-effect relationship between God's omniscience and man's power of choice, the question is meaningless or gibberish. Having showed that God's knowledge does not affect human action/inaction and vice versa, what is the point of asking me again how God's knowledge interacts with human will?

Lol, u would have then just answered No, then i would have kicked ur buttt with the implication of saying No to that very question.

I had to ask because ur cause effect explanation made No sense to me, the answer to this question would have made ur arguement clearer.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by wiegraf: 10:01pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ihedinobi:

What exactly is wrong with you? Your reply is gibberish yet you call the question gibberish??

Simple question, yes or no?? Must god's foreknowledge come to pass?

The bolded doesn't matter. At all....
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ihedinobi:

ok bro. I get your explanation.I didn't say I accept it sha. I no get power to argue this one again.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by MrTroll(m): 10:08pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ihedinobi:
this here shows the dishonesty of ihedinobi. yet you dare call others liars and people who refuse to put up sound logic. a simple question yet you refuse to answer because you know the implications. congratulations!
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by MrTroll(m): 10:10pm On Nov 16, 2013
wiegraf:

What exactly is wrong with you? Your reply is gibberish yet you call the question gibberish??

he's just being dishonest. he knows(I hope) he has been cornered and as usual will put all types of red herrings and strawmen in order to wriggle out. i'm surprised he hasn't even pulled out the MISUNDERSTOOD card.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by frank317: 10:10pm On Nov 16, 2013
Joshthefirst: see the post above yours.

Lol... U tooo ha ha. Gudnite folks i am done dealing with clowns.

I have succeeded in asking the most difficult questions to deluded minds.

Pls in ur private corner, take ur time and go over the question over and Over again. U will realize tht there is a reason u cant really answer it.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by frank317: 10:17pm On Nov 16, 2013
Mr rational mind, did u study psychology?

If u have the time go read my stories at literature section

They are titled

The religion
The tenth generation
Cyber lover
Secrets of the gods

They are all a master piece according to my fans.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 16, 2013
frank3.16:
Mr rational mind, did u study psychology?

If u have the time go read my stories at literature section

They are titled

The religion
The tenth generation
Cyber lover
Secrets of the gods

They are all a master piece according to my fans.

lol, I didnt study psychology. Studied computer engineering. I'll check out the threads n get back to you
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:34am On Nov 17, 2013
Arguing against God and omniscience is one thing,but saying human beings have no choice is being silly!!!!!!
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 12:52am On Nov 17, 2013
rationalmind:

because acting differently is not his choice to make.
Lol. You're getting quite good at circular reasoning grin
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 12:55am On Nov 17, 2013
frank3.16:

Lol, u would have then just answered No, then i would have kicked ur buttt with the implication of saying No to that very question.

I had to ask because ur cause effect explanation made No sense to me, the answer to this question would have made ur arguement clearer.
I should have answered "No" to a meaningless question? Why? So the answer to "does a married bachelor have a wife?" is either yes or no as well.

You guys should use your heads more. If my cause-effect argument made no sense to you, you should have just said so, not ask a question with no meaning or sense in it. If you want to set a trap, at least, set an intelligent one.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 1:02am On Nov 17, 2013
wiegraf:

Lol. Nothing's wrong with me, dude. The question has been gibberish from the first time he asked it. And I explained why. If you consider my response gibberish, it's up to you to explain why.

How does it not matter? If there is no causal relationship between what God knows and the choices we make, how is that question meaningful? That you insist that it doesn't matter does not make it not matter.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 1:03am On Nov 17, 2013
Mr Troll: this here shows the dishonesty of ihedinobi. yet you dare call others liars and people who refuse to put up sound logic. a simple question yet you refuse to answer because you know the implications. congratulations!
Does a married bachelor have a wife? Yes or No.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 1:04am On Nov 17, 2013
Mr Troll: he's just being dishonest. he knows(I hope) he has been cornered and as usual will put all types of red herrings and strawmen in order to wriggle out. i'm surprised he hasn't even pulled out the MISUNDERSTOOD card.
Lol. I can't help your fantasies. grin
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by MrTroll(m): 1:46am On Nov 17, 2013
Ihedinobi:
Lol. I can't help your fantasies. grin
lol. smh. I fear for your brain, Ihe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

An Egyptian Islamic Imam Professor Rejects Islam And Says Jesus Is Lord ! / N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos / Why Was Mary Chosen To Birth Jesus Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.