Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,801 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. (16203 Views)

The 7 Mountains; (this Will Change Your Life Forever) / You Cannot Move Mountains Until You Talk To Your Mountains / Your Faith Can Move Mountains For U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
Joshthefirst: good. This settles it then?
So you belong to the synagogue of Satan?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 11, 2013
Joshthefirst: sorry sir. But I got to think about this before and I was surprised too. From a book claimed to be written by God, I would expect tides of goody goody and good good stuff. But the bible is the contrary. It tells the true story that pricks mens hearts. It tells history undiluted. It speaks of suffering and death and sin and the judgement of sin and mankinds perversions. It tells of God coming to judge. But it also speaks of a saviour, of Gods plan to remedy it all through the ages, and of Gods promise of a new world to the faithful people who continue in righteousness and in christ jesus.

May mankind repent from sin.

like that of jonah and the fish.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
aManFromMars:
So you belong to the synagogue of Satan?

Smh
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
rationalmind:

like that of jonah and the fish.
we learn a great lesson from jonah and the ninevites.

The ninevites were ungodly and wallowing in sin and wickedness. God was ready to judge. But he sent jonah to preach. When jonah preached, the people repented and God forgave.

God is able to forgive all who trust in him and repent of their sins. Repent now and stop looking for excuses to wallow in sin.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
Joshthefirst: we learn a great lesson from jonah and the ninevites.

The ninevites were ungodly and wallowing in sin and wickedness. God was ready to judge. But he sent jonah to preach. When jonah preached, the people repented and God forgave.

God is able to forgive all who trust in him and repent of their sins. Repent now and stop looking for excuses to wallow in sin.

I learnt a great lesson from the fish swallowing jonah and vomiting him after three days.

And I just learnt a great lesson from you today. Its unadulterated history.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:00pm On Nov 11, 2013
plaetton:

Another week and another tragedy in the world.
Over10,000 killed in the worst recorded storm in recent history.

Again, this is precisely the kind of disaster that only a supernatural intervention could have prevented or saved people from.

Is is protection from this kind of disaster that religion and faith are made for and rests upon.
It is against this type of "Act Of God" phenomena that megatons of prayer power are generated every day by millions of faithful.

So what happened?
Where was the love of god?
Where was god's protection?
All those payments of tithe (aka protection money) against the devourer, what happened? Direlection of duty?

Is this disaster another proof that there's no sugar daddy, sorry I mean sky daddy, in the air, listening to the prayers of ignorant mankind?

Or, as we are likely to hear soon, did sky daddy have a greater purpose for causing or preventing this disaster from happening?

One of my Christian friends has already delivered judgment that Phillipinos are all witches. She uttered this nonsense while I was dropping her off at her church. No compassion whatsoever.
I just shook my head in disgust.

Christians, are you questioning God right now, holding him accountable for all the confidence and faith reposed in him?
Or, are you too busy now trying to make good excuses for god's glaring failure to protect the people of the Philippines?

Philippinos are an extremely religious people. If god could not save them, do not hope he can save you from anything, not matter how much bribe money you pay to your pastor.

"Ten thousand dead in the Philippines is proof that there's no God!" says the skeptic. No. Rather, the terrible tragedy is proof that the "Fall" of Genesis is true. Every day more than 150,000 people die, and every single death substantiates the truth of the Scriptures--that man is in rebellion to God.

Someone recently said that he and his wife watched a movie that made no sense. It was only when it ended that they discovered they had only watched the second disc. They missed the entire first half of the movie, and so it suddenly made sense as to why the movie made no sense.

Disregard "In the beginning," and nothing in this life will make sense. Ignore "Let there be light" and you will be left in the darkness about your origins and the reality of suffering and death.

For further details watch www.evolutionVsGod.com

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by esauy: 8:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesn’t care to, or he doesn’t exist. God is either impotent, evil or imaginary. Take your pick, and choose wisely.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/long.html
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Manfromuranus: 8:17pm On Nov 11, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

"Ten thousand dead in the Philippines is proof that there's no God!" says the skeptic. No. Rather, the terrible tragedy is proof that the "Fall" of Genesis is true. Every day more than 150,000 people die, and every single death substantiates the truth of the Scriptures--that man is in rebellion to God.

Someone recently said that he and his wife watched a movie that made no sense. It was only when it ended that they discovered they had only watched the second disc. They missed the entire first half of the movie, and so it suddenly made sense as to why the movie made no sense.

Disregard "In the beginning," and nothing in this life will make sense. Ignore "Let there be light" and you will be left in the darkness about your origins and the reality of suffering and death.

If anyone has ever had doubts that religion causes and masks insanity, the proof is now in the pudding.

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by mazaje(m): 8:20pm On Nov 11, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

?
God loves humans, wants to be in a relationshp with them yet all he can do is kill 150,000 of them daily?. . . .

Your god is perfect but he created an imperfect system filled with death and destruction, eh?. . .I am putting it to you that you are much better than your imaginary god because if you have the ability to stop the storm that raged the Philippines, you would have stopped it. . .All these silly excuse to protec your imaginary god is pathetic. . .

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 11, 2013
esauy: Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesn’t care to, or he doesn’t exist. God is either impotent, evil or imaginary. Take your pick, and choose wisely.

That is judgement right there, I don't know why you stiff-necked heathens can't understand/see it....Well, it's delusion; you guys are deluded for judgement as recompenses for rejecting the WORD, that is why you fear when you hear about judgement grin Repent now because una turn dey come soon grin Looking for a reason to blame your creator? Smdh, you must be sitting on a long thing grin
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Ajibam: 8:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
mazaje:
?
God loves humans, wants to be in a relationshp with them yet all he can do is kill 150,000 of them daily?. . . .

Your god is perfect but he created an imperfect system filled with death and destruction, eh?. . .I am putting it to you that you are much better than your imaginary god because if you have the ability to stop the storm that raged the Philippines, you would have stopped it. . .All these silly excuse to protec your imaginary god is pathetic. . .
mark13:8
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles:these are the beginnings of sorrows.
more is coming... only Jesus can save you
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:27pm On Nov 11, 2013
mazaje:
?

what is pathetic is you vomiting and saying the same thing and even looking for the same excuse everyday even though they have been dealt with. Pathetic. angry
Smh.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Manfromuranus: 8:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
doubleDx:

That is judgement right there, I don't know why you stiff-necked heathens can't understand/see it....Well, it's delusion; you guys are deluded for judgement as recompenses for rejecting the WORD, that is why you fear when you hear about judgement grin Repent now because una turn dey come soon grin Looking for a reason to blame your creator? Smdh, you must be sitting on a long thing grin

10,000 people, at least 85% Christian die in a storm and it's god's judgment?.

I guess it doesn't pay to be Christian after all, huh?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 11, 2013
Manfromuranus:

10,000 people, at least 85% Christian die in a storm and it's god's judgment?.

I guess it doesn't pay to be Christian after all, huh?

Matthew 7:21-23 King James Version (KJV)

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by holypower(m): 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
Dear op... If you don't repent and give your life to GOD, you yourself will experience more punishment than that of these victims.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Manfromuranus: 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
doubleDx:

Matthew 7:21-23 King James Version (KJV)

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

And then what is the point of accepting jesus if at the end, you are swept away by storm like everyone else.
I might as well play lottery and cast my lot with ancestral gods, or even Hindu gods, or even allah.

Christian god takes 10% of my income and bails out when it's time to perform his obligations.
Sounds like Nigerian insurance companies.

4 Likes

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Manfromuranus: 8:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
holypower: Dear op... If you don't repent and give your life to GOD, you yourself will experience more punishment than that of these victims.

Zombie,
Why don't you trade your life and the lives of your family for the fate of those deceased.
Why don't you do it now?
That would be the ultimate Christ-like sacrifice.
Would it not?

One day, Your god will surely also punish you with horrible death.

2 Likes

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
Manfromuranus:

And then what is the point of accepting jesus if at the end, you are swept away by storm like everyone else.
I might as well play lottery and cast my lot with ancestral gods, or even Hindu gods, or even allah.

Christian god takes 10% of my income and bails out when it's time to perform his obligations.

Who says "tithe" is a prerequisite for "righteousness" ? Only new generation Churches do that.... I'm not a Church goer BTW! It's no gambling; the King of Kings knows his sheep and his sheep knows him!

John 10:14 King James Version (KJV)

I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.<<<<<<<He knows when you LOVE and trust in him grin that delusion and disbelief would never come nigh thee grin
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by mazaje(m): 8:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
Joshthefirst: I only repeat the same answers because you repeat the same questions.

For the benefit of honestly interested fellows, I'll post scriptures and an answer.

Jesus gave a historical account of these things. He said they're signs the world is coming to an end(signs that'll usher in the end of the age)

Matthew 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

This shows one of the realities of the divinity of the God given scriptures. Scriptures are coming to pass. Many have come to pass. Many are happening before our very eyes.

Sin has ravaged this world. And judgement is coming. A revival is about to happen, the gospel is being preached with vigour. These things should not make men doubt God, but should all the more drive men to his refuge and strength. This world is not our own, we look forward to a new heaven and earth where righteousness reigns.

When we preach repent we do not joke. 10,000 people have died. Who knows when you'll die? When we die, we stand before almighty God. Look at the prophecies of judgements upon earth in revelation because of mans sin. This massive disasters are just a sign of what is to come. At a point, the bible says in revelation that although men saw judgement as divine, they refused to repent of their sins and continued to attract more of Gods wrath.

What has happened is just the beginning. Are you insured against the wrath to come? Do you feel remorse for sins you've committed? Or do you rebel all the more and continue in sin?

Now more than ever, the message is required for those who will listen. Would you use this as an excuse to ignore God and prove unrepentant?
Do you continue stealing and adultering and hating and lying and continue in greed and continue to enjoy sin thinking there will be no repercussions? You caress and lust and curse God?

repent. Repent! The kingdom of God is at hand. Jesus meant every word he said. He's coming to judge the living and the dead

Let this happenings not move you to curse God, let them sober you up to the prophesies of Gods word. This world must be judged, let us escape together to a new one in the boat of christ Jesus. People die because of sin. Repent and embrace christ for the washing away of sin and for citizenship of the new world to come.

I do not wish to argue. This is for the benefit of those who honestly want real answers.

Trust in Christ and be saved from the wrath to come. This is not just about fear. Its about you responding to the love and mercy of God.

Stop talking nonsense. . .Natural disasters have been a part of this planet since inception. . .We now get to hear about natural disasters that happen all over the world because of technology. . .During the time of Jesus christ such news would not have been heard at all all over the world. . .If you know anything about the planet you will know that natural disasters are an integral part of the planet and have been in occurrence since inception . Natural disasters have nothing to do with god and they have nothing to do with sin and they also have nothing to do with the end of the planet. . .An asteroid can hit the planet and end all life today, it has nothing to do with your imaginary god's judgement. . .

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
Eze Promoe:
God and His angels are spiritual beings.

Your spirit man is dead and decayed, it will take only the Grace of God for your spirit man to be revived.
Open your hearts to the truth that giveth life eternal, o ye sinners.

what are you saying did God sanction the death of the 10000?,were they all non-christian? why them and not say all our thieving politicians? or you and your family for that matter? why not me? why them?

answer these simple question abeg stop running around in circles.

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 11, 2013
Manfromuranus:

Hehehehehe, I just feel like opening a hundred accounts so I can like this a hundred times.

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:13pm On Nov 11, 2013
esauy: Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesn’t care to, or he doesn’t exist. God is either impotent, evil or imaginary. Take your pick, and choose wisely.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/long.html

can you defend your claim philosophically?

I hope you can start by defining evil

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:16pm On Nov 11, 2013
I think it was better in the good old days when christians answered these kind of questions with lines like, 'I really don't know why God allowed these to happen but our hearts and prayers goes to the victims' Not Josh and Ajibam coming here to talk rubbish that this is judgement.

You brood of vipers are so insensitive to other people's predicament, I hope you or your family never experience such. Hypocrites

Judgement my ass

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 11, 2013
To be godly is not to be good, it never was.

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 11, 2013
Logicboy03: I prefer Obadiahs crazy interpretation

God shall nuke the oyibo heathens........... :Dlol

grin
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
mazaje:

Stop talking nonsense. . .Natural disasters have been a part of this planet since inception. . .We now get to hear about natural disasters that happen all over the world because of technology. . .During the time of Jesus christ such news would not have been heard at all all over the world. . .If you know anything about the planet you will know that natural disasters are an integral part of the planet and have been in occurrence since inception . Natural disasters have nothing to do with god and they have nothing to do with sin and they also have nothing to do with the end of the planet. . .An asteroid can hit the planet and end all life today, it has nothing to do with your imaginary god's judgement. . .
this isn't true. Natural disasters have increased in frequency.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 11, 2013
Joshthefirst: this isn't true. Natural disasters have increased in frequency.

Says who?

We've not had a flood like Noah's in recent times.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
GeneralShepherd: I think it was better in the good old days when christians answered these kind of questions with lines like, 'I really don't know why God allowed these to happen but our hearts and prayers goes to the victims' Not Josh and Ajibam coming here to talk rubbish that this is judgement.

You brood of vipers are so insensitive to other people's predicament, I hope you or your family never experience such. Hypocrites

Judgement my ass
epic case of denying reason so your godlessness would be justified. I didn't say the earthquakes are judgement btw. I said they are a sign.
Its because of the bolded that satan has used peoples ignorance to pull them away from the faith.

You and plaetton are the shameless and insensitive ones. Using disaster to spread godlessness and encourage sin.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by mazaje(m): 9:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
Joshthefirst: this isn't true. Natural disasters have increased in frequency.

They have increased but they have always been there long before the time of Jesus. . .
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
Joshthefirst: epic case of denying reason so your godlessness would be justified. I didn't say the earthquakes are judgement btw. I said they are a sign.
Its because of the bolded that satan has used peoples ignorance to pull them away from the faith.

You and plaetton are the shameless and insensitive ones. Using disaster to spread godlessness and encourage sin.

this was the same response you gave at the Anambra disaster...pathetic...
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
aManFromMars:

Says who?

We've not had a flood like Noah's in recent times.
smh.
Geneses 9: 11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

He promissed no world wide flood.

Go to google and ask for disaster statistics.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 11, 2013
Joshthefirst: smh.
Geneses 9: 11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

He promissed no world wide flood.

Go to google and ask for disaster statistics.

So he now floods us in small measures? Wakes up, scratches his balls, spins the globe beside his bed, and just says 'floooooodd!!'...

That's cool. Awesome power.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Should Prostitutes & Yahoo Boys Pay Tithes​ From Their Income? / Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy / Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.