Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,574 members, 7,847,417 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:11 PM

God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. (16317 Views)

The 7 Mountains; (this Will Change Your Life Forever) / You Cannot Move Mountains Until You Talk To Your Mountains / Your Faith Can Move Mountains For U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by freeradical(m): 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2013
frank3.16:

And how does asking these mind boggling questions mean one is questioning his creator? Do you think the creator can be questioned?
Bsides if religious folks believe they are the messangers of the creator, they should answer the question rightly without creatiing confusion. If they dont then they are not real messangers of the creator unless u say the creator is a confusionist.
Wasnt it the creator that created the human brain? Didnt he want us to reason with it? How does the brain doin its work mean the creator is being questioned?
The way i see it, the use of my brain led me to believe in a God as described by my faith. But you on the other hand jump to a conclusion that there is no God simply because you have m ind boggling questions. How can you expect ur finite mind to understand and infinite God( Creator). Look at the universe today it is so diverse....our solar system is like a speck of sand in the milky way. How can me or u completely understand that which put this in place....who is time itself. Of cos there will be mind boggling questions cos no human being can understand the things of God. Christian bliv that they will come to the full knowledge of God but not in this world but that to come cos we hold the promise of becoming sons of God. My brother its not logic for us but faith.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 16, 2013
free radical: E neva reach level of insults na haba. Just make ur point and go. Did it add anytin to you by adding that insult. Be more civil in relating to pple afterall u are supposed to be the 'intelligent' one.

Lol, I wasn't insulting you. I was just joking with you. Sorry bro
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 16, 2013
Mr Troll: It is quite clear that Ihe just wants to be dubious. On the other hand, if he thinks Josh makes sound arguments then i truly fear for what Christianity has done to his brain.

Christianity creates a virus(sin, as defined by them) and claims that they have the only anti virus(Jesus). I wonder why Buddha will save you from sin when he doesn't make a claim of original sin from a mythical perfect pair. This is the nonsense christianity spout to show how their brand of delusion is better than all others.

The very definition of omniscience prevents the existence of freewill if the omniscient being is the supposed creator of the beings that should have the freewill. Omniscience is not knowing all possible outcomes, that is the realm of probability. Omniscience is knowing with certainty the only outcome despite every obstacle.

If i create anything and tell everybody that this thing will make six croaks every minute and it does, it does not require a soothsayer to conclude that i made the thing to do that. Something Ihe is trying so hard to not understand. Smh
Lol. How am I being dubious? What's wrong with Josh's arguments? What difference is there between his arguments and mine? I think what you all dislike is his delivery not his arguments themselves.

The bolded is the real argument you guys have been making. grin Your real argument is not that God's Knowledge is why anybody has no free will, it is that God simply programmed everyone to act in a predictable manner so that He knows what everyone will certainly do no matter what. That's different, man. And it's another argument you will have to prove.

Now my answer to that is that omniscience does not require predictability. God does not have to strip sentient beings of the ability to choose in order to know what they will choose. He just has to have complete knowledge of everything in existence.

It is not unreasonable to allow that a sentient being should know everything possible to know about a system it creates.

In the case of God and man and the particular question of free will and omniscience, God's imposition is simply a finite set of behavioural tendencies and a fixed pattern of behavior subject to varying conditions for the insentient environment. His complete knowledge of these parameters, not his pre-programming of individual human beings, is why he knows exactly what a given human being would certainly do per time.

It is clearthat, by virtue of being the product of another sentient's will and intelligence, man's range of choices is automatically limited. He does not possess an absolutely free will which would be entirely arbitrary and completely unpredictable. What he possesses is a free will to choose from an array of options limited by his environment and his psychosomatic makeup. So, even a less-than-omniscient being with some degree of knowledge of a given individual can tell what such an individual would do given certain prevailing conditions/parameters with more or less accuracy depending on the degree of information possessed by said being. How much more an omniscient with a full profile of such an individual?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 16, 2013
frank3.16:

What u explained up there is nothing bt a relationship of independence. U jst establlished the relationship and deny that it exists.

Let me ask u another question since u are trying to play smart and ignorance at the same time.

Must what God knows about me come to pass?

If u say there is No r/ship between what he knows and i do, how then do u answer the question above.

If there is No r/ship as u claim, then u imply that what God knows about me must not come to pass.

Bsides, ur quote above also implies God already. knows people going to hell.
Obviously, if God's knowledge does not have a cause-effect relationship with your choices, your question is rather meaningless. smiley

What is your problem with God's knowledge about hell?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 16, 2013
rationalmind:

@unbold. You just tried to explain what I already acknowledged. That it only requires an omniscient being to know the exact outcome of things. The example of just saying "ihe lost his phone" was because I didn't want to stress myself mentioning other ways ihe could had replied because I felt that one example was enough to explain my point.

@bolded. No, I don't think omniscience is real. If someone says the FSM is a married bachelor and you tried to show why a being cannot be married n be a bachelor at the same time. Does that mean you believe the FSM is a bachelor or it means you believe he is married. You know within yourself the answer is NO.
Are you saying that we are in agreement? cheesy

So you believe that neither a free will nor omniscience exists?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 16, 2013
Demain_man: What Ihedinobi claims to be debating is simply wasting everybody's time.

Just let him win this debate so that he continues to wallows in his stupid little world of knowledge. I SMH for him.
Nice to meet you too cheesy
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ihedinobi:
Lololol. I feign ignorance? Lol. How?

Clearly stating that you are not appealing to authority does not prove that you aren't, Logicboy. Use your brain. You could be lying or you could be mistaken. smiley

Which logical argument?

[size=18pt]Feigning ignorance again? Do you love to be dishonest for Christ?[/size]

First of all, I have made the logical argument on the problem of freewill and omnipotence to you both on this thread and another thread. Yet, you are stating indirectly that I am appealing to authority and you are also asking for the logical argument......as if you didnt see it!!!!

Here is the comment-

Logicboy03: Christian philosophers, atheisdt philosophers etc have all come tto the logical conclusion that omniscience and freewill cant exist together.....

But no, JOsh and Ihe would like us to believe otherwise.

Even the encyclopedia of philosophy is clear on this issue. I put two encyclopedias forward, yet ihe rejected them........this is the madness of faith.....rejecting common sense when it defies ur religion.....

And before anyone claims that i amb using appeal to authoerity......the logic is quite clear.......god knows everything and so, all you are doing is following gods knowledge...u aint making any choice

Here is the link to the other thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1198534/cowardice-atheism/61#14676165

7 long pages from that comment of you denying facts

Ihedinobi:
Again, which logical argument?

Or better yet, you can use the stanford encyclopedia of philosophy
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/free-will-foreknowledge/

Ihedinobi:
It is an inarguable fact that human beings can be wrong or mistaken or dishonest. That fact applies to the contributors that wrote the articles you keep refering to in those encyclopedias. Besides, even they acknowledge that it is a debate. That means that there are opposing views on the question. Why should I take the view you offer beside the fact that it suits you? I see no reason to agree that there is any mutual exclusivity between the two concepts.

Wow....so the stanford encyclopedia of philosophy is wrong or mistaken or dishonest on the topic of omniscience and freewill despite its clearly worded research and argument on the topic?

I would like to know the answer to the question I asked you earlier

Did the two encyclopedias of philosophies i presented on that thread use illogical or logical argument to highlight the problem omniscience and freewill?

This is funny...please answer the above question in bold

Ihedinobi:
Lol. Logicboy, your desperation is showing. smiley What shift did you mean?

Does the fact that love requires a brain to exist make love a physical thing? Are you trying to say that the brain is love? grin Dude, you're still falling into your own trap. If love, a metaphysical thing, is an act or action or a result of something the brain, a physical thing, does, you're agreeing that cause-effect applies to the metaphysical amd even across the metaphysical-physical barrier. grin You're in trouble, dude.

But I would be very interested to see how you'll prove that love is a physical thing grin

love is not a metaphysical thing. It is an abstract concept surrounding a physical process between two objects. Object A loves Object B.

Tony loves Tonia. Tony has to "physically interact" with Tonia before he can fall in love with Tonia. He has to see Tonia and like something about her before he loves her.

Love is nothing more than chemical reactions in your brain/body.

Love, like the mind, is an abstract concept used to explain a physical phenomena.....not metaphysical. Only a douche like yourself would call love a metaphysical concept.

Note that I say "metaphysical" in the sense of something not physical but purely spiritual/imaginary that has no effect on the real world.

Ihedinobi:
Logicboy, a non sequitur is an argument whose conclusion does not follow from the premises. How is that what I offered? You insisted that an omniscient being is a contradiction because it wouldn't know how to remember considering that it never forgets. And I responded with an argument for how it would know how to remember even without ever forgetting. Your answer above is a whine.

Being a creator is irrelevant to the ability of omniscience. Your inclusion of God's creative abilities is a non-sequitur. You cant start with "God is a creator" and end with "therefore omniscience is...."

Ihedinobi:
If the omniscient is a creator of sentient beings that are equipped with an ability to recall forgotten things, then the omniscient need never forget to know how to recall since he designed the ability to recall. If you want to show that the omnisciemt cannot be a creator, by all means, do. But your statement above already shows that you think that being omniscient does not prevent a being from being a creator. smiley

That is an irrelevant argument to the ability of omnisicence.

1) You are already assuming that God exists and also that he is a creator. Baseless assumptions are not facts.
2) You confuse yourself. I can not solve six digit algebra equations (100999X + 8887y = 0909) in milliseconds but I can create a robot who can. God creating humans that can forget will not make him able to forget, the same way a human can not solve six digit algebra equations even if he can create a robot that can do such equations.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by freeradical(m): 12:22pm On Nov 16, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, I wasn't insulting you. I was just joking with you. Sorry bro
Aight mate...no harm done.
To answer your question earlier, I think God is just. If i die in the naija typhoon and find mysef before him and he isnt that way as described by my xtian faith then i expect him to be just in the way he will judge me. Atleast in my life tym ive always sought him out. I never scorned his existence because I couldnt see him then or touch him.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by frank317: 12:23pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ihedinobi:
Obviously, if God's knowledge does not have a cause-effect relationship with your choices, your question is rather meaningless. smiley

What is your problem with God's knowledge about hell?

Lol,

Mr preacher... Must what God knows about my future actions come to pass? Yes or No.

Honestly, i have No problem with God's knowledge about hell. Was just trying to point out the implication of ur statement
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 16, 2013
frank3.16:

Lol,

Mr preacher... Must what God knows about my future actions come to pass? Yes or No.

Honestly, i have No problem with God's knowledge about hell. Was just trying to point out the implication of ur statement

Better yet ask him the cause and effect of the old testament prophecy of a Messiah and Mary giving birth in the New Testament to a Messiah....

Why doesnt he add his cause and effect to what he believes?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by freeradical(m): 12:30pm On Nov 16, 2013
frank3.16:

Lol,

Bros I think it is not relevant for you to know what God knows or doesnt know. How does that affect you. You are called to a life of holiness. Choose good over evil. Follow the laws of God and love your neighbours. Believe it or not you make your own choices in life so whether God knows the end or not doesnt change anytin because he didnt interfere. Or do you ever feel complelled to do anytin?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by MrTroll(m): 12:50pm On Nov 16, 2013
In replying to me, Ihe just said that man does not have absolute freewill. I'm done with this argument.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

[size=18pt]Feigning ignorance again? Do you love to be dishonest for Christ?[/size]

First of all, I have made the logical argument on the problem of freewill and omnipotence to you both on this thread and another thread. Yet, you are stating indirectly that I am appealing to authority and you are also asking for the logical argument......as if you didnt see it!!!!

Here is the comment-

Here is the link to the other thread

7 long pages from that comment of you denying facts

Or better yet, you can use the stanford encyclopedia of philosophy
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/free-will-foreknowledge/
Lol. You did not make a logical argument. You made a fallacious argument. That is what I've been telling you since Davidylan's Cowardice of Atheism. Your argument is a circular one. Go and fix that and we can talk.

As for the encyclopaedias, I read the articles then and saw the same circular argument. I cannot accept that omniscience invalidates free will because free will invalidates omniscience. The definition of free will is not "the absence of omniscience" and vice versa. That's the work you still have to do.

Wow....so the stanford encyclopedia of philosophy is wrong or mistaken or dishonest on the topic of omniscience and freewill despite its clearly worded research and argument on the topic?
See above.

I would like to know the answer to the question I asked you earlier

Did the two encyclopedias of philosophies i presented on that thread use illogical or logical argument to highlight the problem omniscience and freewill?

This is funny...please answer the above question in bold
See above.

love is not a metaphysical thing. It is an abstract concept surrounding a physical process between two objects. Object A loves Object B.

Tony loves Tonia. Tony has to "physically interact" with Tonia before he can fall in love with Tonia. He has to see Tonia and like something about her before he loves her.

Love is nothing more than chemical reactions in your brain/body.

Love, like the mind, is an abstract concept used to explain a physical phenomena.....not metaphysical. Only a douche like yourself would call love a metaphysical concept.

Note that I say "metaphysical" in the sense of something not physical but purely spiritual/imaginary that has no effect on the real world.
Describe those "chemical reaction", can you? What do they look, taste, smell, sound and feel like? Describe love physically.

It's curious how you continue to call it an abstract concept and still insist that it is a physical quantity.

Being a creator is irrelevant to the ability of omniscience. Your inclusion of God's creative abilities is a non-sequitur. You cant start with "God is a creator" and end with "therefore omniscience is...."

That is an irrelevant argument to the ability of omnisicence.

1) You are already assuming that God exists and also that he is a creator. Baseless assumptions are not facts.
2) You confuse yourself. I can not solve six digit algebra equations (100999X + 8887y = 0909) in milliseconds but I can create a robot who can. God creating humans that can forget will not make him able to forget, the same way a human can not solve six digit algebra equations even if he can create a robot that can do such equations.
You really are wasting everyone's time, Lb. If God designed the ability to recall, then He knows how to recall, end of story. He does not need to possess the ability himself to know how it works if He designed it. Simple.

And stop whining about my bringing in the Creator aspect. There is no non sequitur there. I did not stary with "God is a Creator..." and end with "omniscience is..." I started with "if an omniscient is..." and ended with "therefore an omniscienct..." Stop lying for atheism.

By the way, being a creator is entirely relevant to being omniscient. A creator by definition is one who knows enough to bring some system with knowable properties into existence. Omniscience is a condition of knowing everything. As such, an omniscient can be a creator and a creator is ideally omniscient about systems it brings into existence. And that fits right into the argument here.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 16, 2013
frank3.16:

Lol,

I answered you. cheesy My answer was that your question is of the same quality as this one: "who's the wife of a married bachelor?" Both are equally meaningless or nonsense. smiley

Ok. Cool. wink
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ihedinobi:
Are you saying that we are in agreement? cheesy

So you believe that neither a free will nor omniscience exists?

Yes. There is no freewill and there is no omniscience.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 16, 2013
Mr Troll: In replying to me, Ihe just said that man does not have absolute freewill. I'm done with this argument.
Yes I did say that. And I explained that what that meant is that man's will is free only within a finite array of choices. That was in a bid to account for God's part in the equation as creator. I imagine you didn't care about anything else. smiley You just did the atheist thing and stuck your fingers in your ears and sang "la la la la la la la...." Lolololol.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 16, 2013
rationalmind:

Yes. There is no freewill and there is no omniscience.

In other words, you hold that knowledge does not exist and we do not make choices. Interesting.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 16, 2013
@Mr Troll, by the way, is it your position that man's will is, should be or can be absolute?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 16, 2013
free radical: Aight mate...no harm done.
To answer your question earlier, I think God is just. If i die in the naija typhoon and find mysef before him and he isnt that way as described by my xtian faith then i expect him to be just in the way he will judge me. Atleast in my life tym ive always sought him out. I never scorned his existence because I couldnt see him then or touch him.

Good. You expect him to be just in the way he judges you? Same thing applies to your question when we face him. We expect him to be just the way he judges us.

As for us insulting him, its no fault of our own. He left no evidence and we treated him like a fairytale.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 16, 2013
May not be answering for a while. Got stuff to take care of. wink
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ihedinobi:
In other words, you hold that knowledge does not exist and we do not make choices. Interesting.

That's twisting and you know it. I didn't say knowledge doesn't exists. Omniscient implies perfect and aboslute knowledge. Saying omniscience doesn't exist is not the same as saying knowledge does not exist.

And yes, we don't make choices. Everything we do has its root in genetics or our social conditioning.

Take a deep look at every choice you feel uve ever made, they all have their roots in your genetics or social conditioning. You are not making any choice. Its what uve been conditioned to do.

There is no freewill, its an illusion.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 16, 2013
nwuyag: Let us just agree with the independent relationship between omniscience and freew8ll.
Are you guys (xtians) trying to tell me that we are going to be judged by an omniscience being that created us? Meaning the omniscient being which gave you the ability to make choices, knew and knows where your final choices will lead you to before you were made(heaven/hell)?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by freeradical(m): 2:04pm On Nov 16, 2013
rationalmind:

Good. You expect him to be just in the way he judges you? Same thing applies to your question when we face him. We expect him to be just the way he judges us.

As for us insulting him, its no fault of our own. He left no evidence and we treated him like a fairytale.
You are right. let's leave it at that then....let the just God judge. I so have noffin to lose if you turn out to be right and God doesnt exist cause i'd simply just float into nothingness grin.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by nnofaith: 2:11pm On Nov 16, 2013
An omniscient creator cannot purnish his creation for excercising the freewill he (the creator) donated.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 16, 2013
free radical: You are right. let's leave it at that then....let the just God judge. I so have noffin to lose if you turn out to be right and God doesnt exist cause i'd simply just float into nothingness grin.

The pascal wager.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 16, 2013
nwuyag:
Let us just agree with the
independent relationship between
omniscience and freewill.
Are you guys trying to tell me that we are
going to be judged by an omniscience being
that created us? Meaning the omniscient
being which gave you the ability to make
choices, knew where your final choices will
lead you to before you were made. And knows if I will go to either heaven or hell infinite years before the world was made. And yet still made me. If you
can't see the madness in this, then there is
no point continuing this debate.
is this what you want a sane human to believe?
Ihedinobi:
If you can't see the sense in it, there's no point continuing this debate with you. cheesy
I can only conclude that ihe is going through a tough time pretending to believe the sh1t he has been posting here. We are not kids. Your older posts show that you can think better than this
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ihedinobi:
Lol. You did not make a logical argument. You made a fallacious argument. That is what I've been telling you since Davidylan's Cowardice of Atheism. Your argument is a circular one. Go and fix that and we can talk.

As for the encyclopaedias, I read the articles then and saw the same circular argument. [size=18pt]I cannot accept that omniscience invalidates free will because free will invalidates omniscience.[/size] The definition of free will is not "the absence of omniscience" and vice versa. That's the work you still have to do.

See above.

See above.

No one made the argument in bold or defined freewill as the absence of omniscience.

Nice.....claim that the arguments against your position are circular without pointing how or adding strawmen.

The argument is simple-

The knowledge of an omniscient being is knowledge of everything including the past, present and future. He knows the future. He knows your future. Therefore, you future has already been seen. You cant change your future. The omniscient being knows when you will die and how you will die. How do you have freewill? The omnipotent knows what you will eat the next day.

Jesus had a vision that Judas will betray him
Could Judas avoid betraying Jesus? No because God would have been wrong. You cant know everything and then be wrong on your own vision.

Ihedinobi:
Describe those "chemical reaction", can you? What do they look, taste, smell, sound and feel like? Describe love physically.

It's curious how you continue to call it an abstract concept and still insist that it is a physical quantity.

I know that you want to be silly. I wont indulge you. What I said was very clear. This line of argument is even off topic from omniscience.

Ihedinobi:
You really are wasting everyone's time, Lb. If God designed the ability to recall, then He knows how to recall, end of story. He does not need to possess the ability himself to know how it works if He designed it. Simple.

And stop whining about my bringing in the Creator aspect. There is no non sequitur there. I did not stary with "God is a Creator..." and end with "omniscience is..." I started with "if an omniscient is..." and ended with "therefore an omniscienct..." Stop lying for atheism.

By the way, being a creator is entirely relevant to being omniscient. A creator by definition is one who knows enough to bring some system with knowable properties into existence. Omniscience is a condition of knowing everything. As such, an omniscient [size=18pt]can[/size] be a creator and a creator is [size=18pt]ideally[/size] omniscient about systems it brings into existence. And that fits right into the argument here.

@ bolded words- see how you use sophistry to argue nonsense?

Even by your own words omniscience is not a necessary condition for a creator. So, how then is it of any value to the argument about the contradiction of omniscience?

And also, you claim that a creator is ideally omniscient. Why? We humans have created things without omniscient knowledge. Even Einstein would be an ignoramus by today's standards because we have advanced in physics.

Omniscience has no practical application in this real world- no human we know of is omniscient. To even argue that it is ideal for a creator to be omniscient is an example of arguing from ignorance. You dont know and you just claim.......funny enough, if even it is ideal for Yaweh to be omniscient, he is only one creator- it doesnt apply to others

As for you foolish argument.....I see how you shifted the argument from "forgetting" to "recall"......

First of all- forgetting is an imperfection. A computer memory can not forget information unless it is deleted. We humans have fallible brains....we forget. God cant forget...perfect memories do not forget

Assuming that God is the creator, God would have only needed to add an inhibitor to our brain to limit our memory capacity indirectly making us forget. This would make more sense than God creating an ability that he has no way of feeling. Funny enough, forgetting is not an ability rather, an inability to know.

God's perfect nature wont allow him to forget.
God's omniscience wont allow him to forget since he knows everything. The moment he forgets, he doesnt know everything.

Checkmate.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by freeradical(m): 2:31pm On Nov 16, 2013
rationalmind:

The pascal wager.
Its not really pascal's wager for me because I truly believe God exists not because of what I stand to gain or lose. I know in my hrt of hrt that God is real and I'm not just pretending to serve him because I dnt wanna rot in hell. God is not man that can be deceived, he sees you heart and he knows those that love him genuinely from those that merely but fear his wrath.

But I think it's a good theory for real atheist to employ in question dia position on God's existence Or wat do u tink? wink
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by frank317: 2:58pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ihedinobi:
I answered you. cheesy My answer was that your question is of the same quality as this one: "who's the wife of a married bachelor?" Both are equally meaningless or nonsense. smiley

Ok. Cool. wink

I cant jst stop laughing... Now that i am sure u accept that there is something like a married bachelor, we might as welll talk abour the wife... I mean we said ' married' right?

Cant u see that aLl u have been tryin to say is that there lies a man who is married but is a bachelor and yet his status is unrated to how many wifes or children he has just because he is alos a bachelor.

Now how rediculous does that sound?

Cant u see that u have given him two status at once? yet u chose to deal with only his bachelor hood angle and Neglect his married status. What then happened to the marriied status u have given him?

Do u think this should make sense?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 16, 2013
free radical: Its not really pascal's wager for me because I truly believe God exists not because of what I stand to gain or lose. I know in my hrt of hrt that God is real and I'm not just pretending to serve him because I dnt wanna rot in hell. God is not man that can be deceived, he sees you heart and he knows those that love him genuinely from those that merely but fear his wrath.

But I think it's a good theory for real atheist to employ in question dia position on God's existence Or wat do u tink? wink

Lol, so, its not a theory for you to employ because ure convinced in your heart of hearts there is a God. How can it now be a theory for atheists to employ when they are also convinced in their heart of hearts there is no God
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by frank317: 3:52pm On Nov 16, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, so, its not a theory for you to employ because ure convinced in your heart of hearts there is a God. How can it now be a theory for atheists to employ when they are also convinced in their heart of hearts there is no God

Wow!! Isnt too direct... Pls dont put them in such a difficult position
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 16, 2013
frank3.16:

Wow!! Isnt too direct... Pls dont put them in such a difficult position

Lol, God will come to their rescue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? / What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Storms Abuja For Partners, Sons & Daughters Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.