Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport (38283 Views)

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA / The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by sCun: 1:46pm On Nov 13, 2013
haibe:

Its not as bad as MMA bro..don't you still get it, btw I was talking about ghana in general when I made that post, not just airport but every sector. the airport issue is still a small issue, have you been to general hospitals in nigeria? you will cry the way those sick poor people are treated.
You have no point. You are obviously one of those the writer was referring to in that bit about mediocrity and lack of excellence.
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by jude33084(m): 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
undecided When was that?
mumumugu: When it was good, no praise
now its bad, all complaint
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by iterator25: 1:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ooboy e don end
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by iterator25: 1:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
They'd rather complain/protest for subsidy removal and not infrastructure/social amenities .. bloody Nigerians.. y'all should be nuked outta the face of the earth angry
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by souleymon(m): 1:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
Nigerians deserve more but as long as we have people – including the President –
dancing on national TV because a road contract has been awarded
[size=18pt][/size]

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Pattey(m): 1:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
Gregzee: List of Nigerian Aviation
Ministers...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Category:Aviation_ministers_of_Nigeria
Babatunde Omotoba
Babalola Borishade
Olusegun Agagu
Femi Fani-Kayode
Kema Chikwe
Felix Hyatt
Stella Oduah

sCun: Hmm this list is wonderful! We now know the axis where the rot comes from.
Babalola shame on you!
Olusegun shame on you!
Femi shame on you!

So, somewhere in your daft mind, the "Initial" three long discharged 'SW ministers' are responsible for the rot in aviation, NOT the three MOST Recent ministers, who are ironically more of Easterners!?

B4 you attempt e-tribalism (or any kind) be sure ur brain is workin @ full capacity. Ok? cheesy
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by iterator25: 1:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
souleymon: Nigerians deserve more but as long as we have people – including the President –
dancing on national TV
because a road contract has been awarded[size=18pt][/size]
Really
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by skiesoduah: 1:56pm On Nov 13, 2013

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by haibe(m): 1:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
sCun: You have no point. You are obviously one of those the writer was referring to in that bit about mediocrity and lack of excellence.

No bro, its just that I am not biased as you, I am objective. I have been to ghana and I know the economy is currently better than nigeria, there is nothing mediocre in stating a fact, just be sincered; Nigeria is currently in a poor shape.

or will you say countries like south africa, equitorial guinea, algeria.. are not better than nigeria? obviously they are and there is nothing wrong in stating that fact, it doesn't mean mediocre.

The problem with people like you is that you have "subjective patriotism". Face the fact bro, state the truth when you see it, you won't be killed for it.

3 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Pattey(m): 2:06pm On Nov 13, 2013
theoctopus:

I warned them several times before when ACN supporters started this trend of tribalism and sectionalism, thinking that they will eventually benefit from it. They are so foolish. This trend only has one final outcome. Disintegration of Nigeria, which is what the SS and SE actually want. Let them continue their dance of shame

Ignorant folks like you keep thinking if the chips are down, the SS will actually want to be locked in a union with SE. . . Na una they scream 'our oyel' 'our oyel' 'our oyel' past, but who truly get the oil? SE or SS?

Ignoramus. . .
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by sCun: 2:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
haibe:

No bro, its just that I am not biased as you, I am objective. I have been to ghana and I know the economy is currently better than nigeria, there is nothing mediocre in stating a fact, just be sincered; Nigeria is currently in a poor shape.

or will you say countries like south africa, equitorial guinea, algeria.. are not better than nigeria? obviously they are and there is nothing wrong in stating that fact, it doesn't mean mediocre.

The problem with people like you is that you have "subjective patriotism". Face the fact bro, state the truth when you see it, you won't be killed for it.
Nigeria is in poor shape, and you want us to be like another country which is also in poor shape. I ask again, isn't that the mediocrity the writer was talking about?

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Excellent7(m): 2:14pm On Nov 13, 2013
Pink!:
On a side note, I don't know why folks keep complaining about paying to use the trolley. All the airports I've used/passed through, I've always paid. How in the world would the trollies be maintained if there's no charge attached to it.
Let's be reasonable in our complaints pls.

@Pink! Please no offence intended, where have you been travelling that you had to pay to use trolleys in all the airports you have used? Your posts seems to suggest you have only travelled within Naija.
My experience is rather different, as in all my extensive travels, I have never had to pay for trolleys except in Naija. I guess it is same experience with most other travellers hence the complaint.
About your question on how trolleys are going to be maintained, I want you to know that this is covered in the taxes paid in your ticket. If you ever check the breakdown of your ticket fees, a very significant chunk goes as taxes. So when you pay for your ticket, you paid for use of airport facility like these (trolley, restrooms, escalators,conveyors, luggage carousels) etc.
And on the side of the airlines depending on your ticket type you can have access to their lounges in between flights on long layovers. I once did a mental calculation that suggested an airline spent more on me than the cost of my ticket due to a delay from there side that made me miss a connecting flight. They apologized,provided transportation to good hotel in town,took care of dinner at hotel, upgraded my ticket for the flight the next day. Was I happy? yes I was seeing the efforts made! Do I expect same treatment in Naija with any of our airlines? I don't think so!
For your information the international standard is that if your flight is delayed by up to six hours the airline is to provide lunch/dinner etc, more than this accommodation comes in except in emergencies (force majeure)
Honestly, a lot of things need attention in a lot of sectors on the side of regulators and operators. Being able to compare notes with what obtains in other climes is bound to make one appreciate how bad the situation is.

3 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by haibe(m): 2:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
sCun: Nigeria is in poor shape, and you want us to be like another country which is also in poor shape. I ask again, isn't that the mediocrity the writer was talking about?

ghana is far better bro, if you have ever lived in ghana you would understand better.

If nigeria improves to the level of ghana tomorrow, I bet, you will praise that current leader because it will be an awesome acheivement.

3 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by sCun: 2:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
haibe:

ghana is far better bro, if you have ever lived in ghana you would understand better.

If nigeria improves to the level of ghana tomorrow, I bet, you will praise that current leader because it will be an awesome acheivement.
Then you are one of the mediocre people the writer talked about. Simple!
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by haibe(m): 2:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
sCun: Then you are one of the mediocre people the writer talked about. Simple!

Explain how improving is tantamount to mediocre.

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by dbride: 2:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
I was at MMIA on 2/11/2013 to receive my guests 4rm Houston, Texas; it was a very bad experience. The arrival hall was like an oven, the toilets were awful. The plane arrived 2.15 pm but the passengers started coming out at 4.47 pm all drenched in their sweat complaining bitterly of the heat and time spent to retrieve their luggage! The car park was a nightmare, ditches all over and #400.00 parking charges; shamefully, they were collecting parking charges even when the car park was full.....fraud all over!

I wondered what IMPROVEMENT defenders of Stella Oduah were talking about. Shame, Shame, Shame.

5 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by sCun: 2:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
haibe:

Explain how improving is tantamount to mediocre.
The country you want us to be like is a third world country by all international standards. The writer lamented the inabilty of Nigerians to strive for excellence, yet your ambition is for us to be like Ghana. Why not Norway, Sweden or even South Africa or Malaysia? By the way, you aren't the only one who has lived in Ghana, some of us know better.

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Litmus: 2:28pm On Nov 13, 2013
slim fit :
That's why my child would not come to Nigeria again, never he said. He said people were behaving like animals no offence. He reminded me of me too much. Like father like daughter. Even a monkey has better organisation than us.

Its like we deliberately make simple things look difficult. Can you imagine.

More room for Indians then who seem more willing to put up with all that
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by haibe(m): 2:35pm On Nov 13, 2013
sCun: The country you want us to be like is a third world country by all international standards. The writer lamented the inabilty of Nigerians to strive for excellence, yet your ambition is for us to be like Ghana. Why not Norway, Sweden or even South Africa or Malaysia? By the way, you aren't the only one who has lived in Ghana, some of us know better.

do you know we meaning of "in two years time we can AT LEAST be like ghana"?

In development process you are bound to reach a particular level, it could be a 1% development and yes it is an acheivement, you don't expect us to develop like U.S.A in two years time, it is almost impossible but we can reach the level of ghana in two years time, maybe south africa in 5 years time. Next time before you reply people you should read their posts with understanding

by the way, I don't buy the idea of labelling some countries as third world, what the whites say about us doesn't matter, even if we develop like them they won't still refer us as a developed nation.

I think you are the one having an inferiority complex here, the whites are not God to label us under developed or third world countries, we know we need to develop but its not their business.

btw going by your logic, ghana may be a third world country but it doesn't take away the fact they are better than us and so if we reach their level its an acheivement; no matter how little it is

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by sCun: 2:41pm On Nov 13, 2013
haibe:

do you know we meaning of "in two years time we can AT LEAST be like ghana"?

In development process you are bound to reach a particular level, it could be a 1% development and yes it is an acheivement, you don't expect us to develop like U.S.A in two years time, it is almost impossible but we can reach the level of ghana in two years time, maybe south africa in 5 years time. Next time before you reply people you should read their posts with understanding

by the way, I don't buy the idea of labelling some countries as third world, what the whites say about us doesn't matter, even if we develop like them they won't still refer us as a developed nation.

I think you are the one having an inferiority complex here, the whites are not God to label us under developed or third world countries, we know we need to develop but its not their business.

btw going by your logic, ghana may be a third world country but it doesn't take away the fact they are better than us and so if we reach their level its an acheivement; no matter how little it is
So in what and what way do you want us to reach their level, can you elaborate? You tried to dodge the airport issue which is the crux of the matter here, which of the problems pointed out by the wiriter cannot be found in Kotoka international airport? If MMIA Lagos is too much of a disgrace for us, we have Nnamdi Azikiwe and other international airports to fall back to, which other one do they have? By your logic, in 2 years time we should be producing 2000MW of electricity like them.

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by danbabe: 2:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
740megawatts:

Can you please list these airports for us? I am very much interested to know international airports that charge trolley rentage fees....thanks in anticipation

IAD- At Dulles International Airport, Washington, I always have to slot in 3 dollars to get a trolley when departing the U.S. However, upon arrival at the same airport from any destination, its free. I simply pick up a trolley and get my luggage.
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by manjiggy(m): 2:45pm On Nov 13, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros what percentage of the national income does the sw even contribute? If to say na una get oyel pesin for no hear word again!!

Don't even try to mention that word 'ibadan' again as that place is a glorified village!! Too much foreigners indeed I wonder where we would place port-harcourt
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by haibe(m): 2:45pm On Nov 13, 2013
sCun: So in what and what way do you want us to reach their level, can you elaborate? You tried to dodge the airport issue which is the crux of the matter here, which of the problems pointed out by the wiriter cannot be found in Kotoka international airport? If MMIA Lagos is too much of a disgrace for us, we have Nnamdi Azikiwe and other international airports to fall back to, which other one do they have? By your logic, in 2 years time we should be producing 2000MW of electricity like them.

Their Airport (international) is better than our. Am not dodging anything.

their security, education, health sector, electricity is better than our..so there is no mediocre in developing to this extent.

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Litmus: 2:46pm On Nov 13, 2013
haibe:

their security, education, health sector, electricity is better than our..so there is no mediocre in developing to this extent.

Is this a joke

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by manjiggy(m): 2:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros what percentage of the national income does the sw even contribute? If to say na una get oyel pesin for no hear word again!!

Don't even try to mention that word 'ibadan' again as that place is a glorified village!! Too much foreigners indeed I wonder where we would place port-harcourt

Ibadan a glorified village? If you are confident enough, kindly mention your place of origin.

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by sCun: 2:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
haibe:

Well I say their airport isn't better than ''ours'', their education and health sector isn't better than ''ours'', their security is better than ours because of the absence of terrorism, but armed robbery, kidnapping, assasination and the rest also happen there, electricity is only slightly better than ours and my ambition is definitely not to produce 2000MW.
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by haibe(m): 2:50pm On Nov 13, 2013
Litmus:

Is this a joke

if you doubt, you can go and confirm through records or live there..
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by haibe(m): 2:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
sCun: Well I say their airport isn't better than ''ours'', their education and health sector isn't better than ''ours'', their security is better than ours because of the absence of terrorism, but armed robbery, kidnapping, assasination and the rest also happen there, electricity is only slightly better than ours and my ambition is definitely not to producw 2000MW.

I don't expect you to be sincered, lol
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by sCun: 2:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
haibe:

I don't expect you to be sincered, lol
Are you through? Ghana this Ghana that, time to tell us how they are actually better than us and your long drivel has been reduced to one line.
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by dbride: 2:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
theoctopus:

You should know that promoting.that crook Fashola and apc is the point of the whole thread. Can't you see all the paid agents on NL are fallen over themselves to talk trash? cheesy

You dumbass, you have 2 wives, your house is filthy and you refuse to speak out for fear of being accused of attacking one of the wives! Empty head, must everything be politics and opposition, PDP and APC? I guess you have NEVER had the opportunity to visit MMIA or any airport for that matter, so please desist from commenting on this subject, it is too big for you. Be informed that everyone using the airport has paid for good services, it is included in the air tickets and anything short of that is FRAUD.

Educate yourself first before commenting on a subject you know nothing about; ignorance is the reason you made the above out-of-point remark and still think others are talking trash. Truly, IGNORANCE is a DISEASE and you can get cured if you humble yourself.

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 13, 2013
geeez:
The airport is a shame

When you travel, most times you have to wait for your luggage for hours

In other airports I've been outside this country, by the time you've gone through border checks, your luggage will be waiting for you

The conveyors don't work

The staff aren't courteous and always asking for money

You even have to pay to use their trolleys

There are better train stations in Europe and the Americas than airports in Naija

Its obvious u havent really travelled out. The last time I was in u.s., I had to open my luggage.

The last 4ime I was in u.k, my luggage was missing. I got it 3 days later. Though there was a good explanation.
These problems exist everywhere in the world (maybe except the AC issue)
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by haibe(m): 3:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
sCun: Are you through? Ghana this Ghana that, time to tell us how they are actually better than us and your long drivel has been reduced to one line.

I have told you how they are better but you are insincere in accepting.. I wasn't even expecting you to be sincered since you have been opposing the motion, but well even a nigerian minister admitted Ghana's economy is currently better than ours, you are either biased or don't know what you are saying.

I have said enough already, and please don't border quoting me cos I won't reply you, I have spent enough time here already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai / My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan / Kenya's Electric Okada (Boda Boda)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.