Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport (38282 Views)

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA / The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 13, 2013
theoctopus:

Fashola did not build Lagos. His contribution to Lagos is insignificant. He is just a cheap concession crook. A proxy through whom Tinubu is stealing billions.

yes we know he didn't build lagos ,it was peter obi that developed lagos.
just shut the fck up.

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by theoctopus: 11:58am On Nov 13, 2013
Tadon200:
Yes we know ,he is 100 times better than your glorified Jonathan.

He is nothing but a cheap crook. The concession scam has just gone from 15 to 25 billion. The house has been hurriedly called back to rubber stamp it. He is a cheap crook

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by theoctopus: 12:00pm On Nov 13, 2013
Tadon200:

yes we know he didn't build lagos ,it was peter obi that developed lagos.
just shut the fck up.

Lagos was built by the military. It was Nigerias capital for decades. Tell me how many major roads in Lagos fashola built?
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by bootlegaz: 12:01pm On Nov 13, 2013
Babalola Borishade said he spent 60 billion naira on a single run way at Abuja international airport. To Yoruba standard he was not a thief or corrupt. Anyways, they were ones law abiding citizens as those complaining on here before reaching the national cake.
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by mrrock: 12:01pm On Nov 13, 2013
@Post
I just traveled from Cotonou to Lagos last week and the poor condition of the Badagry to Lagos road make me understand best what you are talking about the rott in this country. How can any government leave one of her major entrance in such a horrible condition?.
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
theoctopus:

He is nothing but a cheap crook. The concession scam has just gone from 15 to 25 billion. The house has been hurriedly called back to rubber stamp it. He is a cheap crook

why you dey take panadol for another man headache? na your hometown?
if you know there is a scam you can send your findings to sahara reporters. #thank you.

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by akereconfi: 12:04pm On Nov 13, 2013
OGA seun, this is what your beloved site is turning into with some of your MODS taking sides......................Show of SHAME

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by bootlegaz: 12:05pm On Nov 13, 2013
Tadon200:

if you know there is a scam you can send your findings to sahara reporters. #thank you.
So saharareporters is now justice of truth? You forgot it is own by a man infested with Nigerian skills(corruption)
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by bjdon: 12:07pm On Nov 13, 2013
Is any of this a surprise? Please show me one sector in Nigeria that meets international standards. Schools? Hospitals? Railways? Power Sector? Oil and gas? I never thought I would live to see the day where I now agree with those who say it's better to just give up and call the White man back to rule us for another 50 years. It's so sad but we just don't seem to be able to do anything right. Do our leaders not have any sense of shame? When they go to Dubai and US and Europe do they not say to themselves 'It would be great to have this kind of 24hrs power in Nigeria, or it would be great to have this type of road network in Nigeria' If our leadership class cant provide even the basics then what's the point? We may as well call back the colonial masters. At least things worked in their time

7 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by alguenyaMIST: 12:07pm On Nov 13, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Sincere 9gerian: I'll be back to return fire to the fool, who wrote the above one-sided article, which is nothing but another heap of rubbish, coming from the usual axis of EVIL- Tinubu Punch.
He is not a fool. He does not need Tinubu's money to speak out and say things the way they are. He STILL has a functioning conscience. More than we can say for you and your likes who are busy selling their grandchildren's inheritance to thieves in power today. Again tell your patrons change is coming and the prisons where they will live for life after now is waiting...... Oh wait. I really don't have any business replying minions like you. Should be addressing your puppeteers in Aso-Rock!!! Mtscheeeeeew!!!!
#Retardedfools.

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
ok ,if that's the case why don't you send it to champion or sun. abi what's stopping you?
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by bootlegaz: 12:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
The only way out is applying the Rawlings treatment. Every public office holder and dishonesty citizens should face firing squad.

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by UNLEASHED(m): 12:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
MMIA is most probably the worst airport in Africa no contest. Nothing at all is right about the airport. From the very poor structural state it is to poor maintenance and mismanagement.
Couple of months ago when I visited Nigeria, I was ashamed to see the arrival lounge running on fan, the fans were even plugged to stabilisers and everywhere was hot, clumsy and smelly.
The officials don't want to do a single thing for you for free. They're rude to the extent you'll want to slap someone, you can't lodge a complaint or ask a polite question without being insulted.
Security officers indirectly beg for stuffs in your bag at Check-in.
Sometimes I wonder if it's the same airport that serves our governors, senators, ministers and president.
No matter how beautiful your house is, the entrance tells a lot.

5 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Blizzle(m): 12:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
We have an incompetent minister of aviation that spent billions on rehabilitation of the airports with no noticeable improvement; not to mention the gargantuan overpriced bullet-proof BMW cars that one of the agencies under her ministry purchased for her. It is evident that she is not only incompetent but also a fraud.

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by bootlegaz: 12:14pm On Nov 13, 2013
UNLEASHED: MMIA is most probably the worst airport in Africa no contest. Nothing at all is right about the airport. From the very poor structural state it is to poor maintenance and mismanagement.
Couple of months ago when I visited Nigeria, I was ashamed to see the arrival lounge running on fan, the fans were even plugged to stabilisers and everywhere was hot, clumsy and smelly.
The officials don't want to do a single thing for you for free. They're rude to the extent you'll want to slap someone, you can't lodge a complaint or ask a polite question without being insulted.
Security officers indirectly beg for stuffs in your bag at Check-in.
Sometimes I wonder if it's the same airport that serves our governors, senators, ministers and president.
No matter how beautiful your house is, the entrance tells a lot.
Yet those same officers will complain about how corrupt the government is. Nigerians are hypocrites, I always give them red nose (clown)when they start ranting.

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Rubyventures: 12:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
The OP is on point let us stop burying our heads in the sand and admit when something is wrong.

I passed through the airport on the 22nd of October this year, about 4.30 a.m. to be precise. On arrival, in the glass cubicle was a female in uniform, sleeping on duty to the full glare of everyone arriving. Oblivious to the fact that this is an international airport, first point of call for most visitors. I felt ashamed.

5 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros what percentage of the national income does the sw even contribute? If to say na una get oyel pesin for no hear word again!!

Don't even try to mention that word 'ibadan' again as that place is a glorified village!! Too much foreigners indeed I wonder where we would place port-harcourt

Hahaha, funny but the leaders we talk about are also Nigerians...

Wicked blood runs in most of us. The things we do on our small desks give rise to the rot in the system. How many people here do things right in their offices ? Maybe 5%... So stop complaining...

The north is the highest beneficiary of the Nigerian entity! The north has the best road network in Nigeria. The best maintained roads in Nigeria exist in the Abuja-kaduna axis..

Yet they contribute only agriculture and a large chunk of violence. Yes, they feed the nation because Ibos have refused to farm. On my own, i have experimented and discovered that Ibo land can grow yam, plantain, banana, onions, melon fluted pumpkin and any crop you can think about. How many plantations exist in the east and we talk of youth unemployment?? Yes, our leaders are blind but their followers are more blind...

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by bootlegaz: 12:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
Blizzle: We have an incompetent minister of aviation that spent billions on rehabilitation of the airports with no noticeable improvement; not to mention the gargantuan overpriced bullet-proof BMW cars that one of the agencies under her ministry purchased for her. It is evident that she is not only incompetent but also a fraud.
In your fantasy world,corruption started from her administration right? You must be Yoruba co? Borishade spent 60billion naira on a single run way at Abuja airport.
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
Blizzle: We have an incompetent minister of aviation that spent billions on rehabilitation of the airports with no noticeable improvement; not to mention the gargantuan overpriced bullet-proof BMW cars that one of the agencies under her ministry purchased for her. It is evident that she is not only incompetent but also a fraud.

Agreed, but is she the one one who placed touts in the airport vicinity or you want her to come and put on the AC's because the airport has no management ?
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by theoctopus: 12:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
Tadon200:

Is Lagos your home town? Are you not from Osun or Ekiti state like Tinubu? I am more of a Lagosian than you. Where is you fathers compound in Lagos? Imposter like Tinubu
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by OgologoDimkpa: 12:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
akereconfi: OGA seun, this is what your beloved site is turning into with some of your MODS taking sides......................Show of SHAME
Quite unfortunate angry!
Everythread must be tribalized with little or no meaningful contribution undecided.
I weep for the future generation of this country sad
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by theoctopus: 12:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
E-X-P-O-S-E-D
below a list of accounts with which bolatinubu have used to steal lagos people money. these are the accounts where all his drugs and cocaine money go to.

BOLA Tinubu's foreign Accts :

1- Name of Bank – First Heritage Bank, Country Club Hill, Illinois, USA; Account Name, Bola Tinubu, Account Number – 263226700.

2- Name of Bank – Citi Bank NA. New York, USA; Account Name – Bola Tinubu and Compass Finance and investment Company Limited; Account Nos – 39483134, 39483396, 4650279566, 00400220, 39936383.

3- Name of Bank. Citi Bank International, New York; Account Name, Bola Tinubu.

4- Name of Bank – HSBC, 177 Great Portland Street London WIW60J: Account Name Sen Bola Tinubu; Account No. 71253670, Sort code-40-03-15.

5- Name of Bank – HSBC, 177 Great Portland Street London WIW 60J; Account Name; Sen. Bola Oluremi Tinubu, Account No. 71253670, sort code 40-03-15.

6- Name of Bank – HSBC, 177 Great Portland street London WIW 60J Account name, Sen. Bola Tinubu – money market, Account No.04320002DN.

7- Name of Bank – HSBC, 177 Great Portland Street, London WIW 60J; Account name: Tinubu Zainab Abisola (Miss); Account No. 172447101.

8- Name of Bank – HSBC, 177 Great Portland Street, London WIW 60J; Account Name, Tinubu Oluremi Shade, Account No. 41421522
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by theoctopus: 12:27pm On Nov 13, 2013
ogologodimkpa: Quite unfortunate angry!
Everythread must be tribalized with little or no meaningful contribution undecided.
I weep for the future generation of this country sad

I warned them several times before when ACN supporters started this trend of tribalism and sectionalism, thinking that they will eventually benefit from it. They are so foolish. This trend only has one final outcome. Disintegration of Nigeria, which is what the SS and SE actually want. Let them continue their dance of shame
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
you must be a joker , i was born and bred in lagos, stop deceiving yourself .we go hear na we develop lagos , lagos is no man's land .
i hear u. oga ADE. if you don't like what he is doing better pack to your hometown before you see deportation part 2.

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by akereconfi: 12:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
theoctopus:

I warned them several times before when ACN supporters started this trend of tribalism and sectionalism, thinking that they will eventually benefit from it. They are so foolish. This trend only has one final outcome. Disintegration of Nigeria, which is what the SS and SE actually want. Let them continue their dance of shame

this is how I see nairaland now

I have created a post https://www.nairaland.com/1515680/dear-mr-oluwaseun-osewa to seun

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Princek12(m): 12:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
740megawatts: By the way, what exactly went wrong with the central cooling system of the MMIA? It used to function optimally well until the late 90's or early 2000's. Instead, I see split air-conditioning systems being mounted everywhere. This is so sickening, how can you use clusters of split air-conditioners to cool a large structure like the MMIA? Whichever engineering firm(s) gave them this advice and carried out the unethical contracts for split systems must be re.tarded. From my engineering knowledge, I know that split systems are almost useless in such structures because of the large differential height from the floor level to the roof level. You cannot easily cool such structures from the ground level, rather it should instead be cooled from the roof level via conventional cooling systems. This method quickly allows cool air from above to quickly displace the hot air below. That cooling system at MMIA must be fixed and restored ASAP!!!

I agree with you 1000%. The sad part is that the money that was probably spent on the split ac systems was at least three times more than the cost of installing a new central ac system. The contract was probably used to chop money. Just see how your aviation minister awarded a contract for 2 2008 bullet proof BMWs for nearly ten times the cost of its actual value. It is madness like this that cripples that country and turns simple arithmetic into rocket science.

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
donodion: Hello House,

Please can someone honestly tell me how many international airports we have in Nigeria, Besides MMA and Nnamdi Azikwe at Abuja?.

Also id like someone to help me with the news article about how many BILLIONS OF NAIRA had been sunk into MMA International airport at Lagos.

To the poster and write of the article,thank you
There used to be four, but with that of Enugu, it is now five. They are Nnamdi Azikiwe, Abuja; Murtala Muhammed, Lagos; Aminu Kano, Kano; Port-Harcourt; and Akanu Ibiam, Enugu.
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 13, 2013
theoctopus: E-X-P-O-S-E-D
below a list of accounts with which bolatinubu have used to steal lagos people money. these are the accounts where all his drugs and cocaine money go to.

BOLA Tinubu's foreign Accts :

1- Name of Bank – First Heritage Bank, Country Club Hill, Illinois, USA; Account Name, Bola Tinubu, Account Number – 263226700.

2- Name of Bank – Citi Bank NA. New York, USA; Account Name – Bola Tinubu and Compass Finance and investment Company Limited; Account Nos – 39483134, 39483396, 4650279566, 00400220, 39936383.

3- Name of Bank. Citi Bank International, New York; Account Name, Bola Tinubu.

4- Name of Bank – HSBC, 177 Great Portland Street London WIW60J: Account Name Sen Bola Tinubu; Account No. 71253670, Sort code-40-03-15.

5- Name of Bank – HSBC, 177 Great Portland Street London WIW 60J; Account Name; Sen. Bola Oluremi Tinubu, Account No. 71253670, sort code 40-03-15.

6- Name of Bank – HSBC, 177 Great Portland street London WIW 60J Account name, Sen. Bola Tinubu – money market, Account No.04320002DN.

7- Name of Bank – HSBC, 177 Great Portland Street, London WIW 60J; Account name: Tinubu Zainab Abisola (Miss); Account No. 172447101.

8- Name of Bank – HSBC, 177 Great Portland Street, London WIW 60J; Account Name, Tinubu Oluremi Shade, Account No. 41421522
why don't you send this your list to sahara or sun, what's stopping you. stop displaying your stupidity allover this thread.

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by theoctopus: 12:36pm On Nov 13, 2013
Tadon200: you must be a joker , i was born and bred in lagos, stop deceiving yourself .we go hear na we develop lagos , lagos is no man's land .
i hear u. oga ADE. if you don't like what he is doing better pack to your hometown before you see deportation part 2.

Shut up my friend! Because you live in a one room hell hole, you think you own Lagos? You are a deluded fellow. The owners of Lagos are those who own choice properties and lands and houses. Not nematoads like you who live in shanks and come to NL to claim ownership of Lagos. I sorry for you. Ode!

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Greaaat: 12:40pm On Nov 13, 2013
See as people dey form Yankee (See as people dey form Yankee angry angry
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 13, 2013
theoctopus:

Shut up my friend! Because you live in a one room hell hole, you think you own Lagos? You are a deluded fellow. The owners of Lagos are those who own choice properties and lands and houses. Not nematoads like you who live in shanks and come to NL to claim ownership of Lagos. I sorry for you. Ode!
no i don't stay in one room apartment ,i stay under the bridge as you know people like you that sell spare part in lagos are the real owners of lagos. #glorified mumus and FYI am not your friend ,i don't know you from jack. #babbooo

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by anonimi: 12:42pm On Nov 13, 2013
okpara ugo:

Hahaha, funny but the leaders we talk about are also Nigerians...

Wicked blood runs in most of us. The things we do on our small desks give rise to the rot in the system. How many people here do things right in their offices ? Maybe 5%... So stop complaining...

The north is the highest beneficiary of the Nigerian entity! The north has the best roafds in Nigeria. The best maintained roads in Nigeria is Abuja-kaduna axis..

Yet they only contribute agriculture and negatively violence. Yes, they feed the nation because Ibos have refused to farm. On my own, i have experimented and discovered that Ibo land can grow yam, plantain, banana, onions, melon fluted pumpkin and any crop you can think about. How many plantations exist in the east and we talk of youth unemployment. Yes, our leaders are blind but their followers are more blind...

Thanks for your intelligent post.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai / My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan / Kenya's Electric Okada (Boda Boda)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.