Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. (13075 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Are Preparing For The Easter Season In The North. PICS / Our Soldiers Are Not Like Nigerians, They Don't Run - Niger's Defence Ministry / Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by otokx(m): 6:56am On Nov 14, 2013
The militarization of Delta State is quite unsettling and was noticed in my last visit. Full stone and sandbag roadblocks on a federal express road complete with guard house gave a picture of a state at war. There were many others on major local roads causing traffic jams. Funny enough the back roads were empty which makes nonsense of the show of force in front.

Delta State is really at war, kidnapping is at an all time high, the localities have to get together chase out such bad elements and burn down their houses. You guys should travel to places like Uyo, Calabar and Port Harcourt to understand your predicament.

We did not see any soldier manhandling any body.

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by kettykin: 7:10am On Nov 14, 2013
The way we make our bed is the way we lie on it.

The people in maiduguri who encouraged and accommodated boko haram are paying a big price for that, agbor youths should fish out kidnappers and let peace reign

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Acidosis(m): 9:29am On Nov 14, 2013
nofij: While i dont really support the modus operandi of the Nigerian Army, i think they have brought relative paece to Delta state as a whole. Before now, the rate of kidnapping in agbor kept on increasing while molestation and robbery in my school (ABRAKA) was on another level. Students of Delsu can testify to this fact.
I really think the earlier we started adapting to the army in our environ, the better for us.

I can testify
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Stunner1(f): 9:37am On Nov 14, 2013
Garri the 1st: Same thing is happening in the North...... Enjoy ur beastly guests for now.

hahahahahaha @ beastly guests grin grin
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 14, 2013
otokx: The militarization of Delta State is quite unsettling and was noticed in my last visit. Full stone and sandbag roadblocks on a federal express road complete with guard house gave a picture of a state at war. There were many others on major local roads causing traffic jams. Funny enough the back roads were empty which makes nonsense of the show of force in front.

Delta State is really at war, kidnapping is at an all time high, the localities have to get together chase out such bad elements and burn down their houses. You guys should travel to places like Uyo, Calabar and Port Harcourt to understand your predicament.

We did not see any soldier manhandling any body.

Exactly, almost all the major roads in Warri and Ughelli have been defaced with those sandbags and stones,you can't move an inch without seeing a military checkpoint,delta state is under siege, Kidnapping replaced militancy and the govt responded by sending in more JTF troops, even neighbouring Bayelsa that is more hot headed is not as militarized as Delta ,
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Cubeet: 9:44am On Nov 14, 2013
DELTA STATE IS A DANGEROUS PLACE TO LIVE IN. PLACES LIKE AGBOR, WARRI, KOKORI NEEDS MILITARY PERSONELS IN THE AREA. DESPITE THE PRESENCE OF SOLDIERS IN AGBOR, THERE WERE CASES OF KIDNAPPING LAST WEEK. PEOPLE ARE BEING KIDNAPPED EVERYDAY IN AGBOR, CASES OF ARMED ROBBERY INCREASING,CULTISM IN AGBOR IS RAMPANT.
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by McLuhan(m): 9:46am On Nov 14, 2013
Instead of terrorising Boko Haram militants, they are terrorising innocent civilians. Rubbish! It is only in Nigeria that soldiers leave their barracks and roam the streets with horsewhips, expecting motorists to clear the streets so they can drive around unhindered and daring anyone to utter a word in protest. Against the acceptable practice all over the world, Nigerian soldiers even arrest and detain civilians! They make a habit of preying on policemen, fighting them at every opportunity and killing them at the slightest provocation. They frequently clash with members of the other armed forces as well, as if they are enemy combatants at the warfront. Except government calls these errant soldiers to order, our society will became more and more lawless.

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by baslone: 9:47am On Nov 14, 2013
kettykin: The way we make our bed is the way we lie on it.

The people in maiduguri who encouraged and accommodated boko haram are paying a big price for that, agbor youths should fish out kidnappers and let peace reign

Oh yes, I am in support of this.

Harassment and killing of innocent citizens in the Boko infested cities by the military was publicly celebrated here on NL.

Agbor youths should get use to it(collateral damage) till they decide to form their own version of civilian JTF against kidnappers.
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Rick9(m): 9:49am On Nov 14, 2013
So it's true, i heard it before but i didnt beleive it, Why Army Go dey behave like this na, i thought they were disciplined Uh
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Cubeet: 9:59am On Nov 14, 2013
nofij: While i dont really support the modus operandi of the Nigerian Army, i think they have brought relative paece to Delta state as a whole. Before now, the rate of kidnapping in agbor kept on increasing while molestation and robbery in my school (ABRAKA) was on another level. Students of Delsu can testify to this fact.
I really think the earlier we started adapting to the army in our environ, the better for us.
THATS TRUE. ARMED ROBBERY IN DELSU IS INCREASING EVERYDAY. STUDENT ARE BEING ROBBED
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by kstyle2(m): 10:02am On Nov 14, 2013
5columnist: Are you a kidnapper? Why are you complaining? So the leaders should complain so that the army will go and you will start your ungodly business of kidnapping defenceless citizens.
.....pple like u r d reason we hav middle fingers.....hw wud u feel if it were 2 b in ur area such tin happened.....I can place bets on my car dat dat moni is going 2 d purse of one morbidly obese politician

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Akshow: 10:08am On Nov 14, 2013
In a sane nation, army no de town.
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 14, 2013
windows8: Some time ago, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa(Representing Delta North) Father was kidnapped and mayhem was released in the town, Army was all over the place, instead of finding the kidnapped man, the innocents passers by were always harassed, The father has been seen but the army personnel have refused to go, The army in Agbor are destroying lives everyday and have no sympathy for innocent citizens in the town, parents are been made to lie flat on the floor just because he/she is driving to church for night programme, some of the okada riders are in hospital cause the army chase them recklessly, A guy just broke his leg some few hours ago, they forcefully stopped him by flogging him. This army and Police are ripping us in the town, They forcefully take the bikes and send them to the police station and owners will pay (20) twenty thousand for the bike to be released. an estimate of fifteen (15) bikes daily, i will like to know which account that money is going to. There is no curfew in the town and yet movement is restricted, no night life anymore, The Dien, Obi, Elders and chiefs are mute over the whole incidence, they cant even come together to tackle minor issues. This message is not meant to discredit anyone or party, its meant to inform every Ika citizen of the activities of army in the town. Please we want our lives back. Cities where kidnapping is being practice often, you wont find army brutalization. We are loving people and we love each other, The police is capable of handling any issues that may arise.
Mods abeg front page cause my people in and out needs to know whats its happening
Agbor people are too stubborn. You people should learn your place and try as much as possible to avoid soldiers. When they say do not do a thing, do not do it else you will be in soup. I am sure they haven't even built a torture camp near agbor unlike my town where they could seize people and they may not return or even shoot a person fatally for disobedience.

Soldiers have their downside but their upside surpasses their downside. Agbor people should try to obey.

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by gabito4luv(m): 10:12am On Nov 14, 2013
[quote
author=windows8]I will never support crime, am only concerned about
innocent persons being harassed everyday, am also concerned about how
they and the police are ripping people off their hard earned money. Its
obvious that you are one of them[/quote]

My Bro dont mind those fools sayin nonsense here. if only u see what those soldiers did to poor farmers in my village @ Agbor-obi all in the name of looking for the mother of Okonjo Iweala.
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Sojebrand(m): 10:13am On Nov 14, 2013
don33310: I don't get it,army doing job of a police officers.Why?
did i hear you say police officers? for this naija, bros abeg which tribe you be.

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Ekob(m): 10:18am On Nov 14, 2013
Acidosis: Soldiers are everywhere in Delta state..

Warri, Agbor, Sapele, (Asaba is fair and peaceful).

You and I know, a place like Agbor or Warri without the Military men is risky to live in.

Its obvious the way you people build your houses with "Chains, bars, and very thick iron rods"... like say una dey live with devil himself

So bro, u gotta endure..

Meanwhile I will never forget the day one barbaric gang malhandled my friend in Warri...
The guy was mercilessly beaten for doing nothing.

I'll never forget the day, a thief nearly chop off my friend's left arm because of wristwatch in Warri.. The trace is still evident till date.

I'll never forget the day, a guy pointed a gun at my forehead at about 7pm in my room because of ordinary Laptop.

I'll never forget the day, a group of guys killed a Police officer along express road, Abraka..

I'll never forget the day a group of cultist killed an innocent guy in a compound I lodged on my visit to a town in Delta st.

I'll never forget the night of terror in Campus 2, when a group of armed men raid the entire Abraka town for over 3hrs, banks were robbed, ATMs destroyed.. Bullets on the streets..

These are just few out of the many incidence I witnessed within a close period.
and even your no1 MOG in Delta - Oritshejafor can testify, he was once a street rogue and cultist..
I'm sure he killed/or stole too

Infact, I would recommend more security men to help caution the level of arrogance in that place..

Like seriously, don't you people travel out to other states to witness the unending peace?
With all dese bad experiences u are having dt u ave mentioned nw.i dont think u are spiritually okay.Guy see i would advise u go locate dat old mama for ur village wey dey worry you or you go seek deliverance frm pastor.meanwhile no dey paint d image of warri blck i beg you.
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 14, 2013
ifyalways: Its a shame your local leaders (obi,dien,village chiefs) cannot speak out against this alleged oppression.

Stay safe.
really a shame. Let the dien of agbor,keagborekuzi and the obi of owa, obi Efeizomor do something about it.
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by bayulll01(m): 10:37am On Nov 14, 2013
windows8: Some time ago, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa(Representing Delta North) Father was kidnapped and mayhem was released in the town, Army was all over the place, instead of finding the kidnapped man, the innocents passers by were always harassed, The father has been seen but the army personnel have refused to go, The army in Agbor are destroying lives everyday and have no sympathy for innocent citizens in the town, parents are been made to lie flat on the floor just because he/she is driving to church for night programme, some of the okada riders are in hospital cause the army chase them recklessly, A guy just broke his leg some few hours ago, they forcefully stopped him by flogging him. This army and Police are ripping us in the town, They forcefully take the bikes and send them to the police station and owners will pay (20) twenty thousand for the bike to be released. an estimate of fifteen (15) bikes daily, i will like to know which account that money is going to. There is no curfew in the town and yet movement is restricted, no night life anymore, The Dien, Obi, Elders and chiefs are mute over the whole incidence, they cant even come together to tackle minor issues. This message is not meant to discredit anyone or party, its meant to inform every Ika citizen of the activities of army in the town. Please we want our lives back. Cities where kidnapping is being practice often, you wont find army brutalization. We are loving people and we love each other, The police is capable of handling any issues that may arise.
Mods abeg front page cause my people in and out needs to know whats its happening
mr man i feel ur pain but truth be told those children from that side are.something else i did my nysc there i can bet you find military men at many junctions and toll gate there,those children for that delta na wa for them,but brutalizing the pple that is the military men hubby for there,they beat a guy once in my presence ever since then i understand the difference btw army and police
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Acidosis(m): 10:40am On Nov 14, 2013
Ekob:
With all dese bad experiences u are having dt u ave mentioned nw.i dont think u are spiritually okay.Guy see i would advise u go locate dat old mama for ur village wey dey worry you or you go seek deliverance frm pastor.meanwhile no dey paint d image of warri blck i beg you.

buhahaha..grin

I've lived in another state for over 10 years and I've never seen/witnessed a case of robbery..
Infact, here you can leave your door open and travel and you'll still come back to meet your belongings..

Banks here doesn't parade MOPOLs and soldiers..

Here, the only time I get to see a gun is either in the hands of Police or a movie.

But while in Delta.. na small small pikins dem (cultists) dey hol' gun.

Btw, you need to read the write-up again,
that I 'witnessed' doesn't mean I'm involved personally.

dem beat my friend, no mean say dem beat me..
Dem nor go wan try am afterall.

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Ekob(m): 10:56am On Nov 14, 2013
Acidosis:

buhahaha..grin

I've lived in another state for over 10 years and I've never seen/witnessed a case of robbery..
Infact, here you can leave your door open and travel and you'll still come back to meet your belongings..

Banks here doesn't parade MOPOLs and soldiers..

Here, the only time I get to see a gun is either in the hands of Police or a movie.

But while in Delta.. na small small pikins dem (cultists) dey hol' gun.

Btw, you need to read the write-up again,
that I 'witnessed' doesn't mean I'm involved personally.

dem beat my friend, no mean say dem beat me..
Dem nor go wan try am afterall.
I hear..it is still dsmae tin we r talkin abt..'exeperience,witness'.. Abi as na bad thing we dey talk abt here nai make u wan use gramatical buahaha take confuse me..Tosay na money dem dey share u for disagree?..ok answer dis question.. dose Golden eaglets dt won d world cup y u fil say they still share money gve dose players wey no even play ani single match..is it because they experienced it or they witness it?
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Arysexy(m): 10:58am On Nov 14, 2013
Thats the punishment for kidnapping

click on this link to learn some security tips https://www.nairaland.com/1515687/panic-osun-community-over-discovery
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by nbright: 11:02am On Nov 14, 2013
Most military men are like that... I remember when some military men in my area guarding a chief asked one of my neighbour to sit on the floor.. The guy refused, the military man cocked his rifle and threatened to shoot him if he disobeyed his next command.. The guy catch ground fast.. His girl friend was there o, the military man left her alone.. After sitting on the floor for some minutes, he was allowed to go home... The guy went to Elelenwo Police station to report the case, involved a superior officer from Bori camp... See how military men started looking for the guy to apologise..

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 14, 2013
5columnist: Are you a kidnapper? Why are you complaining? So the leaders should complain so that the army will go and you will start your ungodly business of kidnapping defenceless citizens.

If only i could punch you through the screen you brainless bigot

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Pattey(m): 11:22am On Nov 14, 2013
atlwireles:

I know what I'm talking about. Do you want the alternative. Where Okada riders and silly cult boys make life hell for everybody with their crimes. Thank the army and stop trying to bad mouth them.

In performing these duties, is it a taboo for the military to be professional and free of corruption?

Why must you insist this people choose between the devil and the deep blue sea?

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Jesse4mu(m): 11:29am On Nov 14, 2013
@ op No offence but you should not complain. i live in warri where crime has reduced cos of this army personnel. people here are too stubborn to obey the simplest rules. children are neglected from a tender age and then resort to a life of crime and when the military are brought in, these same parents who refused to train their children properly, begin to cry "OPRESSION"

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Emdee590(m): 11:33am On Nov 14, 2013
Yes na lyk so they dae my state kogi precisely idah dae maltreating us here, God pas them sha
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 14, 2013
chaotic country in srz deterioration,intervane ohh Lord,people are weary....we need a change
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by cachal: 11:36am On Nov 14, 2013
don33310: I don't get it,army doing job of a police officers.Why?

Because the police have failed..
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by obayaya(m): 11:36am On Nov 14, 2013
atlwireles:

I thought you were complaining about the army are you just another political mad man or what. What do want the security forces to do, when some of your young men decide to become criminals just for fun of it. The kind of harassment you get from boys in Ughelli, Patani, Oleh Agbor is simply ridiculous. Blame your bad social values and leave the army alone. Warri is calm today because of the army and police. Look at Kokori, where an entire town allowed a thug like Kelvin to become lordmayor.

that's the problem.. they hail a known criminal and feed fat from his starch encouraging him to do more.

without the army, delta at as a whole will become a nightmare
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Fadelex(m): 11:43am On Nov 14, 2013
Akshow: In a sane nation, army no de town.
but Nigeria is not a sane nation
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by omoredia: 11:53am On Nov 14, 2013

are you people not criminals for not exposing kidnappers? why complain when the army is doing their job? so u want army to dey smile or they greet you before him search your house? fools

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by sogah: 12:13pm On Nov 14, 2013
Agbor and soldiers sha!
Make govt pay my NYSC salary for 12months ooooo(primary schools)
2012 Batch A Corpers.

Excuse me, I need to use d rest room.

Nigeria Is 8th Most Terrorised Country In The World - IEP / Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! / FG Hires 18 Firms For Forensic Audit Of Mdas

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67