Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) (9217 Views)

Aregbesola Vs Omisore: Osun State As Sambisa forest / Opon Imo Wins UN Award Of E-learning, Creativity And Education In Estonia / Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by eggheaders(m): 5:10am On Nov 14, 2013
Garri the 1st: OP there are 2 things involved; its either:

1. You are a PURE cretinous and idiotic illiterate suffering from acute shortage of brain cells needed for incisive and critical reasoning.... OR

2. You are a hateful, lying, evil and retarded reprobate a despicable being lacking in truth, honesty and integrity.

Whatever the case, Nigeria will be better of if imps like you are rounded up and summarily sent to the after-life in style...
cool
Guy you are mean mehn. But seriously I think the ops is suffering from all of the above. Sexkid abi which of the mod is on duty, please dump this rubbish thread in the trash can section.
]

5 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Ufeolorun(m): 5:26am On Nov 14, 2013
Itoroetti :

Don't mind him.even when the truth is staring at his face,he wouldn't want to distinguish them.

I would not defend the cost of the Opon imo because I haven't paid much attention to the project but it's common knowledge that off the shelf products comes far cheaper compared to bespoke/tailored products like the tablet. So comparing ordinary,pre-packaged laptops to device with probably a standalone ecosystem isn't smart

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by dridowu: 7:00am On Nov 14, 2013
Itoroetti :
Gov peter obi of anambra recently donated 22,500 laptops to students of anambra state plus 1400 printer at the rate of #2.65billion.
While his osun state counterpart donated just 3600 "opom imo ipad" at #8.6billion to osun state students.
Compare 22,500 laptops plus 1400 printer
with Osun state 3600 Opom Imo fraud
•22,500 laptops plus 1400 printer =
2.65billion
•3,600 Opom Imo ipad = 8.6billion
Can you spot the disparity?
Now who is decieving?who is truly the progressive?
d last time i check EFCC and ICPC are controlled by FG (PDP GOVT) yet they are yet to find scam in Opon Imo , so where did you know find your own scam in opon imo, my nro u can do better

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by chemashie(m): 7:05am On Nov 14, 2013
I can see why their elder brother (insincere 9geria) is avoiding the thread. He knew the OP is a cretin.

6 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by geeez: 7:34am On Nov 14, 2013
The OP needs to have his head examined

What blatant lies!?

@OP, kindly post a link showing that it will cost Osun State what you claim

You must have hit your head as a kid and your low IQ is splashed all over your post

Your post is enough stupidity for a lifetime but you've chosen to continue blabbing without any substance

You're a disgrace to your family and tribe and you seriously need to be rehabilitated by a shrink

Obi is the fraudulent one here as you may want to look up how much it cost Fayemi to execute this scam Obi is perpetrating

Osun To Save N8.2b Annually Through Opon Imo by koruji(m): 2:49am On Mar 21
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/osun-to-save-n8-2b-annually-through-opon-imo/
Posted by: Adesoji Adeniyi on March 21, 2013
The Osun State Government will be saving N8.2 billion annually through the distribution of the Opon Imo (Tablet of Knowledge) to pupils.
Instead of spending the fund on the purchase of books, the government will spend only about N200 million on Opon Imo.
Governor Rauf Aregbesola made this known yesterday while distributing educational materials worth N30 million to scools at the multi-purpose hall of the Local Government Service Commission.
The materials include 10,000 daily attendance registers, 11,600 school record diaries, 150,000 continuous assessment report cards for Junior Secondary Schools and 145,000 continuous assessment report cards for Senior Secondary Schools.
Others are 7,000 white chalks, 70,000 cumulative record folders, 7,000 chalk board renovators and 30,000 chalk board dusters.
The governor said with the downloading of 56 textbooks on 17 subjects into the Opon Imo, pupils only have to carry a digital device about, adding that this makes learning easier.
Instead of being criticised for spending N200 million on Opon Imo, he said his administration should be praised for the initiative.
He said about 150,000 tablets are to be distributed to pupils across the state.
Aregbesola said his administration is investing huge funds in education to instil a minimum level of value in every public school pupil.
He said: “Were we to buy 56 textbooks for 17 subjects offered in Senior Secondary Schools for 150,000 pupils. Over N8.4 billion would have been spent annually as against the N200 million expended on Opon Imo.
“Instead of being praised for God’s endowed ingenuity and wisdom, which gave birth to the Opon Imo initiative, some people prefer to demonstrate their ignorance. They are grandstanding and claiming what they are not.”
The governor described the score card of the last administration in the education sector in its 90 months in office as a far cry from his administration’s achievements in 27 months.
He warned teachers against sharp practices in the distribution and utilisation of the materials and urged parents to monitor their children.

If you have a link or facts, post it or forever remain silly

7 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 14, 2013
Im so so happy d way dis OP has been disgraced here. I think d mod suld just ban d OP asap! Meanwhile I dnt tnk all ibos ar like dis useless OP, as some of dem, Im sure will b using Opon Imon in Osun state!
Celebrate good ideas and stop condemning and comparing, if u find flaws in a program, lay it open so dat we can know and perhaps make corrections!

3 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Itoroetti(m): 8:04am On Nov 14, 2013
agbameta:

The truth is you and your fellow villagers answering the questions below...

What's inside your bogus and election related rubbish laptop?

Where is the website for the program?.

Where is the infrastructure and tech support to support this so called laptop scam?

Where are the solar panels to supply power needed to power the laptops lik they have in Osun schools?

And u think u've so made a point right?
Go to aliexpress and confirm the prices of those chinese made rubbish and come back to tell us.
Stop filling ur tummy with sh1t
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Itoroetti(m): 8:09am On Nov 14, 2013
Garri the 1st: OP there are 2 things involved; its either:

1. You are a PURE cretinous and idiotic illiterate suffering from acute shortage of brain cells needed for incisive and critical reasoning.... OR

2. You are a hateful, lying, evil and retarded reprobate a despicable being lacking in truth, honesty and integrity.

Whatever the case, Nigeria will be better of if imps like you are rounded up and summarily sent to the after-life in style...

cool

There is no proper word to use and describe ur hatred and foolishne.ss
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Peinstein: 8:10am On Nov 14, 2013
Itoroetti :

And u think u've so made a point right?
Go to aliexpress and confirm the prices of those chinese made rubbish and come back to tell us.
Stop filling ur tummy with sh1t

@OP, there is need for clarity of information in discussions. I was already being sympathetic to your allegations until other posters posted the cost and units of the Opon Imo project with sources for their information. Can you please give us the source of your own information or how you arrived at your figures

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by talktimi(m): 8:12am On Nov 14, 2013
Segeggs: This igbo people sha! Look at the wrong facts dat dummy OP placed as real. 8.6Billion is the amount saved for not buying textbooks while 200million is the total amount spent on 150,000 opon-imo.

MODS, put this thread in the trash can cos it's lies have been debunked.
Is the op an ibo guy and even if he is, does he speak for the generality of ibo people ? Learn to seperate activities of individuals from that of their entire ethnic group. Stereotyping connotes a severe lack of societal exposure.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Itoroetti(m): 8:12am On Nov 14, 2013
eggheaders:
Guy you are mean mehn. But seriously I think the ops is suffering from all of the above. Sexkid abi which of the mod is on duty, please dump this rubbish thread in the trash can section.
]

U need to see a doctor.ur problem is beyond nairaland.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by collynzo2(m): 8:15am On Nov 14, 2013
wazoboy: Im so so happy d way dis OP has been disgraced here. I think d mod suld just ban d OP asap! Meanwhile I dnt tnk all ibos ar like dis useless OP, as some of dem, Im sure will b using Opon Imon in Osun state!
Celebrate good ideas and stop condemning and comparing, if u find flaws in a program, lay it open so dat we can know and perhaps make corrections!
Where did the OP say he is Igbo? His name is an Akwa Ibom name and he profile says he lives there. What is wrong with you?

3 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Itoroetti(m): 8:16am On Nov 14, 2013
wazoboy: Im so so happy d way dis OP has been disgraced here. I think d mod suld just ban d OP asap! Meanwhile I dnt tnk all ibos ar like dis useless OP, as some of dem, Im sure will b using Opon Imon in Osun state!

Oh!u feel who ever criticises bad leadership apart from the fed govt must come frm the east?
U and ur cohorts need more examination to ascertain the extent the level of ur brain dam.age.
Mind u,I'm not an igbo man.
So never u feel any1 that criticises ur "godfather" must hail from the east.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by collynzo2(m): 8:19am On Nov 14, 2013
Is is funny how one of the APC dogs jumped into the thread and started defending the governor without even realising the figure was wrong. That tells you how much these dogs are ready to defend the indefensible as long as it is APC related. I remeber how another dog was defending the cost per MW of Fashola's power project only to realise that the figure was wrong.

4 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 14, 2013
collynzo2: Where did the OP say he is Igbo? His name is an Akwa Ibom name and he profile says he lives there. What is wrong with you?
but you igbos were busy endorsing his post by liking it. You people are known for making up figures just like the population census and 75% ownership claim of lagos.

The OP's handle and location is quite false and should believed by fools.

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by geeez: 8:20am On Nov 14, 2013
Itoroetti :

Oh!u feel who ever criticises bad leadership apart from the fed govt must come frm the east?
U and ur cohorts need more examination to ascertain the extent the level of ur brain dam.age.

You're not Igbo, only Stupid

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by webpower84: 8:20am On Nov 14, 2013
Itoroetti :

What do u now mean?are they not e-books u can pick at will?how does those e-books inflate the prices of the ipad?
Why must u always support evils?
Same ebooks i used to give free of charge

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by collynzo2(m): 8:21am On Nov 14, 2013
Segeggs: but you igbos were busy endorsing his post by liking it.
How do you know who liked what on nairaland? Is nairaland now facebook?

3 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:23am On Nov 14, 2013
collynzo2: Is is funny how one of the APC dogs jumped into the thread and started defending the governor without even realising the figure was wrong. That tells you how much these dogs are ready to defend the indefensible as long as it is APC related. I remeber how another dog was defending the cost per MW of Fashola's power project only to realise that the figure was wrong.
lemme help u pretend as a wise man:

1. When next u see a lost battle, avoid it

2. When u av nothing reasonable to say, keep mute

3. Wen u knw ur kinsmen have blown open their foolishness, and the world has been seeing how foolish they are, yet again, u knw wot to do?

Wear a ladies cloth and fly to ivory coast!

8 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 14, 2013
collynzo2: How do you know who liked what on nairaland? Is nairaland now facebook?
i'm making up figures just like you people do concerning population census and 75% ownership of lagos claim grin
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by chemashie(m): 8:29am On Nov 14, 2013
webpower84: Same ebooks i used to give free of charge
Broke azz nigga making virtual money through useless ebooks. Do you think they are talking about your yeye ebooks where all your hopes depend on meager 2000 naira? Park well asshole!!
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 14, 2013
Itoroetti :

can u pls tell us how u criticise bad leadership here? A leader dd sometng and even an international organization aplaud it, yet u come here talking trash about it!
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 14, 2013
nonsense, do u tnk d books on Opon Imon are what u can go to bookboon and download? and even if u can, do kno how many hours it will take u to do so? so waec and jamb past questions ar now free ebooks, textbooks tailord towards nigerian student needs, specialized books on culture are now free ebooks?
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by dee1wolex(m): 8:54am On Nov 14, 2013
Did the op write 3600 opon imos?
Must u write? Kai...some pple ar jst dull naturally.
For the sake of the reseanable one, im in osogbo and the number of opon imo in the state captal alone goin by the numbr of students and schools is well over 5,000 nt to talk of ilesha, ife, ede etc..
Infact, u ar a dummu @op

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Sagytarius(m): 8:57am On Nov 14, 2013
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Itoroetti(m): 9:15am On Nov 14, 2013
collynzo2: Where did the OP say he is Igbo? His name is an Akwa Ibom name and he profile says he lives there. What is wrong with you?

God bless u.they feel everybody that criticises bad governance in the west must be an igbo man

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Itoroetti(m): 9:26am On Nov 14, 2013

Don't mind this gullible rats that are busy defending their pay masters.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 14, 2013
Itoroetti :

God bless u.they feel everybody that criticises bad governance in the west must be an igbo man
you are expected to bow in shame for spewing rubbish.

viewing this topic:
Afam4eva if u dont ban this OP ehn!
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Itoroetti(m): 9:28am On Nov 14, 2013
wazoboy: can u pls tell us how u criticise bad leadership here? A leader dd sometng and even an international organization aplaud it, yet u come here talking trash about it!

Which international organisation?
Is it the mushroom and fake organisations?
Keep decieving urself.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by eggheaders(m): 9:37am On Nov 14, 2013
Itoroetti :

U need to see a doctor.ur problem is beyond nairaland.

I can see how hard you trying to save face after your foolishness has been exposed in a public forum. I know how it feels when you wanna attend a job interview and you got beaten by rain in your starched white shirt. If I am in your shoe I will deactivate my existence from cyberspace for public exhibition of gross stupidity syndrome my two kobo thou.

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by eggheaders(m): 9:38am On Nov 14, 2013
Itoroetti :

Which international organisation?
Is it the mushroom and fake organisations?
Keep decieving urself.

No project in your part of the world has been acknowledged by ECOWAS talkless of UNICEF get over it son.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Dollarjunkie: 10:06am On Nov 14, 2013
agbameta:

1. Opon is preloaded with 17 subjects offered by students in the West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination, WASSCE. The subjects have been designed in forms of lesson notes, textbooks, mostly provided by Publishers and Master Teachers Inputs. A content verifier has also verified lesson notes on each subject (Masters Teachers Works).

2. Seven extra-curricular subjects such as Sexuality Education, Civic Education, Yoruba History, Ifa Traditional Religion, Computer Education and Entrepreneurship Education, and Twelve Thousand Yoruba Proverbs are also preloaded.

3. Ten years’ past questions and answers provided by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, and the West African Examinations Council, WAEC. Consequently, questions and answers in 17 Ordinary Level subjects have been provided. They are English Language, Mathematics, Agricultural Science, Economics, Principles of Accounts, Literature in English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Yoruba, Commerce, Further Mathematics, History, Geography, Government, IRK and CRK.

It's not about quantity, it's about what's inside both products and also what they can do?

What's inside your bogus and election related rubbish laptop?

Where is the website for the program?.

Where is the infrastructure and tech support to support this so called laptop scam?

Where are the solar panels to supply power needed to power the laptops lik they have in Osun schools?

I don't know why we always have to explain to you illiterate villagers that quality is always better than quantity.

Oga seize this your bruhaha for people you can deceive. With all the above you listed, can they be compared to Encarta software?? With how much can that software be developed with? Are you telling me they buy separate software for the 3600 opon imos? I personally can handle the contract of developing the opon imo software with less than half a ten million naira and have it installed in all the opon imo. Aregbe is smart only to some set of people. I don't blame you shaaa cuz you are really getting a good pay to cover these guys online.
Just look at the comparison again and knock yourself on the head for trying to comment on this thread instead of ignoring like you didn't know it existed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See The Girl That Told Them The Address Of Tinubu In France / Nigerian Police: A Brutal Reality - Oke Umurhohwo / Ohanaeze Faction Asks Court To Stop Obiozor From Parading Himself As President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.