Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,062 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) (9238 Views)

Aregbesola Vs Omisore: Osun State As Sambisa forest / Opon Imo Wins UN Award Of E-learning, Creativity And Education In Estonia / Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Nnewi1stSon: 9:19pm On Nov 14, 2013
django1:

What do you mean there is "nothing to it?"

A laptop that can play 90hrs non-stop Indecency isn't good enough for anambra students? Don't be an hater bro.
Is that what students watch in your region? Little wonder the rate of molestation is sky high over there!
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by yetunsbay(m): 9:35pm On Nov 14, 2013
Polio: BOTH ARE FUC.KING THIEVES

No progression here, it is all a grand sham!
all politicians are same BUT one good more dan d other...
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by agbameta: 10:14pm On Nov 14, 2013
eggheaders:

Why are you trying so hard to pretend you are intelligent??

Villagers and intelligence? Mba Mba. Impossibility.

The clowns can't even answer basic questions or tell us anything about their worthless laptops for crying out loud.

Talk about lazy and incompetent losers...

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by yetunsbay(m): 10:23pm On Nov 14, 2013
agbameta:

Villagers and intelligence? Mba Mba. Impossibility.

The clowns can't even answer basic questions or tell us anything about their worthless laptops for crying out loud.

Talk about lazy and incompetent losers...
oro nbe lenu awon omo ogbeni(gov) yii o...mo gbe di
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by MCMLXXVI(m): 12:32pm On Jun 05, 2015
agbameta:

1. Opon is preloaded with 17 subjects offered by students in the West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination, WASSCE. The subjects have been designed in forms of lesson notes, textbooks, mostly provided by Publishers and Master Teachers Inputs. A content verifier has also verified lesson notes on each subject (Masters Teachers Works).

2. Seven extra-curricular subjects such as Sexuality Education, Civic Education, Yoruba History, Ifa Traditional Religion, Computer Education and Entrepreneurship Education, and Twelve Thousand Yoruba Proverbs are also preloaded.

3. Ten years’ past questions and answers provided by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, and the West African Examinations Council, WAEC. Consequently, questions and answers in 17 Ordinary Level subjects have been provided. They are English Language, Mathematics, Agricultural Science, Economics, Principles of Accounts, Literature in English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Yoruba, Commerce, Further Mathematics, History, Geography, Government, IRK and CRK.

It's not about quantity, it's about what's inside both products and also what they can do?

What's inside your bogus and election related rubbish laptop?

Where is the website for the program?.

Where is the infrastructure and tech support to support this so called laptop scam?

Where are the solar panels to supply power needed to power the laptops lik they have in Osun schools?

I don't know why we always have to explain to you illiterate villagers that quality is always better than quantity.

Today, who be the mumu?

Today, one state tops the WAEC and NECO performance table with a decent economy to boot, while the other scrapes the bottom of the barrel in WAEC with a fast-dying middle class.
Nairaland pseudointellectuals have been shamed today.

3 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by MCMLXXVI(m): 3:04pm On Dec 01, 2015
grin grin
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by MCMLXXVI(m): 5:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
I'm gonna keep bumping this thread again, and again, and again grin

3 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by EasternPride: 9:09pm On Jan 07, 2016
MCMLXXVI:
I'm gonna keep bumping this thread again, and again, and again grin

Lol
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Rad1cal: 9:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
MCMLXXVI:

Today, who be the mumu?

Today, one state tops the WAEC and NECO performance table with a decent economy to boot, while the other scrapes the bottom of the barrel in WAEC with a fast-dying middle class.
Nairaland pseudointellectuals have been shamed today.

That dolt you quoted is Aresa/Aressa the sacked ALAUSA zombie.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Pebcak: 9:42pm On Jan 07, 2016
Just seeing this and this is really an eyesore its a big shame
both are bloody thieves

OPON IMO @ #8.6 billion for 3600
lets break the price down that brings the unit cost to #2.4million naira each for the tab

went online to check the features of this OPN IMO @ http://osun.gov.ng/education/opon-imo/device/
and its pretty much an android 4.0 tab with 512GB of RAM and some other apps loaded on it

the latest ipad pro http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-ipad/ipad-pro/32gb-silver-wifi is $700 lets convert @ $1 = #260 the tab ends up @ #208,000 most apps on it are free dictonary, bible.... lets say they paid for 5 apps and lets include logistics (shipping and handling) that will not amount to over two million mind you the shitty tab they are using runs at about $50 (#13,000)

same goes for the laptop and printers

this is just ridiculous and insane

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by luvinhubby(m): 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2016
agbameta:

1. Opon is preloaded with 17 subjects offered by students in the West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination, WASSCE. The subjects have been designed in forms of lesson notes, textbooks, mostly provided by Publishers and Master Teachers Inputs. A content verifier has also verified lesson notes on each subject (Masters Teachers Works).

2. Seven extra-curricular subjects such as Sexuality Education, Civic Education, Yoruba History, Ifa Traditional Religion, Computer Education and Entrepreneurship Education, and Twelve Thousand Yoruba Proverbs are also preloaded.

3. Ten years’ past questions and answers provided by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, and the West African Examinations Council, WAEC. Consequently, questions and answers in 17 Ordinary Level subjects have been provided. They are English Language, Mathematics, Agricultural Science, Economics, Principles of Accounts, Literature in English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Yoruba, Commerce, Further Mathematics, History, Geography, Government, IRK and CRK.

It's not about quantity, it's about what's inside both products and also what they can do?

Where is the infrastructure and tech support to support this so called laptop scam?

Where are the solar panels to supply power needed to power the laptops lik they have in Osun schools?

I don't know why we always have to explain to you illiterate villagers that quality is always better than quantity.
grin grin grin
Breeze don blow & fowl yansh don open. grin

5 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by MCMLXXVI(m): 10:04pm On Jan 07, 2016
Rad1cal:

That dolt you quoted is Aresa/Aressa the sacked ALAUSA zombie.

I know.
That schmuck is a worthless bottom-feeding houseboy.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by StOla: 10:07pm On Jan 07, 2016
Pebcak:
Just seeing this and this is really an eyesore its a big shame
both are bloody thieves

OPON IMO @ #8.6 billion for 3600
lets break the price down that brings the unit cost to #2.4million naira each for the tab

went online to check the features of this OPN IMO @ http://osun.gov.ng/education/opon-imo/device/
and its pretty much an android 4.0 tab with 512GB of RAM and some other apps loaded on it

the latest ipad pro http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-ipad/ipad-pro/32gb-silver-wifi is $700 lets convert @ $1 = #260 the tab ends up @ #208,000 most apps on it are free dictonary, bible.... lets say they paid for 5 apps and lets include logistics (shipping and handling) that will not amount to over two million mind you the shitty tab they are using runs at about $50 (#13,000)

same goes for the laptop and printers

this is just ridiculous and insane

Read the whole of the 1st page, when you realise your hasty assumptions due to the fact that you believe every rubbish typed on the Internet, come back here and type your apology.

2years past, yet hasty conclusions still prevalent.

Some things never change.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by FirstCounsel(m): 10:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
Polio:
BOTH ARE FUC.KING THIEVES

No progression here, it is all a grand sham!
grin you are ruthlessly blunt
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Pebcak: 10:47pm On Jan 07, 2016
StOla:

Read the whole of the 1st page, when you realise your hasty assumptions due to the fact that you believe every rubbish typed on the Internet, come back here and type your apology.

2years past, yet hasty conclusions still prevalent.

Some things never change.

thats what i did before posting my comment and if i am missing anything I will be glad if you can point it out, inflating that shitty tab that costs #13,000 to #2.4 million can never be justifiable and to let you know no hasty assumption here i checked online to see whats all loaded in the tab and that still wont make up for the over #2.3million per tab

cost of building apps on android platform is about $500 - $5000 convert that @ #260 or lets go to high end apps like twitter with landing cost of about $15000 thats still about #3.9 million for the whole project not per tab so "EGBON StOla" how will you justify the excess spent on this project

the only point you can make is the project is not worth that much and thats not in this thread.

so STFU and reason before you type your hasty post.

FYI my very first statement is I am just seeing this fine its been two years that does not justify the fact that it was a big sham

I PRAY ONE DAY NIGERIA WILL PROSECUTE OFFENCE COMMITTED REGARDLESS OF HOW FAR IT GOES BACK IN TIME, AMEN

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by StOla: 11:00pm On Jan 07, 2016
Pebcak:

thats what i did before posting my comment and if i am missing anything I will be glad if you can point it out, inflating that shitty tab that costs #13,000 to #2.4 million can never be justifiable and to let you know no hasty assumption here i checked online to see whats all loaded in the tab and that still wont make up for the over #2.3million per tab

cost of building apps on android platform is about $500 - $5000 convert that @ #260 or lets go to high end apps like twitter with landing cost of about $15000 thats still about #3.9 million for the whole project not per tab so "EGBON StOla" how will you justify the excess spent on this project

the only point you can make is the project is not worth that much and thats not in this thread.

so STFU and reason before you type your hasty post.

Many posters then in 2013 on this thread proved themselves to be fools, now years later, you just proved that the world will never lack fools.

It is good you find the cost ridiculous and you even made the effort to look up some features of the tablet, but did you also look up the cost of the project from any reliable source?
Do you see any source referenced by the OP? Do you believe every assertion made by any random anonymous Internet ID?

The Opon Imo project saved the Osun State government N8.6B, not cost.

Apparently, someone suffering from conjunctivitis saw the report and thought that he saw cost instead of saved. He decided to raise some unnecessary dust, by comparing it to another state's project, only to end up disgracing himself and quietly disappeared from the discussion.

Mind you, the Opon Imo was a UNICEF supported project, which was commissioned with much fanfare and participation by same UNICEF.

Do you think they do not know what N8.6B is, to have identified with such waste if it was so?

I repeat, take your time and read till the end of the 1st page. I will be waiting for your response.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Pebcak: 7:45am On Jan 08, 2016
StOla:

Many posters then in 2013 on this thread proved themselves to be fools, now years later, you just proved that the world will never lack fools.

It is good you find the cost ridiculous and you even made the effort to look up some features of the tablet, but did you also look up the cost of the project from any reliable source?
Do you see any source referenced by the OP? Do you believe every assertion made by any random anonymous Internet ID?

The Opon Imo project saved the Osun State government N8.6B, not cost.

Apparently, someone suffering from conjunctivitis saw the report and thought that he saw cost instead of saved. He decided to raise some unnecessary dust, by comparing it to another state's project, only to end up disgracing himself and quietly disappeared from the discussion.

Mind you, the Opon Imo was a UNICEF supported project, which was commissioned with much fanfare and participation by same UNICEF.

Do you think they do not know what N8.6B is, to have identified with such waste if it was so?

I repeat, take your time and read till the end of the 1st page. I will be waiting for your response.

May be you are the bigger the fool here going by what the op posted and if you have a link of how much was spent show me and the fact that you are a bigger fool saying you can't believe whats online shows the extent of your stupidity first the fact that UNICEF participated in the project doesnt mean the project was not inflated how much is the budget allocated to education for them to claim they are saving N8.6B show me history of them spending that and show me a proof the project is at no cost to the government.

its ironical you claim and i quote "Do you believe every assertion made by any random anonymous Internet ID?" and you foolish self will tell me read the first page to the end because a different random person said otherwise you need to get yourself checked bro
[img]http://i./rgb9xzQ5NDL6o.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by haftob(m): 8:12am On Jan 08, 2016
agbameta:

And I want to tell u today that there is no opon imo with any student in osun state as at today

5 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by StOla: 8:47am On Jan 08, 2016
Pebcak:

May be you are the bigger the fool here going by what the op posted and if you have a link of how much was spent show me and the fact that you are a bigger fool saying you can't believe whats online shows the extent of your stupidity first the fact that UNICEF participated in the project doesnt mean the project was not inflated how much is the budget allocated to education for them to claim they are saving N8.6B show me history of them spending that and show me a proof the project is at no cost to the government.

its ironical you claim and i quote "Do you believe every assertion made by any random anonymous Internet ID?" and you foolish self will tell me read the first page to the end because a different random person said otherwise you need to get yourself checked bro

Dude, why do you insist on making a fool of yourself this early in the year?

You lied that you read the whole of the 1st page before making your comment, I urged you to re-read it, yet you are still wallowing in idiocy.
You so much remind me of the NSCDC guy who embarrassed himself on Channels TV, instead of just admitting that he did not know his agency's website.

I raised the issue of credible news source. With all the sources provided to shame the OP in the series of posts that ended the 1st page, you still ask me for a credible source? Are you mentally handicapped or what?

You asked for the cost?

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/06/19/opon-imo-inspirational-message-from-state-of-osun/

You need proof that it saved N8.6B by eliminating the alternative?

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/06/03/opon-imo-will-save-osun-n8-4-billion-of-textbook-procurement-costs/

That you do not know the economic concept of opportunity cost, easily explains why you need to go back to secondary school, so you can be gifted with the Opon Imo to read it up cheaper than a teacher and text book would have afforded.
This singular action of yours would have saved you some funds, but I ask, where is your budget for the alternative forgone? cool

Both links have been provided to you by a 1minute view of just the 1st page of this thread. Even the first link has an excerpt on the same 1st page.
https://www.nairaland.com/1516418/opon-imo-aregbesola-vs-laptop#19521074

It is either you go see an eye doctor, or you need special education for the mentally handicapped.

Some mothers do have 'em.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 08, 2016
agbameta:

You are dumb. Where are the tablets today? Did 3600 tablets even find their way into the hands of public school students? I make bold to inform you that only a maximum of two schools per LG got the tablets and they have since been withdrawn since last year. I challenge you to visit any LG in Osun if you have ever been there.

Stop misleading people on social media with dumb news that you read on The Nation newspaper. Even Osun parents already know Opon Imo was a scam.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by yellowsun: 10:02am On Jan 08, 2016
StOla:

You lied that you read the whole of the 1st page before making your comment, I urged you to re-read it, yet you are still wallowing in idiocy.
You so much remind me of the NSCDC guy who embarrassed himself on Channels TV, instead of just admitting that he did not know his agency's website.

I raised the issue of credible news source. With all the sources provided to shame the OP in the series of posts that ended the 1st page, you still ask me for a credible source? Are you mentally handicapped or what?

You asked for the cost?

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/06/19/opon-imo-inspirational-message-from-state-of-osun/

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/06/03/opon-imo-will-save-osun-n8-4-billion-of-textbook-procurement-costs/

That you do not know the economic concept of opportunity cost, easily explains why you need to go back to secondary school, so you can be gifted with the Opon Imo to read it up cheaper than a teacher and text book would have afforded.
This singular action of yours would have saved you some funds, but I ask, where is your budget for the alternative forgone? cool

Both links have been provided to you by a 1minute view of just the 1st page of this thread. Even the first link has an excerpt on the same 1st page.

It is either you go see an eye doctor, or you need special education for the mentally handicapped.

Oga can you post the positive effect this Opon Imo has bestowed on the students 3years after its implementation!

As for Peter Obi's you know the position of Anambra state schools compared to Osun today.
Checkout this thread for confirmation
Also take note of the solar panels and internet facility you will find in the 3rd pics

https://www.nairaland.com/2850461/trip-lorreto-special-secondary-school

4 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by StOla: 10:19am On Jan 08, 2016
yellowsun:

Oga can you post the positive effect this Opon Imo has bestowed on the students 3years after its implementation!

As for Peter Obi's you know the position of Anambra state schools compared to Osun today.
Checkout this thread for confirmation
Also take note of the solar panels and internet facility you will find in the 3rd pics

https://www.nairaland.com/2850461/trip-lorreto-special-secondary-school

I am not a media representative for either state's government.

I believe useful information should be found on the state's website and from people who are resident in either state.

I have not heard that Osun state schools are suffering unchecked dilapidation. Instead, the news coming from Osun has been about the government commissioning great structures and promising to do more. I believe the bulk of the positive news that has emanated from Osun state since Aregbesola's tenure has been about the investments made in education. For this singular reason, I expect Osun to compete favourably with any other state in Nigeria.

While the pictures in the link you have posted look good, you sure haven't seen the pictures of the schools Aregbesola commissioned.

The bone of contention here is about the OP falsely propagating information about the cost of the Opon Imo project and comparing this false cost to the cost of laptops bought by Anambra state.

A storm in a tea cup.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by yellowsun: 10:40am On Jan 08, 2016
StOla:

I believe useful information should be found on the state's website and from people who are resident in either state.

I have not heard that Osun state schools are suffering unchecked dilapidation. Instead, the news coming from Osun has been about the government commissioning great structures and promising to do more. I believe the bulk of the positive news that has emanated from Osun state since Aregbesola's tenure has been about the investments made in education. For this singular reason, I expect Osun to compete favourably with any other state in Nigeria.

While the pictures in the link you have posted look good, you sure haven't seen the pictures of the schools Aregbesola commissioned.

The bone of contention here is about the OP falsely propagating information about the cost of the Opon Imo project and comparing this false cost to the cost of laptops bought by Anambra state.

A storm in a tea cup.

My simple question is how far has the Opon imo fared 3years after implementation? from my picture you can see the internet facility that accompanied Peter obi's computer still in active service. I am more interested in sustainable policies!

Is Opon Imo still sustainable in osun today or not?
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 08, 2016
StOla:

A storm in a tea cup.

You really should stop reading news online and get down to physical verification of these facts. Yes, Aregbesola commissioned school buildings and I will take the last one as an example, the Wole Soyinka High School which is located in the town where I grew up.

1. The school was built in the very outskirts of Ejigbo and it is not standing on the premises of any of the present High Schools in Ejigbo.

2. Till date, the state government is still confused as to what modalities to be used in moving students into that school. Do they move a particular school completely or pick students randomly from all the schools?

3. That building is the ONLY High School Building that the government of Aregbesola built in the whole of Ejigbo Local Government. Every other High School in the LG are in the most worrisome States possible.

4. The education sector in Osun State presently is very understaffed while the few staff available are so demotivated that they hardly want to teach. Schools are not getting subventions, exams are being handwritten on chalk boards, students are being made to buy uniforms for 1950 per pair and all manner of silly trends.

Please stop believing the silly window-dressing, Aregbesola is just a master of propaganda. A lot of things are in a standstill in Osun at the moment and you never will find the truth on The Nation!

Thank you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by StOla: 11:50am On Jan 08, 2016
yellowsun:

My simple question is how far has the Opon imo fared 3years after implementation? from my picture you can see the internet facility that accompanied Peter obi's computer still in active service. I am more interested in sustainable policies!

Is Opon Imo still sustainable in osun today or not?

You asked much more. You also made allusions to the position of Osun schools as opposed to Anambra schools.You went ahead to provide a link to buttress what you believe was a superior academic facility by the Anambra state government.

Now see link below and feed your eyes to what Aregbesola is also doing in Osun state

www.nairaland.com/2749096/aregbesola-set-commission-ejigbo-high

It is easy for anyone to think his own farm is the biggest, when you haven't any idea what else exist in the wild.

As for Opon Imo, I don't get your argument. Are you saying that an initiative that saved N8.6B relative to the alternative, is not sustainable?
Are you implying that the project was a waste while adjudged to have saved N8.6B?

Why should a cheaper initiative not be sustainable? That question should not even come up at all.

As long as Osun state wants to continue saving money, that cheaper alternative will forever be sustainable.

Except of course, the contractor lobby to supply books and other analogue teaching paraphernalia is greater than the common sense to provide a cheaper and advanced alternative.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:06pm On Jan 08, 2016
Opon imo is no longer there again, UNESCO labelled it substandard. Such a waste of public funds.
And whoever said UNICEF sponsored it is lying.

Peter obi has it .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by yellowsun: 2:49pm On Jan 08, 2016
StOla:

You asked much more. You also made allusions to the position of Osun schools as opposed to Anambra schools.You went ahead to provide a link to buttress what you believe was a superior academic facility by the Anambra state government.

Now see link below and feed your eyes to what Aregbesola is also doing in Osun state

www.nairaland.com/2749096/aregbesola-set-commission-ejigbo-high

It is easy for anyone to think his own farm is the biggest, when you haven't any idea what else exist in the wild.

As for Opon Imo, I don't get your argument. Are you saying that an initiative that saved N8.6B relative to the alternative, is not sustainable?
Are you implying that the project was a waste while adjudged to have saved N8.6B?

Why should a cheaper initiative not be sustainable? That question should not even come up at all.

As long as Osun state wants to continue saving money, that cheaper alternative will forever be sustainable.

Except of course, the contractor lobby to supply books and other analogue teaching paraphernalia is greater than the common sense to provide a cheaper and advanced alternative.

The link I showed you was not facility comparison but to butress the fact that 3years later Peter Obi's policy is yielding fruits 'cos schools from the state are winning awards in ICT related competitions.

While I continue to ask you how has Opon Imo improved the academic chances of the Osun students 3years later! Are they still making use of the Opon Imo today? If yes I need a link to that effect and not a newly constructed educational edifice!

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by obakore20(m): 3:25pm On Jan 08, 2016
agbameta:

i wonder who is the illiterate villager here, are you saying 1 laptop was purchased at over N2.3 million haba. Let us learn to say the truth and defend what is right rather than support evil out of personal or sentimental interest.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Pebcak: 4:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
StOla:

You asked for the cost?

this will be my last interaction with you because in your foolishness you keep contradicting yourself
I will start by letting you know I went to a public high school and its a big false claim that Osun state is spending billiions of naira on books if they are not spending that much how will they save it
I graduated from OAU so I am familiar with whats on ground I can talk of high school in ife and modakeke because we organised few outreach in ife and modakeke, i had my NYSC orientation camp in Ede and I know what I saw in public schools, i have friends that served in Osun and I know what their experience is so its a big scam for someone to tell be they spend N8B on books.

thanks for providing the links, and from your link @ http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/06/19/opon-imo-inspirational-message-from-state-of-osun/ your initial claim was oh opon imo is free UNICEF supported it the govt i saving N8b, lies lies lies ..... "Aregbesola, the Governor of the state, who conceived the whole idea while window shopping in an electronic store, announced during the launching that the total cost of the project is slightly above N200 million" thats for 150,000 tabs and N2.55 B for JAMB and WAEC past question, N38.25 billion for virtual classroom, 63 e-textbooks preloaded at cost of N9.45 billion

total cost of the project is even more than N8B from your post
cost of tab N200M
past questions jamb and waec N2.55B
virtual classroom N38.25B
63 preloaded books N9.45B
Total N50.45B

so thanks for your link the actual cost of this project is N50.45 billiion for 150,000 students. who is the big fool now you of course
i will just address the cost of loading the virtual classroom that cost a whooping sum of N38.25B

All they did was develop android app and load it on the tabs so the only cost should be that of developing the app which should not be more than $15,000(convert @ $1=N260) will give N3.9M

I know your ignorance and foolishness still wont make you understand thank good we all have smartphones, if you need an app you either go to the app store to download it or you can actually sideload it from the APK.
the only cost involved is building the app but instead they multiplied that by 150,000
SCAM,SCAM SCAM

I guess you were part of the scam and thats why you blood is hot. [size=48pt]AWON OLE JATI JATI
[/size]
1. JAMB & WASC past questions for all subjects for a period of ten years on 17 subjects at a conservative estimate of N1000 per subject will give a conservative figure of N2,550,000,000 (N2.55 billion).
2. Virtual Classroom zone containing 51 audio tutorials estimated at about N5000 per session gives N38,250,000,000 (N38.25 billion) for 150,000 students.
3. 63 e-textbooks preloaded at a conservative estimate of N1000 each comes to N63,000 x 150,000 = N9,450,000,000 (N9.45 billion)
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Pebcak: 4:56pm On Jan 08, 2016
tolulakin:

You really should stop reading news online and get down to physical verification of these facts. Yes, Aregbesola commissioned school buildings and I will take the last one as an example, the Wole Soyinka High School which is located in the town where I grew up.

1. The school was built in the very outskirts of Ejigbo and it is not standing on the premises of any of the present High Schools in Ejigbo.

2. Till date, the state government is still confused as to what modalities to be used in moving students into that school. Do they move a particular school completely or pick students randomly from all the schools?

3. That building is the ONLY High School Building that the government of Aregbesola built in the whole of Ejigbo Local Government. Every other High School in the LG are in the most worrisome States possible.

4. The education sector in Osun State presently is very understaffed while the few staff available are so demotivated that they hardly want to teach. Schools are not getting subventions, exams are being handwritten on chalk boards, students are being made to buy uniforms for 1950 per pair and all manner of silly trends.

Please stop believing the silly window-dressing, Aregbesola is just a master of propaganda. A lot of things are in a standstill in Osun at the moment and you never will find the truth on The Nation!

Thank you

Don't mind the idiot called StOla, he's delusional for the past few years Osun state has the worst waec results in the whole of Nigeria so why waste N50billiion on opon imo and claim you are saving N8billion they are not even spending

i have been to schools in ife and modakeke while in OAU, same goes for schools in Ede and Oshogbo and StOla is an big scumbag

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:28pm On Jan 08, 2016
grin
Kindly Open this thread to view pictures of Anambra public schools

https://www.nairaland.com/2771317/anambra-state-public-schools-best

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by sweetgala(m): 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2016
Rad1cal:

In your neck of the woods, the downloaded text materials is worth billions of naira

your idiocy will make even the devil to be ashamed of you cheesy.

Did you use your pubic hair as snuff ? undecided

When you are so used to pirated materials and freebies why wouldn't you alude that west african exam board certified content is not subject to intellectual property guarantees.

We are speaking of multiple licenses, we are speaking of programs such as Microsoft suite etc preloaded, certified text books from publishers.
Multiply that many times over

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Declares Friday Public Holiday / Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly / Olamilekan Adegbite: FG Unlikely To Fix Ajaokuta Steel As Planned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.