Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? (1825 Views)

Why Have Nigerian Girls Now Become Polygamous In Nature. / The 6 Types Of Women Who Always Cheat On Men / Are Men Polygamous In Nature? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:27am On Nov 15, 2013
Human females are VERY VERY far from being biologically monogamous.

You might want to Google 'Sperm Competition' in humans.

In fact monogamy is an aberration in nature.

Both male and female humans are massively promiscuous by nature. Na society dey try keep things in check - with hardly any success. Instead it turned us all to hypocrites grin.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 15, 2013
You keep spelling my name wrong smiley

Anyway I don't buy your idea. Your observation about marrying down and getting preggy and others might be right, but is that a proof of nature's doing or rather long standing societal rules? And who makes the rules?
Simple, the sex with power of intimidation and dominance(all based on brute strength)
The earliest stages of life functioned solely on survial of the fittest rules( fittness then being measured by brute strength)
So why won't the stronger sex make the rules in their favor? Ask yourself.
Somehow the world is still being run by those rules (so I don't necessarily wanna argue about the 'it's a man's world thing' because somehow it still is)

A lion can't eat grass (no matter how well spiced it is) because it's not in it's nature. Never!

So if it's not in a woman's nature to cheat,no matter the civilization and empowerment she obtains,she will never cheat.
What does that tell you? smiley
Monogamy isn't innate, it is acquired.

Emm correction, I don't believe man and woman are or should be the same.
If we were the same, it would be no fun wink wink
I love the differences between the sexes. I think it's part of the beauty of life.

I rest my case.
DailyNews: @Lorreta, I am sure u and many other women intentionally don't want to take this long-proven fact, not that it isn't the truth, but becos u ladies feel a man and a woman is the same, lies.

I don't like saying this to avoid offending any with contrary opinion, but the world is a man, it belongs to men, even in the animal kingdom, male animals are polygamists whereas the females aren't. For instance, Lion...and if u doubt it, study it from today, no need to argue.

Nature didn't wire women to cheat (take it or leave it), it is media/modern exposure that's pushing nowadays women to cheat and to be like men and do whatever men do, but don't ever believe that women by nature have same propensity to cheat as men becos its a self deceit to think that.

A man doesn't get pregnant, a woman does. That alone is a proof to back it up.

Women are selective with their sex mates, but an average man isn't always selective, another prove.

A woman can hardly date or marry down, for instance, Queen Elizabeth can hardly climb down to have sex with a black guy she comes across during an international tour, but her husband, Prince Charles will sleep with an African maid once he has the opportunity to.

These are few proves...there are many that I can cite for u...

Christianity and word of God aside, an average guy desires to mate with as many beautiful women he can get as possible, but an average girl sees it as abnormal, and only wants to mate with the most powerful man. A man wants to mate with anything that attracts him at the moment.

This is not a justification for men to cheat, but it will help women.

Now this is where Christianity, other good religion and moral discipline comes into play.

If not for the 3 aforementioned things: Christianity, other good religion and strong moral discipline, the world would have been very unfair and dangerous for all.

Promiscuity, infidelity, robbery, murder, kidnapping, etc would have been so rampant, but Christianity helped to discipline men if u don't know.

But then, it doesn't mean that women don't cheat, but its not really in their nature, reason as soon as a woman finds her prince charming, she will never cheat, but for a man, no matter who he is dating or married to, it doesn't stop him from cheating, only fear of God or some other personal fears can.
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 15, 2013
Is what I say too smiley
Buddha Palm: Human females are VERY VERY far from being biologically monogamous.

You might want to Google 'Sperm Competition' in humans.

In fact monogamy is an aberration in nature.

Both male and female humans are massively promiscuous by nature. Na society dey try keep things in check - with hardly any success. Instead it turned us all to hypocrites grin.
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 15, 2013
Yes most times
He's right about that.
abdulkayus:

hahahahaha, 50, u go kill me ooo. U mean d male animal chop d kpekus and leave d female animal to nurture d kids while he go on to chop another kpekus again.
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 15, 2013
lorretta u: You keep spelling my name wrong smiley

Anyway I don't buy your idea. Your observation about marrying down and getting preggy and others might be right, but is that a proof of nature's doing or rather long standing societal rules? And who makes the rules?
Simple, the sex with power of intimidation and dominance(all based on brute strength)
The earliest stages of life functioned solely on survial of the fittest rules( fittness then being measured by brute strength)
So why won't the stronger sex make the rules in their favor? Ask yourself.
Somehow the world is still being run by those rules (so I don't necessarily wanna argue about the 'it's a man's world thing' because somehow it still is)

A lion can't eat grass (no matter how well spiced it is) because it's not in it's nature. Never!

So if it's not in a woman's nature to cheat,no matter the civilization and empowerment she obtains,she will never cheat.
What does that tell you? smiley
Monogamy isn't innate, it is acquired.

Emm correction, I don't believe man and woman are or should be the same.
If we were the same, it would be no fun wink wink
I love the differences between the sexes. I think it's part of the beauty of life.

I rest my case.
The part about some rule being the reason women do this or that is what's wrong with feminism. It's the feminist position that men are to be blamed that women act like women, a very silly idea indeed.

Women cheat, no doubt, but they don't have as much propensity to do so as men do. DN made some solid points. You women will cheat if something you consider more "manly" happens by. But men will go after anything that even remotely looks like a woman. Forget the "rack-azz-hips" hype. A guy will hump anything that has a human vg. For him it's almost like the need to eat and certainly the need to prove his manhood to himself and everyone else.

Seriously, even contemporary history proves that we beat you girls at the cheating game. We're so well adapted for it. You're not. Feminism tells you that you are so you run out to prove it. Then you chance upon that one man that is everything you call a man and you realize how all you want is for him to knock you into his headboard every night and you could care less who else is looking at you. It's instinctive.

Us men, on the other hand, tell ourselves to honor our lady and stop staring and thinkin wicked thoughts when someone else happens by. We can hump one girl and be in love with another. The woman who can be in love with one man and have crazy sexxx with another is an aberration. I can't even swear that they exist.
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by 50calibre(m): 3:46pm On Nov 15, 2013
lorretta u: And then when the younglings are fit to survive on their own, and the female is ready for another mating,does she wait for the first male that mated her? Or does she go along with the next male that suits her specifications? You see what I mean?

While females are naturally selective(you're right about that)
It doesn't make them monogamous.
Monogamy as we practice is man-made. Because being of higher intelligence,we know the risks of sleeping around.
So would it be expecting too much that males try to apply more sense in this game as more females do?

And I know you won't believe me,but left without societal conformities, females can do as much sleeping around as males. Even if they do it in a very subtle and non-aggressive manner.

Well we can argue on this all day long, but my opinion, based on what I've observed numerous times, most women would rather be with one man as far as they are happy. I know there are a few exceptions, but the vast majority, have a monogamous mindset, making it ok to generalise.

Even in societies where people are more liberal, you find that the promiscuous women you see, most of the time, are the young ones still in the adventure stage. The moment they develop a more matured mindset, all that stops and they begin looking for stability. If you doubt, then why hasn't the western world accepted polygamy, since there should be no objection from neither men nor women? Men love polygamy, women don't, more often than not a man will be the one to cheat.

Don't make mistake of thinking men & women think alike, No!! Both genders aren't the same, nature & evolution has implanted in both genders different thinking patterns that counterbalances each other. Men & women got different behaviours, different emotional responses, different approaches to relationships and problems etc.
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
@Lorretta, forgive me for spelling your name wrongly, my ignorance.

Ihedinobi and 50C have done so well in trying to make u understand that women aren't naturally wired to cheat in same propensity like men are.

I know quite well that there are plenty women nowadays who cheat, but u will agree with me that a woman who cheats on her boyfriend or husband usually do so with 1 or 3 different guys at most because naturally, her emotion can't take it...reason lovepeddlers use hard drugs and smoke a lot to make them stand the emotional trauma of sleeping with countless men for money. Even though its their business.

But are u aware that guys or men that cheat on their girlfriend or wife do so with as many women as he can get A cheating man has no limit- he sleeps with anything in skirt that he comes across and he feels no remorse besides when u bring in the word of God.

Do u know that most musicians and male celebrities sleep with nothing less than 10 different women every month?

But I doubt any female celebrity can have the emotion and gut to sleep with more than 2 guys aside her boyfriend or husband.

It may interest u to know that the white men u people use as example of monogamous and highly principled men when it comes to sex are the greatest freak when it comes to sex

Most times, they hold their urge while in their country, knowing too well the risk due to government policies and legal rights...but once the leave their home country alone to another country for vacation, they turn to dogs, they sleep with different women on a daily basis. I know what I am talking about...if at all u have worked closely with white men here in Nigeria or in a foreign country that isn't their home country, u will stop using white men as a yardstick for fidelity.

Take it or leave it, man by nature is a polygamous and promiscuous animal. It takes only the special grace of God and commitment to God for a man to resist the urge for sex with more than one woman. Use this information to your advantage and stop arguing a known fact since ages.

When u marry, try and make sure he is in close relationship with God. Don't go monitoring him or fighting or accusing him, nope...just strive and draw him closer to God and let God be your GPS tracking on him and that's the only way u can be assured that he is faithful and clean from shit.
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by Chylo(m): 9:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
Akon is a fool! Sorry to say.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Pregnant Girlfriend Fights Bride At Her Wedding [VIDEO] / Food,sex And Bath-how Do You Like It Done / Key Spots To Target If You Want The Guy To Nack Your Pako!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.