Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,882 members, 7,838,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? (3186 Views)

Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope / Long Distant Relationships...how Safe Are They? / Crying In Relationships: How Did You Feel When He Or She Cried Because Of You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by Hannibal: 8:46pm On Jul 19, 2008
Pataki:

Very true man!

Women are the best in emotional captivation for a mans heart. It is best to widen the gap, and give no room for emotional sentiments from a woman, that way you do be safe. grin
No no no!

I agree 100%.
A man has to be ruthless if he wants to make any headway.
All those crocodile tears don't SCORE with me. . . . . . .
Rants like. . . ."i love u", "how can u do this to me", "u cannot do this to me". . . . . They are all emotional blackmail. grin grin
That was the same thing she told Segun, Tunde, D'banj and 9ice. . . Sometimes they think men are STUPID. tongue tongue tongue

StephenP:

I beg to differ. I'd rather tell her "look there's someone else I'm seeing" and get it off my chest rather than let her assume because she may not see anything wrong in my inability to talk to her.

It depends on the time frame, hombre!!!
A gurl u have stopped speaking to for 6 months won't come back one day expecting miracles.
Are u supposed to ignore the incommunicado of half a year and just take her back in a stride??
StephenP, don't make me bash ur nose with a sledgehammer. angry angry
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by syren: 9:03pm On Jul 19, 2008
Hannibal:

I agree 100%.
Rants like. . . ."i love u", "how can u do this to me", "u cannot do this to me". . . . . They are all emotional blackmail. grin grin
That was the same thing she told Segun, Tunde, D'banj and 9ice. . . Sometimes they think men are STUPID. tongue tongue tongue

A girl u have stopped speaking to for 6 months won't come back one day expecting miracles.
Are u supposed to ignore the incommunicado of half a year and just take her back in a stride??
StephenP, don't make me bash your nose with a sledgehammer. angry angry

Why the violence now? Men , women,  no one is safe from you are they?  undecided
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by rubi(f): 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2008
Hannibal:

I agree 100%.

A girl u have stopped speaking to for 6 months won't come back one day expecting miracles.

It depend on what seperates them in the first place and how close they were before the seperation if she comes back after six months and issue are discussed rather than hanging then eachone will know their stand. A relationship separated in peace is better than in pieces
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by StephenP(m): 9:10pm On Jul 19, 2008
Hannibal:

You mean I should spend six months not calling her, not picking up her calls, hiding in my house praying that she doesn't come by, praying I do not bump into her when I'm outside and if I do act like I don't know her, leaving a store or party because  I spotted her or someone that looks like her there. Naw brother, I can't be living my life in fear like that, I'll rather break it up officially and have my sanity.
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by rubi(f): 9:14pm On Jul 19, 2008
StephenP:

You mean I should spend six months not calling her, not picking up her calls, hiding in my house praying that she doesn't come by, praying I do not bump into her when I'm outside and if I do act like I don't know her, leaving a store or party because I spotted her or someone that looks like her there. Naw brother, I can't be living my life in fear like that, I'll rather break it up officially and have my sanity.

Preach it my brother
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by Hannibal: 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2008
syren:

Why the violence now? Men , women,  no one is safe from you are they?  undecided

That was meant literally. . . . .StephenP is ma homie.

rubi:

It depend on what seperates them in the first place and how close they were before the seperation if she comes back after six months and issue are discussed rather than hanging then eachone will know their stand. A relationship separated in peace is better than in pieces.

I agree relationships should be seperated in peace.
However, what other peaceful way can it be done if it's not. . . . going DARK on a partner.
There's nuthing to guarantee there won't be argument from either party if one set up a rendezvous with one's partner.
Some people are willing to accept a break while some people won't take it lightly depending on how much they have put into the schitzo.

StephenP:

You mean I should spend six months not calling her, not picking up her calls, hiding in my house praying that she doesn't come by, praying I do not bump into her when I'm outside and if I do act like I don't know her, leaving a store or party because  I spotted her or someone that looks like her there. Naw brother, I can't be living my life in fear like that, I'll rather break it up officially and have my sanity.

Don't get me wrong, amigo!!!

Why should one run away from a chic?
All i am saying is when a geezer is fed up. . . . . .cut the communication line and stay dark.
If she comes calling, then u sort it out with her. . . . . . . .If she doesn't come. . . . ALL well and good.

The moral of the story is. . . . . . .Let her do the seeking and searching!!!  It's a fundamental golden rule.
This is a bit safer than calling a babe and telling her. . . . reh reh reh, get out-i don't want u, i am dating someone else and other shittery.
Many men lost their lives with such arrogance and sheer stupidity.

P.S. There are many witches/vampires and female killers out there. . . . .WATCH OUT!!! cheesy wink
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by syren: 9:19pm On Jul 19, 2008
Hannibal:

That was meant literally. . . . .StephenP is ma homie.

*sigh of relief*
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by LadyT(f): 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2008
WOW some of you are gutless wonders.  You cant be bothered to tell someone its over.  They should read the signs?
Unless the relationship was purely sex only as a decent human being you must tell someone you are dating its over.
Oh wait I said decent human being.
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 19, 2008
@topic
better just to tell them
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by CH3COO(m): 9:25pm On Jul 19, 2008
baby, I'm looking for someone younger.

baby, i just realized I'm not quite over my last relationship

sweetie, you looked better when I was drinking . . . now that I'm sober, you figure it out.
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by Hannibal: 9:26pm On Jul 19, 2008
syren:

*sigh of relief*

Sigh of relief??
A Shropshire chic shouldn't be scared of Hannibal. . . . .
Aileen Wuornos is from ur town, innit??
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by LadyT(f): 9:27pm On Jul 19, 2008
CH3COO baby your looking for a fat lip with those lines!
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by CH3COO(m): 9:29pm On Jul 19, 2008
LadyT:

CH3COO baby your looking for a fat lip with those lines!

grin that's fine. anything to get rid of her in a sweet way.

baby, I'm happier when I think of you with another guy.
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by StephenP(m): 9:33pm On Jul 19, 2008
Hannibal:

Don't get me wrong, amigo!!!

Why should one run away from a chic?
All i am saying is when a geezer is fed up. . . . . .cut the communication line and stay dark.
If she comes calling, then u sort it out with her. . . . . . . .If she doesn't come. . . . ALL well and good.

The moral of the story is. . . . . . .Let her do the seeking and searching!!!  It's a fundamental golden rule.
This is a bit safer than calling a babe and telling her. . . . reh reh reh, get outi don't want u, i am dating someone else and other shittery.
Many men lost their lives with such arrogance and sheer stupidity.

P.S. There are many witches/vampires and female killers out there. . . . .WATCH OUT!!! cheesy wink

I completely understand you but I still don't agree with you. What if she eventually calls and my new girlfriend picks up the phone? What would I say to both of them? It just gon' be hella awkward. I choose to do things the easy and straight forward way. If she starts tripping too much, I've got 911 on my speed dial.
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by syren: 9:34pm On Jul 19, 2008
Hannibal:

Sigh of relief??
A Shropshire chic shouldn't be scared of Hannibal. . . . .
Aileen Wuornos is from your town, innit??

Who's scared

You've started again havn't you  angry I'm not from your hometown so go and find your friend Aileen and make jist with her. You two can be milking your cows together  tongue
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by syren: 9:38pm On Jul 19, 2008
StephenP:

I completely understand you but I still don't agree with you. What if she eventually calls and my new girlfriend picks up the phone? What would I say to both of them? It just gon' be hella awkward. I choose to do things the easy and straight forward way. If she starts tripping too much, I've got 911 on my speed dial.

Hmmmm interesting. grin

@ topic
It's simple. Just tell them you don't want them anymore, in nicer terms of course  wink If someone said that to me I'd be gone, I wouldn't hang around looking desperate  undecided
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by Hannibal: 9:40pm On Jul 19, 2008
StephenP:

Then u tell your new girlfriend she is your EX. . . . . .Pure, plain and simple.
A girl i refused to speak to for 6 months CANNOT be a girlfriend anymore.
Geddit??

syren:

Hmmmm interesting. grin

@ topic
It's simple. Just tell them you don't want them anymore, in nicer terms of course  wink If someone said that to me I'd be gone, I wouldn't hang around looking desperate  undecided

How do u tell a jealous, insecured and desperate chic u don't want her[b] in a nice way[/b]??
There's no nice way of telling a bad news. . . . . . .
Is it hard to figure out that some chics don't want any sorta rejection??
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by rubi(f): 9:45pm On Jul 19, 2008
CH3COO:

grin that's fine. anything to get rid of her in a sweet way.

How do you know?
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by onyinye2(f): 9:45pm On Jul 19, 2008
@post

i would just confront the dude. if i see things aint working out, what the hell im i still in the relationship?? waiting for a miracle? I think by just not calling someone and avoiding them shows true cowardness. i dont have time to be hiding out, scared that so and so might come around when im with my new boy toy. I would just say "We had a lot of great times together but i feel things between us are no longer what they use to be. I just think that we should go our separate ways and see what else is out there. It has been fun, good bye my love."
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by CH3COO(m): 9:48pm On Jul 19, 2008
rubi:

How do you know?
you will never get it.

baby, I'm way too busy these days, and that's not fair to you. I love my career more than I love you so swe better call it quits.
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by Hannibal: 9:50pm On Jul 19, 2008
onyinye2:

@post

i would just confront the dude. if i see things aint working out, what the hell im i still in the relationship?? waiting for a miracle? I think by just not calling someone and avoiding them shows true cowardness. i don't have time to be hiding out, scared that so and so might come around when im with my new boy toy. I would just say "We had a lot of great times together but i feel things between us are no longer what they use to be. I just think that we should go our separate ways and see what else is out there. It has been fun, good bye my love."

I think it's easier for a woman to do this more than men. . . . .
Men usually take these things in their strides and move on. . . .no 72 hours crying and kicking themselves.
Whereas, women go on a lengthy hunger-strike, loss of appetite, insomnia, tears, sorrow and blood for donkey weeks.
Besides, HELL hath no FURY like a woman scorned. tongue tongue
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by StephenP(m): 9:50pm On Jul 19, 2008
Hannibal:

Then u tell your new girlfriend she is your EX. . . . . .Pure, plain and simple.
A girl i refused to speak to for 6 months CANNOT be a girlfriend anymore.
Geddit??

Let me rephrase that. You said "If she comes calling, then u sort it out with her", now I am asking, what if she calls within the duration of the six months and my new girlfriend picks up the phone? Remember my "ex" still think she is my girlfriend. Now I am looking like a playa in front of my new girlfriend, who thinks I am the one, on our magical third date. No sir, too much drama going on.
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by syren: 9:50pm On Jul 19, 2008
Hannibal:

How do u tell a jealous, insecured and desperate chic u don't want her[b] in a nice way[/b]??
Is it hard to figure out that some chics don't want any sorta rejection??

At least tell her It's not that hard, and it will be over quicker than waiting 6 months. And we're not talking about the crazy chics that you might date Hannibal, just a regular sane woman. Of course she might be hurt but she'll realise she can't force you to be with her so what else is she gonna do?
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 19, 2008
I feel that love is a wasted emotion.

I want to be a buddhist. And I need to be alone to find my inner Self, like Siddhartha did.
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 19, 2008
olodo, then she'll be like
"We can try open relationship. You don't have o leave me grin
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by StephenP(m): 9:53pm On Jul 19, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

I want to be a buddhist. And I need to be alone to find my inner Self, like Siddhartha did.

Best wishes.
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 19, 2008
@stephen
am not leaving you now grin

That line was for CH3COO

here he comes with his shakara
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by onyinye2(f): 9:56pm On Jul 19, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

chic, you dont want to start with me. I am a love guru. Just call me Aphrodite.

Hannibal:

I think it's easier for a woman to do this more than men. . . . .
Men usually take these things in their strides and move on. . . .no 72 hours crying and kicking themselves.
Whereas, women go on a lengthy hunger-strike, loss of appetite, insomnia, tears, sorrow and blood for donkey weeks.
Besides, HELL hath no FURY like a woman scorned. tongue tongue

What are you serious. Oka the chic might get emotional which is human. But i highly doubt we would go on a hunger strike or lose sleep. Oka i know a lot of brothas who have been dumped and it turned their whole world around.
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by CH3COO(m): 9:58pm On Jul 19, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

@stephen
am not leaving you now grin

That line was for CH3COO

here he comes with his shakara
Your heavy snoring makes me wunna rip off my face and stick my head in salt water. this relationship is over.
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by Hannibal: 9:59pm On Jul 19, 2008
StephenP:

Let me rephrase that. You said "If she comes calling, then u sort it out with her", now I am asking, what if she calls within the duration of the six months and my new girlfriend picks up the phone? Remember my "ex" still think she is my girlfriend. Now I am looking like a playa in front of my new girlfriend, who thinks I am the one, on our magical third date. No sir, too much drama going on.

How can u look like a playa when the so called "ex" hasn't spoken to u in 3-5 months. . . . .What kind of union is that?
No txts, no calls, no form of comm whatsoever and she expects to meet u in your ground state?? Come on, homie. . . where is that done??
If she calls and your new chic picks up the phone(hardly a drama). . . because i expect u to have to have told the new chic u have an ex somewhere!!!

syren:

At least tell her It's not that hard, and it will be over quicker than waiting 6 months. And we're not talking about the crazy chics that you might date Hannibal, just a regular sane woman. Of course she might be hurt but she'll realise she can't force you to be with her so what else is she going to do?

You honestly think all those women u see in skirts are sane?? I beg to differ.
I have seen women trash men's cars, send goons to beat him up, acid baths, drive-bys and all form of vengeance in ma hood.
One of the worst things u can do to a woman is to reject her when she is not ready to be rejected!!!!
Restraining orders are not there for jokes. . . . . .they are enforced to maintain law n order. wink smiley
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 19, 2008
Your heavy snoring makes me wunna rip off my face and stick my head in salt water. this relationship is over.

But I loff you na.

@Oyinye
That was a line o. Love is not a wasted emotion abeg.

Which Greek goddess am I sef? hmm Athena?
Re: Hanging Relationships,how Best To Call It Quits? by onyinye2(f): 10:05pm On Jul 19, 2008
Hannibal:

You honestly think all those women u see in skirts are sane?? I beg to differ.
I have seen women trash men's cars, send goons to beat him up, acid baths, drive-bys and all form of vengeance in ma hood.
One of the worst things u can do to a woman is to reject her when she is not ready to be rejected!!!!
Restraining orders are not there for jokes. . . . . .they are enforced to maintain law n order. wink smiley
Hannibal, now come on now. Are you serious?? what chic would send a goon over to her boyfriend?? unless the girl is truly crazy, yeah it aint happening. And besides, i doubt a goon would even involve himself in such matters. i have seen brothas go nuts when the relationship is over too so stop being bias. Dont act like a brotha gets restraining orders put on him cause they do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

She Doesn't Want Me To Visit Her. / Nigerian Men Should Learn Romance And Not Only Sex - Pye / E Don Happen. Am In Trobull +pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.